Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,060 members, 7,810,953 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:23 PM

Is Love Enough? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Love Enough? (216 Views)

There Is No Need For DNA Test, There Is Love In My Family - Woman Says (Video) / Is Love Enough To Sustain Marriage / Is Love Enough Reason For Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Love Enough? by Kayceenaz(m): 10:50am On Jan 21
I've often seen netizens post and heard people in conversations declare "Love is not enough" in preserving romantic/marital relationships. They cite financial, professional, and familial factors as inclusive. This view seems a no brainer, a truth worth embracing. I admit temptation to follow this trail previously but reevaluation exposes how mistaken a belief this is. This error shapes failures rampant before and after marriage today in Nigeria. Love is enough, I will make this crystal.

"Love is not enough" stems from misinterpretation of love itself. Love in romantic circles is loaded with feelings relating to deep affection, desire, infatuation, or pleasure. Whereas most gentlemen describe love-interests swirl their heads nonstop, most ladies describe butterflies lurking in their stomachs. Certain of love they are. But love transcends these emotions which are biochemical responses to environmental stimuli. Reality of these feelings varnishing when stimulators (certain actions of him/her) are absent underscore love as worth more in meaning. Love is a decision, requiring more of reason and less of emotions to be. It is an intentional step to be with a person (for a lifetime in this context), pledging commitment and loyalty, having been convinced of similarity in visions and actions.

Thus, "Love at first sight" is an illusion; self-deception. Many people mistake attraction for love, that explains their heartbreaks and marital struggles. Attraction triggers curiosity which births love; you can be attracted without being in love. True love is preceded by a deep-level understanding of him/her. It provides insight on their vision, values, priorities, strengths, and weaknesses; an attempt to appreciate for who, not what, he/she is. Your reason is most helpful here. After comprehension, then decision to love follows or not. This is a sustainable interpretation of love, not one largely built on fleeting feelings. It keeps you loyal amidst storms. Love is enough when you love right.

©Kelechi O. Naze

Re: Is Love Enough? by immortalcrown(m): 10:56am On Jan 21
Understanding is the key. Without a proper understanding, love is abused.

The Bible says, "Wisdom is the principal thing". Understanding and wisdom promote each other.

2 Likes

Re: Is Love Enough? by Jennyclay(f): 12:19pm On Jan 21
Is it Love I will eat in a relationship/marriage undecided

Biko, Money is enough!! Then we start talking about true love.

You don have money as man and you want to experience true love. Keep deceiving yourself!!

Shior!!
Re: Is Love Enough? by immortalcrown(m): 12:25pm On Jan 21
Jennyclay:

You don have money as man and you want to experience true love. Keep deceiving yourself!!

Shior!!
So, why can't women give men money? Does it mean only men can give or inspire love?

2 Likes

Re: Is Love Enough? by Jennyclay(f): 12:35pm On Jan 21
immortalcrown:
So, why can't women give men money? Does it mean only men can give or inspire love?
won’t you be ashamed of yourself if a woman is giving you money undecided

abi God has give you men dominion over everything on earth so why are you running away from you responsibilities

The Bible also said any man that can’t take good care of a woman is worse than an infidel.
Re: Is Love Enough? by immortalcrown(m): 12:35pm On Jan 21
Jennyclay:
won’t you be ashamed of yourself if a woman is a giving you money undecided

abi God has give you men dominion over everything on earth so why are you running away from you responsibilities

The Bible also said any man that can’t take good care of a woman is worse than an infidel.
Why will I be ashamed to accept money from a woman whom God created to be my helper? That I can take care of my woman does not make it a taboo for her to take care of me. The God that says I should care for my woman does not say it is sinful for my woman to care for me.

1 Like

Re: Is Love Enough? by Daniel7543: 12:48pm On Jan 21
Jennyclay:
won’t you be ashamed of yourself if a woman is giving you money undecided
let say a SIMPle guy gives u all u want…. so wat do u have to offer the SIMPle guy in return.
No tell me say na ur rotten kpekus u wan give am

Re: Is Love Enough? by Caicedobets(m): 2:08pm On Jan 21
Jennyclay:

Shior!!
killaboy has money
Go and date him
Re: Is Love Enough? by Kayceenaz(m): 6:40pm On Jan 21
cc: royalroy, mynd44, seun

Kindly forward to front page to make many blind see.

(1) (Reply)

The Result For Mohbad's Son DNA Is Out / What Attitude Did Or Will Your Partner Exhibited Or Will Exhibit / Have You Been Hit/punched Or Lost A Valuable At The Bus Stop?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.