Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,988 members, 7,825,068 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:58 AM

Is Love Enough To Sustain Marriage - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Love Enough To Sustain Marriage (1977 Views)

There Is No Need For DNA Test, There Is Love In My Family - Woman Says (Video) / What Habits Did You See In Your Father That You Are Determined To Sustain? / Is Love Enough Reason For Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Love Enough To Sustain Marriage by Johntemmy(m): 3:56pm On May 28, 2020
For better for worse is love enough to sustain marriage?
Oya share your opinion biko....
Re: Is Love Enough To Sustain Marriage by Neroiam(m): 3:57pm On May 28, 2020
Yes o ..love no dey look face o, it doesn't hurt, it does not hate, it doesn't keep malice, it tolerates, it forgives, it gives, Love is Love.

In fact, oyibo say what!!! ..the love that you give to a person is directly proportional to the akamu and akara wey u go nak for early momo. Mtttttssttccch.. Tainkiu

1 Like

Re: Is Love Enough To Sustain Marriage by sexylassie2(f): 4:00pm On May 28, 2020
No. Love is not enough.

Reality is that love isn't important in a marriage, what is important is doing your duties as a man or woman.

In countries, where they do arranged marriage, who got time for love, at the end of the day, the marriage still works out.

I have come to understand that people who go out to look for love in marriage end up disappointed.

Marriage is not a place for fantasy but of doing your duties as a man and a woman.

12 Likes

Re: Is Love Enough To Sustain Marriage by Ukprosper: 4:08pm On May 28, 2020
Sometimes, I'd say love does not exist. Other times, I'd say it does. It's not because I don't know what to believe but I've come to find out that there are different perspectives to love.

In sustaining a relationship, so many things are involved. But the simple way I define love is "commitment". The butterfly feelings may soon pass away but commitment makes you stay no matter what happens. I wrote a post about 5 reasons why my girlfriend dumped me, and in that post you will learn a lot about why I think just that emotional kind of love is not enough.

I have other articles about this topic you just raised but let me stop here for now.

1 Like

Re: Is Love Enough To Sustain Marriage by tesseract: 4:14pm On May 28, 2020
Love is what remains when all the glitz and glam is gone, its what remains when the beauty fades and the pockets go dry. Love isn't as a result of emotions, it comes from a promise that no matter the situation, we grind together till we win.
Those people saying Love is not enough have never felt it in their entire lives neither are they capable of genuinely giving it.
With love, even having little brings contentment and the hope of abundance is always rekindled. My opinion grin

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is Love Enough To Sustain Marriage by Bola146(f): 4:39pm On May 28, 2020
No, it also needs trust, transparency and devotion. Also money grin grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Is Love Enough To Sustain Marriage by McMayor(m): 4:42pm On May 28, 2020
The later is very important. Not forgetting to carry your partner along. Supporting her dreams that's when she would know you really love her.

Bola146:
No, it also needs trust, transparency and devotion. Also money too grin grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Is Love Enough To Sustain Marriage by CAPSLOCKED: 4:44pm On May 28, 2020
JUST GO ANYWHERE AND TELL THEM YOU LOVE YOUR WIFE, AND THEY'LL GIVE YOU FREE FOOD AND PAMPERS FOR YOUR KIDS AS WELL AS SCHOLARSHIPS UP TO PHD LEVEL.

5 Likes

Re: Is Love Enough To Sustain Marriage by Mariangeles(f): 5:20pm On May 28, 2020
Johntemmy:

For better for worse
is love enough to sustain
marriage?

Love conquers all.
I believe in love.

1 Like

Re: Is Love Enough To Sustain Marriage by bukatyne(f): 5:30pm On May 28, 2020
Johntemmy:
For better for worse
marriage?

Genuine, action-love from both parties is enough.

It is all that is needed.

1 Like

Re: Is Love Enough To Sustain Marriage by Hathor5(f): 5:43pm On May 28, 2020
I don't think so. undecided
Re: Is Love Enough To Sustain Marriage by Jullima(f): 5:47pm On May 28, 2020
There’s a difference between love and romantic love.

Love and empathy is key in a marriage.

6 Likes

Re: Is Love Enough To Sustain Marriage by Omoluabi16(m): 5:56pm On May 28, 2020
Love is all you need. Love conquers all, so long it is true.

1 Like

Re: Is Love Enough To Sustain Marriage by Omoluabi16(m): 5:58pm On May 28, 2020
Mariangeles:

Love conquers all. I believe in love.
100 yards.
Re: Is Love Enough To Sustain Marriage by Mariangeles(f): 6:15pm On May 28, 2020
Omoluabi16:
100 yards.

E tun ti de cheesy
Re: Is Love Enough To Sustain Marriage by CsRockefeller(m): 6:18pm On May 28, 2020
Yes. Agape love.

Love also involves provision.

Love is more than enough.

3 Likes

Re: Is Love Enough To Sustain Marriage by Mariangeles(f): 6:19pm On May 28, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:
JUST GO ANYWHERE AND TELL THEM YOU LOVE YOUR WIFE, AND THEY'LL GIVE YOU FREE FOOD AND PAMPERS FOR YOUR KIDS AS WELL AS SCHOLARSHIPS UP TO PHD LEVEL.

Love does not mean irresponsible.
Don't get it twisted.

2 Likes

Re: Is Love Enough To Sustain Marriage by Nobody: 8:49pm On May 28, 2020
Love + Trust + Attention = Healthy Relationship

1 Like

Re: Is Love Enough To Sustain Marriage by Omoluabi16(m): 9:34pm On May 28, 2020
Mariangeles:

E tun ti de cheesy
beeni. you no happy say I measure you wella. grin

Your post is very correct.
Re: Is Love Enough To Sustain Marriage by Nobody: 8:06am On May 29, 2020

1 Like

Re: Is Love Enough To Sustain Marriage by nautybride: 11:48am On May 29, 2020
No, love is not enough.
Re: Is Love Enough To Sustain Marriage by Johntemmy(m): 12:43pm On May 29, 2020
Neroiam:
Yes o ..love no dey look face o, it doesn't hurt, it does not hate, it doesn't keep malice, it tolerates, it forgives, it gives, Love is Love.

In fact, oyibo say what!!! ..the love that you give to a person is directly proportional to the akamu and akara wey u go nak for early momo. Mtttttssttccch.. Tainkiu
ok tank yu
Re: Is Love Enough To Sustain Marriage by frozen70(f): 8:18pm On May 29, 2020
Johntemmy:
For better for worse
marriage?

Love is like a package that contains everything that you need in marriage

Love will give you patience

Love will give you hope

Live will make you happy

Love will give you peace

Love will make you to respect

Love will blind faults in yours

Love will guide your manners

Love will make you to understand each other like a book

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Love Enough To Sustain Marriage by faithfull18(f): 8:25pm On May 29, 2020
How many times will this question be asked
Re: Is Love Enough To Sustain Marriage by mrblessed(m): 9:34pm On May 29, 2020
What you referred to as "love" is actually "emotional investment" or commitment, and it is what holds many marriages from crashing. Considering how careless and selfish many have become in marriage these days, it is the partner who invests the most that bears the brunt and sustains the marriage. When no partner is willing to invest or commit to the marriage, or when the investment and commitment of a partner is not duly appreciated, it becomes a burden and can lead to the collapse of the marriage. At a point in marriage, love transforms into something else: it can be an investment, commitment, or a burden.
Re: Is Love Enough To Sustain Marriage by GboyegaD(m): 9:48pm On May 29, 2020
Your definition of love is what matters. To me it goes beyond the butterfly feelings and it comes with responsibilities as well. That said, love is enough to sustain marriage.
Re: Is Love Enough To Sustain Marriage by 9JAFULLBREED(m): 12:56am On May 30, 2020
What is LOVE grin

Johntemmy:
For better for worse
marriage?

Re: Is Love Enough To Sustain Marriage by bdchange(m): 6:58am On May 30, 2020
If both are true Christians then love should be enough for both as stated in 1 Cor 13:4-8 that love is everything needed to sustain marriage. But you and I know that this is not the case when it comes to majority practising Christianity today. So since people don't see love the way it is being described above in that Bible passage then it is never enough for marriage sustainability but rather other factors chosen by the intending couples must come to play else it becomes a disaster.
Re: Is Love Enough To Sustain Marriage by Dyt(f): 7:10am On May 30, 2020
Love isn't enough
Never will it be enough

Yes in love, you over look so many things but for how long can that take You?

You don't stay with an irresponsible man cos you simply in Love, it will wean off
You can't keep loving an abusive partner

Ofcourse love is a strong ingredient that makes it all sweet, but what about respect, money, PEACE?
Re: Is Love Enough To Sustain Marriage by Nobody: 7:50am On May 30, 2020
No. Love is a feeling; it alone cannot sustain a relationship/marriage. To make a relationship/marriage thrive, love is needed in conjunction with practical factors like compatibility, respect, honesty, effective communication, and compromise.
Re: Is Love Enough To Sustain Marriage by Shinny1: 10:24am On May 30, 2020
Though love conquers all but is not total enough....no matter how much you love someone as a guy and the person refuses to respect you with time your love will start waxing cold
So love and respect is what will sustain marriage...cos someone you love you can easily trust..
Re: Is Love Enough To Sustain Marriage by Johntemmy(m): 3:03pm On May 30, 2020
Dyt:
Love isn't enough
Never will it be enough

Yes in love, you over look so many things but for how long can that take You?

You don't stay with an irresponsible man cos you simply in Love, it will wean off
You can't keep loving an abusive partner

Ofcourse love is a strong ingredient that makes it all sweet, but what about respect, money, PEACE?

hummm true talk

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mango Smartphones The Future Is Here / Mother Captures 2-year-old Son's Life By Drawing A Picture Of Him EVERY DAY / Wives Checkout (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.