Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,859 members, 7,813,935 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:56 PM

Nigerian Student, Augustine Ndife, Denied Graduation In Uganda - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerian Student, Augustine Ndife, Denied Graduation In Uganda (30719 Views)

Nigerian Slay Queen Arrives Her Graduation In Expensive Convoy, Wows Colleagues / Which Course Has More Job Opportunities After Graduation in Nigeria? / Man Deported To Nigeria When Daughter Was 8, Shows Up At Her Graduation In U.S (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Student, Augustine Ndife, Denied Graduation In Uganda by yinkabamiro: 7:51pm On Jan 21
Mr Augustine Ndife took to his Facebook page to express his feelings for being denied graduation by a Ugandan University.

He narratesā€¦

I wanted to take a moment to share a frustrating experience I recently had with Kampala University in Uganda. Unfortunately, despite meeting all the academic requirements for graduation, the university has denied me the right to graduate due to a non-academically related issue.

In light of this situation, I took the initiative to investigate the matter further in order to find a resolution. Through my own efforts, I discovered that the university's decision to deny my graduation was unfounded and unfair. I believe that it is my right to be recognized for the hard work and dedication I have put into my studies.

In light of this unfair treatment, I reached out to the National Council for Higher Education (NCHE) to request their intervention in the matter. I also implored Kampala University to refund my tuition fees if they were unable to fulfill their obligation of granting me graduation.

However, to my disappointment, the university has yet to comply with the NCHE's recommendation and has not refunded the fees as obliged. This has caused me great financial and emotional distress, as I have been denied the opportunity to celebrate my academic achievements and move forward in my professional life.

Regrettably, despite numerous attempts to resolve this matter amicably, I have been left with no choice but to pursue legal action. The issue is now in court as I seek justice for the denial of my right to graduate.

I believe it is important to bring attention to situations like these, where individuals are unfairly treated by educational institutions. Education should be a fundamental right, and we should all stand up against any form of discrimination.

I genuinely hope that this situation can be resolved, not just for myself, but for the sake of upholding fairness and justice within the education system. I appreciate your support and understanding during this challenging time.

https://www.facebook.com/100065721338820/posts/pfbid02dfq9fpZWTJUrxBWa7LJDM4mAMnUeccCZBGLB7X5xEjHYQjzrAtAz36VrKxKKQdzDl/?app=fbl

10 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigerian Student, Augustine Ndife, Denied Graduation In Uganda by DesChyko: 9:17pm On Jan 21
I like that he is pursuing it legally and even has some Ugandan support as well.

Hopefully, this pans out for him.

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Student, Augustine Ndife, Denied Graduation In Uganda by Nezero(m): 9:27pm On Jan 21
So sorry to hear

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Student, Augustine Ndife, Denied Graduation In Uganda by dawnomike(m): 9:27pm On Jan 21
Africans discriminating fellow Africans... And we are the ones that will still be shooting 'Racism' when overseas.

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Student, Augustine Ndife, Denied Graduation In Uganda by matify83: 10:37pm On Jan 21
Happy that he is following up using all available legal means at his disposal.

He will definitely come out victorious.

18 Likes

Re: Nigerian Student, Augustine Ndife, Denied Graduation In Uganda by alayandekolasam(m): 6:43am On Jan 22
Of course, good that he has adopted legal option for redress.
However, before I can make further comment, he needs to let us know the "non-academically related issue' connected to him as he alluded to

Now, I have read through what appears to be the 'non academically related issue', thanks to those who referred me to the 3rd document attached.

But can we say for the umpteen time fellow Nigerians, that Nigerians can and needs be more level headed in another man's land!

I have had interactions with many other Africans I met both within and outside Nigeria, the perception we strike to them is different: They see us as a breed of confident, sometimes overly, rude and somewhat a 'difficult to control' people.

What we call 'cruise' here can cheaply be termed 'unruly', and what makes 'fun' to us comes across as a 'big deal' to them. And this is not exactly because they don't like or admire us as a people.

Needless to say that many of us can be truly overbearing once we step out of the border.
Again folks, we really can be more guided and level headed, especially in another man's land, focusing primary on the purpose of our sojourn there

103 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerian Student, Augustine Ndife, Denied Graduation In Uganda by christejames(m): 8:03am On Jan 22
grin grin grin

You dey wear, you no go gree T-Shirt? cheesy

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Student, Augustine Ndife, Denied Graduation In Uganda by yinkabamiro: 11:57am On Jan 22
alayandekolasam:
Of course, good that he has adopted legal option for redress.
However, before I can make further comment, he needs to let us know the "non-academically related issue' connected to him as he alluded to
A small altercation with the school finance manager at a bar club (Lady)

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Student, Augustine Ndife, Denied Graduation In Uganda by bigdammyj: 5:20pm On Jan 22
Noted.
Re: Nigerian Student, Augustine Ndife, Denied Graduation In Uganda by Wealthoptulent(m): 5:20pm On Jan 22
yinkabamiro:
the university has denied me the right to graduate due to a non-academically related issue.

https://www.facebook.com/100065721338820/posts/pfbid02dfq9fpZWTJUrxBWa7LJDM4mAMnUeccCZBGLB7X5xEjHYQjzrAtAz36VrKxKKQdzDl/?app=fbl
he failed abi dem DENY am cos of other issue? when no be VISA transcript no dey?
i talk am, wetin him do NON-ACADEMICALLY? u sef u no seee ogun state go learn ADIRE, u dey go KAMPALA for UGANDA... dem don use kampala soap wash u no, u dey cry for ST grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Student, Augustine Ndife, Denied Graduation In Uganda by Marvieduke(f): 5:20pm On Jan 22
So sad about this info but I think and hope the legal actions you are taking would be effective.....
Re: Nigerian Student, Augustine Ndife, Denied Graduation In Uganda by sofeo(m): 5:22pm On Jan 22
It's well with his soul.
Re: Nigerian Student, Augustine Ndife, Denied Graduation In Uganda by 123yes(m): 5:22pm On Jan 22
Sorry dear your country Nigeria failed you if not that what will make a Nigeria man travel to poor Uganda to seek for University education. I pray that God will help you resolve this issue with the school amicably.
Re: Nigerian Student, Augustine Ndife, Denied Graduation In Uganda by munavi: 5:22pm On Jan 22
Austin no gree for any university šŸ˜”

Maybe you can reach out to Nigerians in Diaspora Commission (NIDCOM) for help. They will be able to get answers to your plight faster.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Student, Augustine Ndife, Denied Graduation In Uganda by adesegun121(m): 5:23pm On Jan 22
Uganda kilo wa kiri grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Student, Augustine Ndife, Denied Graduation In Uganda by trilacos: 5:23pm On Jan 22
You leave Nigeria go dey school for Uganda shocked

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Student, Augustine Ndife, Denied Graduation In Uganda by AmazingELixir: 5:23pm On Jan 22
lipsrsealed

Op you said everything but tactically denied us the knowledge of exactly what you did to the institution to warrant their action.

12 Likes

Re: Nigerian Student, Augustine Ndife, Denied Graduation In Uganda by Sctests: 5:24pm On Jan 22
Just look for some Ugandan students in Nigeria and kick them out.

Retaliatory diplomacy is the only way to make other countries respect you. They'll think twice if they know you are capable of cause them trouble.
Re: Nigerian Student, Augustine Ndife, Denied Graduation In Uganda by FFIA: 5:24pm On Jan 22
grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Ndi Uganda grin

Most of you will jump to support him without reading and understanding the below. grin

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Student, Augustine Ndife, Denied Graduation In Uganda by oyeb15: 5:24pm On Jan 22
Na he who get money, leave him brothers who dey suffer for Nigeria go study for Uganda come get problem for Uganda come they expect his suffering brothers to they fight for am.

As you dey alone in your package, no so u be o.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Student, Augustine Ndife, Denied Graduation In Uganda by ivolt: 5:26pm On Jan 22
hmmn

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Student, Augustine Ndife, Denied Graduation In Uganda by Chikel20000(m): 5:26pm On Jan 22
Ok now
Re: Nigerian Student, Augustine Ndife, Denied Graduation In Uganda by tabaralph: 5:27pm On Jan 22
yinkabamiro:

Uganda universities will soon be added to the number of banned universities by Nigeria government

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Student, Augustine Ndife, Denied Graduation In Uganda by SlavaUkraini: 5:27pm On Jan 22
AmazingELixir:
lipsrsealed

Op you said everything but tactically denied us the knowledge of exactly what you did to the institution to warrant their action.

Don't mind him

He was involved in some kind of malpractice...

He colluded with a staff to remark his papers without the university approval so time ago.. ...

Time to graduate don reach

Breeze don open fowl Yansh

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Student, Augustine Ndife, Denied Graduation In Uganda by danzaki63: 5:28pm On Jan 22
You think you can have it the Nigerian way? they said, coniving with staff of the University to alter his deficiency !!!!!!! and you except to graduate. just do as the University said , go back sit for the make up exams and graduate, what is so difficult about that?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Student, Augustine Ndife, Denied Graduation In Uganda by lonelydora: 5:28pm On Jan 22
I like that he chose the legal process and not making outbursts on social media. Very unlike a Nigerian.
Re: Nigerian Student, Augustine Ndife, Denied Graduation In Uganda by FFIA: 5:28pm On Jan 22
grin

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Student, Augustine Ndife, Denied Graduation In Uganda by Yaxon: 5:28pm On Jan 22
That's not fair

Become a high value person and earn more in 2024.
Switch to a tech career without coding
Join me and learn how to build 15 different types of websites step by step.
Learn Web Optimisation, Web Security, and Web Consulting
Check my profile for details

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Student, Augustine Ndife, Denied Graduation In Uganda by Streetmovement(m): 5:30pm On Jan 22
Wotoporiously cool speaking

Wetin go make me even go school for UgandašŸ¤”

Well I don't know his situation but I hope it's gonna be resolved as soon as possible
Re: Nigerian Student, Augustine Ndife, Denied Graduation In Uganda by Nokio2: 5:30pm On Jan 22
U go quarrel with bursar for club
U tink say na ekpoma u dey
Who go gree for who now

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Federal University Wukari Closes Down Indefinitely (Photos, Video) / Olasunkanmi Arowolo, LASU Lecturer Introduces Edmodo, Mobile Classroom / Uniben Pulls Out Of ASUU Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.