Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,299 members, 7,836,302 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:01 AM

Nigerian Student, Augustine Ndife, Denied Graduation In Uganda - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerian Student, Augustine Ndife, Denied Graduation In Uganda (30786 Views)

Nigerian Slay Queen Arrives Her Graduation In Expensive Convoy, Wows Colleagues / Which Course Has More Job Opportunities After Graduation in Nigeria? / Man Deported To Nigeria When Daughter Was 8, Shows Up At Her Graduation In U.S (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Student, Augustine Ndife, Denied Graduation In Uganda by FFIA: 6:07pm On Jan 22
Beautifulday:

The person who was alleged to have been bribed was not prosecuted. What does that tell you?
Last last if nothing works out, be should come back home and attend open university.
Re: Nigerian Student, Augustine Ndife, Denied Graduation In Uganda by Neddyogu(m): 6:11pm On Jan 22
Baba go clear ur caro dem, maybe they will consider u.
Re: Nigerian Student, Augustine Ndife, Denied Graduation In Uganda by Tealcrestmedia(m): 6:23pm On Jan 22
alayandekolasam:
Of course, good that he has adopted legal option for redress.
However, before I can make further comment, he needs to let us know the "non-academically related issue' connected to him as he alluded to

Yea, he seemed to have glanced that part in his write up. However, in Nigeria most degrees are awarded for character and in learning, and the character always comes first. So indeed some non academically related issues can stop one from graduating. I hope his case is different tho.
Re: Nigerian Student, Augustine Ndife, Denied Graduation In Uganda by BABANGBALI: 6:23pm On Jan 22
Chei see as ordinary Uganda dey rubbish Nigeria and Nigerian

Abeg who is interested in adopting a 43 year old bouncing baby boy?🥲🥹😌😌
Re: Nigerian Student, Augustine Ndife, Denied Graduation In Uganda by Focusmind: 6:32pm On Jan 22
Something must have transpired which he didn't disclosed. For a university to deny a student graduation on non academic matters, Something grevious or sinister must have been committed. The addendum to the letter from the University commission wasn't sufficient. It wasn't properly detailed.
Re: Nigerian Student, Augustine Ndife, Denied Graduation In Uganda by Golan007: 6:33pm On Jan 22
christejames:
grin grin grin

You dey wear, you no go gree T-Shirt? cheesy

grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Student, Augustine Ndife, Denied Graduation In Uganda by zebszebs: 6:33pm On Jan 22
alayandekolasam:
However, before I can make further comment, he needs to let us know the "non-academically related issue' connected to him as he alluded to

You should know the reason.

2+2=?
Re: Nigerian Student, Augustine Ndife, Denied Graduation In Uganda by intruder15(m): 6:37pm On Jan 22
alayandekolasam:

Gbam!!
Re: Nigerian Student, Augustine Ndife, Denied Graduation In Uganda by Charlie2020(f): 6:37pm On Jan 22
The way this my nephew was denied admission into FSTC Yaba by Lagos state government despite scoring the highest mark, just because he's Igbo

Re: Nigerian Student, Augustine Ndife, Denied Graduation In Uganda by PARADIZEPRIEST: 6:39pm On Jan 22
O BOY JUST REPORT THE UNI TO PRESIDENT MUSAVENI,HE WILL NOT TOLERATE SUCH NONSENSE. angry do a social media ad to get attention of President Musaveni,and you will see action. grin
Re: Nigerian Student, Augustine Ndife, Denied Graduation In Uganda by BennyDGreat: 6:40pm On Jan 22
Charlie2020:
The way this my nephew was denied admission into FSTC Yaba by Lagos state government despite scoring the highest mark, just because he's Igbo

Tag the appropriate authority on twitter.
Re: Nigerian Student, Augustine Ndife, Denied Graduation In Uganda by greggng: 6:45pm On Jan 22
You didn't even tell us the reason the school gave for denying you the opportunity to graduate but you ended up concluding tjst your investigation shows the have no reason for doing that .. Are you a lawyer ? How did you arrive at your conclusion independently ?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Student, Augustine Ndife, Denied Graduation In Uganda by sheldonbbt: 6:47pm On Jan 22
dawnomike:
Africans discriminating fellow Africans... And we are the ones that will still be shooting 'Racism' when overseas.

No discrimination here. To be enrolled to Bachelors program in Uganda, you require A level not O level as we have in Nigeria (WAEC and NECO).

Still same mistake Indians are making. India requires 12+1 level which is equivalent to A level but the schools in India accepts our O'level.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Student, Augustine Ndife, Denied Graduation In Uganda by PARADIZEPRIEST: 6:49pm On Jan 22
Charlie2020:
is a big lie, igbos dominate pubic schools in Lagos,my kids are almost graduationg from school,,talk anoda thing and stop this tribal nonsense.
Did you slot in the kid name when d quota was already filled? Be honest. sad
Re: Nigerian Student, Augustine Ndife, Denied Graduation In Uganda by Chibuzoripob: 6:50pm On Jan 22
cool sad sad NO GREE FOR ANYBODY DON REACH UGANDA shocked sad
Re: Nigerian Student, Augustine Ndife, Denied Graduation In Uganda by Ayatullah(m): 6:50pm On Jan 22
Dear Augustine,

Your case is cloudy, you are only trying hard to justify yourself and this will not work well for you.

None of your tendered "documents" in your case actually exonerated you in any way.

I on my own side believe you actually have a case to answer.

I advise you to return to Nigeria before you are frustrated in a strange land. Come home and register with an Open University if you are bent on University education.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Student, Augustine Ndife, Denied Graduation In Uganda by 1stGenAmerican(f): 6:57pm On Jan 22
FFIA:
grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Ndi Uganda grin

Most of you will jump to support him without reading and understanding the below. grin

That’s correct. The findings imply that because the university didn’t reprimand him for his shortcut gone wrong, he should’ve been allowed to get away with it. If he truly sat for the exams instead of colluding with renegade university employees as the officials are claiming, he should easily be able to provide proof.
I’ve never heard of a university that refunds fees to students who don’t meet graduation requirements. Can someone name a few?
Re: Nigerian Student, Augustine Ndife, Denied Graduation In Uganda by FFIA: 6:59pm On Jan 22
1stGenAmerican:

That’s correct. The findings imply that because the university didn’t reprimand him for his shortcut gone wrong, he should’ve been allowed to get away with it. If he truly sat for the exams instead of colluding with renegade university employees as the officials are claiming, he should easily be able to provide proof.
I’ve never heard of a university that refunds fees to students who don’t meet graduation requirements. Can someone name a few?
Finally, someone who truly understands the situation.

Biased people will hate you for this.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Student, Augustine Ndife, Denied Graduation In Uganda by FFIA: 7:00pm On Jan 22
Ayatullah:
Dear Augustine,

Your case is cloudy, you are only trying hard to justify yourself and this will not work well for you.

None of your tendered "documents" in your case actually exonerated you in any way.

I on my own side believe you actually have a case to answer.

I advise you to return to Nigeria before you are frustrated in a strange land. Come home and register with an Open University if you are bent on University education.
Are you in anyway related to Wike the wicked? grin
Re: Nigerian Student, Augustine Ndife, Denied Graduation In Uganda by mmsen: 7:01pm On Jan 22
dawnomike:
Africans discriminating fellow Africans... And we are the ones that will still be shooting 'Racism' when overseas.

The existence of one does not exclude the other.
Re: Nigerian Student, Augustine Ndife, Denied Graduation In Uganda by 1stGenAmerican(f): 7:02pm On Jan 22
Beautifulday:

If the school admitted him and even released his results. He qualified.

Do you know admission is a two way process? He can have results with being admitted.

He was admitted with the knowledge that he’d have additional exams, etc before he received a diploma. He didn’t complete the additional requirements that he was made aware of beforehand.
Re: Nigerian Student, Augustine Ndife, Denied Graduation In Uganda by TUANKU(m): 7:05pm On Jan 22
"Non-academically related issue" fire you there.
You go carry typical Nigerian agbero behavior go exhibit for another man land. You go learn.
Re: Nigerian Student, Augustine Ndife, Denied Graduation In Uganda by 1stGenAmerican(f): 7:07pm On Jan 22
FFIA:

Finally, someone who truly understands the situation.

Biased people will hate you for this.

Of course they will.
What this guy is saying would be just like a thief protesting his arrest and demanding to be freed because you saw him burglarizing your house but you called the police instead of stopping him. cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Student, Augustine Ndife, Denied Graduation In Uganda by FFIA: 7:08pm On Jan 22
1stGenAmerican:

Of course they will.
What this guy is saying would be just like a thief protesting his arrest and demanding to be freed because you saw him burglarizing your house but you called the police instead of stopping him yourself.
Mad analogy grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Student, Augustine Ndife, Denied Graduation In Uganda by 1stGenAmerican(f): 7:13pm On Jan 22
Beautifulday:

The person who was alleged to have been bribed was not prosecuted. What does that tell you?

So if two thieves steal a car together and one thief escapes capture while the other is arrested, you’re saying the apprehended thief should be freed. Why?
Re: Nigerian Student, Augustine Ndife, Denied Graduation In Uganda by BRATISLAVA: 7:46pm On Jan 22
What is the non-academic thing he can't mention? Did he harass or rape anyone?
Re: Nigerian Student, Augustine Ndife, Denied Graduation In Uganda by jimmyvic(m): 8:02pm On Jan 22
I hope you're not the son of Prof. Joel Ndife of my Alma-mater. Else, i'd say karma has found your address
Re: Nigerian Student, Augustine Ndife, Denied Graduation In Uganda by MightySparrow: 8:03pm On Jan 22
DesChyko:
I like that he is pursuing it legally and even has some Ugandan support as well.

Hopefully, this pans out for him.

He has not told us what he did.
I don't believe he the only international student there.
Re: Nigerian Student, Augustine Ndife, Denied Graduation In Uganda by Odidigboigbo(m): 8:34pm On Jan 22
SlavaUkraini:

Don't mind him

He was involved in some kind of malpractice...

He colluded with a staff to remark his papers without the university approval so time ago.. ...

Time to graduate don reach

Breeze don open fowl Yansh
You believe the school that he connived with a staff to have his paper remarked but you failed to believe the findings of the investigation team in the last two paragraphs below the one you believe. Biased mind.
Re: Nigerian Student, Augustine Ndife, Denied Graduation In Uganda by excellentj4teal(m): 8:43pm On Jan 22
dawnomike:

Here they are again. The guy didn't even disclose the non academic offence he committed. Citadel of learning in character and academic.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

UNIZIK SUG President, Others Beat Up Security Man For Locking School Gate(photo) / 22 Very Important Google Search Tricks / Sylvester Oromoni's 12th Posthumous Birthday (Pictures, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.