Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,863 members, 7,824,590 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:09 PM

Nigerian Student, Augustine Ndife, Denied Graduation In Uganda - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerian Student, Augustine Ndife, Denied Graduation In Uganda (30754 Views)

Nigerian Slay Queen Arrives Her Graduation In Expensive Convoy, Wows Colleagues / Which Course Has More Job Opportunities After Graduation in Nigeria? / Man Deported To Nigeria When Daughter Was 8, Shows Up At Her Graduation In U.S (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Student, Augustine Ndife, Denied Graduation In Uganda by Ten06(m): 8:48pm On Jan 22
This is very unfortunate. I implore the Nigeria Government to immediately wade into this issue and bring a favorable end to it.
Re: Nigerian Student, Augustine Ndife, Denied Graduation In Uganda by chipet67(m): 8:56pm On Jan 22
What is the exact issue?
Let us know the direction to comment.
Re: Nigerian Student, Augustine Ndife, Denied Graduation In Uganda by tonicyril: 9:06pm On Jan 22
AmazingELixir:
lipsrsealed

Op you said everything but tactically denied us the knowledge of exactly what you did to the institution to warrant their action.
this is the first tin I was expecting the ignoramuses to ask bit they failed...

Don't mind him, let him continue to speak queen's English
Re: Nigerian Student, Augustine Ndife, Denied Graduation In Uganda by Wizuman: 9:27pm On Jan 22
I wanted to take a moment to share a frustrating experience I recently had with Kampala University in Uganda. Unfortunately, despite meeting all the academic requirements for graduation, the university has denied me the right to graduate due to a non-academically related issue.

Can u please,ease shed more light on the ISSUE?
Re: Nigerian Student, Augustine Ndife, Denied Graduation In Uganda by Wizuman: 9:31pm On Jan 22
Charlie2020:
The way this my nephew was denied admission into FSTC Yaba by Lagos state government despite scoring the highest mark, just because he's Igbo

That school u mentioned is federal-owned. Be educated, Life is not all about tribe and tribalism.
Re: Nigerian Student, Augustine Ndife, Denied Graduation In Uganda by Houseontherock1: 9:34pm On Jan 22
I read the attached letter that contains key findings on Mr Ndife's case and he is at fault...Kampala is not Nigeria...Mr simply did not meet admission requirements...he also failed some courses which he claims to have retaken but school has no record of him retaking them...and they suspect he paid someone to remark his work...he can't graduate! He should however be allowed to start his education afresh as decided by the council. He doesn't qualify for a refund in Nigeria but since he's an international student who didn't know or understand their laws in Uganda, I hope they'll be kind enough to give some refund
Re: Nigerian Student, Augustine Ndife, Denied Graduation In Uganda by HopeGying: 9:34pm On Jan 22
Incomplete story. What was the non-academic issue? Don't you know a degree is awarded based on character and learning? Sh¡T.
Re: Nigerian Student, Augustine Ndife, Denied Graduation In Uganda by Originalsly: 9:35pm On Jan 22
I'm disappointed that he is asking to be graduated..... or a refund of fees. What about the years lost? ... and the money he would've earned? .. and the family he could've started? He needs an American lawyer to go after the university.... he may be the new owner of the university when the case is over
Re: Nigerian Student, Augustine Ndife, Denied Graduation In Uganda by Charly68: 9:40pm On Jan 22
They have offended the wrong person ; Nigerian don't subscribe to nonsense like the school authority is doing ,they will see a warrior in you ..Give them tough fight and let them know that you know your rights within the law
Re: Nigerian Student, Augustine Ndife, Denied Graduation In Uganda by opera1(m): 10:06pm On Jan 22
Má weytin carry you go Uganda you see so
Re: Nigerian Student, Augustine Ndife, Denied Graduation In Uganda by yinkabamiro: 10:09pm On Jan 22
FFIA:
grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Ndi Uganda grin

Most of you will jump to support him without reading and understanding the below. grin
but same people that issue this has instructed the university to refund all his tuition if they can’t graduate him
Re: Nigerian Student, Augustine Ndife, Denied Graduation In Uganda by yinkabamiro: 10:10pm On Jan 22
SlavaUkraini:

Don't mind him

He was involved in some kind of malpractice...

He colluded with a staff to remark his papers without the university approval so time ago.. ...

Time to graduate don reach

Breeze don open fowl Yansh
na altercation occur between him and the finance department woman( a lady)
Re: Nigerian Student, Augustine Ndife, Denied Graduation In Uganda by yinkabamiro: 10:12pm On Jan 22
danzaki63:
You think you can have it the Nigerian way? they said, coniving with staff of the University to alter his deficiency !!!!!!! and you except to graduate. just do as the University said , go back sit for the make up exams and graduate, what is so difficult about that?
oga wetin u dey talk something wey NCHE investigate and issue the skul to graduate him or refund his tuitions
Re: Nigerian Student, Augustine Ndife, Denied Graduation In Uganda by yinkabamiro: 10:17pm On Jan 22
pharmagba:

Make the guy provide us with the reason the university gave first , then I will look objectively at the issue
na altercation in a night club with the finance lady
Re: Nigerian Student, Augustine Ndife, Denied Graduation In Uganda by yinkabamiro: 10:19pm On Jan 22
FFIA:

The guy wasn't qualified to begin the program in the first place.

He didn't follow due process.
due process was followed and he was rightfully admitted. That document was NCHE findings about wat the school is claiming.. go through the yellow paper
Re: Nigerian Student, Augustine Ndife, Denied Graduation In Uganda by yinkabamiro: 10:23pm On Jan 22
greggng:
You didn't even tell us the reason the school gave for denying you the opportunity to graduate but you ended up concluding tjst your investigation shows the have no reason for doing that .. Are you a lawyer ? How did you arrive at your conclusion independently ?
oga read the papers well na it was stated
Re: Nigerian Student, Augustine Ndife, Denied Graduation In Uganda by KayB: 10:27pm On Jan 22
Nigeria needs to diplomatically take her position especially in Africa where these meaningless countries flex muscles with my dear great nation. No thanks to tribal recruitment
Re: Nigerian Student, Augustine Ndife, Denied Graduation In Uganda by SlavaUkraini: 10:38pm On Jan 22
Odidigboigbo:
You believe the school that he connived with a staff to have his paper remarked but you failed to believe the findings of the investigation team in the last two paragraphs below the one you believe. Biased mind.

Shut up your biased mouth

Fake Ibori

The guy was involved in malpractice

Period
Re: Nigerian Student, Augustine Ndife, Denied Graduation In Uganda by greggng: 10:41pm On Jan 22
yinkabamiro:
oga read the papers well na it was stated

So the non academic issue is not specific ? Some of us don't know that for you to graduate you most not be found wanting in learning and character...
Re: Nigerian Student, Augustine Ndife, Denied Graduation In Uganda by Agunesinjaweola: 11:32pm On Jan 22
What is unrelated issue
Do you kidnap VC daughter or jilted her after promised of a marriage
The fact you choose not to disclose your offence speaks volumes !
We cannot be naive to queue behind you except you are sincere to disclose your escapades !!!
Otherwise we no gree to be fooled !!
Re: Nigerian Student, Augustine Ndife, Denied Graduation In Uganda by Hotice085: 4:02am On Jan 23
123yes:
Sorry dear your country Nigeria failed you if not that what will make a Nigeria man travel to poor Uganda to seek for University education. I pray that God will help you resolve this issue with the school amicably.

He failed himself some people can be foolish, what does he want to do with a Uganda certificate in Nigeria?
Re: Nigerian Student, Augustine Ndife, Denied Graduation In Uganda by Charlie2020(f): 4:07am On Jan 23
Wizuman:

That school u mentioned is federal-owned. Be educated, Life is not all about tribe and tribalism.
the exam was conducted by Lagos state examination board, who published his name as failed until we laid our hand on this master result. My brother went to the school to complain but they said they can't do anything about it. He contacted someone who eventually told him to let go have met a stuff resistance from powers that be
Re: Nigerian Student, Augustine Ndife, Denied Graduation In Uganda by jogojogo: 5:14am On Jan 23
FFIA:
grin

Ndi Uganda grin

Most of you will jump to support him without reading and understanding the below. grin

pls explain what you read. I am not supporting the guy
Re: Nigerian Student, Augustine Ndife, Denied Graduation In Uganda by Trophy12: 5:37am On Jan 23
. Even nasarawa state university better pass this useless Uganda university.
Re: Nigerian Student, Augustine Ndife, Denied Graduation In Uganda by IamAsiri: 6:22am On Jan 23
SlavaUkraini:

Don't mind him

He was involved in some kind of malpractice...

He colluded with a staff to remark his papers without the university approval so time ago.. ...

Time to graduate don reach

Breeze don open fowl Yansh

Hmmm
Re: Nigerian Student, Augustine Ndife, Denied Graduation In Uganda by IamAsiri: 6:32am On Jan 23
danzaki63:
You think you can have it the Nigerian way? they said, coniving with staff of the University to alter his deficiency !!!!!!! and you except to graduate. just do as the University said , go back sit for the make up exams and graduate, what is so difficult about that?

I think you need to understand this case better. The council stated their findings which claimed that although the school claimed that the student connived with an errant school official to remark his paper, the errant staff was not apprehended or disciplined in any way by the school.

Also, if this happened in his first year, he was supposed to either have been rusticated or asked to retake that paper. All these were not done, therefore the school is at fault as it showed that they had overlooked that issue by their nonchalance over it.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Student, Augustine Ndife, Denied Graduation In Uganda by Eastcoastboy(m): 6:36am On Jan 23
FFIA:
grin

Ndi Uganda grin

He acted disrespectfully towards and official during election and they requested for apology, which he tendered.

Maybe they feel he needs to pay more.
Re: Nigerian Student, Augustine Ndife, Denied Graduation In Uganda by okenikpoto(m): 6:40am On Jan 23
Wealthoptulent:

he failed abi dem DENY am cos of other issue? when no be VISA transcript no dey?
i talk am, wetin him do NON-ACADEMICALLY? u sef u no seee ogun state go learn ADIRE, u dey go KAMPALA for UGANDA... dem don use kampala soap wash u no, u dey cry for ST grin grin grin

Exactly, he just brushed that one off like it did not matter. By the time the university will respond now you will see that non academic issue is the real issue.
Re: Nigerian Student, Augustine Ndife, Denied Graduation In Uganda by elitper: 6:42am On Jan 23
U carry your developer gra-gra enter Uganda, thinking they'll let it slide. As dem don wipe you 2by2 now, lick your wound alone in peace. Kampala nor be Lagos.
Re: Nigerian Student, Augustine Ndife, Denied Graduation In Uganda by vikstandon(m): 7:03am On Jan 23
alayandekolasam:
Of course, good that he has adopted legal option for redress.
However, before I can make further comment, he needs to let us know the "non-academically related issue' connected to him as he alluded to

Read the 3rd Document

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Student, Augustine Ndife, Denied Graduation In Uganda by NwaliE01: 7:08am On Jan 23
What do you expect us to do with this half truth?You didn't tell us the said allegation so that we can weigh the gravity and make a proper recommendation/advice.
You seemed to found yourself culpable of the allegation or offence levelled against you.
How can you demand for a refund if you claimed to have laboured for the certificate you're seeking?
There's something fishy here.
Anyways, I still wish you all the best.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

UNIABUJA Student Crushed while struggling for shuttle (Video) / I Lost My Jamb Registration Slip / UNIZIK SUG President, Others Beat Up Security Man For Locking School Gate(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.