Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,430 members, 7,815,968 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:30 PM

Rivers LG Chairman Calls Fubara A 'Foolish Governor' In Public - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers LG Chairman Calls Fubara A 'Foolish Governor' In Public (42570 Views)

Samuel Nwanosike Apologises For Calling Fubara A "Foolish Governor" / Sim Fubara, A "1st Class Student" (Photo) / Rivers LG Poll: Barry Mpigi Disobeys Party's Boycot Order, Votes,endorses Wike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rivers LG Chairman Calls Fubara A 'Foolish Governor' In Public by sweetjohn(m): 12:56pm On Jan 22
BondRiv:

Let me educate you.

A governor in Nigeria is not a walking law, but is rather immune from prosecution during his tenure of office? Understand that.

Like the scenario you depicted, should the governor commit murder, he will be impeached by the house and his prosecution will commence.
Is that how Lagos government impeached Tinubu during his tenure amidst murder allegations. Dey play, You dont know the power a governor has. The only person above a governor in Nigeria is the president and only the president not even his vice. And the power of the president on the governor is very very limited.

4 Likes

Re: Rivers LG Chairman Calls Fubara A 'Foolish Governor' In Public by Gandollar(f): 1:01pm On Jan 22
PARADIZEPRIEST:
WIKE CAN NVER BE GODFATHER IN RIVERS,HE CAN NEVER BE LIKE JAGABAN WHO BUILT LAGOS FROM CRATCH WITH A SOUND MASTERPLAN WITHOUT FEDERAL ALLOCATION FROM THEN OBASANJO.
Wike let Rivers people be,you have done your small part,let fubara concentrate.Enough of this noise.
This is too funny! grin

Which one is "cratch" again? grin
Re: Rivers LG Chairman Calls Fubara A 'Foolish Governor' In Public by BondRiv: 1:03pm On Jan 22
sweetjohn:
Is that how Lagos government impeached Tinubu during his tenure amidst murder allegations. Dey play,
You dont know the power a governor has. The only person above a governor in Nigeria is the president and only the president not even his vice. And the power of the president on the governor is very very limited.

You choose to stay in your fantasy island.

I know the powers of the governor. It is not a mystery. They are all contained in the constitution and I have read them.

If assembly members are loyal to a governor, they can turn a blind eye to some things but that doesn't change the position of the law. Fubara is in a different situation with the assembly.
Re: Rivers LG Chairman Calls Fubara A 'Foolish Governor' In Public by ExudeLoveToAll: 1:03pm On Jan 22
bionixs:
which kin gentle be that? Me and am go die for that state . Make e go Abuja go join im oga , not within my jurisdiction e go talk anyhow

Hahaha, calm down. SIM has never been an assertive person, he is not going to change over night. It will take a little while.

1 Like

Re: Rivers LG Chairman Calls Fubara A 'Foolish Governor' In Public by ExudeLoveToAll: 1:07pm On Jan 22
bigcasava1:
no fubara comes from the minority that's why

I don't agree, that's his personality.

Odilli came from a minority too, SIM's ethnic group is bigger than that of Odilli but you can't usurp the powers of Odilli without licking your wounds forever. You will be lucky to stand alive to change Peter Odilli, he will crush you while laughing with you. SIM is a different species, someone who even rejected the position and told Wike to give to those that are interested in becoming Governor.

2 Likes

Re: Rivers LG Chairman Calls Fubara A 'Foolish Governor' In Public by Fiscus105(m): 1:07pm On Jan 22
Walai:
That man too weak seriously. A governor of one of Nigeria's richest states for that matter. Fubara is constutionally 100% more powerful than Wike, he doesn't seem to realize the enormous powers he wields

Did u know what they say, my hands are tied?

I will advice you to study the exact meaning of that statement
Re: Rivers LG Chairman Calls Fubara A 'Foolish Governor' In Public by Ulogwe1: 1:08pm On Jan 22
Chairman, make una use your head na.

Very soon all these nonsense go stop.
I pity una, make SC just declare Fubara as Governor first. Una go see shege.

Una think say Fubara just quite for nothing.

I know WIKE want to use you guys as bait on him. But he will not answer you guys now. The answer is coming after SC judgement.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers LG Chairman Calls Fubara A 'Foolish Governor' In Public by ExudeLoveToAll: 1:09pm On Jan 22
ufuosman:
Samuel Ikwerre lg chairman

Are you serious? Na Ishi be that? Someone that was lobbying SIM to be chief of Staff before he appointed Ehie's predecessor. That guy is the closest replica of Wike, the similarity between them is just too much.
Re: Rivers LG Chairman Calls Fubara A 'Foolish Governor' In Public by ExudeLoveToAll: 1:10pm On Jan 22
BondRiv:

Appointment of caretaker chairmen is unconstitutional. So after their tenure, fresh elections will be conducted. We must abide by this constitution we so love.

That is not feasible in Nigeria of today, the reality is actually different from what is going on.
Re: Rivers LG Chairman Calls Fubara A 'Foolish Governor' In Public by blueAgent(m): 1:12pm On Jan 22
PARADIZEPRIEST:
WIKE CAN NVER BE GODFATHER IN RIVERS,HE CAN NEVER BE LIKE JAGABAN WHO BUILT LAGOS FROM CRATCH WITH A SOUND MASTERPLAN WITHOUT FEDERAL ALLOCATION FROM THEN OBASANJO.
Wike let Rivers people be,you have done your small part,let fubara concentrate.Enough of this noise.

My friend close your mouth.

That Scam has be disproved several times.
Re: Rivers LG Chairman Calls Fubara A 'Foolish Governor' In Public by Sapeleboy911(m): 1:13pm On Jan 22
sweetjohn:
Is that how Lagos government impeached Tinubu during his tenure amidst murder allegations. Dey play, You dont know the power a governor has. The only person above a governor in Nigeria is the president and only the president not even his vice. And the power of the president on the governor is very very limited.

Lagos government didn't impeach Tinunu then because the HOA members were his loyalists. In as much as the HOA members are not working with you or loyal to you, your power as a governor is almost meaningless. Impeachment proceeding can be initiated in split of a second. Same Number 1 man was sprayed with water, not long a ago in that same River state, did any head rolled? I dislike that power drunk man Wike, but SIM started his fight with Wike too early.
Re: Rivers LG Chairman Calls Fubara A 'Foolish Governor' In Public by mkoabiola: 1:16pm On Jan 22
Righthussle:

If you know the chairman you will not pity him. Nwanosike is everything Wike is raised to the power of 2
Really

Is he that powerful and untouchable that fubara can't do anything to him...

Which local gvt is he from?
Re: Rivers LG Chairman Calls Fubara A 'Foolish Governor' In Public by Rejouir: 1:17pm On Jan 22
Why are nigerians, this stupid. Why? A seating govenor !
Re: Rivers LG Chairman Calls Fubara A 'Foolish Governor' In Public by Ttipsy(f): 1:18pm On Jan 22
This is so bad
Re: Rivers LG Chairman Calls Fubara A 'Foolish Governor' In Public by BadBradley: 1:18pm On Jan 22
IgboSomalia:
4 things.

1. Without Wike, Fubara can't even win LG Chairmanship of any LGA in Rivers.

2. The people who worked for Fubara feel betrayed and rightly so.

3. Fubara is now the Governor and must be accorded every respect of his office.

4. This idiot of an LG Chairman must be made a scapegoat for this nonsense.
calling anyone foolish whether governor or president is not a crime. But it's very disrespectful.
Re: Rivers LG Chairman Calls Fubara A 'Foolish Governor' In Public by Kinzo0917(m): 1:25pm On Jan 22
Papparassi:
I pity the LGA chairman.

To me, I think this Fubara is just too weak for a governor
Re: Rivers LG Chairman Calls Fubara A 'Foolish Governor' In Public by Okeoghenerobert: 1:26pm On Jan 22
Wen you have a god-father behind you,you can touch the lion's tail
Re: Rivers LG Chairman Calls Fubara A 'Foolish Governor' In Public by Honestey: 1:27pm On Jan 22
Withholding od allocations incoming!
Re: Rivers LG Chairman Calls Fubara A 'Foolish Governor' In Public by eepeepook: 1:27pm On Jan 22
…and? If he’s acting unwise, I don’t see the problem here.
Re: Rivers LG Chairman Calls Fubara A 'Foolish Governor' In Public by Kinzo0917(m): 1:28pm On Jan 22
ExudeLoveToAll:
Which LGA chairman is this? He is lucky fubara is a gentle man, can he say this to Wike when Wike was Governor?

There tenure is halting this first quarter, let him finish and retire to his home. The hammer is close to his head.

Fubara is just too gentle to be a governor of a state like rivers

Like you said, if it waz wike, he can d local government chairman dare him??

This one na see finish ooo

Fubara is too dull to be a governor

1 Like

Re: Rivers LG Chairman Calls Fubara A 'Foolish Governor' In Public by Righthussle: 1:33pm On Jan 22
mkoabiola:

Really

Is he that powerful and untouchable that fubara can't do anything to him...

Which local gvt is he from?

Ikwere LGA
Re: Rivers LG Chairman Calls Fubara A 'Foolish Governor' In Public by Kinzo0917(m): 1:34pm On Jan 22
YOU JUST SPOKE MY MIND AND MAY GOD BLESS YOU FOR THAT

FUBARA IS DAMN TOO WEAK TO BE A GOVERNOR

MAYBE HE DOES NOT KNOW THE POWERS VESTED ON HIM AS THE EXECUTIVE GOVERNOR OF HIS STATE

AM SO DISSAPOINTED WITH HIM

Walai:
That man too weak seriously. A governor of one of Nigeria's richest states for that matter. Fubara is constutionally 100% more powerful than Wike, he doesn't seem to realize the enormous powers he wields

Re: Rivers LG Chairman Calls Fubara A 'Foolish Governor' In Public by Themandator: 1:34pm On Jan 22
IgboSomalia:
4 things.

1. Without Wike, Fubara can't even win LG Chairmanship of any LGA in Rivers.

2. The people who worked for Fubara feel betrayed and rightly so.

3. Fubara is now the Governor and must be accorded every respect of his office.

4. This idiot of an LG Chairman must be made a scapegoat for this nonsense.

How are they betrayed when Wike was the one who determined who should be what?
Re: Rivers LG Chairman Calls Fubara A 'Foolish Governor' In Public by Ironbull: 1:36pm On Jan 22
Another problem coming again.

So when will Rivers be at peace? This headache has always be lie these since Amaechi era till date, one headache to another.
Re: Rivers LG Chairman Calls Fubara A 'Foolish Governor' In Public by ikdaddy01(m): 1:36pm On Jan 22
Make we finish for Supreme first
Re: Rivers LG Chairman Calls Fubara A 'Foolish Governor' In Public by SmartPolician: 1:37pm On Jan 22
ExudeLoveToAll:
Which LGA chairman is this? He is lucky fubara is a gentle man, can he say this to Wike when Wike was Governor?

There tenure is halting this first quarter, let him finish and retire to his home. The hammer is close to his head.

You cannot successfully lead Rivers State and be a gentleman.

You will just die before your time.

That state is rugged.

1 Like

Re: Rivers LG Chairman Calls Fubara A 'Foolish Governor' In Public by anonymuz(m): 1:38pm On Jan 22
Antoeni:
Yes He Deserved to Be Called Foolish, For Him Not Knowing His
Office
Powers
Position
Abilities

exactly

1 Like

Re: Rivers LG Chairman Calls Fubara A 'Foolish Governor' In Public by spencekat(m): 1:42pm On Jan 22
Bluffly:

Everyone always get one support or the other. Did Wike became a governor all by himself. Please learn to be objective
Don't mind that guy.
Re: Rivers LG Chairman Calls Fubara A 'Foolish Governor' In Public by spencekat(m): 1:42pm On Jan 22
Khallicopyro:

Nobody. I repeat nobody, within a state is more powerful than the governor in Nigeria. If I were Mr. Fubara I won't even act as if I heard him. I'll just ignore him. At least for now
Well said.
Re: Rivers LG Chairman Calls Fubara A 'Foolish Governor' In Public by spencekat(m): 1:45pm On Jan 22
sweetjohn:
Is that how Lagos government impeached Tinubu during his tenure amidst murder allegations. Dey play, You dont know the power a governor has.[/b] The only person above a governor in Nigeria is the president and only the president not even his vice[b]. And the power of the president on the governor is very very limited.
Well said.
Re: Rivers LG Chairman Calls Fubara A 'Foolish Governor' In Public by BondRiv: 1:49pm On Jan 22
ExudeLoveToAll:

That is not feasible in Nigeria of today, the reality is actually different from what is going on.

It will be feasible in Rivers State this time.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tough Policies: IMF, World Bank Take Over Nigeria’s Economy - TribuneOnline / Dino Melaye And His Children At Zoo Atlanta (Photos) / 2019: APC Endorses Mannaseh, Passes No Confidence Vote On Dogara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.