Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,970 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:00 AM

Samuel Nwanosike Apologises For Calling Fubara A "Foolish Governor" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Samuel Nwanosike Apologises For Calling Fubara A "Foolish Governor" (24712 Views)

Rivers LG Chairman Calls Fubara A 'Foolish Governor' In Public / Sim Fubara, A "1st Class Student" (Photo) / Nwanosike Samuel: Amaechi A ‘Mugu’, Did Nothing - Ikwerre LG Chairman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Samuel Nwanosike Apologises For Calling Fubara A "Foolish Governor" by nairalandkachy1: 10:28am On Jan 27
Less than a week after hurling insults at Rivers State Governor Siminalayi Fubara, a council chairperson in the state has tendered an apology claiming that his “leader” – Nyesom Wike – called him to order after the incident.

Samuel Nwanosike, the chairperson of Ikwerre Local Government Area of Rivers State, was seen in a video clip hurling insults at Mr Fubara. He had described the governor as “foolish” and “naïve”.

He personally uploaded the video via his Xhandle, PREMIUM TIMES had reported.

“So today, Fubara is a foolish governor, he’s not mumu Governor but foolish governor.

“Governor Fubara is very naive. He does not know what governance is all about,” he had said in the video, where he also accused Mr Fubara of orchestrating kidnappings in Abuja, the Federal Capital Territory, to push President Bola Tinubu to remove Mr Wike as FCT minister.

But a few days after the video went viral, Mr Nwanosike is seen in a new video addressing a political gathering in the state where he offered an apology, claiming Mr Wike called him to order.

He, however, directed his apology to “the people of Nigeria” and made no mention of Governor Fubara whom he hurled the insults at.

“I want to tell the world that my leader, (referring to Nyesom Wike) after my outburst at my last rally at Omerulu Community, called me to order by saying ‘it is wrong for you to speak to a Governor in that manner whether he’s 18 years old.

“I want to tender an unreserved apology to the people of Nigeria for speaking in that manner and to say clearly that I regret that action and it (was) led by anger,” Mr Nwanosike said.

He uploaded the video on the microblogging platform on Friday.

Mr Nwanosike, an ally of Mr Wike, has been a vocal critic of Mr Fubara after the governor fell out with his predecessor.

Messrs Wike and Fubara have been at loggerheads over the control of governance and politics in the oil-rich state since last October.

The Ikwerre council chairperson has been repeatedly filmed hurling insults at Governor Fubara amidst efforts to implement a controversial peace deal brokered by President Tinubu to end the political crisis in the state.

The political rally at Omerulu Community was not the first time he was filmed heaping insults at Governor Fubara, whom his “leader” – Mr Wike played a pivotal role in his emergence as governor.

Previously, on 6 January, a video surfaced on Facebook, where Mr Nwanosike hurled insults at the governor while addressing his supporters.

He spoke in pidgin English.

“But if you give mumu man (referring to Mr Fubara) wey no know something power, him go carry and play,” he said.

He asked the crowd, “No be so?”
“Na so,” the crowd retorted.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/662479-video-rivers-council-chairperson-apologises-for-calling-fubara-foolish-naive.html?fbclid=IwAR3rSc0mpjSXO1Q1Pr9RpPeVmCn0cE0hgqOMDFwHqIIrVBvJWoxVh6mdxIk

Previous Thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/7977428/rivers-lg-chairman-calls-fubara#128060287

Re: Samuel Nwanosike Apologises For Calling Fubara A "Foolish Governor" by braveboi4life: 10:30am On Jan 27
I dont blame you, it's the SHE governor I blame.

Try that with Obaseki, you and your father's house will be gone and you will be banished from the state and nothing will happen

200 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Samuel Nwanosike Apologises For Calling Fubara A "Foolish Governor" by Righthussle: 10:30am On Jan 27
Take your time. We love Wike and Sim

1 Like

Re: Samuel Nwanosike Apologises For Calling Fubara A "Foolish Governor" by Missgreg0: 10:31am On Jan 27
Apology accepted

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Samuel Nwanosike Apologises For Calling Fubara A "Foolish Governor" by EreluRoz: 10:32am On Jan 27
What type of governor is Fubara? Ikwere people think the governorship position is their birthright despite being minority in Rivers state. I think most Ikweres are against Fubara.

AviatorMoney come and see again

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Samuel Nwanosike Apologises For Calling Fubara A "Foolish Governor" by YinkaOlusesi16(m): 10:34am On Jan 27
Fubara I know, but who is Nwanosike?

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Samuel Nwanosike Apologises For Calling Fubara A "Foolish Governor" by Xscape1993(m): 10:42am On Jan 27
You don't have respect like Wike.

3 Likes

Re: Samuel Nwanosike Apologises For Calling Fubara A "Foolish Governor" by DevilsEqual(m): 10:43am On Jan 27
Fubara na weak man na why u fit do am this thing

Nigerian leaders are not readers, if they were, Most of them would know how best to handle foolish subordinates like this if they had read most of the books written about the past rulers of the world

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Samuel Nwanosike Apologises For Calling Fubara A "Foolish Governor" by Nice2023(m): 10:48am On Jan 27
He buried himself politically.

Any man who does not stand up on his own in decisiosn making time, is a man in cage.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Samuel Nwanosike Apologises For Calling Fubara A "Foolish Governor" by Badgers14: 10:54am On Jan 27
He should apologize to the person he offended..

Apologizing to Nigerians ke?

He just tendered an apology for the sake of tendering an apology..

He called a governor foolish abi? If he felt remorseful, he should apologize to the governor first, then others

62 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Samuel Nwanosike Apologises For Calling Fubara A "Foolish Governor" by AmazingELixir: 10:56am On Jan 27
Ok
Re: Samuel Nwanosike Apologises For Calling Fubara A "Foolish Governor" by bobonla: 10:56am On Jan 27
Ok. Their problem

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Samuel Nwanosike Apologises For Calling Fubara A "Foolish Governor" by DarkPheonix: 10:57am On Jan 27
Sim is a dummy, if not he should've dealt with this so called chairman.
Can a chairman say this wike when he was a governor?

27 Likes

Re: Samuel Nwanosike Apologises For Calling Fubara A "Foolish Governor" by Oghene86: 10:58am On Jan 27

2 Likes

Re: Samuel Nwanosike Apologises For Calling Fubara A "Foolish Governor" by Depriest2020: 10:58am On Jan 27
Fubara just emboldened other Wike loyalist to misbehave and nothing will happen.

14 Likes

Re: Samuel Nwanosike Apologises For Calling Fubara A "Foolish Governor" by Bobloco: 10:58am On Jan 27
YinkaOlusesi16:
Fubara I know, but who is Nwanosike?

Nwanosike is local govt council chairman

2 Likes

Re: Samuel Nwanosike Apologises For Calling Fubara A "Foolish Governor" by subcbouy: 10:58am On Jan 27
braveboi4life:

Try that with Obaseki, you and your father's house will be gone and you will be banished from the state and nothing will happen
You dey compare Edo politics to rivers politics now! Don't just talk on this bro!

1 Like

Re: Samuel Nwanosike Apologises For Calling Fubara A "Foolish Governor" by Umuinyioku: 11:00am On Jan 27
braveboi4life:

True Talk. No be lie!

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Samuel Nwanosike Apologises For Calling Fubara A "Foolish Governor" by PROUDIGBO(m): 11:01am On Jan 27
braveboi4life:

Hehehehehe grin grin grin
Re: Samuel Nwanosike Apologises For Calling Fubara A "Foolish Governor" by adebayo201: 11:01am On Jan 27
Badgers14:
He should apologize to the person he offended..

Apologizing to Nigerians ke?

He just tendered an apology for the sake of tendering an apology..

He called a governor foolish abi? If he felt remorseful, he should apologize to the governor first, then others

His apology ain't from heart as well. He said it's because Wike called him to order hence he won't have apologized.

Mhen... Fubara dey try.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Samuel Nwanosike Apologises For Calling Fubara A "Foolish Governor" by Mokason288(m): 11:01am On Jan 27
grin

1 Like

Re: Samuel Nwanosike Apologises For Calling Fubara A "Foolish Governor" by udemzyudex(m): 11:02am On Jan 27
DarkPheonix:
Sim is a dummy, if not he should've dealt with this so called chairman.
Can a chairman say this wike when he was a governor?

Chill, do you know what's in the store for him?
You expect sim to quickly arrest him so people will talk?

Naa.. Na who sh*t dey forget, who match am no dey forget.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Samuel Nwanosike Apologises For Calling Fubara A "Foolish Governor" by Dididrumz(m): 11:02am On Jan 27
Wike has destroyed Rivers state.

See how na LGA chairman insulted the governor of his state, all because of Wike.

8 Likes

Re: Samuel Nwanosike Apologises For Calling Fubara A "Foolish Governor" by omenka1: 11:03am On Jan 27
cool
Re: Samuel Nwanosike Apologises For Calling Fubara A "Foolish Governor" by Anguldi(m): 11:03am On Jan 27
Fubara will be impeached in no time .

Handwriting clearly on the wall

1 Like

Re: Samuel Nwanosike Apologises For Calling Fubara A "Foolish Governor" by DarkPheonix: 11:04am On Jan 27
udemzyudex:

Chill, do you know what's in the store for him?
You expect sim to quickly arrest him so people will talk?

Naa.. Na who sh*t dey forget, who match am no dey forget.
I hope Sim cook something he will never forget for him.

1 Like

Re: Samuel Nwanosike Apologises For Calling Fubara A "Foolish Governor" by englishmart(m): 11:04am On Jan 27
Fubara is the de facto governor of Rivers state.
Re: Samuel Nwanosike Apologises For Calling Fubara A "Foolish Governor" by ImoleNaija: 11:04am On Jan 27
Re: Samuel Nwanosike Apologises For Calling Fubara A "Foolish Governor" by CatchMeIfUCanMO: 11:05am On Jan 27
I don't have any interest in River state's politics but something is strongly telling me that Fubara's silence is not ordinary.

He is probably planning on something strong and ev il(because e go touch some people, even though they deserve it).

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Samuel Nwanosike Apologises For Calling Fubara A "Foolish Governor" by BondRiv: 11:06am On Jan 27
braveboi4life:

The infamous governor Obaseki, the hypocrite. He can only get away with his actions with docile people. Same man now wants to be a godfather. If you want lawlessness, try it.

3 Likes

Re: Samuel Nwanosike Apologises For Calling Fubara A "Foolish Governor" by tishbite43: 11:07am On Jan 27
Wahala

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Amaechi: "I Was Broke, My Friend Gave N200m After I Prayed, Fasted For 3 Months" / "Why I Visited Obasanjo" - Bukola Saraki / Accidental Discharge Kills 2 Soldiers During Training

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.