Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,948 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:49 AM

Adesina Reveals Buhari’s Response To Tinubu’s ‘emi Lokan’ Speech - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adesina Reveals Buhari’s Response To Tinubu’s ‘emi Lokan’ Speech (32584 Views)

Festus Keyamo Reacts To Melaye's "Emi Lokan" Mockery Dance / 2023: It’s Wrong To Say ‘Emi Lokan’ – Obasanjo Drags Tinubu / Shooting In Aso Rock: PDP Raises Alarm, Demands President Buhari's Response (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adesina Reveals Buhari’s Response To Tinubu’s ‘emi Lokan’ Speech by Islie: 5:12pm On Jan 22
Femi Adesina, former media aide to ex-President Muhammadu Buhari, has shared intriguing details about President Buhari’s response upon learning about Bola Tinubu’s ‘Emi Lokan’ speech.

The revelation comes from Adesina’s account in his new book, “Working with Buhari: Reflections of A Special Adviser, Media and Publicity (2015-2023).”

In June 2022, Bola Tinubu, then the presidential aspirant of the All Progressives Congress (APC), made headlines with the ‘Emi Lokan’ remark during a meeting with APC delegates in Ogun State. Translated as “it is my turn” in Yoruba, Tinubu asserted that without him, Buhari wouldn’t have won the 2015 presidential election.

Adesina disclosed that when Tinubu made these statements, President Buhari was not in the country; they were in Spain for an event. Concerned about varied interpretations reaching the President, Adesina and other aides decided to brief Buhari during their return flight to Nigeria.

Sharing the moment of revelation, Adesina stated, “The visit concluded, and we were to return home on Friday, June 3, when the social media exploded with reports from Nigeria, of comments made at a public event in Abeokuta, Ogun State, by Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, the APC National Leader and an aspirant for President in the forthcoming party primary.

Asiwaju Tinubu said many things, but what touched on President Buhari directly was that without him (Asiwaju), Buhari would never have been President, and that it was now his own turn to rule. Emilokan, my turn, in Yoruba language.

“We the principal aides of the President were in a dilemma on how to brief the President on what had happened, as it would not be right for him to get to Nigeria and be reading different versions and interpretations of what happened, which may be right or wrong.

“Myself, Ambassador Kazaure, (SCOP), Chief Security Officer to the President, Idris Ahmed Kasim, Mohammed Sarki Abba, Dr. Suhayb Rafindadi, Col. Yusuf Dodo, the Aide-De-Camp, and Tunde Sabiu, Special Assistant, put heads together, and decided that I should brief the President when we were airborne to Abuja. The motive was so that he would not get varied and possibly distorted versions.

“Few minutes into the flight, I approached the President and said I needed to bring him up to speed on something major that had happened back home.”

President Buhari’s response was one of quiet contemplation. Adesina continued, “Ever a willing listener, the President told me to go ahead. I did a summary of the Emilokan speech, and when I ended, the President ruminated for some moments and responded: ‘Asiwaju said all that? Thank you for coming to brief me."

The ‘Emi Lokan’ speech had sparked various interpretations and discussions on social media. To address the unfolding narrative, Tinubu’s campaign team felt a clarification was necessary, asserting that the aspirant wasn’t deriding the President in any way.

Upon their return to Nigeria on June 3, 2022, President Buhari held a meeting with all APC presidential aspirants at the State House on June 4.

Adesina noted that the ‘Emi Lokan’ reference was palpable, but President Buhari avoided mentioning it explicitly. Instead, he encouraged aspirants to consult and build a consensus to produce a formidable candidate.

Next day, June 4, President Buhari held a scheduled meeting with all APC presidential aspirants at the Villa. Emilokan hung thick in the air, but trust the President, not a word of it was mentioned.

“He only appealed to the aspirants to consult among themselves, build a consensus, and produce a formidable candidate who could win an election for the party,” Adesina added.

https://leadership.ng/adesina-reveals-buharis-response-to-tinubus-emi-lokan-speech/

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adesina Reveals Buhari’s Response To Tinubu’s ‘emi Lokan’ Speech by Oloki: 5:18pm On Jan 22
[quote author=Islie post=128069468]

https://leadership.ng/adesina-reveals-buharis-response-to-tinubus-emi-lokan-speech/

What are we to do with that reply? I don't know what or why this guy wouldn't rest. We had eight years of listening to you. Pls spare us your unwanted attention.

We have enough to deal with as it is.

77 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Adesina Reveals Buhari’s Response To Tinubu’s ‘emi Lokan’ Speech by Wisereborn: 5:21pm On Jan 22
Islie:

the President ruminated for some moments and responded: ‘Asiwaju said all that? Thank you for coming to brief me.'”

“Next day, June 4, President Buhari held a scheduled meeting with all APC presidential aspirants at the Villa. Emilokan hung thick in the air, but trust the President, not a word of it was mentioned.

Nlfpmod
Femi Adesina turned journalism into a joke grin grin

You are reporting 'emi lokan' grin grin as if you guys are still campaigning undecided the same party members for that matter

It's no wonder, you guys didn't do well, you made trivia things the bone of contention undecided

Like Mohammed busy discussing jollof rice upandan

And these are the people who will be abusing governor Adeleke upandan undecided

Many of you were planted by Tinubu but we don't care because Buhari performed woefully and Tinubu is trying to break his record undecided

Bunch of losers

69 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Adesina Reveals Buhari’s Response To Tinubu’s ‘emi Lokan’ Speech by seunmsg(m): 5:22pm On Jan 22
Whatever. He has proven to everyone that the "Emi Lokan" claim wasn't a misplaced claim as he is now the president. Whoever is not happy about it can use the lagoon.

98 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Adesina Reveals Buhari’s Response To Tinubu’s ‘emi Lokan’ Speech by Niccoloimhotep: 5:22pm On Jan 22
grin ; cheesy grin
grin

If you know what’s good for you, never keep any secret with Femi.
What manner of man is this? shocked

Weyrey just dey sing like FFK, seems all Femi na parrot 🦜

shocked

Town crier cheesy

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Adesina Reveals Buhari’s Response To Tinubu’s ‘emi Lokan’ Speech by Rexymania(m): 5:37pm On Jan 22
Arobaga:
This one is just revealing wetin people no send him papa

Uselsss idiots

The mumu they form first class citizen. Baboon

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Adesina Reveals Buhari’s Response To Tinubu’s ‘emi Lokan’ Speech by chisupport: 6:39pm On Jan 22
African leaders are so dull.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adesina Reveals Buhari’s Response To Tinubu’s ‘emi Lokan’ Speech by tutudesz: 7:38pm On Jan 22
undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adesina Reveals Buhari’s Response To Tinubu’s ‘emi Lokan’ Speech by munavi: 7:56pm On Jan 22
This episode of Buhari said is proudly brought to you by Femi Adesina.

Join us tomorrow for more mind boggling revelations.

9 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Adesina Reveals Buhari’s Response To Tinubu’s ‘emi Lokan’ Speech by omoadeleye(m): 7:56pm On Jan 22
Una sha promoting this book by fire by force

3 Likes

Re: Adesina Reveals Buhari’s Response To Tinubu’s ‘emi Lokan’ Speech by LEARNPYTHON(m): 7:57pm On Jan 22
Re: Adesina Reveals Buhari’s Response To Tinubu’s ‘emi Lokan’ Speech by tunjijones(m): 7:57pm On Jan 22
This man na real mumu. So you want to reveal all the secrets.. can't you just shut up?

We don't need the details.. shove it up Ur a.z.z

13 Likes

Re: Adesina Reveals Buhari’s Response To Tinubu’s ‘emi Lokan’ Speech by chidiakwari: 7:57pm On Jan 22
Asking a senile blood thirsty draconian for his thoughts shows that Adesina is indeed a complete idi./ot

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adesina Reveals Buhari’s Response To Tinubu’s ‘emi Lokan’ Speech by seunlayi(m): 7:57pm On Jan 22
Awon wayray. How is this News in today's Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Adesina Reveals Buhari’s Response To Tinubu’s ‘emi Lokan’ Speech by Chibuzoripob: 7:58pm On Jan 22
cool thank u baba DAURA.If nah one crase man,he for cancel the whole thing.Emefiele really flogged us with horse whip for that him Naira redesign. Come see how we dey waka abouts from 1AM daily to register/collect tally from one bank to another. Shout out to FCMB,WEMA,GTB,FBNand FIDELITY. Dey really tried

6 Likes

Re: Adesina Reveals Buhari’s Response To Tinubu’s ‘emi Lokan’ Speech by adesegun121(m): 7:58pm On Jan 22
Enough of this buhari jare grin grin

Awon Ojelu

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adesina Reveals Buhari’s Response To Tinubu’s ‘emi Lokan’ Speech by illicit(m): 7:58pm On Jan 22
JAGABAN BORGU

The man that knows his onions

💪

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adesina Reveals Buhari’s Response To Tinubu’s ‘emi Lokan’ Speech by Emyogalanya: 7:59pm On Jan 22
This simply Breeds emperors
Re: Adesina Reveals Buhari’s Response To Tinubu’s ‘emi Lokan’ Speech by Akwamkpuruamu: 7:59pm On Jan 22
Enough of this his useless book gracing the front page. No be by force to buy a useless piece of thrash on a good for nothing Buhari

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adesina Reveals Buhari’s Response To Tinubu’s ‘emi Lokan’ Speech by Timblaze(m): 7:59pm On Jan 22
And than🙄
Re: Adesina Reveals Buhari’s Response To Tinubu’s ‘emi Lokan’ Speech by Shedrack777: 7:59pm On Jan 22
Who go summarise am abeg
Re: Adesina Reveals Buhari’s Response To Tinubu’s ‘emi Lokan’ Speech by Dpharisee: 7:59pm On Jan 22
Even APC members are not reading that thing and you expect me to read it

7 Likes

Re: Adesina Reveals Buhari’s Response To Tinubu’s ‘emi Lokan’ Speech by greenermodels: 8:00pm On Jan 22
No matter how much you promote the book on Nairaland frontpage,we would not buy it.

2 Likes

Re: Adesina Reveals Buhari’s Response To Tinubu’s ‘emi Lokan’ Speech by peterboro: 8:02pm On Jan 22
WHAT'S ALL THIS ABOUT,"A FAILED PERSON!

He relegated Nigeria to the list amateur division. useless man with empty skull.

NATURALLY HE HAS NOTHING TO OFFER. I always know that.

What's the essence of this book of this distraction?. just to cash out from him by deceiving him. Rubbish!

WHAT POSITIVE ADVICE CAN BUHARI GIVE EVEN A LITTLE CHILD? He always has nothing to offer.
Re: Adesina Reveals Buhari’s Response To Tinubu’s ‘emi Lokan’ Speech by nairavsdollars(f): 8:02pm On Jan 22
Nothing sensible in the book..Adesina just wrote it to cash out and get retirement bonus

2 Likes

Re: Adesina Reveals Buhari’s Response To Tinubu’s ‘emi Lokan’ Speech by usagee36: 8:03pm On Jan 22
🐄 🐐
Re: Adesina Reveals Buhari’s Response To Tinubu’s ‘emi Lokan’ Speech by nairavsdollars(f): 8:03pm On Jan 22
I tell you...nonsense book
Arobaga:
This one is just revealing wetin people no send him papa

Uselsss idiots

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Binance Executive, Nadeem Anjarwalla Escapes From Custody In Nigeria / Shettima Donates Utility Vehicles To Army - Photos / I Am Pleased I Am Back, I Am Feeling Much Better Now. - President Buhari (Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.