Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,294 members, 7,836,289 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:05 AM

Nabeeha’s Father: How Bandits Got Access To My Daughters - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nabeeha’s Father: How Bandits Got Access To My Daughters (38427 Views)

How Army Rescued Nabeeha & Ariyo's Sisters From Kidnappers In Abuja (Photos) / The Story Of Nabeeha Al-Kadriyar: How Kidnappers Killed Her / ‘I Started Sleeping With My Daughters Because My Wife Died’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nabeeha’s Father: How Bandits Got Access To My Daughters by omoredia: 5:38am On Jan 23
Babathanks:

Do you think a Yoruba man would work with bandit or bokoharam because of power?. Have you ever see a bokoharam Yoruba man or a isik Yoruba man even though we have high percentage of Muslims?. Have your ever heard we kill each other because of religious war before or we kill other tribes because of religious violence before?. Lagos that have AGbero is the most secure state in Nigeria. Bandit was cause by other guys that love power not us. Your tribe are trooping in to lagos every night because of work but we never complain even though we know that you hate us

Trooping? Lagos was made by niger-delta money if not it would still be like ekiti. Its just like saying people are tropping to abuja? What do u expect? Its the federal capital. Educate urself
Re: Nabeeha’s Father: How Bandits Got Access To My Daughters by Fujiyama: 5:47am On Jan 23
Hotzone:
See as police responded and died while rescuing kidnapped victims but lost themselves

Civilians don’t appreciate the efforts of our security agencies and the sacrifice they pay each day under minimum wage

^^^
Starting a 'civilians versus security agents' duel isn't necessary or prudent right now.
Re: Nabeeha’s Father: How Bandits Got Access To My Daughters by ddippset(m): 6:31am On Jan 23
Brendaniel:

I tried to ignore this your comment, I tried but I just have to reply you, the guy's comment was quite insensitive but most of yours does not make sense too(Sorry to say), I'm going to highlight each of them....

This your statement is very wrong, if only you know the rot in the system that is enabled by the present and recently past government in the security architecture of this country, you will know that your statement is completely wrong, the government is not sincere about the fight on terrorsim, the military leaders have all turned insecurity in Nigeria to blood money, I don't want to talk much here, but the evidence is in various probes of top military generals with unexplained wealth...

Listen to yourself, if Tinubu reads this comment here, he will feel relaxed that "oh the people even feel comfortable that no human being can do better than him"

The question I ask people like you is, if nobody can solve Nigeria's problems or if we accept that each successive leader or administration will be worse than the previous one, then why do we have a country in the first place? Why do we have a government? Why are we doing elections?

If the country will never get better regardless of who we vote, then why do we have country?

This is like a company that constantly makes loss regardless of who heads it, the best thing is to shut it down...

So if you claim nobody would do better than Tinubu, then you are saying Tinubu is smartest person we have in Nigeria? this is like saying because Tinubu failed an exam then nobody else can pass it even when you have not even tried them and judge them based on Tinubu' s performance....

Though the guy's statement was quite insensitive but this your statement here no be am at all, you are saying sympathize and move on without calling out the government, then everybody should sympathize and move on and wait for the next victims to sympathize with, then why do we have a government?

What is the primary purpose of having a government? To just claim we have a government? The difference between most developed countries and countries like ours is that the people there hold their government accountable for everything the government is supposed to do for them.

Look at southern Kaduna, Plateau and so on, indirectly the government keeps telling them to count their losses and move on, each time people are killed they only release press statement and call for calm and that is where it ends,i.e we sympathize with you, please just count your loss and move till the next one happens again and the cycle continues...

I don't want to go into the election matter now, the elections are over but the consequences of the election are not over and might last for the next 4 or 8 years, so if you see any person angry about the election don't just blame him, he is feeling the consequences of the election and might feel it for the next 4 or 8 years.

I'm not justifying the guy's comment(his choice of words were not ok) but most part of your reply did not just make sense( the ones I highlighted, very sorry to say).

Thanks for your input but I insist that my comment is completely in order, except that you might have misconstrued or misunderstood my comment.

1. "We do not have the capacity to contain a determined armed struggle NOW AND IN THE NEAR FUTURE."
Key words are "Now", "Near future"

Our armed forces are gravely understaffed and underpaid,, and considering there is no political will to introduce state or community policing.
Even if Tinubu decides to get to work on them immediately, it will take some time to address these issues totally. Not in 2024, not in 2025. This is what I mean by, not now and not in the near future.

2. "There is NO GUARANTEE that it would not have happened with Obi or Atiku.
Again, key words being "NO GUARANTEE"

Obi and Atiku would likely not have solved the problems with the police and military within 7 months in power. Not likely.
Except if you grossly underestimate the problem.
Saying no guarantee does not mean they couldn't have done better, it simply means there is no guarantee because SOMETIMES IT IS MUCH EASIER TO BE A PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE THAN TO BE A PRESIDENT.
So you never know what the man would do until he sits there.
So again you misunderstood my language.

3. "Just sympathize and move on."

The guy I responded to was not ready to condemn the government or proffer solutions.
All he was ready to do was curse people for voting for Tinubu.
I didn't vote Tinubu, I don't like him and I am one of his biggest critics.
But that doesn't mean that such unfortunate incident becomes an avenue to curse Tinubu or his supporters or play politics to front your preferred candidate.

It's an avenue to sympathize, to pray for the victims(if you believe in prayers) and to proffer solutions.
Or even criticize the government genuinely.
Re: Nabeeha’s Father: How Bandits Got Access To My Daughters by nedekid: 7:06am On Jan 23
tete7000:

Imagine the police driving in with their lights on.
Bros, that is part of policing strategy worldwide. In such emergency where there are many unknowns, people being attacked, you land with sirens blazing. The intention is to cause panic and fleeing by the assailants, in which case the victims are free as the attack is abandoned.
Note that it was not known to the police that is was an attack by Boko Haram now called bandits, kidnappers etc
Re: Nabeeha’s Father: How Bandits Got Access To My Daughters by naturefellow(m): 7:15am On Jan 23
Eriggs:
say AMEN or keep shut.
Hypocrite. Afraid catch am
Fear, not afraid undecided
Basic English should be your priority this year. Not trolling.
Re: Nabeeha’s Father: How Bandits Got Access To My Daughters by tete7000(m): 8:19am On Jan 23
nedekid:

Bros, that is part of policing strategy worldwide. In such emergency where there are many unknowns, people being attacked, you land with sirens blazing. The intention is to cause panic and fleeing by the assailants, in which case the victims are free as the attack is abandoned.
Note that it was not known to the police that is was an attack by Boko Haram now called bandits, kidnappers etc

Uhmm!, but doesn't that put the police themselves at risk allowing the criminals to lay in wait to ambush them?
Re: Nabeeha’s Father: How Bandits Got Access To My Daughters by Brendaniel: 8:46am On Jan 23
ddippset:
Thanks for your input but I insist that my comment is completely in order, except that you might have misconstrued or misunderstood my comment.

1. "We do not have the capacity to contain a determined armed struggle NOW AND IN THE NEAR FUTURE."
Key words are "Now", "Near future"

Our armed forces are gravely understaffed and underpaid,, and considering there is no political will to introduce state or community policing.
Even if Tinubu decides to get to work on them immediately, it will take some time to address these issues totally. Not in 2024, not in 2025. This is what I mean by, not now and not in the near future.

2. "There is NO GUARANTEE that it would not have happened with Obi or Atiku.
Again, key words being "NO GUARANTEE"

Obi and Atiku would likely not have solved the problems with the police and military within 7 months in power. Not likely.
Except if you grossly underestimate the problem.
Saying no guarantee does not mean they couldn't have done better, it simply means there is no guarantee because SOMETIMES IT IS MUCH EASIER TO BE A PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE THAN TO BE A PRESIDENT.
So you never know what the man would do until he sits there.
So again you misunderstood my language.

3. "Just sympathize and move on."

The guy I responded to was not ready to condemn the government or proffer solutions.
All he was ready to do was curse people for voting for Tinubu.
I didn't vote Tinubu, I don't like him and I am one of his biggest critics.
But that doesn't mean that such unfortunate incident becomes an avenue to curse Tinubu or his supporters or play politics to front your preferred candidate.

It's an avenue to sympathize, to pray for the victims(if you believe in prayers) and to proffer solutions.
Or even criticize the government genuinely.

My whole take on insecurity in Nigeria is that the government is not sincere with the fight against it, to me it has little or nothing to do with not being able to fight insecurity, since 2012, the more money they put into fighting insecurity the more insecurity has gotten worse, doesn't that tell you something is wrong with the fight...

This is still what makes me like Abacha's government regardless of his looting which other governments are also guilty of, within 6 months any serious government will start showing improvement in security, but Tinubu's own is getting worse.

If more budget to fight insecurity equals more insecurity then something is wrong with that system to fight, this is where the president is supposed to act like a real leader which Tinubu is not doing.

I just imagine if it was Abacha that was in charge, some generals would have been put on firing squad first for sabotage, there is no how insecurity will thrive in Nigeria without sabotage from the same military.

How can I appoint you as a military chief and in six months the situation is not getting better or even getting worse, I will sack you and arrest you immediately for investigation, it means something is wrong, and if you are found guilty by the panel, the military law will takes its full course on you....

The problem I just see here is everything is politicized, from appointment to handling of everything, to me I see the whole of them plus the president as jokers....

Look at all the happenings going on, no sack, no query, no accountability, everybody is just relaxed like they are fully aware that nothing is going to happen to them, no investigation on why such things are happening....

Each time I read such they make me miss Abacha, any serious government will not let things get worse under their watch, I am not saying a president will eradicate everything in 6 months but people will begin to see improvement which is not happening yet under Tinubu instead it is getting worse....

I see all of them as pure jokers, I was expecting Tinubu to first start from investigation of Buhari's whole 8,years of how the military spent money on the operations against insecurity and arrest whoever is found wanting to have sabotaged the system both retired and serving, and start cleaning up the system which he did not do and is not doing and doesn't look like he is ready to do.

That would have sent a very strong signal to the system, they've turned it to blood money, the military gets one of the biggest budgets in Nigeria, in fact our military budget is bigger than almost half of all the west African countries put together yet we don't hear such news from most west African countries...

The military guys know as long as there is insecurity there will be big budget for them to steal and go Scott free....

1 Like

Re: Nabeeha’s Father: How Bandits Got Access To My Daughters by nedekid: 9:13am On Jan 23
tete7000:

Uhmm!, but doesn't that put the police themselves at risk allowing the criminals to lay in wait to ambush them?
Most ordinary criminals will abandon their evil mission and flee on hearing sirens. But in this case, those bandits were not ordinary, they are full combatants, some alledge they are even Boko Haram. Heavily armed enough to take on and overwhelming the police, people known to battle with the army.
Re: Nabeeha’s Father: How Bandits Got Access To My Daughters by zoomzoom(m): 9:19am On Jan 23
[quote author=ddippset post=128071179] Totally unnecessary right now.

This is a very very very sad story,, such could have happened to anybody including those who supported Obi, Atiku or any other aspirant.

Nigeria's, security issues are so deep that we do not have the capacity to confront any determined armed struggle now, and in the near future.

So there is no guarantee that such wouldn't have happened in an Obi or an Atiku presidency.

So just sympathize and move the hell on.

I have a daughter and I don't think I would survive it if anything like this ever happened to her.

I agree with you...but wouldn't it be BETTER if we had a MORE PURPOSEFUL AND BETTER MOTIVATED INTELLIGENT SECURITY than what was described as the action of our police on this occasion?.
It's mostly about POLICY ON POLICING...for example, you must agree that our police TRAINING MANUAL is as outdated as methuselah, and is ineffectual in combating present crimes and criminals.

There you have your answer!!...on WHAT may have been DIFFERENT if a PRESIDENT OBI and his TEAM were IN CHARGE!!

Firstly, what do you think he willdi to this abundant pool of potential criminal'recruits?.👇

1 Like

Re: Nabeeha’s Father: How Bandits Got Access To My Daughters by ddippset(m): 9:40am On Jan 23
[quote author=zoomzoom post=128080606][/quote]it's serious bro
Re: Nabeeha’s Father: How Bandits Got Access To My Daughters by Origin(f): 10:02am On Jan 24
Who was the policeman in charge of this investigation....

Did the police debrief the children when they returned to their family....

Where are forensics details of this crime ( sophistication of guns/ bullets in use, familiarity with the area etc.

It is the police that should have been interviewed to see the adequacy of our security forces. It's not only prayers we need but adequate technology and personnel to combat insecurity.
Re: Nabeeha’s Father: How Bandits Got Access To My Daughters by Kevineleven(m): 11:04am On Jan 24
jmoore:
The kidnappers are more intelligent than the police.

In this case the police needed quick backup, they were out numbered.
Re: Nabeeha’s Father: How Bandits Got Access To My Daughters by Abdelux223: 11:37am On Jan 25
GOFRONT:
BVN, NIN, HIV, NTA, DSS, NPF etc etc All na Scam........I dey my house coman beat me.

wereeeeeeereyyyy oooooooooooooo, go Bleep ashewo for a week, u go no say HIV is real
Re: Nabeeha’s Father: How Bandits Got Access To My Daughters by Thomthom(m): 11:48am On Jan 25
GOFRONT:
BVN, NIN, HIV, NTA, DSS, NPF etc etc All na Scam........I dey my house coman beat me.
No basterd go beat you bros.. you spoke the truth What is the BVN and NIN for
Re: Nabeeha’s Father: How Bandits Got Access To My Daughters by Thomthom(m): 11:53am On Jan 25
The man lost a Brother and his daughter.. May their souls rest in peace.. And for his late Brother, him supposed just point the house give police. Why did he follow police reach were the kidnapers dey..
Re: Nabeeha’s Father: How Bandits Got Access To My Daughters by BadBradley: 5:40pm On Jan 25
dre11:

https://dailytrust.com/nabeehas-father-how-bandits-got-access-to-my-daughters/
A civilian was leading the police in a actual, a tvie gun crime scene.

Will Nigeria police ever rise above oppressive and extorting non-criminal civilians?
Re: Nabeeha’s Father: How Bandits Got Access To My Daughters by Dshocker(m): 11:31am On Jan 26
The worst part is that they raped the girls, and i am sure that the girl that died, was as a result of rape.

Once northern kidnappers get hold of a woman, even if she is 100yrs old, they would still rape her, talk more of young beautiful girls.
Re: Nabeeha’s Father: How Bandits Got Access To My Daughters by Dshocker(m): 11:34am On Jan 26
tommy589:
Government is not ready to do the needful. The capacity to contain this crisis is beyond what government can handle and they know it.

Like it or not Nigerians would be call on to bear arms officially. But how many lives are they expecting to be lost before making the official pronouncement

If Nigerian bear arms, you won't be alive today
Re: Nabeeha’s Father: How Bandits Got Access To My Daughters by tommy589(m): 1:40pm On Jan 26
Dshocker:

If Nigerian bear arms, you won't be alive today

Are you the one to kill me or when you have arms to protect yourself,are you going to go about killing innocent people?
Re: Nabeeha’s Father: How Bandits Got Access To My Daughters by Dshocker(m): 11:34pm On Jan 26
tommy589:

Are you the one to kill me or when you have arms to protect yourself,are you going to go about killing innocent people?

If Nigerians bear arms, every 10mins, someone somewhere will be killed.

Crime rate will shoot up to 3000%

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sidechick Kills Pastor Brodes Perry After His Wife Let Her Inside Their Home / 36 Military Officers Killed In Niger State - DHQ / Nitin Sandesara Absconds To Nigeria With Family After £500,000,000 Fraud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.