Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,498 members, 7,812,536 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:57 PM

Insecurity: FCT Lacks Equipment To Track Criminals - Wike - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Insecurity: FCT Lacks Equipment To Track Criminals - Wike (14203 Views)

Insecurity: FCT Minister, Wike Meets Traditional Rulers / Pantami Accuses Security Agencies Of Not Using NIN-SIM Policy To Track Criminals / Insecurity: FCT Police Commissioner Orders Arrest Of Illegal Users Of Drones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Insecurity: FCT Lacks Equipment To Track Criminals - Wike by Evolutionism: 9:55pm On Jan 22
Take a look at his swollen red bag of eyesgrin

He don see shege. There is no peace for the wicked this time around.

The Dark Forces are on full throttle.

The more you gaze into the abyss, The abyss gaze back into you.
Re: Insecurity: FCT Lacks Equipment To Track Criminals - Wike by benjaminlawson(m): 9:58pm On Jan 22
I pity this country, how would a person in a position make things happen, will tell Nigerians that they lack equipment to track criminals, but the same man can budget 15 billions naira to build official residence for VP who is not even homeless in abuja. But cannot budget security equipment to tackle insecurity. God will judge all these rulers who are so selfish and less concern about the plight of ordinary Nigerians on the street.
Re: Insecurity: FCT Lacks Equipment To Track Criminals - Wike by blacknp(m): 10:07pm On Jan 22
benjaminlawson:
I pity this country, how would a person in a position make things happen, will tell Nigerians that they lack equipment to track criminals, but the same man can budget 15 billions naira to build official residence for VP who is not even homeless in abuja. But cannot budget security equipment to tackle insecurity. God will judge all these rulers who are so selfish and less concern about the plight of ordinary Nigerians on the street.
The irony is that you as a Nigerian is not any different from the so called Rulers you are purported wailing about.
Re: Insecurity: FCT Lacks Equipment To Track Criminals - Wike by Melagros(m): 10:24pm On Jan 22
LEARNPYTHON:
As long as there is hunger in the land, there's no way we can effectively tackle insecurity and criminality, whether or not the right equipment is available.
Sure
Re: Insecurity: FCT Lacks Equipment To Track Criminals - Wike by CannyBenson(m): 10:28pm On Jan 22
Wike and tasks force 5&6
Re: Insecurity: FCT Lacks Equipment To Track Criminals - Wike by ufuosman(m): 10:31pm On Jan 22
Chai country don finish
Re: Insecurity: FCT Lacks Equipment To Track Criminals - Wike by BondRiv: 10:31pm On Jan 22
Tochi3:
..looting format activated..

..wicked Wike style

Small-mindedness.
Re: Insecurity: FCT Lacks Equipment To Track Criminals - Wike by Countersam(m): 11:40pm On Jan 22
nairalandkachy1:

https://dailynigerian.com/insecurity-fct-lacks-equipment/

What happened to all the money budgeted for security surveillance cameras in Abuja? With the way technology has advanced especially in terms of security, I don't understand why the FCT doesn't have city wide coverage with CCTV cameras, linked directly to a live situation room in the Police HQ
Re: Insecurity: FCT Lacks Equipment To Track Criminals - Wike by ThaOwerriMan(m): 11:40pm On Jan 22
LEARNPYTHON:
As long as there is hunger in the land, there's no way we can effectively tackle insecurity and criminality, whether or not the right equipment is available.
You are right because the speed at which this kwantiri is plunging into poverty and corruption, bring the best tools from America and Russia it will still be sold. Akpamu kwantiri
Re: Insecurity: FCT Lacks Equipment To Track Criminals - Wike by Redhot0007: 12:30am On Jan 23
But you have the equipments to track whoever that make comments against you and your Apc members online. I watched with dismay the so called battle between the bandits and the soldiers. Untrained people could even do better. What stoped the soldiers from surrounding the bandits, capture or neutralize them? Everything looked like going to chase fowls away from eating the corns.

1 Like

Re: Insecurity: FCT Lacks Equipment To Track Criminals - Wike by Usmanovic95(m): 1:37am On Jan 23
How the Bleep as NIN been valuable to an average Nigerian.
Re: Insecurity: FCT Lacks Equipment To Track Criminals - Wike by pharmagba: 4:17am On Jan 23
jumper524:
Look at wike.
Objective and focused.
He's identified a major problem and has worked out a solution already.
He's already requested for those equipment the security agencies lack.
Meanwhile ireti and those house of rep are still bitter and political about the affairs of the security.
I watched her interview, rather than solution, political correctness was her priority..
The sole reason wike choose to work with former senator Philip aduda than her and her colleges in the lower chamber.
I saw that too.
Wike had moved ahead with the speed of light.
I think his experience as a governor of a volatile state as Rivers is handy, he has definitely seen it all in administration of state.
I have got to give it to Wike, he strike me a goal getter. The type suited for the Nigerian nation.
Tinubu indeed is a wise man, giving him the job of the FCT minister will be the best thing that will ever happen to FCT not the previous lame and docile minsters before him
Re: Insecurity: FCT Lacks Equipment To Track Criminals - Wike by Trophy12: 5:47am On Jan 23
But u can track someone outside Nigeria and bring him here , (nnamdi kanu) the ipod leader . Naija na joke
Re: Insecurity: FCT Lacks Equipment To Track Criminals - Wike by Fujiyama: 6:06am On Jan 23
stagger:
All those motorcycles the FCT has been crushing for the past several years could have been retrofitted for policing in areas where cars cannot get to.

^^^
You have a point.
Re: Insecurity: FCT Lacks Equipment To Track Criminals - Wike by Fujiyama: 6:28am On Jan 23
sslcrypt:
Elements of the military works within the core outwards such as the DIAs subcomponents that can't be mentioned here.

^^^
grin

sslcrypt:
I can go into core operations that literally makes Abuja impenetrable. The structure of the security apparatus is like a turtle shell with the structure designed like a maze.

^^^
undecided

There are countries with far more developed, far more robust security architectures - and they generally refrain from the hubris of describing their set up as 'impenetrable'. They know there is always a chink in the armour - and finding those chinks, fixing them, discovering new ones and fixing them promptly etc. is a continuous process. It never ends. Eternal vigilance indeed.

This is the same Abuja that was rocked to its very foundations by serial bomb blasts just a few years ago. undecided The Police HQ was bombed and there were casualties. Nyanya transport terminal on the outskirts also suffered the same fate. It is a quite a stretch to call the capital city in a 5th world country 'impenetrable'. How?
Re: Insecurity: FCT Lacks Equipment To Track Criminals - Wike by Iamanoited: 7:01am On Jan 23
INSTALL CCT CAMERAS EVERYWHERE IN FCT. YOU ARE CAPABLE. THAT'S WHY WE PUT YOU THERE.
Re: Insecurity: FCT Lacks Equipment To Track Criminals - Wike by gabbytabby: 7:05am On Jan 23
9ja people na to sit down fold hand for make things happen.

May God help us with how some people think.

Tochi3:
..looting format activated..

..wicked Wike style
Re: Insecurity: FCT Lacks Equipment To Track Criminals - Wike by lhurd: 7:19am On Jan 23
nairalandkachy1:

https://dailynigerian.com/insecurity-fct-lacks-equipment/
What security Agency is wike talking about abeg. Are the ONSA, Force HQ, NA HQ, Defence HQ, DMI, not part of the security forces of Nigeria again? Are they not based in Abuja? This looks like a format to loot massively again o. What is all this nonsense nah. They swear for Nigeria? They swear for our politician's? Why won't they ever do anything meaningful asides looting billions? What kind of country is this for goodness sake?
Re: Insecurity: FCT Lacks Equipment To Track Criminals - Wike by Pinicop(m): 7:50am On Jan 23
So the FCT administration doesn't have security-supportive equipment or the funds/resources to acquire the much-needed tools and gadgets, but it has equipment for demolition?

Bullshit
Re: Insecurity: FCT Lacks Equipment To Track Criminals - Wike by sslcrypt: 8:18am On Jan 23
Fujiyama:

^^^
grin

^^^
undecided

There are countries with far more developed, far more robust security architectures - and they generally refrain from the hubris of describing their set up as 'impenetrable'. They know there is always a chink in the armour - and finding those chinks, fixing them, discovering new ones and fixing them promptly etc. is a continuous process. It never ends. Eternal vigilance indeed.

This is the same Abuja that was rocked to its very foundations by serial bomb blasts just a few years ago. undecided The Police HQ was bombed and there were casualties. Nyanya transport terminal on the outskirts also suffered the same fate. It is a quite a stretch to call the capital city in a 5th world country 'impenetrable'. How?

You must understand majority of African countries are not as advanced as their western counterparts when it comes to security.
Typically African nations utilize the turtle shell concept. Those penetration came as a result of negligence, in the sense that the military era ending created a vacuum.
Boko Haram took advantage of this, remember obasanjo tho a civilian ruler he utilized a military approach to security. It's why majority of issues then were mostly militants in niger delta.
The coming in of Jonathan paved way for the terror group to give it a shot. Terror groups are not disorganized as the news portrays them. They also weigh and test the will power of any government, the response of any government is what they use to either continue or discontinue.
Even America was caught lacking during 9/11, after which the department of homeland security was created.
Re: Insecurity: FCT Lacks Equipment To Track Criminals - Wike by sslcrypt: 8:25am On Jan 23
Also you must understand that operations concepts and tradecrafts must be updated at a very fast pace. Because nations are always trying to subvert others for personal gain. There was a time Iran was very active in Nigeria and was dismantled to a very large extent. It's why most of you don't understand why al zakzi must be contained, because the same thing Iran created in Lebanon (Hezbollah), Yemen(houtish) and Palestine(Hamas) is what they wanted to do in Nigeria.
Re: Insecurity: FCT Lacks Equipment To Track Criminals - Wike by Fujiyama: 8:55am On Jan 23
sslcrypt:
Typically African nations utilize the turtle shell concept. Those penetration came as a result of negligence, in the sense that the military era ending created a vacuum.

^^^
That's precisely my point.

If the shell can be penetrated (the cause - negligence or whatever, it doesn't matter) then the shell isn't impenetrable. And I suspect this is the calculus of this evil alliance of boko terrorists, rogue herders etc. It is not a coincidence that they are concentrating on Niger State, Kogi State, Kaduna State etc. Their goal is to surround the FCT tortoise and smash its shell to pieces. The problem for us all is that instead of snapping hard at its assailants, the turtle has retracted its head and gone to sleep. undecided

The problem will not go away.

sslcrypt:
Terror groups are not disorganized as the news portrays them. They also weigh and test the will power of any government, the response of any government is what they use to either continue or discontinue.

^^^
There is nothing more to add.
Re: Insecurity: FCT Lacks Equipment To Track Criminals - Wike by Jlow2: 8:58am On Jan 23
Another avenue to loot, after tukano jets , things even got worse, terrorists and bandits re on TikTok and Facebook showing off, and Nigerian securities re on the highway extorting innocent citizens
Re: Insecurity: FCT Lacks Equipment To Track Criminals - Wike by sslcrypt: 10:06am On Jan 23
Fujiyama:

^^^
That's precisely my point.

If the shell can be penetrated (the cause - negligence or whatever, it doesn't matter) then the shell isn't impenetrable. And I suspect this is the calculus of this evil alliance of boko terrorists, rogue herders etc. It is not a coincidence that they are concentrating on Niger State, Kogi State, Kaduna State etc. Their goal is to surround the FCT tortoise and smash its shell to pieces. The problem for us all is that instead of snapping hard at its assailants, the turtle has retracted its head and gone to sleep. undecided

The problem will not go away.

^^^
There is nothing more to add.

Your angle is one of several theories no doubt and I can assure you the shell will hold. One major crippling issue is the presence of 5th columns in the rank and files of the entire security architecture but zero acknowledgement of its existence.
Re: Insecurity: FCT Lacks Equipment To Track Criminals - Wike by staneless(m): 12:32pm On Jan 23
Wike is just looking for means to start looting. Next thing now he will demand for money to buy these equipments. Nonsense!
Re: Insecurity: FCT Lacks Equipment To Track Criminals - Wike by Fujiyama: 2:12pm On Jan 23
sslcrypt:
Your angle is one of several theories no doubt and I can assure you the shell will hold.

^^^
Ok.

I hope to God that your prediction comes true instead of mine. I sincerely do. However, I cannot ignore the evidence before me and I am doing my very best...to prepare for the worst.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Racist British Woman Captured On Videotape / US:BOKO HARAM IS BEING USED BY BOTH NORTH AND SOUTH, CHRISTIANS AND MUSLIMS / Sanwo-Olu Commissions 150 Classroom Blocks, 1,386-Bed Hostels In 15 Schools

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.