Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,078 members, 7,835,639 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:49 PM

''You Are A Disgrace!'' Ghanaian Journalists Boo Black Stars - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / ''You Are A Disgrace!'' Ghanaian Journalists Boo Black Stars (20320 Views)

Who Replaces Ndidi For Black Stars Clash? / Nigeria Vs Ghana: Why Black Stars Will Defeat Super Eagles – Bortey / American Fans Boo Players Who Took A Knee During Anthem Before MLS Match (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ''You Are A Disgrace!'' Ghanaian Journalists Boo Black Stars by BreconHills(m): 10:31am On Jan 23
DrTee1:

You sabi. You get brain.
We should add you to our forum.

Let's hope it continues to go well.
However, I would have wished we tried another tactic yesterday, especially in the second half when CIV were losing badly.

A 4-4-2 with Ihaenacho as SS may have been tested for efficiency so that we are not completely understood and planned for in our knockout games with no alternative formation.

Algeria did it in Cairo at AFCON 2019.
Tunisia did it in Cameroon at AFCON 2021.

Something is wrong with Chukwueze's efficiency. Aribo is off. Is Moses Simon fading? Take Iwobi out, as it is, and we are dead - just like the last AFCON...

Championship winning sides must not be so predictable. Opponents would easily plan for them. Right now, it is man-mark Chukwueze/Moses or defend deep, which is something Nigeria is neutralizing by playing on the counter and gifting possession anyway. I am beginning to love Pesiero and Finidi for that tactic.

Lastly, in my opinion, Senegal isn't Africa's best team, not the ones that play with such African bravado and flair that Harry Kane & co dispatched 3-0 at the World Cup with ease... However, the Senegalese and Moroccans - who play more like Europeans in tactic and style - are possibly the best organised African teams at the moment.

Fully agree with all your observations. All Nigerians used to the fluid attack based style of prior years will be horrified at the way we are playing but I think this coach is pragmatic and realistic.

You have to play within the limits of your players capacity. You can't make a donkey run like a horse! So what he is doing is to make Nigeria hard to beat. If we were taking our opportunities no one would care less about the style. EQG would have been 3-1 to us, CIV would have been 2-0 or 3-0 ( saw what EQG did yesterday using the same formation as Nigeria) and GB yesterday would have been maybe 4-1

Something is off with our wingers and even the big man himself. Iwobi speeded up the game yesterday but he is more of a ball carrier like ARS Smith Rowe. He was probably told not to ball carry to avoid turn over counter attacks. Defence is OK.

How I wish we would give this coach some time. But you know us.
Re: ''You Are A Disgrace!'' Ghanaian Journalists Boo Black Stars by Terrahawk: 10:33am On Jan 23
For heaven's sakes, it's only football, there are more important things in life. Get a fxxking grip.
Re: ''You Are A Disgrace!'' Ghanaian Journalists Boo Black Stars by profmallor: 10:34am On Jan 23
But the hosts themselves are out of AFCON
Re: ''You Are A Disgrace!'' Ghanaian Journalists Boo Black Stars by BreconHills(m): 10:35am On Jan 23
Jeje247:
Hehehe. Last AfCON, we had same struggle to pass the group stage and was thrown out by a Tunisian side that crawled in as best third placed team. The Tunisians crashed out in the next round, confirming that Nigeria was just a useless opponent. Nothing good can come from peseiro and pardew

Ok o

But if this guy is a mourinho disciple as people say - he will build from the back first. Its not his fault that we are creating chances and not finishing them off. EQ Guinea used our formation against CIV and caned them. We need to finish our chances then we can flag off the coach.

I respect your opinion though. Because all we can give is opinion.
Re: ''You Are A Disgrace!'' Ghanaian Journalists Boo Black Stars by Mrniceguy001: 10:44am On Jan 23
You see teams like Cape Verde, Equitorial guinea, Namibia — you could almost see the hunger when these guys Play ▶️ hardwork will beat talent when talent isn't ready to work hard.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ''You Are A Disgrace!'' Ghanaian Journalists Boo Black Stars by Jeje247: 11:18am On Jan 23
BreconHills:

Ok o

But if this guy is a mourinho disciple as people say - he will build from the back first. Its not his fault that we are creating chances and not finishing them off. EQ Guinea used our formation against CIV and caned them. We need to finish our chances then we can flag off the coach.

I respect your opinion though. Because all we can give is opinion.
The guy have not gotten any success as a coach. Don't think it will change. Same as Ghana coach, Chris Houghton.
Re: ''You Are A Disgrace!'' Ghanaian Journalists Boo Black Stars by Jeje247: 11:23am On Jan 23
THEGALADIMA:
My guy last AFCON we breezed through the group.
It was a shocker we lost to Tunisia.
Get your facts right.

I watched that AFCON. The results were flattering compared to the match performances. It wasn't surprising that we crashed out and Egypt went on to the final

Re: ''You Are A Disgrace!'' Ghanaian Journalists Boo Black Stars by Gangster1ms: 11:48am On Jan 23
LeeSmart:
How i wish dem go dey crash out in every tournament e go sweet my belle. Omor what these guys did to me my wife when went to their country for our honeymoon wasn't funny. E just make me no like every Ghanian
Wetin dem do? Make I learn abeg
Re: ''You Are A Disgrace!'' Ghanaian Journalists Boo Black Stars by aswani(m): 12:13pm On Jan 23
Topman7:
Ghanaians force Black Stars out of team bus to boo them after draw with Mozambique knocks them out!

As the players alighted from the bus, they were met by angry fans and journalists raining curses on them and booing them!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CF9Ts_-era8&ab_channel=TV3Ghana

Chineke me, I just saw the full version of that video, walahi talahi Ghana journalists no get any joy at all smiley.

Even dere hero Kudus collect wotowoto from dem. I hope he doesn't start feigning injury to avoid call ups.

The funniest part was one poor player was limping across the mixed zone, journalists no send at all jus dey blast am dey go cheesy.

Chai. grin

1 Like

Re: ''You Are A Disgrace!'' Ghanaian Journalists Boo Black Stars by Nigeriagood(m): 12:16pm On Jan 23
:Dthis guy ehn
JAMO84:
At least, Ghana fans didn't claim they won the match and was rigged out by the referees. I know someone who was humiliated to third place, but his watery brain supporters club are saying he won the match.
Re: ''You Are A Disgrace!'' Ghanaian Journalists Boo Black Stars by Redstorm(m): 12:27pm On Jan 23
Booing is a form of assault.

yommen:

They only booed the players. They didn't assault them.
Re: ''You Are A Disgrace!'' Ghanaian Journalists Boo Black Stars by godwon01(m): 12:28pm On Jan 23
Honestly, it was not their fault. The AFCON is becoming seriously difficult for all the big countries that has dominated the trophy winning in the last twenty years. Other small small countries in Africa are putting strong challenges to the big countries. Countries like Cape Verde, Equatorial Guinea are posing strong contention to the trophy. See countries like Equatorial Guinea beating ivory coast at their backyard with so much goals. Cape Verde drawing with mighty Egypt. Egypt didn't win a single match despite qualifying for the next round. Nobody can predict who will win the tournament.

1 Like

Re: ''You Are A Disgrace!'' Ghanaian Journalists Boo Black Stars by victorazy(m): 12:49pm On Jan 23
Rayd502:
The way and manner they crashed out is almost unforgiving. The fans will never forget in a hurry.

grin Then, what can you say to Cote'Vor
Re: ''You Are A Disgrace!'' Ghanaian Journalists Boo Black Stars by SamoraWarrior: 12:51pm On Jan 23
Benjaminy:

Actually, you need serious help, because its not normal to be spamming even football discussion thread with a bygone politics,and to worsen it, climaxing for the emergence of a government in which people now live in perpetual fear. You seriously need therapy

On a more serious note... You no get sense.
Re: ''You Are A Disgrace!'' Ghanaian Journalists Boo Black Stars by Salubata(m): 1:50pm On Jan 23
Wow.
Feel their pain cheesy
Maxtipulation:

it was recorded that they started vandalizing available vehicles around the stadium
Re: ''You Are A Disgrace!'' Ghanaian Journalists Boo Black Stars by DrTee1(m): 1:55pm On Jan 23
BreconHills:

Fully agree with all your observations. All Nigerians used to the fluid attack based style of prior years will be horrified at the way we are playing but I think this coach is pragmatic and realistic.

You have to play within the limits of your players capacity. You can't make a donkey run like a horse! So what he is doing is to make Nigeria hard to beat. If we were taking our opportunities no one would care less about the style. EQG would have been 3-1 to us, CIV would have been 2-0 or 3-0 ( saw what EQG did yesterday using the same formation as Nigeria) and GB yesterday would have been maybe 4-1

Something is off with our wingers and even the big man himself. Iwobi speeded up the game yesterday but he is more of a ball carrier like ARS Smith Rowe. He was probably told not to ball carry to avoid turn over counter attacks. Defence is OK.

How I wish we would give this coach some time. But you know us.

I appreciate your depth, and I agree with you. Let's talk more. Can I mention you on a dead NL thread?
Re: ''You Are A Disgrace!'' Ghanaian Journalists Boo Black Stars by Reussite: 6:20pm On Jan 23
That was quite harsh. I know how painful it is to concede quick goals in that manner but verbally abusing your players like that ain't cool.
Re: ''You Are A Disgrace!'' Ghanaian Journalists Boo Black Stars by BreconHills(m): 11:58pm On Jan 27
BreconHills:

Wait till the knock out rounds.

Remember Italy in 2006. Nigeria has been playing an unfamiliar 3-4-3 which is actually 5-4-1 when out of possession. They might not continue to play that way. Expect more goals everywhere.

Teams with high local content have excelled so far. As the teams with high foreign content begin to bond, the gap will narrow and individual quality will become important.

I said it!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jighere Wellington Is New World Scrabble Champion,speaks On His Win! / Bonke Replaces Injured Ndidi In Nigeria Squad / I Don't Follow The Records, The Records Follow Me - Ronaldo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.