Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,485 members, 7,819,760 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:33 PM

A Friend Borrowed My Car And Brought It Back Like This - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / A Friend Borrowed My Car And Brought It Back Like This (58473 Views)

Man Crashes A Borrowed Benz In Delta (Photos) / Cars Submerged By Flood In Calabar As Man Climbs On Top His Car And Relaxes / Sex In The Car And Its Consequences (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Friend Borrowed My Car And Brought It Back Like This by ehissi(m): 2:18pm On Jan 23
Spark2:
Good day NL.
A friend of mine borrowed my car few days ago to help ease movement for him. I happily gave him the car because I understood the need he had.

For precautionary reasons, I don't let my fuel get below quarter tank. Each time it gets there, i ensure I top it up.

When I gave this guy my key, I told him clearly to ensure he adds enough fuel as he's leaving my place and not to allow the fuel guage gets below quarter.

My car spent some days with him. he brought back the car and complained that my car has stopped on the way several times and each time it stops, he'd have to buy a little fuel and add before it moves.

Second, he brought back the car with scratches on my front bumper. I learned from someone that he had moved on terrible roads with the car. I was told he went to places that other people had parked because their vehicles can't enter.

I asked how much fuel he bought and he told me he bought a few litres of fuel. This got me furious because this is a journey that if I am to go, I'd have to buy over 40L of fuel.

Third, he brought it back with a faulty fuel gauge, my fuel gauge has never been faulty since I bought my car. It was not possible for me to know the fuel level at the time he returned the car.

I had to go fix my car because I had a need to go somewhere with it. My mechanic opened to tank to check why the car was stopping as well as the fuel gauge. To my surprise, my tank was terribly empty. It was dry.

I had to buy so much fuel as well as fix the fuse of the fuel gauge. As for the scratches, I will have to leave them like that. The funny thing is that my friend cannot even tell me he is sorry.

I have resolved in my mind, I WILL NEVER GIVE ANYBODY MY CAR AGAIN. NO.
ITS ONLY ME THAT CAN TAKE CARE OF MY CAR. I AM THE ONE MAINTAINING IT AND I KNOW EHERE IT PAINS.

what do you think about this?
Do you give out your car to your friends to use especially in this hard economy where fuel, maintenance and cost of parts are on the high side.

Only lend your car unsupervised to fellow car owner. They understand better than those that have never maintained a car

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Friend Borrowed My Car And Brought It Back Like This by Ishilove: 2:20pm On Jan 23
Myrepublic:
They use this to illustrate cheating girlfriend a lot. The way you will drive your car carefully, that's not the way someone else will drive it.. They will rough handle the thing for you.. You're lucky this is a real car,and its still repairable. But if it was your girlfriend, the damage can never be fixed,when another driver press on her gas..

Learn not to give your girlfriend ,oh sorry. I was saying learn not to give your car out next time.. Them no dey see frd. Most people you call frds are jealous of you,and na ur downfall be their happiness..
Shey na woman be your problem? Na so 'girlfriend' full the post, as if that is your biggest concern in life.
Re: A Friend Borrowed My Car And Brought It Back Like This by sharpchap: 2:21pm On Jan 23
car na like pants dem no dey borrow especially these hard times
Re: A Friend Borrowed My Car And Brought It Back Like This by EmmyMaestro(m): 2:23pm On Jan 23
Na so dem be

Re: A Friend Borrowed My Car And Brought It Back Like This by chccho(m): 2:26pm On Jan 23
Lance008:
You see the word friend Na scam
Till ur car spoil ur frd buy he own and refuse you of entering talkless of driving Na then u go understand
Bros u no lie ooo!!! Na so, so called friends dey behave
Re: A Friend Borrowed My Car And Brought It Back Like This by Chicky34: 2:28pm On Jan 23
No matter how close you are to me as a friend, would never borrow you my ride…. issa simple as that
Re: A Friend Borrowed My Car And Brought It Back Like This by Adakintroy: 2:31pm On Jan 23
IamAsiri:

Are you the unrepentant friend?

Unrepentant ke.

Were you there. Or did you hear the friend side.?
Re: A Friend Borrowed My Car And Brought It Back Like This by IamAsiri: 2:41pm On Jan 23
Free2Fly:
[quote author=IamAsiri post=128085

He had already made the necessary corrections before you came.

I was kinda correcting you. There was nothing like "lent" in what he typed. He said a friend borrowed his car and you said it's "lent". Unless he said he "borrowed" his friend his car...
Re: A Friend Borrowed My Car And Brought It Back Like This by IamAsiri: 2:44pm On Jan 23
Adakintroy:

Unrepentant ke.

Were you there. Or did you hear the friend side.?

Were you also there to know the kind of person OP is? To conclude that he was just being the tell-tale friend for nothing?
Re: A Friend Borrowed My Car And Brought It Back Like This by Myrepublic(m): 2:44pm On Jan 23
Ishilove:

Shey na woman be your problem? Na so 'girlfriend' full the post, as if that is your biggest concern in life.
The last time wen me check,I been no mention your name for the post na.. Why the comment come pain you like this? E come b say na only the "girlfriend" interest you for the write up..

1 Like

Re: A Friend Borrowed My Car And Brought It Back Like This by Free2Fly: 2:47pm On Jan 23
[quote author=IamAsiri post=128086239][/quote]

Are you just brainless??

I told you he had already corrected the mistake i raised before you came, and you're still arguing

He has corrected it. That's simple to understand!!
Re: A Friend Borrowed My Car And Brought It Back Like This by IamAsiri: 2:49pm On Jan 23
Free2Fly:

Are you just brainless??

I told you he had already corrected the mistake i raised before you came, and you're still arguing

Did you just refer to me as brainless? You obviously have a serious mental issue, so I'd better steer clear of you.
Re: A Friend Borrowed My Car And Brought It Back Like This by Dennisochampa: 2:53pm On Jan 23
I suppose deck you...
There are things you don't share....
Your wife... Your kids... Your car and your dogs....
Because if anything happen to these things, na sorry go end am
Swallow your losses.... Learn your lessons and move on...
Keep being friends with him but anything share.... Take it out especially if it's not something you can dash him....

2 Likes

Re: A Friend Borrowed My Car And Brought It Back Like This by Free2Fly: 2:54pm On Jan 23
IamAsiri:

Did you just refer to me as brainless? You obviously have a serious mental issue, so I'd better steer clear of you.

Yes, you are!

Otherwise, you would have stopped arguing when i told you he had corrected it already.

At first he wrote "I borrowed my car to a friend...."

When I raised the issue, he corrected it to "A friend borrowed my car....", which is correct.

This shouldn't be too difficult to understand.

1 Like

Re: A Friend Borrowed My Car And Brought It Back Like This by Anatolia: 3:03pm On Jan 23
You are making a very harsh decision because of a single incident with a bad friend like a typical Nigerian will do. You should rather say I will be more cautious next time and obtain guarantees that if your car is damaged it will be fixed.
Re: A Friend Borrowed My Car And Brought It Back Like This by Anatolia: 3:04pm On Jan 23
Free2Fly:

Yes, you are!

Otherwise, you would have stopped arguing when i told you he had corrected it already.

At first he wrote "I borrowed my car to a friend...."

When I raised the issue, he corrected it to "A friend borrowed my car....", which is correct.

This shouldn't be too difficult to understand.

You guys are quick to insult people showing lack of maturity.
Re: A Friend Borrowed My Car And Brought It Back Like This by Anatolia: 3:05pm On Jan 23
Free2Fly:

Are you just brainless??

Bad manners! Can’t you communicate without insulting people?
Re: A Friend Borrowed My Car And Brought It Back Like This by chatinent: 3:11pm On Jan 23
The only one wey dey mad me na you go drive am without topping fuel.

E go hard I give you again

2 Likes

Re: A Friend Borrowed My Car And Brought It Back Like This by chccho(m): 3:24pm On Jan 23
SavageMaster:

Even to "borrow" somebody my car battery to start their car, I can't try it.

When it's time to go to the mechanic, na only me waka come oh.
This is the height of wickedness
Re: A Friend Borrowed My Car And Brought It Back Like This by Adakintroy: 3:28pm On Jan 23
IamAsiri:

Were you also there to know the kind of person OP is? To conclude that he was just being the tell-tale friend for nothing?

Why you de reason like person weh de sell Abarcha'.?

Someone is making elegation with no concrete evidence just one side testimonies and you all are running with it. Am i the one making conclusion or the one demanding that we hear the other person for balance.
Re: A Friend Borrowed My Car And Brought It Back Like This by Greenfaces: 3:31pm On Jan 23
Spark2:
Good day NL.
A friend of mine borrowed my car few days ago to help ease movement for him. I happily gave him the car because I understood the need he had.

For precautionary reasons, I don't let my fuel get below quarter tank. Each time it gets there, i ensure I top it up.

When I gave this guy my key, I told him clearly to ensure he adds enough fuel as he's leaving my place and not to allow the fuel guage gets below quarter.

My car spent some days with him. he brought back the car and complained that my car has stopped on the way several times and each time it stops, he'd have to buy a little fuel and add before it moves.

Second, he brought back the car with scratches on my front bumper. I learned from someone that he had moved on terrible roads with the car. I was told he went to places that other people had parked because their vehicles can't enter.

I asked how much fuel he bought and he told me he bought a few litres of fuel. This got me furious because this is a journey that if I am to go, I'd have to buy over 40L of fuel.

Third, he brought it back with a faulty fuel gauge, my fuel gauge has never been faulty since I bought my car. It was not possible for me to know the fuel level at the time he returned the car.

I had to go fix my car because I had a need to go somewhere with it. My mechanic opened to tank to check why the car was stopping as well as the fuel gauge. To my surprise, my tank was terribly empty. It was dry.

I had to buy so much fuel as well as fix the fuse of the fuel gauge. As for the scratches, I will have to leave them like that. The funny thing is that my friend cannot even tell me he is sorry.

ITS ONLY ME THAT CAN TAKE CARE OF MY CAR. I AM THE ONE MAINTAINING IT AND I KNOW EHERE IT PAINS.

Do you give out your car to your friends to use especially in this hard economy where fuel, maintenance and cost of parts are on the high side.
You're such a cry baby. This is not news for all of us on nairaland. It's news for only your siblings, wife and close friends.
Re: A Friend Borrowed My Car And Brought It Back Like This by peterboro: 4:02pm On Jan 23
Free2Fly:
Lent, not borrowed.

Meanwhile, make sure you don't lend anything to him next time.

ENGLAND CAPTAIN!
Clap for yourself.
Re: A Friend Borrowed My Car And Brought It Back Like This by Elsueno: 4:05pm On Jan 23
I never lend out my car to ANYBODY!!!
The answer is categorical NO!, I am really blunt so nobody even bothers to ask
Re: A Friend Borrowed My Car And Brought It Back Like This by Chassy03: 4:12pm On Jan 23
Mr car owner Pele ooo ..na seun I blame cha..spit
Re: A Friend Borrowed My Car And Brought It Back Like This by Berankis: 4:58pm On Jan 23
In fact, it feels as if I was the one you borrowed your car. I feel so much gratitude and appreciation for you because people like you are too few in today's world. And I want to thank you for your good heart. May God continue to have your back and be there for you in your time of need. You will rise above that car (you will buy better cars).
God bless you and please, forgive his carelessness and just move on...
You remind of when I was planning to travel out and needed money, even some close family members turned me down but a friend from now where borrowed me millions though I later failed to travel and since returned his money but I will never forget him.
Re: A Friend Borrowed My Car And Brought It Back Like This by SavageMaster: 5:33pm On Jan 23
chccho:

This is the height of wickedness

That's what you will call it.

I've done it once but I can't try it anymore.

Learn to respect people's decisions, e get why.

See how a "friend" took care of OPs car.

Are you happy?
Re: A Friend Borrowed My Car And Brought It Back Like This by newnigerdelta00: 5:33pm On Jan 23
Spark2:
Good day NL.

Very evil and jealous friend you have that lacks maintenance , he's a stingy and dirty friend....those kinds of friends that always cry that nothing is working in Nigeria
Re: A Friend Borrowed My Car And Brought It Back Like This by Majikmaleek: 5:35pm On Jan 23
I wouldn't borrow some ones car so I can't lend anybody mine shikena
Re: A Friend Borrowed My Car And Brought It Back Like This by chccho(m): 5:55pm On Jan 23
SavageMaster:

That's what you will call it.

I've done it once but I can't try it anymore.

Learn to respect people's decisions, e get why.

See how a "friend" took care of OPs car.

Are you happy?
Oga na battery i dey talk, if person need to borrow battery to jump start car its next thing nothing. Help out
Re: A Friend Borrowed My Car And Brought It Back Like This by chccho(m): 5:58pm On Jan 23
Funny as it may sound but this issue of borrowing a car is a true test of friendship to me!! Some friends can borrow your car, but can/will never extend same favor to u. Some will start giving attitude when its their turn to return the favor. I have experienced this a few times.
Re: A Friend Borrowed My Car And Brought It Back Like This by Anguldi(m): 6:06pm On Jan 23
thrillionaire:
which one be Anguldi😁, us that were you live in Jos? I live in vet so I pass there frequently. 🤝
I see you bro, I live there wink. That una side cold na die cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Help !!! Speedometer Reader/needle Not Moving When I Am Moving / Check The Authenticity Of Your Plate Number / 2016 Best Cars Of The Year Awards In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.