Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,157 members, 7,818,503 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:30 PM

I Think Benue State Is The State With The Least Federal Presence. My story - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Think Benue State Is The State With The Least Federal Presence. My story (1283 Views)

Catastrophic Floods: Iā€™m Surprised No Federal Presence Yet In Bayelsa ā€” Obi / Atiku Narrowly Wins Edo State With 7849 Votes / Buhari Wins In Osun State With Low Margin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Think Benue State Is The State With The Least Federal Presence. My story by Kyase(m): 1:11pm On Jan 23
Workch:
Oga, I know what I'm saying, Lafia to Makurdi is one lane, the road becomes dual lane at river Benue bridge.

Keffi, to Akwanga to Lafia to makurdi is a single lane road.

From river Benue to lafia is a dual lane
Stop fooling yourself here abeg

2 Likes

Re: I Think Benue State Is The State With The Least Federal Presence. My story by ariesbull: 2:37pm On Jan 23
Workch:
Although I have not been to every state in the country but I have stepped by feet in every region, I have been to all the states in Southern and North Central and then to Bauchi and Kaduna in the core north, the state with the least federal presence seem to be Benue state.

In Benue state, there's no single dual carriage inter-town or inter-state road. If you are traveling from port Harcourt to Benue, the dual carriage express road cuts accross Abia and then connects back to Anambra through Enugu, you have to take a single lane road from 9th Mile to connect Benue. On getting to Otukpa in Benue, the single lane road is bad until you get to Otukpo and Aliade. At some point, I do not usually understand where the route these drivers take. From Aliade to Markurdi until you enter Nasarawa again, na single tiny lane.
Benue state is also the only state I have visited in Nigeria with no single flyover infrastructure. In Nasarawa, you can still see a flyover constructed by the federal government in keffi and links Mararaba.

Ontop of this, the insecurity is sublime. There's no way you want to connect Benue that you won't worry about insecurity because they do not have a functioning commercial airport. And the federal government is not ready to address this. If you must go to Benue by air, you will need to fly to Enugu or Abuja first then you have to enter Benue by road, Enugu airport is about 4-5 hours journey from Markurdi, Abuja is about 5-6 hours. And for me sincerely, Markurdi is vaibke enough to host an airport, even if the federal government does not want to address it, the state government can.

The last time I took this route, I landed in Enugu by 6pm and on going to Makurdi, I had to sleep at Aliade because of Fulani herdsmen wahala. I slept in the bus to avoid being slaughtered.

It's like the federal government is deliberately punishing this state. The 3 major towns of Gboko, Makurdi and Otukpo, none of them is connected via a dual carriage way. No flyover, no massive agricultural scheme, there's almost no sign of federal government in Benue state. Unlike what you see in Plateau, you will still see functioning federal institutes, federal schemes and programs.
Benue people fought for one Nigeria during the Biafra war....enjoy it

And don't wait for FG to build airport for you ....all the states in SE built theirs
Re: I Think Benue State Is The State With The Least Federal Presence. My story by Rolings: 2:52pm On Jan 23
Workch:
Go to their website and book a flight to Benue na šŸ˜‚

Let's see you do it. This is what happens when you don't travel, you rely on media for everything. Makurdi Airport is not functioning, it has not been functioning for years.

Makurdi airport is functioning....I mean they have the largest runway in the country courtesy NAF TAC HQ that's there.
It's the commercial flight that's not available due to non viability of the route and even that's is changing as a company wants to build a new airport and run it on BOT .
FEDERAL INSTITUTIONS IN BENUE
federal university of agriculture
Federal polytechnic
Nigeria army school of military engineering
Nigerian army paratrooper battalion
Nigerian air force tactical air command that houses fighter jets and Hercules C130 etc

1 Like

Re: I Think Benue State Is The State With The Least Federal Presence. My story by Rolings: 2:56pm On Jan 23
Workch:
Oga, I know what I'm saying, Lafia to Makurdi is one lane, the road becomes dual lane at river Benue bridge.

Keffi, to Akwanga to Lafia to makurdi is a single lane road.

You don't know
People that travel dey tell you but you are stubbornly claiming what you don't know just because Google map says so......so pathetic

1 Like

Re: I Think Benue State Is The State With The Least Federal Presence. My story by kokoA(m): 3:31pm On Jan 23
Workch:
Makurdi to Lafia is a single lane road.
The road become double lane immediately you are approaching river Benue, at the bridge in Makurdi. Th bridge was dualized and not the whole road down to Lafia. No
That's a big alie! Abuja to Makurdi is a dual carriageway, there are few roads in Nigeria smoother than that road. Benue has two federal universities at Otukpo and Makurdi, there is a federal polytechnic being built in Apa local government currently, there's a functional federal medical centre in Makurdi.

1 Like

Re: I Think Benue State Is The State With The Least Federal Presence. My story by jefdr001: 4:51pm On Jan 23
Workch:
It doesn't, from Jos, Akwanga to Makurdi is a single lane road. I can show you evidence using Google earth

You want to show me Google Earth. I am an eye witness of the new dualization from Abuja through akwanga ,Lafia to makurdi. As I said travel and see. Google Earth misleads sometimes

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Stepping Into The Mind Of Obasanjo / Dont Talk About My Nigeria / Zamfara State Has Less Than Ā£1 Million Pounds After Paying Salaries.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.