Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,043 members, 7,810,859 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:06 PM

Catastrophic Floods: I’m Surprised No Federal Presence Yet In Bayelsa — Obi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Catastrophic Floods: I’m Surprised No Federal Presence Yet In Bayelsa — Obi (22576 Views)

I Think Benue State Is The State With The Least Federal Presence. My story / I’m Surprised Boko Haram Is Still Existing – Buhari / Supreme Court Judgment On Saraki : I’m Surprised, Says Sagay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Catastrophic Floods: I’m Surprised No Federal Presence Yet In Bayelsa — Obi by Bobloco: 6:45am On Oct 23, 2022
*Says State Needs Urgent Help

The presidential candidate of the Labour Party in the 2023 election, Mr Peter Obi, has expressed surprise that the Federal Government had yet to respond three weeks after massive flooding hit Bayelsa State.

Obi said flying into the state in a chopper gave him a better aerial view of the situation and that the state needs urgent help.

Obi spoke, yesterday, in Yenagoa, the state capital, when he paid a courtesy visit to Governor Douye Diri at the Government House before they both visited internally displaced persons (IDPs) at the Oxbow Lake Pavilion camp in Yenagoa.

He lamented the hardship experienced by people of the state as a result of the floods and wondered why the federal government had not sent a high-powered delegation to the state with a view to providing assistance for the people.

While calling on the Federal Government to declare an emergency over the flooding in parts of Nigeria with Bayelsa as a case in point, he remarked that as a state that is strategic to the economy of Nigeria, it deserved more from the centre.

He called on the international community, donor agencies and public-spirited individuals and organizations to assist the government navigate through this difficult moment.

Obi lauded Diri’s handling of the situation so far and urged him not to give up while promising to stand with the people in their trying moments.

The Labour Party presidential candidate said he decided to suspend his campaign to sympathize with the people of Bayelsa and other states affected and promised not to resume campaigns until this phase of flooding was over.

He noted that though as governor he experienced the 2012 floods, the current one was more devastating.

Responding, Diri lamented the impact of the flood, which he said has claimed lives, property and destroying the economy of the state.

The Bayelsa governor acknowledged the concern showed by President Muhammadu Buhari by directing federal rescue and disaster management agencies to assist the state. He however noted that the directive was yet to be adhered to.

The state’s helmsman assured people of the state that his administration will continue to stand with them and spare no effort in providing relief to victims of the flood.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/10/catastrophic-floods-im-surprised-no-federal-presence-yet-in-bayelsa-obi/

62 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Catastrophic Floods: I’m Surprised No Federal Presence Yet In Bayelsa — Obi by Righthussle: 6:47am On Oct 23, 2022
Na why men dey carry metal for creek na. Their only interest in Bayelsa is oil. We know.

216 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Catastrophic Floods: I’m Surprised No Federal Presence Yet In Bayelsa — Obi by XerXers: 6:49am On Oct 23, 2022
But they are building rail to Niger Republic with Bayelsa's money

380 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Catastrophic Floods: I’m Surprised No Federal Presence Yet In Bayelsa — Obi by GuyWise101(m): 6:51am On Oct 23, 2022
Nna mehnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Peter Obi is a man who cares for the poor and downtrodden

But let us put some blame on GEJ that man no try much to lift his people and state.

193 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Catastrophic Floods: I’m Surprised No Federal Presence Yet In Bayelsa — Obi by successmatters(m): 6:51am On Oct 23, 2022
That's why we need to vote for a person who can equitably distribute our resources to care for the whole country.

Bayelsa is not in Ghana.

234 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Catastrophic Floods: I’m Surprised No Federal Presence Yet In Bayelsa — Obi by Corrinthians(m): 6:52am On Oct 23, 2022
When people are talking, this dullard too will open his mouth. grin

He failed as a student and failed as an administrator in Anambra. We don't need any further evidence to prove what he could do at the federal level - a leopard can never change its spots. wink

Bayelsa that remains one of the worst governed states in the federation, closely followed by Abia and Taraba, is what the dullard is talking about. We don't blame him, we blame is identity. He comes from a place where it is forbidden for people to take responsibility for their own actions. So they must look for someone else to blame.

84 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Catastrophic Floods: I’m Surprised No Federal Presence Yet In Bayelsa — Obi by BOOOMNAIJA: 6:53am On Oct 23, 2022
The poster above is a perfect example of a demented agbado urchin....they all reason alike, but when agbado or cassava is on d menu, their eyes go open waaaa......

354 Likes 26 Shares

Re: Catastrophic Floods: I’m Surprised No Federal Presence Yet In Bayelsa — Obi by Abdul05: 7:03am On Oct 23, 2022
obi has started using this humanitarian catastrophe as campaign strategy... grin

61 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Catastrophic Floods: I’m Surprised No Federal Presence Yet In Bayelsa — Obi by hisgrace090: 7:03am On Oct 23, 2022
As of now we have no govt to answer to emergencies.

14 Likes

Re: Catastrophic Floods: I’m Surprised No Federal Presence Yet In Bayelsa — Obi by muykem: 7:19am On Oct 23, 2022
GEJ is immediate past president of Federal Republic of Nigeria. He ruled for 6years.

58 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Catastrophic Floods: I’m Surprised No Federal Presence Yet In Bayelsa — Obi by Tannhauser(m): 7:19am On Oct 23, 2022
Prior to the APC primaries most Nigerians were in agreement that the current administration had failed. We all suffered the insecurity and inflation together.
What happened?

A certain candidate emerged and knowing he would be a hard sell to reasonable citizens immediately unleashed his propaganda machines. The same tactic that was used to destroy the ENDSARS protests, the greatest show of brotherhood of Nigerian youth from all tribes is being put to use today....Tribalism.

If Osibanjo had emerged the presidential candidate we all know that the other tribes would have voted for him...but now the shoe is on the other foot and this tribe is determined to plunge Nigeria into full blown anarchy because they want to support their tribesmen even when it is crystal clear even to the blind that said candidate is morally, mentally and physically unfit for that position.

For shame....For shame.

75 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Catastrophic Floods: I’m Surprised No Federal Presence Yet In Bayelsa — Obi by WibusJaga: 7:19am On Oct 23, 2022
Re: Catastrophic Floods: I’m Surprised No Federal Presence Yet In Bayelsa — Obi by Emilokan1(m): 7:20am On Oct 23, 2022
These are the policies tinubu promises to sustain and replicate. He was part of the people that promised heaven on earth during the buhari campaigns. Even Buhari himself hardly said anything. A government with no sympathy for the people's sufferings.Bayelsa has been under water close to a week,and no government presence has been felt. No even a statement from the president, expressing his condolences for the deceased and displaced. Pls don't be carried away by herd and crowd mentality. APC will never change. It's an evil party dominated by terrorists and religious bigots
Vote wisely,vote Peter obi. The man we know in our hearts to do the job rightgrin

70 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Catastrophic Floods: I’m Surprised No Federal Presence Yet In Bayelsa — Obi by Nobody: 7:21am On Oct 23, 2022
APC is useless

24 Likes

Re: Catastrophic Floods: I’m Surprised No Federal Presence Yet In Bayelsa — Obi by Tannhauser(m): 7:21am On Oct 23, 2022
Corrinthians:

He failed as a student and failed as an administrator in Anambra. We don't need any further evidence to prove what he could do at the federal level - a leopard can never change its spot. wink

Bayelsa that remains one of the worst governed states on the federation, closely followed by Abia and Taraba, is what the dullard is talking about. We don't blame him, we blame is identity. He comes from a place where it is forbidden for people to take responsibility for their own actions. So they must look for someone else to blame.

I totally agree with you sir, but you are yet to address the issue at hand...
WHY IS THERE NO FEDERAL PRESENCE IN BAYELSA?

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: Catastrophic Floods: I’m Surprised No Federal Presence Yet In Bayelsa — Obi by orion7: 7:21am On Oct 23, 2022
Apc is busy dashing billions to Niger republic

And using the rest money to build rail line to same Niger republic

Apc supporters re goats

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Catastrophic Floods: I’m Surprised No Federal Presence Yet In Bayelsa — Obi by DMerciful(m): 7:22am On Oct 23, 2022
And your moniker is Corinthians. Talking without sense. What a shame!
Corrinthians:

He failed as a student and failed as an administrator in Anambra. We don't need any further evidence to prove what he could do at the federal level - a leopard can never change its spot. wink

Bayelsa that remains one of the worst governed states on the federation, closely followed by Abia and Taraba, is what the dullard is talking about. We don't blame him, we blame is identity. He comes from a place where it is forbidden for people to take responsibility for their own actions. So they must look for someone else to blame.

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: Catastrophic Floods: I’m Surprised No Federal Presence Yet In Bayelsa — Obi by zieraw2005(m): 7:22am On Oct 23, 2022
Sai!
Re: Catastrophic Floods: I’m Surprised No Federal Presence Yet In Bayelsa — Obi by Nobody: 7:23am On Oct 23, 2022
Peter Obi the Scammer, the Master Simulator! Nigeria's Tortoise - but like the proverbial tortoise, he will unravel when he thinks he has had it all, and that before Christmas. Meanwhile:

From One of the Obidients

Obi pretends to be one of the sons of Zebedee when even we his Clansmen can recall that he was surnamed Iscariot at birth! This his presidential bid is way beyond what his questing fingers can ever touch, and his weak shoulders cannot bear the tonage of the packed burden he's foolishly begging Nigerians to lay on his neck! Peter Obi should be working in a primary school. Don't get me wrong - not as a teacher. I mean the people who normally wave down traffic with flags to allow children cross. Thereafter, he can be promoted to start following the school bus.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Catastrophic Floods: I’m Surprised No Federal Presence Yet In Bayelsa — Obi by veekid(m): 7:23am On Oct 23, 2022

Tinubu just donated 100milli for Kano, meaning What? Fúck the south. He needs the north more than the south. Know this and knkw peace

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Catastrophic Floods: I’m Surprised No Federal Presence Yet In Bayelsa — Obi by Winters23: 7:24am On Oct 23, 2022
tongue
Re: Catastrophic Floods: I’m Surprised No Federal Presence Yet In Bayelsa — Obi by gbaskiboy: 7:24am On Oct 23, 2022
Corrinthians:

What is your definition of failure? Why do you allow hatred and bigotry to prevent you from seeing good in others? Hatred is not good to your health, it can lead to unforseen disaster if not now but the future..

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Catastrophic Floods: I’m Surprised No Federal Presence Yet In Bayelsa — Obi by jcross19: 7:25am On Oct 23, 2022
Corrinthians:

you are the failure here!! You that have the better credential, how are you now? You can't even be his gate man.. You just open your gutter heart to post your hatred towards a man seeking a betterment of some people... This now show me that some people have been brainwashed to believe the way our government are doing is normal..bro.what he said is true in a sane country they won't be treated like that manner

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Catastrophic Floods: I’m Surprised No Federal Presence Yet In Bayelsa — Obi by Daddyyin: 7:25am On Oct 23, 2022
I expected Obi to tell us how the government can prevent flooding.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Catastrophic Floods: I’m Surprised No Federal Presence Yet In Bayelsa — Obi by orion7: 7:25am On Oct 23, 2022
Corrinthians:

. See one

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Catastrophic Floods: I’m Surprised No Federal Presence Yet In Bayelsa — Obi by LibertyRep: 7:26am On Oct 23, 2022
Bayelsa, with just 8 LG and with all the benefits accruing to it as an oil producing state, should have no business with poverty.

Bayelsa, if well governed since 1999 should be doing wonders like Dubai.

Though FG could be irresponsible at times, but this time, the blame should be laid squarely on the past and present governors of that state.

11 Likes

Re: Catastrophic Floods: I’m Surprised No Federal Presence Yet In Bayelsa — Obi by 900warriorz: 7:26am On Oct 23, 2022
How will there be Federal Presence when some of them have been settled in various ways?

Na South-Southerners dey do themselves and they won't realize the rot in their region until its too late

7 Likes

Re: Catastrophic Floods: I’m Surprised No Federal Presence Yet In Bayelsa — Obi by Macphenson: 7:27am On Oct 23, 2022
Corrinthians:

See them, Tinubu urchins.
Its been weeks since the flooding happened in Bayelsa, yet the government at the center did not deem it to respond to the disaster happening there.

16 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Saraki, Atiku, Others Are Tenants In APC – Bode George / Dino Melaye Denies Rumoured Step Down, Vows To Oust Governor Yahaya Bello(pics) / Seven Critical Gas Development Projects In Nigeria(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.