Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,115 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:28 PM

Stepping Into The Mind Of Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stepping Into The Mind Of Obasanjo (1284 Views)

Caption This Photo Of Obasanjo With President Buhari And Gordon Brown / APC's Tweets Of Obasanjo Blasting Jonathan, Endorses APC At All Levels / Yoruba-Men Must Be Proud Of Obasanjo — Aregbesola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stepping Into The Mind Of Obasanjo by ihas: 6:27pm On Apr 30, 2006
I find it very difficult to understand what is happening to our dear President, I don't want to believe that the old man hate this country so much that he is subjecting us to this third term wahala, or is he suffering from sycophantic block, were the sycophants around him do not allow him to know the truth?,  Well I want to remind the sycophants that Obasanjo normally runs away in the heat of the moment, so they should watch out he may repeat what he has done on Friday February 13, 1976.  They should read history before blindly following the man, he may escape and leave them behind to answer Nigerians.
Ihas Idriess, Yola.
Re: Stepping Into The Mind Of Obasanjo by Abeem(m): 8:58pm On Apr 30, 2006
Many people may not be politically involved or have the awareness to appreciate what he did on that day. On that fateful day of the abortive coup, OBJ was reported to have ran away after the coup plotters struck, assasinating the Head of State Gen Murtala Ramat Muhammed and a host of other military officers. He went to hide in the sprawling edifice of Chief S.B. Bakare in Ikoyi and did not come into the open until he heard that Danjuma, Babangida and Akinrinade had successfully stood down the rebellion. He reportedly told curious people why he went into hiding saying: "Won ti pa Muri" meaning "they have killed Muritala". So like you said, he might still resort to his old antics of running away at the heat of the battle, abandoning his foot soldiers.
He is watching the situation as they unfold and at the slightest opportunity will bolt away as he is wont to do.
Re: Stepping Into The Mind Of Obasanjo by dividend06(m): 2:19pm On May 07, 2006
i think there is enough heat already,unlike a military coup, its a democratic coup and its sad that its the same people after 30years.
Re: Stepping Into The Mind Of Obasanjo by carechoji(m): 12:57pm On May 15, 2006
We are all witness to what is happening in today's Nigeria, a country that is about to be taken to the last and final journey of the people by the President, who only thought of himself at a moment than any other person.

Obasanjo, who was considered a hero by handing over to a democratically elected civilian president is not on the verge of not making a history, but trying to create problem and confussion in the land.

I want to believe that Mr. President is blinded by power and will not want to step down because he also want to be a dictatorship. Many hard times did we pass in the past, and many hard times awaite us in the future if he wins or continue or if the house agreed on tenure enlogantion.

We have faced many crisis ranging from unemployment, political crisis, religious crisis , health problem and many others during the past 7 years, and stil we have not learned, we are calling on the president to continue.

My question is this, do we want him to continue to bring the untold hardship on our people or we want him to continue because some of the people will now be going home with ghana must go back, or we still want to have an increasing number on unemployment rates and also more crisis or turning Nigeria into a war turn country because of the selfish interest of some individual.

I believe the only way to stop this is to start recalling some of opur leaders are bend on saying that Obasanjo should continue and rather Obasanjo should have a rethink of his interest and step down honourably than be forced out of office.

The people must have a say, there decision counts as they are the most affected in the society.

let us say no to Mr. President and No to Third term as it will not bring anything good but problem to us.

he must not continue, as whoever comes in will definitely want to extend his tenure, who knows 4 term, 5term, 6term , any number of term.

Thanks angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Stepping Into The Mind Of Obasanjo by MP007(m): 7:05am On Aug 19, 2007
Obasanjo loved nigeria an he stil does, It techniques aint just right, He wants to do the right thing, baba just didnt know how
Re: Stepping Into The Mind Of Obasanjo by desgiezd(m): 12:55pm On Aug 20, 2007
His mind is damned too dark, I need a 10,000MW lamp to be able to see through the darkness.

(1) (Reply)

Senate Okays Life Pension For Military Heads Of State / Gani:letter To Senate On Mrs Waziri/efcc Chairperonship / I Am Hungry, Please Re-brand Me.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.