Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,183 members, 7,829,243 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:23 PM

CBN May Raise Banks Capital Base To ₦‎900 Billion - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN May Raise Banks Capital Base To ₦‎900 Billion (8168 Views)

N500b Capital Base: Capital Needed By Commercial Banks With International Spread / CBN Pegs Minimum Capital Base For Banks At ₦‎500 Billion / CBN To Increase Capital Base Of Banks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN May Raise Banks Capital Base To ₦‎900 Billion by DMerciful(m): 11:20am On Jan 23
You're not God
zionstaar75:
it's not about being God ,obi can never be president of Nigeria
Re: CBN May Raise Banks Capital Base To ₦‎900 Billion by VULCAN(m): 11:23am On Jan 23
Absolutely hilarious how Tinubu believes that you boost an economy through increased taxation and increased capital base of banks.

Increased productivity is something he has never had an idea how to support.

Go study Malaysia, Singapore, China and Japan. All were radically focused on production and that was the path to economic growth.

None applied increased taxation on poor people as the pathway to boost the economy.

APC. Bunch of Jokers

1 Like

Re: CBN May Raise Banks Capital Base To ₦‎900 Billion by matify83: 11:24am On Jan 23
ppogba:

Only a.few will approach the market to raise funds.
FUGAZ are close to it already.
There will be acquisition instead of mergers this time around.
Sir, most share prices ARE not over values.

Nice submission sir.

Infact FUGAZ( first bank, UBA, GTB, Access and Zenith banks) have all reached and exceeded 1 trillion naira in the NGX.

Zennith bank as at my last check is the most capitalized in Nigeria up to the tune of 1.9 T.
With such huge capital, they can massively buy up shares of other tier-2 banks and effect a hostile takeover.

As concerning the value of bank shares, I can't claim expertise in stock trading as we all have made and lost money trading in the NGX.
Let's just watch as the drama unfolds.
Re: CBN May Raise Banks Capital Base To ₦‎900 Billion by benuejosh: 11:26am On Jan 23
Realdeals:
Could that be responsible for the sudden rise in Banks shares? People should be careful of those banks manipulations.
Exactly. As for this year, anyone wanting to buy shares should consider the Banking sector, telecom sector (MTN specifically) and then the Cement sector due to the increase in infrastructural development since the government wants to focus on that area. Concrete roads and other structures. Shares from those sectors will do well and for others who may be listing this year.
Re: CBN May Raise Banks Capital Base To ₦‎900 Billion by ppogba: 11:34am On Jan 23
matify83:

Nice submission sir.

Infact FUGAZ( first bank, UBA, GTB, Access and Zenith banks) have all reached and exceeded 1 trillion naira in the NGX.

Zennith bank as at my last check is the most capitalized in Nigeria up to the tune of 1.9 T.
With such huge capital, they can massively buy up shares of other tier-2 banks and effect a hostile takeover.

As concerning the value of bank shares, I can't claim expertise in stock trading as we all have lost money trading in the NGX.
Let's just watch as the drama unfolds.

The stock market is not all about gaining money all the time. When you lose money, take your time, re- strategize, plan and you will eventually gain money at some point.
What most people don't know is that the money you invest in shares should be what you think will be of future value to you and not an immediate reward or profit fund.
People that claimed to have lost money lost because the prices of the shares came down and they decided to sell. Most people that bought TRANSCORP at N7 during public offering sold in anger. TRANSCORP today is over N13.
You don't trade in shares in anger or wirh sentiment.
Dem say make you buy DANG Sugar shares, you say you no buy because Dangote na Hausa!
Re: CBN May Raise Banks Capital Base To ₦‎900 Billion by anonymous1759(m): 11:37am On Jan 23
DMerciful:
If that's what will stop him so be it!

So you wish him to perform badly just because you don’t like him ? You don’t mean well for Nigeria stop wailing .
Re: CBN May Raise Banks Capital Base To ₦‎900 Billion by alimiadedayo1: 11:37am On Jan 23
DMerciful:
You're not God!
I am not God but I am a son if God and I can say it
Re: CBN May Raise Banks Capital Base To ₦‎900 Billion by DMerciful(m): 11:39am On Jan 23
Will you or any member of your family be president?
alimiadedayo1:

I am not God but I am a son if God and I can say it
Re: CBN May Raise Banks Capital Base To ₦‎900 Billion by benuejosh: 11:39am On Jan 23
VULCAN:
Absolutely hilarious how Tinubu believes that you boost an economy through increased taxation and increased capital base of banks.

Go study Malaysia, Singapore, China and Japan. All were radically focused on production and that was the path to economic growth.

None applied increased taxation on poor people as the pathway to boost the economy.

APC. Bunch of Jokers
some of you just talk sometimes without any form of critical analysis and basis while some policies are made. Majorly, what has been the contributions of the Nigerian banking sector to the development of the economy if not collecting our money and making merry and issuing loans at exorbitant interest rates. What development have they brought to the FINANCIAL WORLD which is the main aim. You will soon start seeing them giving out soft loans to SMSEs and supporting businesses so as to raise more capital and strengthen the financial sector and their financial base. The financial sector or in the real term the Monetary Economy of the country will get stronger forcing the government to even look towards domestic borrowing which is good for the economy instead of external borrowing.

Development and productivity should be exclusively related to the fiscal policies of government. What is happening to the Banking sector now is a Pure monetary policy and not fiscal policy.

1 Like

Re: CBN May Raise Banks Capital Base To ₦‎900 Billion by DMerciful(m): 11:40am On Jan 23
You don't wish competence and integrity into someone. Its inherent!
anonymous1759:

So you wish him to perform badly just because you don’t like him ? You don’t mean well for Nigeria stop wailing .
Re: CBN May Raise Banks Capital Base To ₦‎900 Billion by WantsandMore: 11:42am On Jan 23
Ndic should raise deposit insurance to 25k usd, 25 million
Re: CBN May Raise Banks Capital Base To ₦‎900 Billion by ppogba: 11:45am On Jan 23
VULCAN:

APC. Bunch of Jokers

Is it Tinubu that is raising the capital base of banks?
You seem to have studied the economies of all the countries.of.the.world without studying that of UK. Take time to study it?
The simplest thing to do these days is to lay claim to knowledge without actually having so much of the knowledge. If not, every stupid person knows that the tax review committee set up by the Tinubu you love to hate has actually recommended a serious harmonisation of various taxes and has recommended a total scrapping of some to stimulate production. But the empty boast of having studied the economies of Japan, Singapore, Burundi and Naminbia will not allow you to arm yourself with enough knowledge to argue your points.

I hope you have gotten enough likes on Nairaland already. That is what inspires some of you.
Re: CBN May Raise Banks Capital Base To ₦‎900 Billion by alimiadedayo1: 11:49am On Jan 23
DMerciful:
Will you or any member of your family be president?
will you or any member of your family be?
Re: CBN May Raise Banks Capital Base To ₦‎900 Billion by matify83: 11:50am On Jan 23
ppogba:

The stock market is not all about gaining money all the time. When you lose money, take your time, re- strategize, plan and you will eventually gain money at some point.
What most people don't know is that the money you invest in shares should be what you think will be of future value to you and not an immediate reward or profit fund.
People that claimed to have lost money lost because the prices of the shares came down and they decided to sell. Most people that bought TRANSCORP at N7 during public offering sold in anger. TRANSCORP today is over N13.
You don't trade in shares in anger or wirh sentiment.
Dem say make you buy DANG Sugar shares, you say you no buy because Dangote na Hausa!

There are TRADERS and INVESTORS in the stock market.

Dangote cement and sugar stocks are for long term holdings and dividends cash flow.
I acquired the above since 2006 and have kept them as an investment only selling of the flour stock.

However, the banking stocks are for trading. Buy low and sell high and repeat the process over again. This is trading which is also legitimate but subject to a lot of uncertainty and insider information.

1 Like

Re: CBN May Raise Banks Capital Base To ₦‎900 Billion by DMerciful(m): 11:57am On Jan 23
You have been playing God so why not continue?
alimiadedayo1:
will you or any member of your family be?
Re: CBN May Raise Banks Capital Base To ₦‎900 Billion by ppogba: 12:05pm On Jan 23
matify83:

There are TRADERS and INVESTORS in the stock market.

Dangote cement and sugar stocks are for long term holdings and dividends cash flow.
I acquired the above since 2006 and have kept them as an investment only selling of the flour stock.

However, the banking stocks are for trading. Buy low and sell high and repeat the process over again. This is trading which is also legitimate but subject to a lot of uncertainty and insider information.

I will only engage you because you sound knowledgeable.
One, traders and investors are inter- changeable. As just a petty petty buyer of shares, I can say I trade in shares while I can also say I am an investor in shares. Let us not argue over this.
That Banking shares are for trading may not be totally true. I bought 10,000 Units of GT during public offering in 2002 or 2003 or there about and I can tell you with bonus of 1;1, 1:3 on so many occasions have taken my holdings to a higher level. The dividend from then till date is unquantifiable. I am not saying you can not buy and sell as the situation demands. At least late last year I bought WEMA at N5.14 and has sold it at over N10.

The stock market is like a gangan.drum.
As it faces one person, it backs another person.
Re: CBN May Raise Banks Capital Base To ₦‎900 Billion by alimiadedayo1: 12:23pm On Jan 23
DMerciful:
You have been playing God so why not continue?
how am I playing explain to me because I said obituary will not become the president of Nigeria, yes I say it again he cannot be and God will not allow such bigot clown to rule us, there is no difference between obi and Buhari but is just that you guys are hypocrites and bigot-centric you will not see
Re: CBN May Raise Banks Capital Base To ₦‎900 Billion by matify83: 12:24pm On Jan 23
ppogba:

I will only engage you because you sound knowledgeable.
One, traders and investors are inter- changeable. As just a petty petty buyer of shares, I can say I trade in shares while I can also say I am an investor in shares. Let us not argue over this.
That Banking shares are for trading may not be totally true. I bought 10,000 Units of GT during public offering in 2002 or 2003 or there about and I can tell you with bonus of 1;1, 1:3 on so many occasions have taken my holdings to a higher level. The dividend from then till date is unquantifiable. I am not saying you can not buy and sell as the situation demands. At least late last year I bought WEMA at N5.14 and has sold it at over N10.

The stock market is like a gangan.drum.
As it faces one person, it backs another person.

Sir, you have said it all.

Permission to use your quote

"The stock market is like a gangan(drum), as it faces one person, it backs another person"

QED
Re: CBN May Raise Banks Capital Base To ₦‎900 Billion by garfield1: 12:37pm On Jan 23
DMerciful:
Let Amoda do more relocation to Lagos, the core North will wait for him 2027!

This would give the coalition flag bearer Peter Obi the sweeping victory in 2027 and there would be not swapping of victory like 2023!

Against obi,the north will still vote tinubu

1 Like

Re: CBN May Raise Banks Capital Base To ₦‎900 Billion by DMerciful(m): 1:58pm On Jan 23
Tinubu was never voted in before. This time they will not help him to rig
garfield1:

Against obi,the north will still vote tinubu
Re: CBN May Raise Banks Capital Base To ₦‎900 Billion by DMerciful(m): 1:59pm On Jan 23
But you supported Bubu's second term
alimiadedayo1:
how am I playing explain to me because I said obituary will not become the president of Nigeria, yes I say it again he cannot be and God will not allow such bigot clown to rule us, there is no difference between obi and Buhari but is just that you guys are hypocrites and bigot-centric you will not see
Re: CBN May Raise Banks Capital Base To ₦‎900 Billion by garfield1: 1:59pm On Jan 23
DMerciful:
Tinubu was never voted in before. This time they will not help him to rig

So who did you the north and Yoruba vote
Re: CBN May Raise Banks Capital Base To ₦‎900 Billion by DMerciful(m): 2:01pm On Jan 23
He came a distant 3rd but was rigged in.
garfield1:

So who did you the north and Yoruba vote
Re: CBN May Raise Banks Capital Base To ₦‎900 Billion by garfield1: 2:02pm On Jan 23
DMerciful:
He came a distant 3rd but was rigged in.

You haven't answered me.who did the north and west vote for? What evidence do you have to show that tinubu came third
Re: CBN May Raise Banks Capital Base To ₦‎900 Billion by DMerciful(m): 2:07pm On Jan 23
You're making it seem like the North and West are two persons. Votes were shared across Nigeria but Tinubu came a distant 3rd.

INEC wanted to conduct credible election but three days to that election, Bubu that has maintained his neutrality hitherto, called Mahmmud to ensure Tinubu wins.
That was why IREV was shutdown to force manual process where they normally do their abracadabra.

This is inside information 100%
garfield1:

You haven't answered me.who did the north and west vote for? What evidence do you have to show that tinubu came third
Re: CBN May Raise Banks Capital Base To ₦‎900 Billion by garfield1: 2:17pm On Jan 23
DMerciful:
You're making it seem like the North and West are two persons. Votes were shared across Nigeria but Tinubu came a distant 3rd.

INEC wanted to conduct credible election but three days to that election, Bubu that has maintained his neutrality hitherto, called Mahmmud to ensure Tinubu wins.
That was why IREV was shutdown to force manual process where they normally do their abracadabra.

This is inside information 100%

Votes were shared in the north between tinubu and atiku while tinubu won SW massively and shared votes in the SS.if irev was shutdown,where is the manual copies of your agents

1 Like

Re: CBN May Raise Banks Capital Base To ₦‎900 Billion by DMerciful(m): 2:20pm On Jan 23
Where were the manual copies of 2007 election?

You're pretending to be a stranger in Nigeria
garfield1:

Votes were shared in the north between tinubu and atiku while tinubu won SW massively and shared votes in the SS.if irev was shutdown,where is the manual copies of your agents
Re: CBN May Raise Banks Capital Base To ₦‎900 Billion by alimiadedayo1: 2:39pm On Jan 23
DMerciful:
But you supported Bubu's second term
are you thinking with your anus.. very poor mentality indeed you don't know , you have not seen him and you just assumed am supporting Buhari because I am not in support of your obituary, I am Buhari supporter? infact you be real OSU that is no need to tell me
Re: CBN May Raise Banks Capital Base To ₦‎900 Billion by garfield1: 2:41pm On Jan 23
DMerciful:
Where were the manual copies of 2007 election?

You're pretending to be a stranger in Nigeria

Buhari agents presented them but because he didn't bring enough oral evidence,he lost narrowly by 4-3...
Before results are transmitted,all agents are given a copy so lp should bring the copies showing that lp won na.

1 Like

Re: CBN May Raise Banks Capital Base To ₦‎900 Billion by DMerciful(m): 2:41pm On Jan 23
You only deflected with insults but never deny not supporting him
alimiadedayo1:
are you thinking with your anus.. very poor mentality indeed you don't know , you have not seen him and you just assumed am supporting Buhari because I am not in support of your obituary, I am Buhari supporter? infact you be real OSU that is no need to tell me
Re: CBN May Raise Banks Capital Base To ₦‎900 Billion by DMerciful(m): 2:49pm On Jan 23
Nobody can manually collate the entire Nigeria. Agents are easily compromised by deep pockets hence the need to amend the electoral act in 2022 to do electronic transmission of results. It was celebrated worldwide and Buhari was praised. N300 billion was spent but it was shutdown on election day when they saw Obi winning.

Obi won that election, this is a fact and everybody including you knows this. Nothing will come out of this mandate thief govt.
garfield1:

Buhari agents presented them but because he didn't bring enough oral evidence,he lost narrowly by 4-3...
Before results are transmitted,all agents are given a copy so lp should bring the copies showing that lp won na.
Re: CBN May Raise Banks Capital Base To ₦‎900 Billion by alimiadedayo1: 2:54pm On Jan 23
DMerciful:
You only deflected with insults but never deny not supporting him
in fact You are real a OSU.. go and point out where I said I supported Buhari..you have nothing to say a again that is why you are saying gibberish

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria Inflation Soars To Almost Four-year High Of 12.8% / Want To Sue Firstbank For Denying My Business Loan / Ginger Exportation Foreign Buyers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.