Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,636 members, 7,820,231 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:53 AM

Police Accused Of Demanding ₦250k Bribe From Kidnapped Victims’ Family In Abuja - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Accused Of Demanding ₦250k Bribe From Kidnapped Victims’ Family In Abuja (12896 Views)

Vincent Desmond: Police Accused Me Of Being A Yahoo Boy & Took Me To ATM / Onuh Makedomu: Policeman Arrested For Taking Bribe From A Motorist / Police Accused Of Assaulting A Nursing Mother And Her 2-Month-Old Baby In Owerri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Accused Of Demanding ₦250k Bribe From Kidnapped Victims’ Family In Abuja by rayvelez(m): 9:11am On Jan 24
As you’re going about your days pls don’t get kidnap because if you do,
1. You are on your own.
2. Nobody will help you with ransom
3. Tell your family’s about your movement.
4. Government won’t come for your rescue.
5. They don’t care whether you live or died.
6.Police is not your friend.

1 Like

Re: Police Accused Of Demanding ₦250k Bribe From Kidnapped Victims’ Family In Abuja by sweetkev(m): 9:12am On Jan 24
I hate Nigeria police with passion. Always turn colour blue to red undecided
Re: Police Accused Of Demanding ₦250k Bribe From Kidnapped Victims’ Family In Abuja by Nice2023(m): 9:13am On Jan 24
It is even hard if not harder to get responsible police families in Nigeria.

If u want to know that curse is potent,go look for any police man's family except those who are honest and true to themselves and the Nigerian public.

Many of them have been serially cursed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Police Accused Of Demanding ₦250k Bribe From Kidnapped Victims’ Family In Abuja by Quebec91(m): 9:14am On Jan 24
Well, i for one dont care about or need any investigation carried out on the matter i believe it already cuz its true 😂😄😁
MadeINchenzen2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lo8cJHscNAQ

Re: Police Accused Of Demanding ₦250k Bribe From Kidnapped Victims’ Family In Abuja by Tochi360: 9:15am On Jan 24
The accusation is not far from what the Police can do.
Re: Police Accused Of Demanding ₦250k Bribe From Kidnapped Victims’ Family In Abuja by princeFAD: 9:16am On Jan 24
Talkisneeded:
A news with no source, but this is Nigeria sha...
We've seen worser things happen....

I sell herbs tho

No source? Is the YouTube video not a source?
Re: Police Accused Of Demanding ₦250k Bribe From Kidnapped Victims’ Family In Abuja by blowjohn(m): 9:17am On Jan 24
Let us be fair.
Even though it sounds like trickery, and may we never fall into the hands of kidnappers:

Even lost or stolen phone, police will tell u they cannot track it.

Is it humans they now want to track?

With which equipment?

The way I see it, if ur not very rich and influential, just forget it. They won't attend to u.

Ask urself, how many of ur lost or stolen phones have u been able to get back after reporting at the police station?
Re: Police Accused Of Demanding ₦250k Bribe From Kidnapped Victims’ Family In Abuja by NOwazobia: 9:17am On Jan 24
Na lie b4

Is it not what our robbers in uniform are known for...

Abegi, Next!
Re: Police Accused Of Demanding ₦250k Bribe From Kidnapped Victims’ Family In Abuja by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 9:18am On Jan 24
Omolayomii1999:
No this can't be what sort of rubbish is this?
Another cogent reason to japa
Re: Police Accused Of Demanding ₦250k Bribe From Kidnapped Victims’ Family In Abuja by just2endowed: 9:21am On Jan 24
Nbote:
Police that will ask you for money to investigate a crime you reported. The Police that will be quick to claim a "rescue" after ransom has been paid

That's what they told tinubu that they carried our the rescue of the Abuja victims
Re: Police Accused Of Demanding ₦250k Bribe From Kidnapped Victims’ Family In Abuja by cjudy(m): 9:23am On Jan 24
No be Police again? Go to their station and ask them to come and arrest somebody. You will pay for fuel or transport
Re: Police Accused Of Demanding ₦250k Bribe From Kidnapped Victims’ Family In Abuja by tiswell(m): 9:27am On Jan 24
Talkisneeded:
A news with no source, but this is Nigeria sha...
We've seen worser things happen....

I sell herbs tho
worse,or in extreme cases,worst
Re: Police Accused Of Demanding ₦250k Bribe From Kidnapped Victims’ Family In Abuja by chidi2003(m): 9:27am On Jan 24
Helinus:
If you believe Nigeria will ever work again, believe me your ancestors are ashamed of you in the land of the dead.

They can't believe their descendant is a monumental fool, they are totally disappointed in your life.
Am shocked with your words above! Are you tired of defending failures called Leaders - because of sentiment? Never give up!

1 Like

Re: Police Accused Of Demanding ₦250k Bribe From Kidnapped Victims’ Family In Abuja by Omobude244: 9:28am On Jan 24
Jagabanarmy:
This is not new na. The Nigeria police is fanatically corrupt and I just hope that Jagaban will overhaule the police for more result oriented . There are too many corrupt personnel in the police
How u guys expect the master and founder of modern days corruption to fight corruption is what i don't understand
Tinubu made his money from illegal means which includes drug pushing and stealing from govt
U now want the same person to block the way for others🙄
U can't give what u don't have
Its very simple
Re: Police Accused Of Demanding ₦250k Bribe From Kidnapped Victims’ Family In Abuja by Ironbull: 9:28am On Jan 24
At this point I think the tough stand Tinubu have by removing Subsidy Tinubu need to take that same tough stand against the entire police formation for a total review with zero mercy.

All police formation must be touch, if dismissal or compulsory retirement is the option it should be done enmass to sanitize that institution once and for all.

Enough is enough of police this police that there thousands of youths are jobless out there draft them into the force and send home all these annoying and embarrassing Officers there are people out there looking for job.

Everytime same problem, na wetin?
Re: Police Accused Of Demanding ₦250k Bribe From Kidnapped Victims’ Family In Abuja by Raj10(m): 9:35am On Jan 24
Useless set of people
Re: Police Accused Of Demanding ₦250k Bribe From Kidnapped Victims’ Family In Abuja by lomprico(m): 9:35am On Jan 24
Not suprised undecided
Re: Police Accused Of Demanding ₦250k Bribe From Kidnapped Victims’ Family In Abuja by NaijaNaWaa: 9:38am On Jan 24
E surprise you?
Re: Police Accused Of Demanding ₦250k Bribe From Kidnapped Victims’ Family In Abuja by coputa(m): 9:40am On Jan 24
The nigerian police is the true face of corruption in Nigeria . how are the now different from the kidnappers

Some of them are even accomplices, they are not to be trusted.

They see civilians they are meant to protect as their enemies and the masses as well see them as such

The force is rotten from top to bottom,it is bedeviled with unprofessional and angry looking rank and file.
Re: Police Accused Of Demanding ₦250k Bribe From Kidnapped Victims’ Family In Abuja by Efikman(m): 9:44am On Jan 24
CHAI
Re: Police Accused Of Demanding ₦250k Bribe From Kidnapped Victims’ Family In Abuja by zebszebs: 9:44am On Jan 24
I don't think any reasonable, non-criminal-minded individual thinks of joining the NPF, no jobs in the country or not.

That organization is rated the worst police force in the entire world.

Imagine that!!!

I would rather negotiate with criminals than government-sanctioned criminals in uniform, it's like the family hadn't received that update.

Re: Police Accused Of Demanding ₦250k Bribe From Kidnapped Victims’ Family In Abuja by zebszebs: 9:46am On Jan 24
tiswell:
worse,or in extreme cases,worst

The Nigerian educational system has gone to the dogs.

Imagine someone saying "worser", I have heard someone say "worstest".

Try and correct them and hear them say, "English is not my mother tongue".

Yet complain in the same breath of why Nigerians are forced to write IELTS

1 Like

Re: Police Accused Of Demanding ₦250k Bribe From Kidnapped Victims’ Family In Abuja by zebszebs: 9:52am On Jan 24
Righthussle:
Police fit re-kidnap them.

Fear who no fear Nigerian police.

I once heard of a case similar to this, someone was kidnapped in Abuja and managed to escape from their den, he ran into a police station to report what just happened to him and the policemen locked him up and insisted he must pay before he would be allowed to leave.

This story might be a lie, but it's not too farfetched from what the NPF is capable of doing.

Criminals in uniform
Re: Police Accused Of Demanding ₦250k Bribe From Kidnapped Victims’ Family In Abuja by tiswell(m): 9:52am On Jan 24
zebszebs:

The Nigerian educational system has gone to the dogs.

Imagine someone saying "worser", I have heard someone say "worstest".

Try and correct them and hear them say, "English is not my mother tongue".

Yet complain in the same breath of why Nigerians are forced to write IELTS
It's really worrisome,baba.
Re: Police Accused Of Demanding ₦250k Bribe From Kidnapped Victims’ Family In Abuja by autodoctor: 10:07am On Jan 24
No gree for anyone is the new police slogan.
Re: Police Accused Of Demanding ₦250k Bribe From Kidnapped Victims’ Family In Abuja by Greattha: 10:15am On Jan 24
Hmm..Nigeria Police.

No surprises.

We await their vehement denials, refutals and rebuttals.

MadeINchenzen2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lo8cJHscNAQ

Re: Police Accused Of Demanding ₦250k Bribe From Kidnapped Victims’ Family In Abuja by Charly68: 10:23am On Jan 24
They dont die well because of their wickedness.. i hate taking matters to them because they are heartless and useless.. God punish them for demanding for money in Jesus name
Re: Police Accused Of Demanding ₦250k Bribe From Kidnapped Victims’ Family In Abuja by KaptainAfrika: 10:46am On Jan 24
This is also done in other inSANER climes also... grin cool grin
Re: Police Accused Of Demanding ₦250k Bribe From Kidnapped Victims’ Family In Abuja by EdiskyHarry: 11:04am On Jan 24
One thing is sure, in every arm robbery and kidnapping operations in Nigeria, 2 or more policemen are involved
Re: Police Accused Of Demanding ₦250k Bribe From Kidnapped Victims’ Family In Abuja by holuwhagbenga(m): 11:18am On Jan 24
In The Book of "Mathew 5 v 25", @righteousness please read for us grin grin grin
Re: Police Accused Of Demanding ₦250k Bribe From Kidnapped Victims’ Family In Abuja by stephanie79548: 11:47am On Jan 24
Some police officers are not different from kidnapperSome police officers are not different from kidnapper...
Re: Police Accused Of Demanding ₦250k Bribe From Kidnapped Victims’ Family In Abuja by Exceed15: 12:11pm On Jan 24
POLICE IS OUR ENEMY. KNOW THIS AND KNOW PEACE.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Two Nigerian Women Battle In Ireland Court Over Threat To Life / Abia Police Accused Of Releasing Man Who Defiled His 1-month-old Daughter / Plateau Speaker Escapes Kidnap Attempt, Police Hunt Suspects

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.