Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,553 members, 7,827,073 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:20 AM

Can Cameroon's Weak Squad Move Pass Nigeria On Saturday? - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Can Cameroon's Weak Squad Move Pass Nigeria On Saturday? (13658 Views)

Anthony Joshua Has Tattoo Of Map Of Africa, Nigeria On His Body / Arsenal FC Celebrates Nigeria On Her Independence / Cameroon Vs Nigeria: 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier 1 - 1 (Full Time) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Cameroon's Weak Squad Move Pass Nigeria On Saturday? by Demurray: 12:19pm On Jan 24
Samunique:
The match is very tricky o , but I think somehow, Nigeria is destined to win this cup except the unexpected happens!
Destine my foot, a team that is destine to won the trophy ought to have beaten every other teams at group stage without finding it difficult to score goals . I'm am in support of the super eagles to win the tournament though but using the work DESTINE is overstatement
Re: Can Cameroon's Weak Squad Move Pass Nigeria On Saturday? by aamir489: 12:20pm On Jan 24
It's hard to predict the outcome of this AFCON. If anything, Nigeria has been riding on luck. I can only hope we continue on that lucky streak.It's hard to predict the outcome of this AFCON. If anything, Nigeria has been riding on luck. I can only hope we continue on that lucky streak....
Re: Can Cameroon's Weak Squad Move Pass Nigeria On Saturday? by ifinger: 12:22pm On Jan 24
Nigeria will win. CAMEROUN are poor too but Nigeria have an edge

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Cameroon's Weak Squad Move Pass Nigeria On Saturday? by yewit37486: 12:23pm On Jan 24
MT:

Moreso, Cameron's which qualified them has galvanized them, and SE not firing on all cylinders.

I am worried bug if you want to be Africa champion, you have to beat the best.

Hmm. I think there's also an element of luck. But, fingers crossed, let's see..
Re: Can Cameroon's Weak Squad Move Pass Nigeria On Saturday? by Esinwaju: 12:26pm On Jan 24
This particular Nigerian team is the most unusual of all the teams that have represented Nigeria. Not in a bad way because I am seeing a Super Eagles that are resolute and comfortable when defending. It's a first and I see this as a very big and important factor. In the last Afcon, Nigeria was ranked the best performing team at the conclusion of the group stage only to be knocked out in the first round of knockout matches. This time around, we are not being touted for anything because the usual flamboyant style of play is missing. I see a decoy here. An element of surprise.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Cameroon's Weak Squad Move Pass Nigeria On Saturday? by Demurray: 12:26pm On Jan 24
Shedking:
My prayer is for you guys to start Onana, then we will revisit this topic.

But I'm optimistic that we are going to win. Besides Musa and other key players hasn't been featured so far
Nigeria will win by the grace of God . There's nothing Musa can do at his age, if Musa is good enough to be in the starting line up, the coach will play him. Being a philanthropist give him the chance to make the list. No hating please
Re: Can Cameroon's Weak Squad Move Pass Nigeria On Saturday? by akwesenana: 12:27pm On Jan 24
DoctorAyukebot:

😅😅😅😅
Despite Nigeria's 7 point finish their squad is definitely below average. I can't say the Cameroonian side is any better. Saturday wouldn't be a clash of the Titans like we had in February 2000 where both JJ and Eto'o were at their prime on opposing sides. However with history on our side I see the super eagles returning on an Air Peace flight come Sunday evening😅
Definitely below average?
I'm not conceding 2 goals against Gambia or failing to win 10 men.
Re: Can Cameroon's Weak Squad Move Pass Nigeria On Saturday? by WantsandMore: 12:29pm On Jan 24
Esinwaju:
This particular Nigerian team is the most unusual of all the teams that have represented Nigeria. Not in a bad way because I am seeing a Super Eagles that are resolute and comfortable when defending. It's a first and I see this as a very big and important factor. In the last Afcon, Nigeria was ranked the best performing team at the conclusion of the group stages only to be knocked out in the first round of knockout matches. This time around, we are not being touted for anything because the usual flamboyant style of play is missing. I see a decoy here. An element of surprise.
It's crazy how this things turn around 360°
Re: Can Cameroon's Weak Squad Move Pass Nigeria On Saturday? by Faposky95: 12:29pm On Jan 24
ProudNigerian01:
Cameroon and Ghana have always been our Achilles heel but things change every day. Naija all the way.

Come on you eagles let's change the narrative. 💪

Sidenote:
The easiest way to win over anybody and earn respect is through acts of kindness and loyalty.

No be me talk am, na Bible:

Prov.3.3 - Never let loyalty and kindness get away from you! Wear them like a necklace; write them deep within your heart. (NLT)

Prov.3.4 - Then you will find favor with both God and people, and you will gain a good reputation. NLT

Be kind today but let it not sacrifice righteousness or doing the right thing.

It will end in penalties
Re: Can Cameroon's Weak Squad Move Pass Nigeria On Saturday? by Esinwaju: 12:30pm On Jan 24
Demurray:

Destine my foot, a team that is destine to won the trophy ought to have beaten every other teams at group stage without finding it difficult to score goals . I'm am in support of the super eagles to win the tournament though but using the work DESTINE is overstatement
Super Eagles were ranked the best performing team after the group stages in the last Afcon. What happened after that? It's not about who you have beaten, it's about how well you grow into the tournament.

1 Like

Re: Can Cameroon's Weak Squad Move Pass Nigeria On Saturday? by akwesenana: 12:31pm On Jan 24
Cameroon with their calamitous defending?
After them go dey blame Onana.
Onana suppose don retire since that 2022 WC.
Re: Can Cameroon's Weak Squad Move Pass Nigeria On Saturday? by DoctorAyukebot(m): 12:33pm On Jan 24
BolaAThubv:
Since that AFCON finals clash in 2000, how many times have Nigeria played Cameroon till date and what has been the outcome? Let's look at the stats

From 1968 let's look at the H2H stats
Nigeria 7 wins, 5 Draws, Lose 4
Cameroon 4 wins, 5 Draws, Lose 7

What history have you been talking about? Oga, use your tongue and count your teeth

I wouldn't want to go into stats that include friendlies that for the most part are without quality players from both teams. Nigeria lost the title thrice to Cameroon. That's enough for me
Re: Can Cameroon's Weak Squad Move Pass Nigeria On Saturday? by DoctorAyukebot(m): 12:34pm On Jan 24
akwesenana:

Cameroon with their calamitous defending?

After them go dey blame Onana.

Onana suppose don retire since that 2022 WC.

Na Cameroon players di defend for Manchester United? Onana ei good days are over..
Re: Can Cameroon's Weak Squad Move Pass Nigeria On Saturday? by Demurray: 12:36pm On Jan 24
ifinger:
Nigeria will win. CAMEROUN are poor too but Nigeria have an edge
Cameroon wey never win AFCN before beat Nigeria in our three meetings at the final, the thing that pained me most was winning the 3rd trophy on our soil and Infront of our fans, took the cup and keep it forever . After that they had won it on two occasions while Nigeria , once
To be honest with you, Cameroon no be our mate but luck may be on our side as I always pray but base on what we have been playing so fat, no no no
Re: Can Cameroon's Weak Squad Move Pass Nigeria On Saturday? by Ironbull: 12:37pm On Jan 24
Pls don't call Cameroon weak team, Cameron have always turned Bull with combined Lion strenght whenever they play against Nigeria.
Re: Can Cameroon's Weak Squad Move Pass Nigeria On Saturday? by Svoboda(m): 12:39pm On Jan 24
ProudNigerian01:
Cameroon and Ghana have always been our Achilles heel but things change every day. Naija all the way.

Come on you eagles let's change the narrative. 💪

Sidenote:
The easiest way to win over anybody and earn respect is through acts of kindness and loyalty.

No be me talk am, na Bible:

Prov.3.3 - Never let loyalty and kindness get away from you! Wear them like a necklace; write them deep within your heart. (NLT)

Prov.3.4 - Then you will find favor with both God and people, and you will gain a good reputation. NLT

Be kind today but let it not sacrifice righteousness or doing the right thing.

On the last two occasions Nigeria has gotten the best of cameroun. In the past, cameroon won Nigeria in controversial circumstances. The last being nig 2000 final.
Re: Can Cameroon's Weak Squad Move Pass Nigeria On Saturday? by akwesenana: 12:39pm On Jan 24
DoctorAyukebot:

Na Cameroon players di defend for Manchester United? Onana ei good days are over..
Most of the goals conceded against Senegal where due to poor defending. I didn't even watch the match against Gambia, but I'm surprised at how Onana's cousin, who is light years ahead of him, conceded 2½ goals.
Re: Can Cameroon's Weak Squad Move Pass Nigeria On Saturday? by Demurray: 12:39pm On Jan 24
Esinwaju:
Super Eagles were ranked the best performing team after the group stages in the last Afcon. What happened after that? It's not about who you have beaten, it's about how well you grow into the tournament.
Cameroon has been showing than even more than Nigeria, they lost their first match, drew second and came from behind to win the third even with more goals scored. Whereas Nigeria are struggling to create chances and when the chance did came, we missed it
Re: Can Cameroon's Weak Squad Move Pass Nigeria On Saturday? by Esinwaju: 12:40pm On Jan 24
DoctorAyukebot:

I wouldn't want to go into stats that include friendlies that for the most part are without quality players from both teams. Nigeria lost the title thrice to Cameroon. That's enough for me
Twice under controversial circumstances but let's not argue.
Re: Can Cameroon's Weak Squad Move Pass Nigeria On Saturday? by DoctorAyukebot(m): 12:43pm On Jan 24
christopheojo:

Not eto 'o but the legendary Patrick mbouma

You are right. The Legendary Patrick Mboma was at his best. A shame he retired early from football. That said it was Eto'o who opened score at the 26th minute. Even Mboma's goal at the 31st minute was from an assist from Eto'o.

1 Like

Re: Can Cameroon's Weak Squad Move Pass Nigeria On Saturday? by DoctorAyukebot(m): 12:44pm On Jan 24
Esinwaju:
Twice under controversial circumstances but let's not argue.

Don't be a sore loser😅..Are you an obedient?😅😅
Re: Can Cameroon's Weak Squad Move Pass Nigeria On Saturday? by Esinwaju: 12:45pm On Jan 24
WantsandMore:
It's crazy how this things turn around 360°
It is better to grow into a tournament than to start off flying only to be shot down when unexpected. Prior to the tournament, the hope was on our attack. Now that we are into the tournament proper, our defenders have been the star boys. So far at least. Crazy turn around for real.

1 Like

Re: Can Cameroon's Weak Squad Move Pass Nigeria On Saturday? by geoworldedu: 12:45pm On Jan 24
IamDora:

Against what teams? Gnuei bissu,, Equntori ginue and ivory? Funny
Against big teams, Nigeria will play better. It's what they have been doing over the years. Last AFCON, we did well against Egypt when we were underdog and lost to Tunisia when we were expected to win easily. In 2013 when we won the AFCON last, we did badly in the group and did well against powerful IVORY COAST of then and ended up winning it when we didn't really play good football. From year 2000 to year 2010, we were always the favourite to win AFCON but we end up disappointing. We didn't even qualify for the 2012 AFCON, so nobody expected anything from us in 2013 when we won it. SE is like Chelsea in UCL. We perform best when nothing is expected from us.
Re: Can Cameroon's Weak Squad Move Pass Nigeria On Saturday? by Ayomidie: 12:46pm On Jan 24
Nigeria has created the most chances at AFCON so far-13 chances. Get behind our boys and stop talking trash
Re: Can Cameroon's Weak Squad Move Pass Nigeria On Saturday? by seunayantokun(m): 12:49pm On Jan 24
Nigeria no get the needed team. I no expect anything from them, I no wan kill mysef. But God fit carry victory dash them sha.
Re: Can Cameroon's Weak Squad Move Pass Nigeria On Saturday? by lomprico(m): 12:49pm On Jan 24
Yes
Re: Can Cameroon's Weak Squad Move Pass Nigeria On Saturday? by DoctorAyukebot(m): 12:50pm On Jan 24
akwesenana:
Most of the goals conceded against Senegal where due to poor defending. I didn't even watch the match against Gambia, but I'm surprised at how Onana's cousin, who is light years ahead of him, conceded 2½ goals.

Gone are the days of Cameroon's China Wall Defense. The likes of Song (Present coach), Kunde Emmanuel, Francois Omam-Biyik, Matip, etc..These days we are just struggling with both defense and goalies, not like the attack is any better😰

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can Cameroon's Weak Squad Move Pass Nigeria On Saturday? by jeff1607(m): 12:52pm On Jan 24
Samunique:
The match is very tricky o , but I think somehow, Nigeria is destined to win this cup except the unexpected happens!

3rd place naija's birthright
Re: Can Cameroon's Weak Squad Move Pass Nigeria On Saturday? by akwesenana: 12:53pm On Jan 24
DoctorAyukebot:

Gone are the days of Cameroon's China Wall Defense. The likes of Song (Present coach), Kunde Emmanuel, Francois Omam-Biyik, Matip, etc..These days we are just struggling with both defense and goalies, not like the attack is any better😰
Why wasn't Mbeumo called up though?

And did Aboubakar make the squad?

Abi una wan retire the number '10' for am?
Re: Can Cameroon's Weak Squad Move Pass Nigeria On Saturday? by 9JAMac10: 12:53pm On Jan 24
🇳🇬 will defeat 🇨🇲 Come Saturday afternoon 3pm eastern time
Re: Can Cameroon's Weak Squad Move Pass Nigeria On Saturday? by epainos: 12:54pm On Jan 24
DoctorAyukebot:

I wouldn't say Cameroon's weak showing is borne of looting at the federation. Badluck with injuries for some star players, unnecessary infightings at the federation and most especially the inexperienced coaching from Song are to blame. Many surmise Song was singlehandedly put by Eto'o just so he too could have the biggest stake at how the squad is managed. I think it is Eto'o who really decides who plays or is called to the squad.
The bolded part...is that not corruption?
Re: Can Cameroon's Weak Squad Move Pass Nigeria On Saturday? by Esinwaju: 12:55pm On Jan 24
Demurray:
Cameroon has been showing than even more than Nigeria, they lost their first match, drew second and came from behind to win the third even with more goals scored. Whereas Nigeria are struggling to create chances and when the chance did came, we missed it
Did you see the goal we conceded against Eq-guinea? Have you seen that sort of defensive lapse again in the last two games after that? Can you compare the number of chances we created against Cote d'Ivoire to that of Guinea-Bissau? Nigeria is growing into the tournament but you aren't seeing it which is normal. This is not the style of football Nigerians are accustomed to when it comes to the Super Eagles but we must be pragmatic. The Super Eagles are a counter-attacking team for now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Eguavoen Craves For Moses Return To Super Eagles / We Were Interested In Maguire, But We Could Not Afford Him - Guardiola / CAF, NFF, United Celebrate Ighalo At 31

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.