Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,653 members, 7,827,410 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:35 AM

Can Cameroon's Weak Squad Move Pass Nigeria On Saturday? - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Can Cameroon's Weak Squad Move Pass Nigeria On Saturday? (13659 Views)

Anthony Joshua Has Tattoo Of Map Of Africa, Nigeria On His Body / Arsenal FC Celebrates Nigeria On Her Independence / Cameroon Vs Nigeria: 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier 1 - 1 (Full Time) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Cameroon's Weak Squad Move Pass Nigeria On Saturday? by MadamExcellency: 12:55pm On Jan 24
Cameroon can only win against Nigeria if it is the finals and Isha Yahatu is the President of CAF.

1 Like

Re: Can Cameroon's Weak Squad Move Pass Nigeria On Saturday? by akwesenana: 12:55pm On Jan 24
Ayomidie:
Nigeria has created the most chances at AFCON so far-13 chances. Get behind our boys and stop talking trash
No mind them all di**heads. Imagine someone saying that this present Nigeria squad is no where near present Cameroun squad. 😂😂

What we should be complaining about is the missed chances. So far we've been very solid defensively well being above average offensively.
Re: Can Cameroon's Weak Squad Move Pass Nigeria On Saturday? by DoctorAyukebot(m): 12:57pm On Jan 24
bobonla:

I was born in Cameroon to Nigerian parents. Did my primary school, secondary and high-school. Now I head the crises over there is no where to write about.

Wow...Only recently did I learn Junior Pope of Nollywood grew up in Bamenda too. The seccesionist crisis has brought much of the anglophone regions to its kneels. Although things have considerably improved most interior villages are in pieces. Limbe and Buea are the only two anglophone towns with near normal activities. It's no longer a war against the government, but one of banga smokers against the population. Like Tracy Chapman sang, this is what you get when you give a boy a gun.
Re: Can Cameroon's Weak Squad Move Pass Nigeria On Saturday? by DoctorAyukebot(m): 12:59pm On Jan 24
epainos:

The bolded part...is that not corruption?

Definitely though not in terms of looting funds but décisions as to who plays or not according to his ego.
Re: Can Cameroon's Weak Squad Move Pass Nigeria On Saturday? by Esinwaju: 1:00pm On Jan 24
DoctorAyukebot:

Don't be a sore loser😅..Are you an obedient?😅😅
Exactly how I expected the truth to make you feel. Discomforted winner.
Re: Can Cameroon's Weak Squad Move Pass Nigeria On Saturday? by Demurray: 1:02pm On Jan 24
Esinwaju:
Did you see the goal we conceded against Eq-guinea? Have you seen that sort of defensive lapse again in the last two games after that? Can you compare the number of chances we created against Cote d'Ivoire to that of Guinea-Bissau? Nigeria is growing into the tournament but you aren't seeing it which is normal. This is not the style of football Nigerians are accustomed to when it comes to the Super Eagles but we must be pragmatic. The Super Eagles are a counter-attacking team for now.
Ok, Saturday will tell it all, all the same good luck to Super Eagles .
Re: Can Cameroon's Weak Squad Move Pass Nigeria On Saturday? by DoctorAyukebot(m): 1:02pm On Jan 24
akwesenana:
Why wasn't Mbeumo called up though?

And did Aboubakar make the squad?

Abi una wan retire the number '10' for am?

Mbeumo is severely injured and hasn't played several matches for his team Brentford. Abubakar is amongst those called up, but injured too.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can Cameroon's Weak Squad Move Pass Nigeria On Saturday? by BABANGBALI: 1:04pm On Jan 24
God please let Cameroon beat Nigeria on Saturday. I want mannabbqgrils and other supporters of the super eagles to be sad and disappointed on that day.
Re: Can Cameroon's Weak Squad Move Pass Nigeria On Saturday? by epainos: 1:05pm On Jan 24
DoctorAyukebot:

Definitely though not in terms of looting funds but décisions as to who plays or not according to his ego.
Hmmmm! Before you get funds illegally, you get power via an illegal route first. When you acquire power illegally, it is corruption. Song is a product of corruption. Perhaps, money was looted behind the scenes we don't know about. Or they did not bother to investigate because they had enough evidence to boot him out.
Re: Can Cameroon's Weak Squad Move Pass Nigeria On Saturday? by duduade: 1:06pm On Jan 24
Nigerians had better prepare their minds....

Them dey come back home.. after our boundary neighbor panel beat them with goals
Re: Can Cameroon's Weak Squad Move Pass Nigeria On Saturday? by bobonla: 1:09pm On Jan 24
DoctorAyukebot:

Wow...Only recently did I learn Junior Pope of Nollywood grew up in Bamenda too. The seccesionist crisis has brought much of the anglophone regions to its kneels. Although things have considerably improved most interior villages are in pieces. Limbe and Buea are the only two anglophone towns with near normal activities. It's no longer a war against the government, but one of banga smokers against the population. Like Tracy Chapman sang, this is what you get when you give a boy a gun.
My brother I'm telling u. I was born in mamfe. I heard those boys destroyed the whole street in which I grew up with fire. Killed almost 20 of my classmates
Re: Can Cameroon's Weak Squad Move Pass Nigeria On Saturday? by Charly68: 1:11pm On Jan 24
Na war war game but Naija will prevail at the end ..the score line will be 4:2 against Cameroon
Re: Can Cameroon's Weak Squad Move Pass Nigeria On Saturday? by flexyrule(m): 1:15pm On Jan 24
bcomputer101:
YES

Correct score: 2-0
You can bet all your life savings on it.
Two own goals or two penalties?
Re: Can Cameroon's Weak Squad Move Pass Nigeria On Saturday? by godwon01(m): 1:16pm On Jan 24
bcomputer101:
YES

Correct score: 2-0
You can bet all your life savings on it.
in favour of who.
Re: Can Cameroon's Weak Squad Move Pass Nigeria On Saturday? by DoctorAyukebot(m): 1:17pm On Jan 24
bobonla:

My brother I'm telling u. I was born in mamfe. I heard those boys destroyed the whole street in which I grew up with fire. Killed almost 20 of my classmates

Although I have only been to Mamfe once I am from the Mamfe area, precisely Kembong. The fear of being kidnapped by those bad boys prevented me from making it to my father's memorial service last year. I have got an accent that should have made me a soft target. That's how bad things have become
Re: Can Cameroon's Weak Squad Move Pass Nigeria On Saturday? by royalnose: 1:19pm On Jan 24
The two teams are weak
Re: Can Cameroon's Weak Squad Move Pass Nigeria On Saturday? by lexy2014: 1:21pm On Jan 24
DoctorAyukebot:
Back here in Cameroon we do admit this is not our greatest squad. We are certainly missing some good finishers like Tchopuo-Moting, Abubakar Vincent and Bryan Mbeumo of Brentford for injury. That said Cameroon's ability to quickly turn things around in the face of threat is its biggest strength.

Take the match against Algeria. A return leg qualifying match to Qatar. Officially out, Cameroon would score at the last minute of prolongation time to seal a Qatar 2022 spot. Needless to mention the Algerians still have not recovered from that defeat. 😅😅 Then again 3-0 down against Burkina Faso during the AFCON classification match in Cameroon last year.

The Indomitable Lions would move to score three goals within 15 minutes to consequently win the third place spot. Most Cameroonians generally accept our team is capable of pulling surprises and offsets even at their worst. In 2010 and 2017 against all odds as outsiders we moved to play the finals against Egypt, consequently clinching our fifth star in the latter.

Despite now being at our weakest 40 years after winning in Cote D'ivoire with a Legendary squad that comprised the likes of Roger Mila, Abega Théophile, Thomas Nkono etc, many Cameroonians are routing for a Déjà Vu at the expense of the Nigerian squad.. 😅Good a thing we finally have the basket Andre Onana at the bench where he truly belongs.😅 I can bet it is a 3-1 on Saturday in favour of the Lions..Where Eagle take power to fight Lion?😅😅

Is Nigerias squad strong?
Re: Can Cameroon's Weak Squad Move Pass Nigeria On Saturday? by verifiablefacts: 1:22pm On Jan 24
sterlingD:
l am not seeing Vincent Abubakar in the Cameroon team. What happened?

The guy wear mask come change name.
Re: Can Cameroon's Weak Squad Move Pass Nigeria On Saturday? by Beuberry(f): 1:25pm On Jan 24
DoctorAyukebot:

Waiting......
Ya mouth like anus. You are a bakassi boy who Cameroon claimed and you come dey support dem against ya ancestral country of Nigeria.
If you love yaself, no come here on Saturday. I ll tear you n Cameroon with trolling. Nigeria isn't interested in winning the AFCON but to beat Cameroon.
Re: Can Cameroon's Weak Squad Move Pass Nigeria On Saturday? by bobonla: 1:27pm On Jan 24
DoctorAyukebot:

Although I have only been to Mamfe once I am from the Mamfe area, precisely Kembong. The fear of being kidnapped by those bad boys prevented me from making it to my father's memorial service last year. I have got an accent that should have made me a soft target. That's how bad things have become
Omo. It's well sha. I know those side very well. I know Kembong, Eyumojuck, etc. Back then Manyu was cool. I still missed my fufu and eru.
Re: Can Cameroon's Weak Squad Move Pass Nigeria On Saturday? by Ekaka14: 1:45pm On Jan 24
Cameroun put up a fierce fight yesterday which is indicative of the fact that they've turned the corner in this competition....more so they have that No 5 boy in defence ( left full back??) and Ekambi who could be real spoilers unless our boys go out with the 2024 "No gree for anybody of cameroun panya and cameroun pepper " spirit grin
Re: Can Cameroon's Weak Squad Move Pass Nigeria On Saturday? by DoctorAyukebot(m): 1:58pm On Jan 24
Beuberry:

Ya mouth like anus. You are a bakassi boy who Cameroon claimed and you come dey support dem against ya ancestral country of Nigeria.
If you love yaself, no come here on Saturday. I ll tear you n Cameroon with trolling. Nigeria isn't interested in winning the AFCON but to beat Cameroon.

Grow up and be able to make a point without insults, it might definitely come in handy someday
Re: Can Cameroon's Weak Squad Move Pass Nigeria On Saturday? by DoctorAyukebot(m): 1:59pm On Jan 24
sterlingD:
l am not seeing Vincent Abubakar in the Cameroon team. What happened?

He is part of the squad. He suffered a late stage injury
Re: Can Cameroon's Weak Squad Move Pass Nigeria On Saturday? by DoctorAyukebot(m): 2:00pm On Jan 24
royalnose:
The two teams are weak

There is no denying
Re: Can Cameroon's Weak Squad Move Pass Nigeria On Saturday? by DoctorAyukebot(m): 2:12pm On Jan 24
epainos:

Hmmmm! Before you get funds illegally, you get power via an illegal route first. When you acquire power illegally, it is corruption. Song is a product of corruption. Perhaps, money was looted behind the scenes we don't know about. Or they did not bother to investigate because they had enough evidence to boot him out.

Last year social media was awash with evidential audios of Eto'o match fixing to propel the second division team of a protège to the first division ranks. That was in the midst severe infightings at the first division league that led to 10 team Presidents withdrawing their support of Eto'o. His supporters say he is trying to rid the Cameroonian football scene of the usual corruption. His critics say he wants go be in control of every sector with heavy handed mismanagement, ego and pride
Re: Can Cameroon's Weak Squad Move Pass Nigeria On Saturday? by Daninya33: 2:14pm On Jan 24
My parents keep reminding me that our ancestors hail from Douala Cameroon and we are Bassa by tribe.
I have seen several posts made by Cameroonians on Facebook about the people of Bassa and their attitude towards other tribes in Cameroon.
There are several complaints that players who are bassas unmerited their selection into the team as Eto'o himself is Bassa.
I have seen complains of how the Bassas are not accommodating and unforgiving etc.
Op, kindly share what you know about the Bassas of Cameroon. Thank you.
Re: Can Cameroon's Weak Squad Move Pass Nigeria On Saturday? by Ken4Christ: 2:16pm On Jan 24
Two countries I don't like us meeting at the knockout stage is Ghana and Cameron. The moment they are playing against Nigeria, they do it with their last drop of blood. But I am certain we will win.
Re: Can Cameroon's Weak Squad Move Pass Nigeria On Saturday? by Ayomidie: 2:21pm On Jan 24
akwesenana:
No mind them all di**heads. Imagine someone saying that this present Nigeria squad is no where near present Cameroun squad. 😂😂

What we should be complaining about is the missed chances. So far we've been very solid defensively well being above average offensively.

Exactly,the ingredients of a possible title win or at least a deep run in the tournament are there. Reasonable criticism is allowed and the boys can always do better but the outright negativity I see all over the media is what I don't understand. Get behind people representing you,it's not that hard

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can Cameroon's Weak Squad Move Pass Nigeria On Saturday? by ajutant(m): 2:27pm On Jan 24
Its not a match someone should put mind on. Whatever the outcome we see. Both team is not reliable at all. Nigeria has been having one shot on target for 3 matches now, Cameroon just runs round the pitch without purpose. Let's wait for result shaa.
Re: Can Cameroon's Weak Squad Move Pass Nigeria On Saturday? by SyrusdeHansome(m): 2:29pm On Jan 24
Angelfrost:

Well, with Onana starting, victory might be assured for Nigeria.

But, score 3 goals?!! Surely, you jest! grin

With or without Onana Nigeria will score 3+ goals on saturday. I'll remind u after the match.
Re: Can Cameroon's Weak Squad Move Pass Nigeria On Saturday? by TVTM2023: 2:36pm On Jan 24
Cameron and Nigerian rivalry has weakend over the years.
If Cameron wins this cup,it will have no colorful celebration to me because where is the popularity of Cameroonian players outside Africa?
Also,what else and who is a special Cameroonian player right now except etos son
It will be and be good if Nigeria wins the Afcon!
Think about it my brother ,forget that u r a Cameroonian.
It's a logical thing for u to just do and consider.
If Nigeria wins it,it will be good.
If Cameron beats Nigeria and Cameron loses to Tunisia or caprverde or Angola,the pain will be much to you my brother than to Nigeria loosing because it's explainable what happened to Nigeria squad before the tournament began.
This is not our super squad and that's just the truth but they play as a team.
So think about it my brother.
Also ,if Senegal wins this tournament,therer is nothing to cheer for at all.what impact.are Senegalese players making right now outside Africa
Is it popular than Nigerian players or ??
Just forget the patriotism and think about it my brother.
IAM not speaking like a Nigerian but as an African!
It wouldn't be good should Nigeria crash out now.
That tournament will loose it's flare,IAM telling u honestly.
What Good will it make if Cameron meets Senegal again and are beaten
Absolutely no good and no history at all!
Re: Can Cameroon's Weak Squad Move Pass Nigeria On Saturday? by Maxtipulation(m): 2:49pm On Jan 24
chiefolododo:
You are a Cameroonian?

Who taught you English language?

Are you putting it to him that his a Cameroonian or are you asking him question?

Instead of saying...are you a Cameroonian?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Eguavoen Craves For Moses Return To Super Eagles / We Were Interested In Maguire, But We Could Not Afford Him - Guardiola / CAF, NFF, United Celebrate Ighalo At 31

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.