Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,079 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:12 AM

Peter Obi Celebrates The International Day Of Education - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi Celebrates The International Day Of Education (2756 Views)

Peter Obi Celebrates With the United States of America - Pics / Peter Obi Celebrates Charly Boy On His 73rd Birthday (Photo) / Peter Obi Celebrates His Wife, Margaret, On Her Birthday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Peter Obi Celebrates The International Day Of Education by DamnnNiggarr: 10:18pm On Jan 24
Today, I join the global community to commemorate the International Day of Education. Education, as I have consistently maintained over the years, remains the most vital investment any nation can make in its citizens.

As a critical tool of national development, education addresses many national and global issues of concern. Education remains a powerful tool in fighting poverty and inequality, in spreading peace and national cohesion, and in demanding and delivering good governance in a nation.

It is the most effective instrument for migrating from poverty and ending insecurity. It has been observed and accepted that the more a country is educated, the more developed the country is. The corollary is also true that ; the less educated the country is,the less developed that country will be. In our country Nigeria, we are not where we should be because we have not invested in this critical tool - education, and that is driving our low development features, creating poverty and insecurity.

Nigeria remains the country with the highest number of out-of-school children, with about 20 million out-of-school children, and with a rating of 124 out of the 140 countries measured on education.

This day, therefore, presents us, the leaders, an opportunity to soberly reflect on the priority we set on education and take urgent measures to address the shortcomings. We need to make more aggressive investments in the education sector and secure our nation so that learning can be accessible to all our citizens. My commitment remains to a New Nigeria where education is prioritized through adequate investment in the sector which will help our development, and in pulling people out of poverty. -PO

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Celebrates The International Day Of Education by DamnnNiggarr: 10:18pm On Jan 24
shocked
Re: Peter Obi Celebrates The International Day Of Education by Makunahatata: 10:21pm On Jan 24
Mtcheew

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Celebrates The International Day Of Education by christejames(m): 10:29pm On Jan 24
Thanks my erudite President

19 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Celebrates The International Day Of Education by Corrosiveman(m): 10:38pm On Jan 24
Trash as usual

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Celebrates The International Day Of Education by yarimo(m): 12:03am On Jan 25
The same obi that defrauded small Anambra state as governor for 8 years undecided undecided

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Celebrates The International Day Of Education by chichar1(f): 2:00am On Jan 25
yarimo:
The same obi that defrauded small Anambra state as governor for 8 years undecided undecided
yeye comment.

22 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Celebrates The International Day Of Education by Authoreety: 7:00am On Jan 25
Obi, no dey use education take play

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Celebrates The International Day Of Education by justking(m): 7:00am On Jan 25
Cheers

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Celebrates The International Day Of Education by Akwamkpuruamu: 7:01am On Jan 25
Makunahatata:
Mtcheew

E pain am

14 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Celebrates The International Day Of Education by PrinceofSarcasm: 7:01am On Jan 25
Good one from the LP candidate . Education really needs to be prioritized in every part of the nation especially the North. Otherwise the North will keep dragging us backwards

5 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Celebrates The International Day Of Education by Makunahatata: 7:01am On Jan 25
Akwamkpuruamu:

E pain am
mtcheew

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Celebrates The International Day Of Education by SimpleDan3: 7:02am On Jan 25
The people's President has spoken, Education remain the best asset. APC errand boys would not like this. grin

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Celebrates The International Day Of Education by Cassandraloius: 7:04am On Jan 25
I love the fact that he loves education.

10 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Celebrates The International Day Of Education by Alhajikd: 7:07am On Jan 25
cheesy
Obi is a great man, unlike one criminal called bulaba

13 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Celebrates The International Day Of Education by Alhajikd: 7:09am On Jan 25
yarimo:
Your bitterness go soon quench you zombie

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Celebrates The International Day Of Education by jeff1993: 7:10am On Jan 25
Watch how E go favor me crew for rush enter here!!!!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Celebrates The International Day Of Education by Alhajikd: 7:10am On Jan 25
Makunahatata:
Mtcheew
sad

Go hug transformer

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Celebrates The International Day Of Education by adesegun121(m): 7:12am On Jan 25
Seen
Re: Peter Obi Celebrates The International Day Of Education by chidiakwari: 7:18am On Jan 25
I can’t believe Nigerians pass on this competent to settle for a senile old druggie. A very known criminal is running Nigeria and the coward citizens are complaining online.

You all will continue to suffer like goats

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Celebrates The International Day Of Education by chidiakwari: 7:19am On Jan 25
yarimo:
I hope that one day Nigeria does not only happen to you but your entire family

8 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Celebrates The International Day Of Education by onuman: 7:21am On Jan 25
Corrosiveman:
Trash as usual

APC'S rented commentators always ready to pounce on Perer Obi who won Nigeria's presidential election but was denied victory by APC'S appointed INEC Chairman and Court judges.
Kwontinue with your hallucinations and the misery you were sold.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Celebrates The International Day Of Education by Bovis(m): 7:22am On Jan 25
Desperado, always visiting and celebrating here and there. Your mind no go touch ground

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Celebrates The International Day Of Education by LEARNPYTHON(m): 7:28am On Jan 25
Re: Peter Obi Celebrates The International Day Of Education by ILoveNG: 7:29am On Jan 25
This yahoo man won’t smell aso rock 🇳🇬
And there’s nothing any noise making labourer can do

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Celebrates The International Day Of Education by Empredboy(m): 7:38am On Jan 25
yarimo:
and was not arrested by efcc? Yet he will tell us to go and verify

9 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Celebrates The International Day Of Education by SeeWahala: 7:39am On Jan 25
I love it whenever Peter obi is in the news for his positive works and then the emilokan crew would be forced out of their slumber to come and type jargons to justify their lack of potent brain matter grin

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Celebrates The International Day Of Education by Obiedun(m): 7:41am On Jan 25
The only thing he is good at. An empty man.
Re: Peter Obi Celebrates The International Day Of Education by Macphenson: 7:45am On Jan 25
Peter Obi concentrating on health and education. Honestly Nigeria missed a great leader in 2023.

Look at what Tinubu with his bunch of incompetent and looting crew have turned our country into.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Celebrates The International Day Of Education by callmevirus(m): 7:48am On Jan 25
yarimo:

Bandits are busy kidnapping people left and right
I still wonder how you fight PO in very thread but when it comes kidnapping, insecurity, Tinubu flying to Paris. I won't see your comments

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Celebrates The International Day Of Education by callmevirus(m): 7:50am On Jan 25
chidiakwari:
I hope that one day Nigeria does not only happen to you but your entire family

I wish him that. That guy na such a big fullll

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Governor Suswam Caught Leaving The Country With Billions? / I Have Decided To Vote For Apc After Watching Apc House Of Change Programe On Tv / ISIS Beheads And Shoots More Ethiopian Christians (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.