Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,495 members, 7,816,178 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:06 AM

Foreigner Scams His "Bride's Family" Of N12.5 Million In Abuja - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Foreigner Scams His "Bride's Family" Of N12.5 Million In Abuja (24416 Views)

Nigerian Man Disguises As A Woman To Escape After Killing A Foreigner - pics / EFCC Arrests Yahoo Boy And His Pastor, Gbenga Adesoju For N12.7m Fraud In Osun / 16-Year-Old Girl Arrested For Breaking Lenovo Phone Screen Of N12,000 (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Foreigner Scams His "Bride's Family" Of N12.5 Million In Abuja by Mynd44: 7:46am On Jan 25

Inna lil LAhi wa inna Ilaihi rajiun
Good morning twitter family.
AWARENESS! AWARENESS!
We need to be very careful.
Our family have been scammed 12.5Million Naira by a 419ner from Abuja.

Last year, October 2023, my family attended a wedding in Abuja. After the wedding, people were leaving and almost every car was over loaded. My sister was left stranded. Unfortunately, a man came with an empty car and said hi, they began talking and he offered to drop her off.

Since her option was very slim, she agreed. He drove her to her destination and requested for her phone number, insisting that he has seen his wife-to-be, and why not they just get married as soon as possible. Bills on him.

He presented himself as a multi-millionaire who runs his business between Nigeria and Cotonou.
The story is long. So, to cut it short, fast forward to their wedding preparations, this January, Invitations have been sent, people are anticipating, and everyone was committed,

He phoned my sister(the wife to be) and told her that two of his containers, each worth 150Million have been seized along the borders of Benin-Nigeria. He needed 25Million Naira urgently to clear it. It was just a week to their wedding. He said he was a multi-millionaire.

He drives different luxurious cars, and uses new model iphones. But all of a sudden, he started talking about renting a house in Abuja and he was planning on the seized containers money. And now, he doesn’t know what to do. His account balance was 5million naira at that moment,

He showed her(the wife to be) and requested she source out 15million Naira for him from her family members. With his 5million naira, it will be 20million naira, and he said one of his business partner was already going to send him 5million naira that evening, and he'll do the clearance, then his containers will be released in less than two days so he'll settle everyone in less than 5 days and preparations and everything will go back to normalcy.

Off course! That was a red flag. But it was as well, our Qadr.

He drives different luxurious cars, and uses new model iphones. He's a well packaged fraud and could convince anyone of us here, even the smartest ones. No single person among our family members had a negative thought about him. I believe it has something to do with Jazz.

Though, that's my perception. We gathered all of the money we had, and even went extra length to borrow from friends, all with the expectation of settling them in less than a week time. The total amount he collected was 12,500,000naira.

At the moment, there's no money, there's no wedding, there's no containers, and the man is no where to be found. His phone went off, and his what'sApp has been deleted. I can not disclose some sensitive information here due to the current restriction.

"It could compromise the operation". But I promise to update you all if there's any development. Why am I sharing this? I'm creating awareness. Please when dating someone, do alot of background checks and verification. Get to know him, know his family, know his mom. Visit them.

Establish real communication and relationship with them. The world has changed. We are in the end times. Please stay safe. May Allah ease our affairs, Amin.

As Told By Hapsat_twits_ on X (Formerly called Twitter)

27 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Foreigner Scams His "Bride's Family" Of N12.5 Million In Abuja by Oloki: 7:51am On Jan 25
Obviously your sister like the good life... Or because you attended a rich man's wedding, you thought everybody present was a millionaire... You didn't do proper finding, you just went with the flow...

The result is 12.5 down the drains...once you start hearing 'my container' you need to borrow legs joined the one you have ....

200 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Foreigner Scams His "Bride's Family" Of N12.5 Million In Abuja by Mynd44: 7:53am On Jan 25
Met last October, already planning a wedding in January.

You contributed 12.5 million for a man y'all have known for less than 6 months. This will only sit right with me if no member of that family has a business or personal need pending

121 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Foreigner Scams His "Bride's Family" Of N12.5 Million In Abuja by luvgurl(f): 7:56am On Jan 25
You mean there was no formal introduction of the families before inviting guest? Or is it one of those Abuja marrage.

112 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Foreigner Scams His "Bride's Family" Of N12.5 Million In Abuja by theophorus(m): 7:59am On Jan 25
There are reasons why the Procedure for Marriage begins mainly with Introduction Ceremony where Families and Friends of both parties are supposed to come together and familiarize themselves.

Break the protocol and you would have yourself to blame.

Some people are already F**king and Impregnating and aborting for their Cousins without even knowing.

88 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Foreigner Scams His "Bride's Family" Of N12.5 Million In Abuja by JASONjnr(m): 7:59am On Jan 25
Everywhere you go.... You see shege

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Foreigner Scams His "Bride's Family" Of N12.5 Million In Abuja by flexyrule(m): 8:00am On Jan 25
Bushmeat don catch the hunter...

In verydarkman's voice - You will learn the hard way.

Stop playing!

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Foreigner Scams His "Bride's Family" Of N12.5 Million In Abuja by markidoo(m): 8:00am On Jan 25
Desperate Wives Vs Well Packaged
fraudster
1:2 FT

62 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Foreigner Scams His "Bride's Family" Of N12.5 Million In Abuja by iwaeda: 8:00am On Jan 25
Mynd44:

You too are greedy, you want to be in-law to a foreigner. grin grin grin grin grin grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Foreigner Scams His "Bride's Family" Of N12.5 Million In Abuja by Beremx(f): 8:01am On Jan 25
Your sister is so desperate for a husband that she couldn't even find out who his family members were? How would she have the wedding go on without his family?

This is a well packaged fraud. Sorry for your loss

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Foreigner Scams His "Bride's Family" Of N12.5 Million In Abuja by oluseyiforjesus(m): 8:01am On Jan 25
Many errors from you people though,or you didn't tell us the full story, no introduction n una dey plan wedding,dats by d way sha....It would be foolish of you people to give him such amount in cash, if it's bank transfer, you people will nab him soonest. Good luck
Some men are Evil......

4 Likes

Re: Foreigner Scams His "Bride's Family" Of N12.5 Million In Abuja by Musty112: 8:01am On Jan 25
So you planned a wedding without knowing his family member, his household or lineage? Ha!

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Foreigner Scams His "Bride's Family" Of N12.5 Million In Abuja by Jestin: 8:01am On Jan 25
The hunter has been hunted

9 Likes

Re: Foreigner Scams His "Bride's Family" Of N12.5 Million In Abuja by Houseofglam7(f): 8:02am On Jan 25
🤭
Re: Foreigner Scams His "Bride's Family" Of N12.5 Million In Abuja by nnanna69(m): 8:02am On Jan 25
Imagine.
Re: Foreigner Scams His "Bride's Family" Of N12.5 Million In Abuja by Westerhoffe(m): 8:02am On Jan 25
What did I just read?

1 Like

Re: Foreigner Scams His "Bride's Family" Of N12.5 Million In Abuja by johnwizey: 8:02am On Jan 25
So all the advise wey u Dey give us now, u no sabi am before? Una wan get una sister married to person wey una no know hin family, friends and background? Everyone for una family deserve 24 strokes of pankere while your sister should get 48 strokes. Dem suppose lock all of una up

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Foreigner Scams His "Bride's Family" Of N12.5 Million In Abuja by We4all: 8:02am On Jan 25
Only dumb people fall for romance scam.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Foreigner Scams His "Bride's Family" Of N12.5 Million In Abuja by BabaCommander: 8:03am On Jan 25
Cock and PIT bull story

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Foreigner Scams His "Bride's Family" Of N12.5 Million In Abuja by DaddyGngeess(m): 8:03am On Jan 25
I am laughing while reading this story so this people uses different format, na waooo, nothing way person no go see or hear for this life shall

10 Likes

Re: Foreigner Scams His "Bride's Family" Of N12.5 Million In Abuja by kestolove95(m): 8:03am On Jan 25
Your greedy sister ND family think say una Don catch big fish not knowing na una b d big fish...

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Foreigner Scams His "Bride's Family" Of N12.5 Million In Abuja by OMEGA009(m): 8:03am On Jan 25
Gwarimpa boys don run you street. Dem don chop your sister and also run una Fam. No be Jazz. You all were just greedy so stop sugarcoating the truth. Your sister was “stranded” in a wedding in Abuja? How did she even get there? Bolt and Uber services work till night. She no get phone ni? She saw “half-caste” and entered lift. The guy saw a Mugu and applied format, chop una family handicap. Now, you want to use religion to gain sympathy vote by dropping religious expressions. Who in their right minds would give their everything plus even borrow to give a 6 month potential “inlaw”? Anyways, like I earlier said, go Gwarimpa, you fit see your “inlaw” dey waka for road but next time, tell your sister not to be fooled by flashy things like cars and “latest iPhones”. She should learn to earn her money and she’ll realize that all those things are wash. Good luck

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Foreigner Scams His "Bride's Family" Of N12.5 Million In Abuja by SeeWahala: 8:03am On Jan 25
I don't know why but I had an erection while reading this news lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Foreigner Scams His "Bride's Family" Of N12.5 Million In Abuja by JuanDeDios: 8:03am On Jan 25
Mynd44:

Trust Nigerians to blame jazz.

If it's a foreigner, I guess they've started collecting reparations for what Yahoo Boys have taken from them. Sebi our Yahoo Boys say they're collecting reparations for the slave trade?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Foreigner Scams His "Bride's Family" Of N12.5 Million In Abuja by Creamypie(m): 8:04am On Jan 25
See format for yahoo boys

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Foreigner Scams His "Bride's Family" Of N12.5 Million In Abuja by Formularcr7: 8:04am On Jan 25
Are you planning the wedding without knowing any of his family member?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Foreigner Scams His "Bride's Family" Of N12.5 Million In Abuja by Hedonisco: 8:04am On Jan 25
If you check well now, one average Joe who works in Railway or Water Board was seriously on her case, seeking to marry her. But alas, he earns a miserable N85, 000 / month, so he no reach. She deserves a 'rich' man. So her raggedy self would continue to believe that a rich man will find her somehow. He has found her, so here we are.

Many women don't have sense, walahi. They're mostly annoying creatures. Always victims of their own unrealistic expectations, to be point of delusion and even insanity.

18 Likes

Re: Foreigner Scams His "Bride's Family" Of N12.5 Million In Abuja by Cineinfo(m): 8:05am On Jan 25
Nollywood movies

2 Likes

Re: Foreigner Scams His "Bride's Family" Of N12.5 Million In Abuja by Myrepublic(m): 8:05am On Jan 25
Your sister gullible ,your full family gullible. Should we call this greed or stupidity? So there was non wise among you to detect that the guy was a scammer?

Because he drives big cars, uses latest phones,you gather all your money and dash him. So that he will return 100m to you,when the containers land abi..

Container on Coutornu Nigeria Sea,abi how you call am, grin

Now your 12.5m don enter Mediterranean sea. cheesy

Jesu Christy... Una gullible sha

Report to Efcc and pray you find him.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Foreigner Scams His "Bride's Family" Of N12.5 Million In Abuja by FireUpNow(m): 8:05am On Jan 25
Your sister and your family want a flashy man and that you people got. Your sister nor get boyfriend before this scammer came? 🤣😄🤣😄

13 Likes

Re: Foreigner Scams His "Bride's Family" Of N12.5 Million In Abuja by StaffofOrayan(m): 8:06am On Jan 25
Nothing like jazz abeg,
You heard the amount at stake and lost ur mind....and ur money, just like most scam victims

12 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

First Time In Prison: Advice Needed / Nigerian Teenager Stabbed To Death In London / Soldiers Kill 9 Boko Haram Insurgents In An Ambush In Borno State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.