Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,153 members, 7,842,312 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 05:53 AM

Rapist, Three Others Arrested In Enugu . - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rapist, Three Others Arrested In Enugu . (852 Views)

Ojo Emmanuel, The Blogger Arrested In Ogun State (Photos) / T.Y. Danjuma Wants Dokubo-Asari, Tompolo, Others Arrested / Canaanland Robbery: 2 Covenant Varsity Students, 4 Others Arrested (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rapist, Three Others Arrested In Enugu . by pilas: 7:39pm On Sep 17, 2007
Rapist, three others arrested in Enugu

By Adelani Adepegba, Enugu

The Police in Enugu State on Friday confirmed the arrest of four armed robbery suspects, including a self-confessed rapist.

The suspects, Ogbonna Ede, Chukwunyere Okafor, Ejike Nwodo, and Tochukwu, were arrested in different parts of Enugu.

Abattam Police Public Relations Officer, Mr. Mike Abattam, said the suspects robbed a woman of her handbag at gunpoint.

One of the suspects, Okafor denied being involved in armed robbery.

He explained that he was arrested for raping a neighbour’s girlfriend.

He said that he had gone to buy a wrap of cocaine at Denton Street, Enugu but the girl refused to sell it to him.

He said, “I was never involved in armed robbery. The pistol being exhibited was not from me. What happened was that I went to buy cocaine from my dealer, but he was not at home. His girlfriend refused to sell to me, and I raped her because she provoked me.”

Tochukwu, a carpenter, admitted selling hemp but he denied being an armed robber.

He said detectives were also on the heels of a robbery syndicate which engaged some police officers in a gun duel last week.

He said the gang had operated with motorcycles and robbed a victim of N250,000.

He said despite the fact that the robbers were wounded, they ran away, abandoning a locally made pistol.

He therefore called on the public to report anyone with bullet wounds to the nearest police station.

http://nigeriaworld.com/cgi-bin/axs/ax.pl?http://odili.net/news/source/2007/sep/17/410.html
Re: Rapist, Three Others Arrested In Enugu . by pilas: 7:49pm On Sep 17, 2007
cry
Re: Rapist, Three Others Arrested In Enugu . by pilas: 7:57pm On Sep 17, 2007
why would they allow a young girl to sell cocaine on Denton street.
Re: Rapist, Three Others Arrested In Enugu . by pilas: 8:37pm On Sep 17, 2007
shocked shocked shocked
Re: Rapist, Three Others Arrested In Enugu . by pilas: 8:52pm On Sep 17, 2007
only in Enugu.
Re: Rapist, Three Others Arrested In Enugu . by pilas: 9:18pm On Sep 18, 2007
:p :p :p :p :p

(1) (Reply)

Tight- Rope Walking Obama / Reps Committee Returns Share Of N300m Loot / What Nigerians Need To Do!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.