Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,472 members, 7,823,099 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:33 AM

Price Of Rice Up 81% In 1 Year, Onions Rise 123% - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Price Of Rice Up 81% In 1 Year, Onions Rise 123% (8435 Views)

Beans, Tomatoes, Rice Record 253%, 123%, 51% Price Hike / See The N200 Onions I Bought This Evening In Port Harcourt / See Onions My Wife Bought For 500 In Portharcourt Today (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Price Of Rice Up 81% In 1 Year, Onions Rise 123% by jaxxy(m): 8:53am On Jan 25
terrible government

3 Likes

Re: Price Of Rice Up 81% In 1 Year, Onions Rise 123% by callmevirus(m): 8:54am On Jan 25
Nothing concern me but E dey mind

Yarimo what do you have to say?

2 Likes

Re: Price Of Rice Up 81% In 1 Year, Onions Rise 123% by oz4real83(m): 8:54am On Jan 25
And no sign that things will get better embarassed
Re: Price Of Rice Up 81% In 1 Year, Onions Rise 123% by nedekid: 8:56am On Jan 25
Funkyswagzz:
Price of dollar is 1390 this government is doing well. Joke apart if dangote would have prioritised production of pms and port harcourt have started by now, we would've seen the impact. One question I keep asking is, are our leaders not aware of the problems we are facing or they don't want to solve it asap?
Oga, anyone that thinks dangote refinary will bring prices down might be mistaken. I also have hoped it will crash prices of products thereby reducing inflation.
The supprising thing is that diesel which sold for ₦995 two days ago is currently selling for ₦1100, increase by ₦105 and the diesel supplier says we should brace up for more increase.
What is the problem with Nigeria for goodness sake? Why is our own always different? In other places, when local capacity increases, cost comes down, in naija, it is the opposite!
Anyway, let's be positive and still hope the price will come down.

3 Likes

Re: Price Of Rice Up 81% In 1 Year, Onions Rise 123% by BeninRefugees: 8:56am On Jan 25
Odogwuzack:

Lol keep mocking those that are obviously doing better than you. At least they are brave enough to confront the president with their needs while your own people die in silence and claim audio Billionaires on social media. grin
Okay back to your brown roof grin
Re: Price Of Rice Up 81% In 1 Year, Onions Rise 123% by Angelfrost(m): 8:57am On Jan 25
The main inflation never even start...!

Everyone should brace up.

2 Likes

Re: Price Of Rice Up 81% In 1 Year, Onions Rise 123% by davidtemi(m): 8:58am On Jan 25
tetralogyfallot:
Wetin never rise for 9ja? May God protect our good health. This is the worst time to fall sick.
Na only God we dey wait for make He arise and clear those animals in power for us in naija
Re: Price Of Rice Up 81% In 1 Year, Onions Rise 123% by Angelfrost(m): 8:59am On Jan 25
Funkyswagzz:
Price of dollar is 1390 this government is doing well. Joke apart if dangote would have prioritised production of pms and port harcourt have started by now, we would've seen the impact. One question I keep asking is, are our leaders not aware of the problems we are facing or they don't want to solve it asap?

Well, in all fairness... There can be no short term or drastic fixes for these protracted issues with the economy.

The solutions meant for long-term won't be seen anytime soon

Matter of fact, it will still get worse than this.
Re: Price Of Rice Up 81% In 1 Year, Onions Rise 123% by Funkyswagzz(m): 9:00am On Jan 25
nedekid:

Oga, anyone that thinks dangote refinary will bring prices down might be mistaken. I also have hoped it will crash prices of products thereby reducing inflation.
The supprising thing is that diesel which sold for ₦995 two days ago is currently selling for ₦1100, increase by ₦105 and the diesel supplier says we should brace up for more increase.
What is the problem with Nigeria for goodness sake? Why is our own always different? In other places, when local capacity increases, cost comes down, in naija, it is the opposite!
Anyway, let's be positive and still hope the price will come down.

I doubt it will i believe there are entities or should say more powerful people controlling this country. The whole thing is so obvious

4 Likes

Re: Price Of Rice Up 81% In 1 Year, Onions Rise 123% by INTEGRITYA1(m): 9:01am On Jan 25
It's so crazy.
Re: Price Of Rice Up 81% In 1 Year, Onions Rise 123% by Confirm4real(m): 9:01am On Jan 25
It's fake joor grin

APC supporters will come after you o...
Re: Price Of Rice Up 81% In 1 Year, Onions Rise 123% by dfrost: 9:05am On Jan 25
Authoreety:
Let's hope dangote brings down the price of deisel and the other jet fuel

You say? 🤣
Re: Price Of Rice Up 81% In 1 Year, Onions Rise 123% by Chachamiliano: 9:22am On Jan 25
And yet they put Nigeria inflation index at 28.1% who is deceiving who?
Re: Price Of Rice Up 81% In 1 Year, Onions Rise 123% by SirLakes: 9:25am On Jan 25
Odogwuzack:

Lol keep mocking those that are obviously doing better than you. At least they are brave enough to confront the president with their needs while your own people die in silence and claim audio Billionaires on social media. grin

People from where, Ekiti,ondo, Oyo, Osun?

Lie to yourself grin

Anyways hunger dey everywhere but e dey give people in the above mentioned area better whooping right now grin grin

They are indeed brave to cry ebi n pa wa oooo when Balablu dey waka pass grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Price Of Rice Up 81% In 1 Year, Onions Rise 123% by Mom007(f): 9:25am On Jan 25
Funkyswagzz:

Funny how you still think dangote is a part of any solution to the problems facing Nigeria! That man is a big problem to the progress of this nation and the sooner his monopoly is broken, the better!
Re: Price Of Rice Up 81% In 1 Year, Onions Rise 123% by Inspirer1: 9:25am On Jan 25
They should let the President be aware of it.
Re: Price Of Rice Up 81% In 1 Year, Onions Rise 123% by History555: 9:25am On Jan 25
When tinubu was in opposition he had the solutions to nigeria problems but since he became president solutions have disappeared

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Price Of Rice Up 81% In 1 Year, Onions Rise 123% by Kingrshd3: 9:37am On Jan 25
slaawomirr:
Damnnn niggar

Were are we going in this nation

The warey we have as president is going to France 🇫🇷 for a private visit when Nigeria is on fire
We warned and warned after what we passed through in Buhari's administration knowing fully well that tinubu was the person that brought upon us Buhari's administration and he was part of it
They allowed tribalism and religion sentiments to do them again

Just imagine
Not only foolish Nigerians
Tribalistic and religion sentimental beings are too many in Nigeria...this 2023 election revealed the problem of Nigeria to be tribalism and religion sentiments

Shutup if atiku or obi enter wetin Dem won do

And they all promised to removed the same subsidy causing all the economy rants
Re: Price Of Rice Up 81% In 1 Year, Onions Rise 123% by ahmadwamba(m): 9:40am On Jan 25
OUR LEADERS ARE AWARED OF OUR PROBLEMS AND THEY WILL NOT HELP.
Re: Price Of Rice Up 81% In 1 Year, Onions Rise 123% by Mrvictorwrite(m): 9:40am On Jan 25
All i can say is that we shall all survive in this country

bring your assignments
Re: Price Of Rice Up 81% In 1 Year, Onions Rise 123% by Angelfrost(m): 9:41am On Jan 25
Suzzytee05:
These days we only eat rice like twice in a week.

Spaghetti has replaced rice in my house.

You eat rice twice a week?!! You even eat Spaghetti regularly?!!

You are doing well! undecided

If I hear say most Nigerians eat rice beyond Twice a month.

1 Like

Re: Price Of Rice Up 81% In 1 Year, Onions Rise 123% by BABANGBALI: 9:58am On Jan 25
E don go

Anything you are doing against poverty, plz take it serious fa 🤷🤷 There is big difference between "have ur seat" & "find anywhere to sit down" 😋😛😜
Re: Price Of Rice Up 81% In 1 Year, Onions Rise 123% by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 10:02am On Jan 25
tetralogyfallot:
Wetin never rise for 9ja? May God protect our good health. This is the worst time to fall sick.
Wages and salaries never rise oooo
Re: Price Of Rice Up 81% In 1 Year, Onions Rise 123% by MT: 10:09am On Jan 25
Re: Price Of Rice Up 81% In 1 Year, Onions Rise 123% by Tochi360: 10:13am On Jan 25
grin grin all this tori no concern the criminal certificate forger bcus him don first talk am se him go continue from where Buhari stop.

Tinubu na full scale calamity grin

Look at the rubbish alajo somolu he employed as CBN chairman grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Price Of Rice Up 81% In 1 Year, Onions Rise 123% by Tochi360: 10:18am On Jan 25
Kingrshd3:

Shutup if atiku or obi enter wetin Dem won do

And they all promised to removed the same subsidy causing all the economy rants

Shut up jarey.

They can never be as bad as this,Tinubu is a colossal failure, He bests bubu in all spheres on destroying the economy of Nigeria.

Forget politics, forget Tribe or Religion nothing can be worse than tifnubu and His Apc structure of suffering and insecurity.

Did Obi and Atiku tell You they are going to remove the Subsidy without putting policies in place to tackle the effects??

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Price Of Rice Up 81% In 1 Year, Onions Rise 123% by Lateef73: 10:27am On Jan 25
Authoreety:
Let's hope dangote brings down the price of deisel and the other jet fuel
Hoping in vain.

He already said last year that he will sell at international rates except government subsidies it.
Re: Price Of Rice Up 81% In 1 Year, Onions Rise 123% by TOPCRUISE(m): 10:29am On Jan 25
APC changes are doing wonders.
Re: Price Of Rice Up 81% In 1 Year, Onions Rise 123% by Beremx(f): 10:38am On Jan 25
Paraman:
President Tinubu should let rice be imported through the land boders
I have always said this whenever the issue of high cost of rice is mentioned. Tinubu should open the borders for rice to come in and watch the price come down
Re: Price Of Rice Up 81% In 1 Year, Onions Rise 123% by Faposky95: 10:39am On Jan 25
you'll soon hear about the book launch of the former Agric Minister and one Former disciple of Bubu will nickname him/her......and talk about how they sought to take this country to heaven.....yayyaddiiiyyaaddddaaaya

save us the Moonlight tales.
yu all bleeped
Re: Price Of Rice Up 81% In 1 Year, Onions Rise 123% by dikings(m): 11:29am On Jan 25
We all know the problem why Nigeria canot be better is TRIBALISM. Now that we know, why cant we simply divide it?
Re: Price Of Rice Up 81% In 1 Year, Onions Rise 123% by tctrills: 12:31pm On Jan 25
DropsMic:
We have no right to complain.
Your solution is don't but generators don't drink clean water and do pay for your healthcare then somehow, all our problems as a country would disappear? I laugh

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is There A Perfect Pepper Blender? / Mamas Over 35 What Was Used To Make Food Taste Before Maggi Came / Nigerian Fried Rice Vs Jollof Rice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.