Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,229 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:01 AM

Obi Criticized Abuja Airport's Escalator, And It Got Closed For Maintenance. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obi Criticized Abuja Airport's Escalator, And It Got Closed For Maintenance. (25570 Views)

Peter Obi Criticized For Visiting Sheikh Gumi / #EndSARS: Rinuola Mocks CBN After It Got A Court Order To Freeze Her Account / Obasa Gets N17m Monthly For Maintenance Of Personal Residence, Guest House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obi Criticized Abuja Airport's Escalator, And It Got Closed For Maintenance. by BluntCrazeMan: 5:37pm On Jan 25
As posted by IkukuomaC

It took Mr Peter Obi calling out Abuja airport authority over inability to fix it's elevator and escalator for them to finally shut it down

We are officially in the opposition..

Peter Obi had earlier posted:
Just yesterday, I saw a heart-wrenching sight of a physically challenged traveller in a wheelchair being carried up the stairs by four men, at the Nnamdi Azikiwe airport, Abuja because neither the elevator nor the escalator had been functional, for the past 3 months.

The situation becomes more disturbing when you imagine that such is happening in our nation's capital, where our dignitaries and foreign investors travel through constantly. This was the same Airport and the same day that our dear President flew out on a private visit .

I have been wondering what is private for a sitting President who is not on vacation to embark on a publicly funded ‘private’ visit.
May I humbly remind the President that he is now a public national asset.

Therefore, all his movements now should be public knowledge and matters of public interest. Even when he needs a private visit like a holiday, family gathering, etc, he should state so, which is graciously allowed, but private visits, like the one he has embarked on now, should be done at his expense and not at public cost. That is part of the cost-cutting measures desperately needed by the nation now. We now require savings of sorts to deal with every little issue that requires attention, like the maintenance of small public assets.

Otherwise, how do we explain as a country, that for the past three months both the escalator and elevator at the domestic wing of Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport, Abuja, has remained dysfunctional?

I often wonder how we the leaders feel traveling in sophisticated manners while the majority of our infrastructure being used by the majority, including our foreign investors, is left dilapidated.

The situation we find ourselves in calls for such drastic cuts in the cost of governance, and attendant savings, to be appropriately used for every minor public good. That is the spirit of the New Nigeria we are clamoring for.

I must however acknowledge some efforts by the President to cut costs like his recent 60% cost on travel but that is still insignificant given the quantum of problems waiting to be tackled like the elevator issue in our prime airport. -PO

86 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Obi Criticized Abuja Airport's Escalator, And It Got Closed For Maintenance. by Arobaga: 5:37pm On Jan 25
The president sane people voted for

Not that useless Amadioha in Abuja with rotten teeth

387 Likes 30 Shares

Re: Obi Criticized Abuja Airport's Escalator, And It Got Closed For Maintenance. by BluntCrazeMan: 5:38pm On Jan 25
Let's continue to keep our eyes seriously on them..

They will have to rush to “Pretend” to be doing the right things.
Then we will continue to keep eyes on them even further.

And then, they will have no other options than to actually do the right things.

288 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Obi Criticized Abuja Airport's Escalator, And It Got Closed For Maintenance. by BluntCrazeMan: 5:42pm On Jan 25
Mynd44

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obi Criticized Abuja Airport's Escalator, And It Got Closed For Maintenance. by tommy589(m): 5:44pm On Jan 25
Good one

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obi Criticized Abuja Airport's Escalator, And It Got Closed For Maintenance. by Topman7: 5:51pm On Jan 25
Ok… That was constructive criticism.

We accept that from Obi.

It is good to have a vocal opposition to keep the govt on its toes.

This is what happens in advanced democracies.

God bless Nigeria.

231 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Obi Criticized Abuja Airport's Escalator, And It Got Closed For Maintenance. by DonBenny77(m): 5:51pm On Jan 25
grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obi Criticized Abuja Airport's Escalator, And It Got Closed For Maintenance. by Shawnnn01: 5:52pm On Jan 25
SEE wetin my people de celebrate

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obi Criticized Abuja Airport's Escalator, And It Got Closed For Maintenance. by Alexis11: 5:56pm On Jan 25
All Nigerian politicians are good outside office, it's always a different thing entirely when they are in power.

81 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Obi Criticized Abuja Airport's Escalator, And It Got Closed For Maintenance. by Feintline: 6:01pm On Jan 25
For the past few months, Peter obi is the one giving tinubu and his team direction.
Even at that, it is so difficult on them to carry full actions because it is so unnatural for them

Peter obi, the authentic and orginal symbol of the new Nigeria which will surely happen.

Any other person is a chinko.

313 Likes 27 Shares

Re: Obi Criticized Abuja Airport's Escalator, And It Got Closed For Maintenance. by Naijanascam: 6:03pm On Jan 25
Shame of a nation......... Push and start grin grin
Escalators that are installed in public buildings everywhere in working countries....

114 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Obi Criticized Abuja Airport's Escalator, And It Got Closed For Maintenance. by Splashme: 6:08pm On Jan 25
Peter Obi is my own president.

That other thief will never be
my president

192 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Obi Criticized Abuja Airport's Escalator, And It Got Closed For Maintenance. by Sangoamadioha1: 6:08pm On Jan 25
BluntCrazeMan:
Let's continue to keep our eyes seriously on them..

They will have to rush to “Pretend” to be doing the right things.
Then we will continue to keep eyes on them even further.

And then, they will have no other options than to actually do the right things.

Peter Obi did not influence anything. On a norm, that escalator, that leads to the boarding gate, breaks down frequently and you will always see that sign after some few hours. So na normal thing for Abuja Airport (domestic wing).

20 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Obi Criticized Abuja Airport's Escalator, And It Got Closed For Maintenance. by Bobloco: 6:08pm On Jan 25
Peter Obi

The president I voted for.

There's this joy I get whenever I remember I actually cast my vote for him, and my vote ensured he defeated the Lagos blueprint builder, beating him blue and black.

163 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Obi Criticized Abuja Airport's Escalator, And It Got Closed For Maintenance. by SeeWahala: 6:09pm On Jan 25
Our chosen one

The peoples choice

The president elect

Oya, watch as the emilokans get booted out of their cold mats to come and cry on this thread in 3 . . . 2 . . . 1 grin

98 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Obi Criticized Abuja Airport's Escalator, And It Got Closed For Maintenance. by SeeWahala: 6:10pm On Jan 25
Sangoamadioha1:

Peter Obi did not influence anything. On a norm, that escalator breaks down frequently and you will always see that sign after some few hours. So na normal thing for Abuja Airport (domestic wing).

So you're now saying it is normal for an escalator in the second busiest airport in nigeria to be breaking down frequently? shocked that nobody should worry about it?

Just because you have corn in your back pocket?

Na wah oh undecided

226 Likes 31 Shares

Re: Obi Criticized Abuja Airport's Escalator, And It Got Closed For Maintenance. by BluntCrazeMan: 6:15pm On Jan 25
Sangoamadioha1:

Peter Obi did not influence anything. On a norm, that escalator, that leads to the boarding gate, breaks down frequently and you will always see that sign after some few hours. So na normal thing for Abuja Airport (domestic wing).

3-Months Something...

90 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Obi Criticized Abuja Airport's Escalator, And It Got Closed For Maintenance. by Sangoamadioha1: 6:16pm On Jan 25
SeeWahala:

So you're now saying it is normal for an escalator in the second busiest airport in nigeria to be breaking down frequently? shocked that nobody should worry about it?

Na wah oh undecided

Just saying it as it is. That escalator breakdown frequently and the engineers repair them. They did not start working on it because of Peter Obi, it has been happening and that is how they deal with it.

18 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Obi Criticized Abuja Airport's Escalator, And It Got Closed For Maintenance. by AcuraZDX: 6:16pm On Jan 25
Sangoamadioha1:

Rubbish.

So why didn't they do the repair before the incident. If you read well, you will see 3months.

Voltron. Defender of the universe

129 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Obi Criticized Abuja Airport's Escalator, And It Got Closed For Maintenance. by BluntCrazeMan: 6:17pm On Jan 25
SeeWahala:

So you're now saying it is normal for an escalator in the second busiest airport in nigeria to be breaking down frequently?
shocked
that nobody should worry about it?

Na wah oh undecided

That we should learn to be getting used to nonsense without saying anything about it.

And he is so proudly saying the nonsense.!!

97 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Obi Criticized Abuja Airport's Escalator, And It Got Closed For Maintenance. by BluntCrazeMan: 6:18pm On Jan 25
Sangoamadioha1:

Just saying it as it is. That escalator breakdown frequently and the engineers repair them. They did not start working on it because of Peter Obi, it has been happening and that is how they deal with it.

So,, can someone tell them to replace all the escalators and elevators entirely??

We're tired of having them breaking down frequently,, only to be repaired after 3-months..

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obi Criticized Abuja Airport's Escalator, And It Got Closed For Maintenance. by Sangoamadioha1: 6:20pm On Jan 25
AcuraZDX:

Rubbish.

So why didn't they do the repair before the incident.

Voltron. Defender of the universe

😂😂😂 Oshey, NEFERTITI, defender of Peter Obi.

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Obi Criticized Abuja Airport's Escalator, And It Got Closed For Maintenance. by AcuraZDX: 6:21pm On Jan 25
Sangoamadioha1:

😂😂😂 Oshey, NEFERTITI, defender of Peter Obi.

Cover your face in shame. You should stop defending things that affect common Nigerians. No be work.

87 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Obi Criticized Abuja Airport's Escalator, And It Got Closed For Maintenance. by BluntCrazeMan: 6:21pm On Jan 25
Shawnnn01:
SEE wetin my people de celebrate

We are celebrating faulty escalators and elevators that constantly break down, and were left in such a poor broken-down state for long.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obi Criticized Abuja Airport's Escalator, And It Got Closed For Maintenance. by SeeWahala: 6:21pm On Jan 25
BluntCrazeMan:

That we should learn to be getting used to nonsense without saying anything about it.

And he is so proudly saying the nonsense.!!

As in ehn . . . undecided my brodaaaaa cry

20 Likes

Re: Obi Criticized Abuja Airport's Escalator, And It Got Closed For Maintenance. by BluntCrazeMan: 6:22pm On Jan 25
Alexis11:
All Nigerian politicians are good outside office, it's always a different thing entirely when they are in power.
Tinubu in 2013-&-2014 versus Tinubu in 2023-&-2024.

Just 10yrs difference ooo

4 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Father Mbaka: Maduka, The Kind Of Governor Needed To Rescue Anambra This Time / Obiano Apologizes To Peter Obi, As They Reconcile (photos) / Anti-Buhari Protests: Arewa Youths Blast South-West Politicians, To Expose Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.