Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,438 members, 7,819,607 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:59 PM

Lagos To Float Airline, Build Airport In Lekki - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos To Float Airline, Build Airport In Lekki (19555 Views)

Peter Obi Couldn't Build Airport In Anambra / South-South Governors Set To Float Regional Security outfit / 2023: Are Atiku, Tinubu In Secret Moves To Float 3rd Force? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos To Float Airline, Build Airport In Lekki by taiwotimitt: 11:45am On Jan 26
Pootle:
why do i remember Tinubu any time i see town hall grin

Because it's different from..... grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Float Airline, Build Airport In Lekki by georgeakins: 11:46am On Jan 26
ariesbull:
Kini big deal?

... Airport that Imo state built single handedly since 1970s and all the airports in South East were built by states

Floating airlines...such a shame what Akwa Ibom has done and demonstrated years ago

So what's the bug deal about these two things ! Why the noise

Airlines that private individuals like airpeace and others are floating that a state like Lagos is disturbing us all

Next post ! I want to see Oyo and Osun airport profitable

Air peace was floated with stolen money.

Only ibos use imo airport, but the proposed Lekki airport will be used by people from all over the world.

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Float Airline, Build Airport In Lekki by spartachico(m): 11:46am On Jan 26
GRADUALLY GRADUALLY , LAGOS WILL BECOME THE CAPITAL ONCE MORE AND BY 2027 WHEN THE COUNTRY WAN SPLIT OVER NEW ELECTION , LAGOS WILL CALL OGUN STATE AND SOME PART OF BENIN REPUBLIC AND FORM ANOTHER COUNTRY ON ITS OWN....THE SPLITTING IS BECOMING CLEARER.
Re: Lagos To Float Airline, Build Airport In Lekki by spartachico(m): 11:47am On Jan 26
i wonder ooo, vast land wasting away
cole19:
Wetin do Badagry? undecided
Re: Lagos To Float Airline, Build Airport In Lekki by TopBanter: 11:50am On Jan 26
blueAgent:

Like I said b4, they are above your peanut brain to comprehend.

You know am not the type, that fake certificates or their Zombie supporters grin grin grin

You need to go and sell your spare parts so you can eat. You're making a fool of yourself bragging non-stop yet you have not made one single factual statement supported by verified statistics.

Just worthless conjectures and "I get this degree and own this and that". Typical empty braggart people.

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Float Airline, Build Airport In Lekki by Pootle: 11:54am On Jan 26
spartachico:
GRADUALLY GRADUALLY , LAGOS WILL BECOME THE CAPITAL ONCE MORE AND BY 2027 WHEN THE COUNTRY WAN SPLIT OVER NEW ELECTION , LAGOS WILL CALL OGUN STATE AND SOME PART OF BENIN REPUBLIC AND FORM ANOTHER COUNTRY ON ITS OWN....THE SPLITTING IS BECOMING CLEARER.

dey play grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Float Airline, Build Airport In Lekki by lexy2014: 11:55am On Jan 26
TopBanter:

What dumb point are you trying to make exactly? There are kias, Hyundais and there are Mercedes,BMWs and Ferraris.

There are 'pako' houses and then Banana Island state-of-the-art mansions. Would it then be right to say because Kia has made a car Ferrari's own version is a copy or that Ferrari is doing nothing special?

Or you want to compare a 'Pako' house to the finest mansions worldwide because they are all houses ba?

Some of you don't know how envious and full of bad belle you sound with silly comments you should keep to yourselves.

off point. that is not what I asked.

are you saying that there are no states in Nigeria that have already built airports and started their own airline?

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Float Airline, Build Airport In Lekki by Truths9ja: 11:55am On Jan 26
Good one from Lagos State government
Re: Lagos To Float Airline, Build Airport In Lekki by blueAgent(m): 11:59am On Jan 26
TopBanter:

You need to go and sell your spare parts so you can eat. You're making a fool of yourself bragging non-stop yet you have not made one single factual statement supported by verified statistics.

Just worthless conjectures and "I get this degree and own this and that". Typical empty braggart people.

E pain you die. grin grin grin

Certificates forgers.

Which verified facts, so I should lie that Lagos was built by Thief- nubu ?

Clown, am not your level.

Go and get a life.
Re: Lagos To Float Airline, Build Airport In Lekki by 12inchess: 12:05pm On Jan 26
ariesbull:

Badagry are not Yoruba they are Eguns and they can't enjoy Lagos they should focus on their Cotonou relatives
A fo.o-l needs no introduction. Lagos is and has always been a multicultural melting pot in Yoruba land.
Re: Lagos To Float Airline, Build Airport In Lekki by Abufo: 12:05pm On Jan 26
Ttalk:
Lagos is a country within a country

Akwa ibom has the best aerotopolis in Nigeria......airport, aircraft repair hanger plus a solid airline........and they do not belittle others! So Eko airlines will not fly to other "poor" parts of Nigeria........or is it going to be flying from Lekki to yakoyo,alimosho,Ojo,badagry and ikeja??

Nobody or nowhere is a parasite in Nigeria ...the problem is some sections of the country using the privilege positions attained after the civil war to oppress and keep others down!!! This is a massive blind spot most yorubas have!

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Float Airline, Build Airport In Lekki by nnewsnjobs: 12:13pm On Jan 26
We lead and Lagos followed.

The airline and airport Lagos is trying to build, we have already build ours.

Almost every standard infrastructure in Lagos was build by Federal Government.

All this Lagos this and that I don't get it.

NPA, FAAN, CBN almost everything from Federal Government is in Lagos, and people are busy shouting Lagos this and that.

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Float Airline, Build Airport In Lekki by albert2512: 12:14pm On Jan 26
lexy2014:

that is not what I asked you.

are you saying that there are no states in Nigeria that have already built airports and started their own airline?

Bros, e b like say Na only airport you dey see for the matter wey dey ground. Enjoy your state airport sir.
Re: Lagos To Float Airline, Build Airport In Lekki by lexy2014: 12:16pm On Jan 26
albert2512:

Bros, e b like say Na only airport you dey see for the matter wey dey ground. Enjoy your state airport sir.

that is not what I asked you.

Re: Lagos To Float Airline, Build Airport In Lekki by pharmagba: 12:16pm On Jan 26
ariesbull:
Kini big deal?

... Airport that Imo state built single handedly since 1970s and all the airports in South East were built by states

Floating airlines...such a shame what Akwa Ibom has done and demonstrated years ago

So what's the bug deal about these two things ! Why the noise

Airlines that private individuals like airpeace and others are floating that a state like Lagos is disturbing us all

Next post ! I want to see Oyo and Osun airport profitable
Why sound so pained with envy?
Nobody mentioned other states, Lagos just announcing his plan and you are green with envy and ethnic hatred.
Please don't kill yourself rather rejoice with other rejoicing

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Float Airline, Build Airport In Lekki by MeineMutter: 12:16pm On Jan 26
cole19:
Wetin do Badagry? undecided

The same question I was asking myself but I got the answer myself.
People who have money would find it longer and tougher to be traveling to Badagry to board planes.
They would rather go to Ikeja than go to Badagry from Lekki, Ikoyi, VI and mainland axis.

Anything from Okoko side is perceived to be for strugglers.

It’s until when that side improves further that they can sight such infrastructure there.

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Float Airline, Build Airport In Lekki by MeineMutter: 12:21pm On Jan 26
My own is that: let them float the airline too on Nigerian stock exchange so that it is self-financing and investors-driven because one governor may come later and not see pumping money into it as a priority.

Lagos Blue Line is an example where Ambode, a well performing governor didn’t see the Line as a priority and left it unattended.

Upon floating, Lagos State government (and May be other Oodua states) can have hold up to 51% of the shares. It should not be more than that.
Whoever feels like selling its stake among the states would know that there are waiting buyers for their shares.
Re: Lagos To Float Airline, Build Airport In Lekki by pharmagba: 12:21pm On Jan 26
lexy2014:

but Akwa Ibom already has airline and Jigawa state built its own airport. are they now countries within a country?
You know very well than this!
Airport Pass Airport!
Re: Lagos To Float Airline, Build Airport In Lekki by pharmagba: 12:22pm On Jan 26
lexy2014:

but Akwa Ibom already has airline and Jigawa state built its own airport. are they now countries within a country?
Except you want to deceive yourself,
Airport Pass Airport!
Re: Lagos To Float Airline, Build Airport In Lekki by TopBanter: 12:28pm On Jan 26
lexy2014:

off point. that is not what I asked.

What if they have? Who cares? Substandard and mediocre is the bane of Nigeria's development.

Only Lagos sets superlative standards and Nigerians have the right to be excited that the State is building an international airport and starting an airline because they know whatever Lagos deliver will be superior to whatever existed before.

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Float Airline, Build Airport In Lekki by TopBanter: 12:31pm On Jan 26
pharmagba:

Except you want to deceive yourself,
Airport Pass Airport!

Simple. Yet don't expect a bad belle hater to see what is obvious.

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Float Airline, Build Airport In Lekki by frankson1(m): 12:33pm On Jan 26
TopBanter:

They're mostly bigots. When you have deep-rooted hatred for others, based on ethno-religious or sectional prejudice against them, then cutting your nose to spite your face seems rational.

Chinedu is the worst fit. Bang average graduate who has not even excelled or stood out as a leader in his core profession, and has zero experience of administration, wants to lead Lagos. A macabre joke.

@Topic. Lagos, even more so than the FG, is the only State that can set up, run and grow an airline.

Ambitious plans and one I believe will be beneficial to Nigeria if pricing will be competitive and considerably undercut the thieves running private airlines across Nigeria today.

@the bolded, is Akwa Ibom state a LGA?
Re: Lagos To Float Airline, Build Airport In Lekki by MeineMutter: 12:34pm On Jan 26
dfgconcept:
How will this airport benefit the masses?

It’s the money they make from it that will benefit the masses, if they manage any money they make from it well o.

Where are the masses even traveling to by air? Masses wey never chop. Airport is for those that can afford it.

Those things that we call airports on Ikeja are eyesores. They are just none sense edifices.
It’s good Lagos State doesn’t build any yeye thing like we have all over Nigeria and call them airports. Those ones are just local sheds.

It’s better Lagos State engages international consultants who have track records in airport designs and building.
We want world-class edifices that can stand closer or toe-to-toe with those found in Europe and any of the MiddleEast airports.

Let them not forget to acquire more land like 10 times of what they currently require o.
If we see what Airports countries like Qatar, UAE and expanding, we would know airline business no be moin-moin.

There’s huge money in running airports. So far you automate over 90% of the operations, you would break-even quickly and start making cool profits. But if you go manual, just say O TI LO.
Re: Lagos To Float Airline, Build Airport In Lekki by Atlantis585: 12:35pm On Jan 26
Pootle:
why do i remember Tinubu any time i see town hall grin

Bulaba
Balablu
Blublu

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Float Airline, Build Airport In Lekki by Shattuck(m): 12:41pm On Jan 26
Fadddd:
But what's the issue with you people? shocked shocked shocked shocked
the issue is obviously with you people, Lagos owning an airline is a nice initiative, but what's up with the constant need to compare to others, like it has been said it is not the first time a state is building an airport neither is it the first time a state is owning an airline, but you guys will always use every avenue to compare yourself and try to belittle others, it is shameful tbh, kudos to sanwo olu
Re: Lagos To Float Airline, Build Airport In Lekki by Theunbothered: 12:47pm On Jan 26
9jatriot:
Lagos ooo, make una take am easy na.

But seriously, I want the names of all those who voted for Chinedu Gbadejo, they all have to be taken for psychological evaluation for attempting to replace a working governor with one that has no track record or anything to show.

You that replaced Ambode, a working governor who first proposed the airport with Tinubu's house boy how is it going?

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Float Airline, Build Airport In Lekki by BreconHills(m): 12:47pm On Jan 26
ariesbull:

Badagry are not Yoruba they are Eguns and they can't enjoy Lagos they should focus on their Cotonou relatives

Not true. First thing to solve on that axis is access. The West African highway will pass through their to Cotonou and Badagry will be a flourishing hub for West African trade. If you have a child aged less than 15 go and buy land there for him or her...lots of it.

There are three ways in and out of Lagos. Lekki has been almost completed and we've seen development there. Lagos Ibadan was the elephant in the room but now that has been conquered- expect more on that axis - train sef dey.

But Badagry is going to be the biggest trading area on that West Africa highway. Togo to Ivory Coast is already done.

Let Naira settle and border open. Action go start.

You heard it here first.

Re: Lagos To Float Airline, Build Airport In Lekki by Lumarstone: 12:55pm On Jan 26
An airport ordinary poor state like Ebonyi built.
Re: Lagos To Float Airline, Build Airport In Lekki by Morenikeji090(m): 1:03pm On Jan 26
Mumu.. badagry is awori land.. so eguns come Into their coz of border.. any nation or state who share borders with one another we difinately face such that badagry face.. so don't teach us our land history we are the one to teach you... Even American facing same from next country around them..
ariesbull:

Re: Lagos To Float Airline, Build Airport In Lekki by highoctane: 1:11pm On Jan 26
Persons who imagined and floated the idea of building an airport in Lekki.
May your names by carved in gold and diamond.

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Float Airline, Build Airport In Lekki by BloomingDale(f): 1:42pm On Jan 26
Ttalk:
Lagos is a country within a country

A lot of other states have their own airport so not exactly newsworthy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari Won't Sign Budget Unless National Assembly Provides Details / Presidential/ NASS Polls: We’re Disappointed, Afenifere, PANDEF, Others Fume / Buhari Appoints Shadrach Haruna As NDLEA Secretary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.