Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,164 members, 7,818,536 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:16 PM

Minister Of Power Is The Worst Minister - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Minister Of Power Is The Worst Minister (1957 Views)

Enugu Minister Uche Nnaji Emerges The Worst Minister Under Tinubu So Far / Ebenezer Babatope: Trump Impeachment, Lesson To Leaders That Power Is Transient / Solomon Dalong, The Worst Minister In Buhari's Cabinet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Minister Of Power Is The Worst Minister by blacknp(m): 9:49am On Jan 28
DMerciful:
But Tinubu has failed you because you ignorantly thought he'd deliver when there's no precedence for that.

Worse is that you're taking pride in your ignorance
Me I am not waiting for Tinubu o, it is only lazy people like yourself that cannot help themselves that are crying President come & help me.

1 Like

Re: Minister Of Power Is The Worst Minister by blacknp(m): 9:52am On Jan 28
DMerciful:
But Tinubu has failed you because you ignorantly thought he'd deliver when there's no precedence for that.

Worse is that you're taking pride in your ignorance
If you are not ashamed of yourself can you please tell me what state of the federation you hail from, and I will tell you what your problem is?

Keep waiting for President in Abuja to come & change your life & those Almijiris in Gombe State, because like the Almijiris, Dmerciful you have shown yourself to be completely helpless.

1 Like

Re: Minister Of Power Is The Worst Minister by DMerciful(m): 9:53am On Jan 28
This is you trying to downplay Tinubu's monumental failure.

Be bold and take responsibility for your inability to choose a leadership that would have brought the generality of Nigerians prosperity
blacknp:
Me I am not waiting for Tinubu o, it is only lazy people like yourself that cannot help themselves that are crying President come & help me.
Re: Minister Of Power Is The Worst Minister by blacknp(m): 9:54am On Jan 28
DMerciful:

Be bold and take responsibility for your inability to choose a leadership that would have brought the generality of Nigerians prosperity
Don’t change the narrative, mention what state of the federation you hail from, so I can tell you what your problem is.

1 Like

Re: Minister Of Power Is The Worst Minister by DMerciful(m): 9:56am On Jan 28
After saying Tinubu will build Nigeria like he built Lagos, which is a blatant lie, you're trying to say that the presidency should not be held responsible for the general prosperity of the economy. Yeye
blacknp:
If you are not ashamed of yourself can you please tell me what state of the federation you hail from, and I will tell you what your problem is?

Keep waiting for President in Abuja to come & change your life & those Almijiris in Gombe State, because like the Almijiris, Dmerciful you have shown yourself to be completely helpless.
Re: Minister Of Power Is The Worst Minister by Justiceleague1: 9:57am On Jan 28
aribisala0:

Expectation must be informed and educated
Unrealistic,illiterate or stupid expectations are for illiterate and jobless trolls
The expectation of the Minister of Power must be based on his mandate
What mandate does the Ministry of Power have in our law of 2024
Is it to generate power or to transmit it
?A ministry with less than 30 workers in every state?
What is its budget?
Clearly you have no clue what you are talking about

You cannot expect mangoes from an orange tree

So inform your self properly before making noise

The people who engaging you are decorous and actually more intelligent and we hope they don't lose it and toe this abusive unintelligent path you are trying to rope them into..truth is,you are just an emotional talking drum saying absolutely nothing
Re: Minister Of Power Is The Worst Minister by blacknp(m): 9:59am On Jan 28
DMerciful:

It is Tinubu that made Dr Ikpeazu to fail his people, it is President Bola Tinubu that encouraged Rochas Okorocha to steal your future, it is Tinubu that gave Willie Obiano the green light to transfer your security votes money to his personal account in Fidelity Bank.

Everything is Tinubu for a man like yourself that cannot help himself? Sunday morning people have gone to church, you are on social media lamenting that your God & personal savior Bola Ahmed Tinubu has failed to turn your life into an oasis?

1 Like

Re: Minister Of Power Is The Worst Minister by blacknp(m): 10:00am On Jan 28
DMerciful:
After saying Tinubu will build Nigeria like he built Lagos, which is a blatant lie, you're trying to say that the presidency should not be held responsible for the general prosperity of the economy. Yeye
Mention what state you hail from, so we can tell you what your problem is, and prescribe a solution for you, since you cannot help yourself, stop trying to change the narrative.

1 Like

Re: Minister Of Power Is The Worst Minister by blacknp(m): 10:27am On Jan 28
DMerciful:
Be waiting for Tinubu, what a waste of money on education, there is no difference between yourself & those Almijiris in Birin Kebbi.

1 Like

Re: Minister Of Power Is The Worst Minister by Justiceleague1: 10:44am On Jan 28
blacknp:
But during GEJ,you were a town crier grin
Re: Minister Of Power Is The Worst Minister by Justiceleague1: 10:49am On Jan 28
blacknp:
It is Tinubu that made Dr Ikpeazu to fail his people, it is President Bola Tinubu that encouraged Rochas Okorocha to steal your future, it is Tinubu that gave Willie Obiano the green light to transfer your security votes money to his personal account in Fidelity Bank.

Everything is Tinubu for a man like yourself that cannot help himself? Sunday morning people have gone to church, you are on social media lamenting that your God & personal savior Bola Ahmed Tinubu has failed to turn your life into an oasis?
You are pointing at someone who's talking about his own president but you are more concerned about the happenings in the east so much you know the names of all the Igbo govs,so much for a self appointed ronu minister of Igbo affairs grin
Re: Minister Of Power Is The Worst Minister by blacknp(m): 11:28am On Jan 28
Justiceleague1:

You are pointing at someone who's talking about his own president but you are more concerned about the happenings in the east so much you know the names of all the Igbo govs,so much for a self appointed ronu minister of Igbo affairs grin
His own President of which country? The truth they say is a very bitter pill to swallow, so I understand your anguish.

Charity they say begins @ home, so judgment must start in your Local Government & State, he who seeks equity must come with clean hands.

Not this hypocrisy that you are purportedly exhibiting in your guilty conscience.

1 Like

Re: Minister Of Power Is The Worst Minister by gratiaeo(m): 12:04pm On Jan 28
blacknp:

One of the major problem Africa has is not holding their leaders accountable. America is good today because they verify their leaders very well before voting them into office but Africa is wetin for miracle from God. My brother no matter how much you have if there is bad government you and your wealth is not secure. There is no reason supporting this APC government after all they have done to our economy and security

1 Like

Re: Minister Of Power Is The Worst Minister by gratiaeo(m): 12:07pm On Jan 28
DMerciful:
It is only a fool that is still supporting APC evil regime

1 Like

Re: Minister Of Power Is The Worst Minister by gratiaeo(m): 12:20pm On Jan 28
blacknp:

"When the Head is Rotten, It Affects the Whole Body". Show me where you lots blamed your respective states Governors during GEJ era. Now you want everyone to turn to their governor because of Tinubu failure.
The useless old fool meet dollar at N750 today dollar is N1400,
Rice N48000 today N62000
Nobody wants to here about security
Re: Minister Of Power Is The Worst Minister by naijapips04: 12:32pm On Jan 28
aribisala0:

The problem is many of you talk ignorantly without informing yourself properly of either the law or reality on ground

What is the function of the Ministry of Power in your understanding?

Yes we have a power problem

The Minister of Power has no power to do anything

Based on legislation passed under Jonathan before he left office power is effectively privatised
Like Mobile Telephony
Let me quote Fashola

Since Privatization took place, one of the things that have happened is that the size of the Ministry of Power shrank significantly”.

“I think our staff strength before I came was in the region of 15,000 and all of that is now less than a thousand people

If you don't know What the legal or lawful function of the Ministry is how can you criticize

States can now generate and distribute
Let all the states sort themselves out

We don't need him then. We should scrap the ministry since it is effectively privatised.

1 Like

Re: Minister Of Power Is The Worst Minister by aribisala0(m): 12:51pm On Jan 28
naijapips04:

We don't need him then. We should scrap the ministry since it is effectively privatised.
You can say the same thing about the communication Ministry
Re: Minister Of Power Is The Worst Minister by aribisala0(m): 12:53pm On Jan 28
Justiceleague1:

The people who engaging you are decorous and actually more intelligent and we hope they don't lose it and toe this abusive unintelligent path you are trying to rope them into..truth is,you are just an emotional talking drum saying absolutely nothing
Shut up. You are a brainless attention seeker. I don't give a shit about you or what you think
Insecure runt
Re: Minister Of Power Is The Worst Minister by aribisala0(m): 1:00pm On Jan 28
Houseontherock1:

The ministry he heads as a minister still supercedes every privatisation of NEPA or whatever. The mandate of the Ministry is primarily to formulate and implement the policy of the Federal Government of Nigeria (FGN) with respect to: (i) Generation, distribution and transmission of power nation-wide (Power). Nigeria doesn't have a mobile communication company but a ministry oversees the activities. My solar system and inverter batteries have not worked for 24 hours till 2024 because there's been zero electricity supply from ibedc in 2 weeks now! Guy should step up his game already
When you put water in a kettle and it is going on a gas stove you should turn off the heat
It is wasteful to leave it boiling without stop
That is what you are doing here wasteful and senseless boiling
Supercede Did you just learn that word and were looking for a way to practise it??

Superseded privatisation? How ? Help me make sense of that? He will nationalise the Power plants they sold?
Re: Minister Of Power Is The Worst Minister by Justiceleague1: 1:25pm On Jan 28
blacknp:
His own President of which country? The truth they say is a very bitter pill to swallow, so I understand your anguish.

Charity they say begins @ home, so judgment must start in your Local Government & State, he who seeks equity must come with clean hands.

Not this hypocrisy that you are purportedly exhibiting in your guilty conscience.
See human being!!!!
See how he said nothingness like a servant riding a horse....

Now what you said in the thrash above, absolutely smoke!
Re: Minister Of Power Is The Worst Minister by nairalanda1(m): 4:57pm On Jan 28
blacknp:
Like I said most of the assets those quacks bought have been seized by their creditors, na damage control we dey inside now, for lack of vision the people perish.

I remember that morning November 7th 2013 when watching on TV Jonathan was all smiles, handing out certificates I was asking myself who are these people in agabadas collecting certificates, he even said it back then, that the future will judge their actions.

Even Eskom of South Africa, Togo, or Republic du Benin electricity companies would have done a far better job than those quacks who went & borrowed money in United States dollars to buy over priced assets.

ESKOM Is currently a big mess. Togo and Benin power companies cannot provide power for all their citizens.

The problem is that privatization of power came with a caveat. Government would set the prices for the power companies for fairness. IN practice, that meant government setting prices so low, DISCOS could not make a profit.
Re: Minister Of Power Is The Worst Minister by blacknp(m): 5:11pm On Jan 28
nairalanda1:

ESKOM Is currently a big mess. Togo and Benin power companies cannot provide power for all their citizens.

The problem is that privatization of power came with a caveat. Government would set the prices for the power companies for fairness. IN practice, that meant government setting prices so low, DISCOS could not make a profit.
No matter how bad Eskom & Co are, they are a 100x better than the quacks Jonathan sold your future to.

Ie, What do the Osibudu’s know about electricity distribution?
Re: Minister Of Power Is The Worst Minister by nairalanda1(m): 5:14pm On Jan 28
blacknp:
No matter how bad Eskom & Co are, they are a 100x better than the quacks Jonathan sold your future to.

ESKOM Is really bad. SO bad, that blackouts are a way of life in SA, power stealing is ever present, no new power station has been built in ages, and even the coal used for some of the plants are stolen.

I held your views until I saw a video last year. One of the saddest videos I have ever seen.

The problem with power in Nigeria...power theft, and government not letting DISCOS charge cost reflective tarrifs. That means discos cannot earn enough profit, and thus cannot adequately pay GENCOS...which is why discos reject power, and why we have 30 licences for power stations haven't been taken up.
Re: Minister Of Power Is The Worst Minister by tollyboy5(m): 5:28pm On Jan 28
nairalanda1:

ESKOM Is really bad. SO bad, that blackouts are a way of life in SA, power stealing is ever present, no new power station has been built in ages, and even the coal used for some of the plants are stolen.

I held your views until I saw a video last year. One of the saddest videos I have ever seen.

Tariff was increased and government bear the brunch.
What else?
Most people use prepaid meter, disco are not expected to charge us as they like in the first place.
Besides stop giving excuses. They're making profit, not until they make excess profit at the detriment of Nigerians before they could provide adequate supply of electricity.

You cannot tell me they're loosing currently.
And I wonder why state like Lagos after so much noise during past administration could not find a better state solution to continuous darkness
Re: Minister Of Power Is The Worst Minister by tollyboy5(m): 5:33pm On Jan 28
nairalanda1:

The problem with power in Nigeria...power theft, and government not letting DISCOS charge cost reflective tarrifs. That means discos cannot earn enough profit, and thus cannot adequately pay GENCOS...which is why discos reject power, and why we have 30 licences for power stations haven't been taken up.

ESKOM is better than total darkness or permanent darkness
Re: Minister Of Power Is The Worst Minister by nairalanda1(m): 5:36pm On Jan 28
tollyboy5:

Tariff was increased and government bearded the brunch.

BY the government. Not by the power companies.

The truth is, government is not going to let power pricing be set by the market...because it means they would get voted out.

WHatever the government does is for its interest, not the sector's interest. Mr POlitican wants to get elected.

What else?
Most people use prepaid meter, disco are not expected to charge us as they like in the first place.

Well, they have not been allowed to charge as they like...the result is losses, three of them being so broke that their creditors have taken over, and one was forced to hand themselves back to the government.

Again, you don't set your price, you have people not paying for power, losses result.

Besides stop giving excuses. They're making profit, not until they make excess profit at the detriment of Nigerians before they could provide adequate supply of electricity.

LOL...if government forced you to sell at a loss, and paid you a subsidy that cannot cover your loss...you would end up not perfroming well..

MTN, AIrtel, GLo and your local provision store work because government does not set their prices, and because all their customers pay to use their service. THis does not happen in the power sector.

BY the way, I am not excusing anyone. If they were charging cost reflective tarrifs and giving us bad service, and I was saying it is ok...that is excuse.

You cannot tell me they're loosing currently.

When your creditors are taking you over, and you cannot even remit taxes to government, something is happening...and it isn't healthy profit.

(Yes, all discos cannot remit tax to government).
And I wonder why state like Lagos after so much noise during past administration could not find a better state solution to continuous darkness

SImple..allow EKo and Ikeja disco charge cost reflective tarrifs. Let power theives be prosecuted. Meter everyone. THere would be enough profit to pay for improvements, pay the GENCOS and TCN, and allow people take interest in building more power stations...because now everyone sees return on investment

Sadly, power is private, and business is not a charity. GOd knows, I wish it was otherwise.
Re: Minister Of Power Is The Worst Minister by blacknp(m): 5:37pm On Jan 28
nairalanda1:

When I used to visit Joburg South Africa back then on 3 occasions, no such electricity black outs.
Re: Minister Of Power Is The Worst Minister by nairalanda1(m): 5:38pm On Jan 28
blacknp:
When I used to visit Joburg South Africa back then, no such electricity black outs.

That was then, this is now
Re: Minister Of Power Is The Worst Minister by blacknp(m): 5:39pm On Jan 28
nairalanda1:

That was then, this is now
They are still way way better than the quacks Jonathan sold your future to.
Re: Minister Of Power Is The Worst Minister by nairalanda1(m): 5:42pm On Jan 28
blacknp:
They are still way way better than the quacks Jonathan sold your future to.

The quacks would have been working, or we would have even gone one better by attracting big names like General electric...IF we had allowed the power sector to charge cost reflective tarrifs.

Not allowing that to happen chased away serious minded companies and people from taking up GEJ's offer, and left the 'unserious'. YOur APC government is still continuing with the PDP errors...because they want to be voted, and are ready to sacrifice the power sector for political power.

Oga, try running a business where 40% of your customers do not pay for service, and where governemt is setting the prices of your service to help the poor. You would see shege, and you would do corrupt things to keep your business running.
Re: Minister Of Power Is The Worst Minister by tollyboy5(m): 5:46pm On Jan 28
nairalanda1:

When your creditors are taking you over, and you cannot even remit taxes to government, something is happening...and it isn't healthy profit.

(Yes, all discos cannot remit tax to government

Sadly, power is private, and business is not a charity. GOd knows, I wish it was otherwise.
The issue is not about getting enough money. I will go with what black said.
It was sold to people knew nothing about the business.
They felt is like the normal contract they bribe their way through and make millions.

Not charging exorbitantly is not a reason because nepa officials are giving people with meter exorbitant bill and the sinior ones might not be aware.
Thanks.
Re: Minister Of Power Is The Worst Minister by nairalanda1(m): 5:50pm On Jan 28
tollyboy5:

The issue is not about getting enough money. I will go with what abisala said.
It was sold to people knew nothing about the business.
They felt is like the normal contract they bribe their way through and make millions.

Not charging exorbitantly is not a reason because nepa officials are giving people with meter exorbitant bill and the sinior ones might not be aware.
Thanks.

And why was it sold to people who know nothing about the business (which is not entirely true...AEDC has some serious investors see here)

Because government offered the package without offering the investor the right to set prices.

We have GSM working in Nigeria because at the end, MTN and co were allowed to set their prices. DISCOS were not allowed to set their prices, and government has done nothing about power theft.

Now, would a serious player invest in such a situation? WHere there would be massive losses and no return on investment?

Our desire for cheap power, and our politicans desire for elected power is why we don't have enough power.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Niger Delta; A Slave Name We Must Get Rid Of In Order To Be Truly Free / Efcc Should Stay! / Adedibu Out! Who's Next?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.