Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,339 members, 7,815,675 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:22 PM

Teacher Flogs David Babadipo, Lagos Pupil, To Death - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Teacher Flogs David Babadipo, Lagos Pupil, To Death (27757 Views)

Unic Vilos Teacher Flogs 2-Year-Old Pupil Who Could Not Recite English Alphabet / Kenyan Teacher Flogs 11-year-old Pupil So Badly He Could Barely Walk (photos) / Teacher Flogs Student, 12 Strokes, For Not Completing Her Homework (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Teacher Flogs David Babadipo, Lagos Pupil, To Death by MrSly(m): 11:58am On Jan 27
talented321:
What i don't like is this maltreating and embarrassing of student/pupil like thief all in the name of learning, there are better ways to caution a child than this cane beating and whatso ever.
Parents send son to school, teacher and school return him as a dead man..
Players go to the pitch healthy and come out a dead man. Accident happens anywhere, death visits anywhere. Flogging isn't the cause but something must be held accountable.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Teacher Flogs David Babadipo, Lagos Pupil, To Death by Crafteck1: 11:59am On Jan 27
illicit:

So if it's the Economy

What's the point of corporal punishment?

Your argument is illogical, you are pairing mutually exclusive events. The drilling is there to TRY to make them better forms of themselves to themselves and the community, you see nigerians that went through their comformative stage in nigeria excel especially in better economy, as for the ones in nigeria the economy is far worse and societal construct is just as bad hence why they tend to delve into those things you mentioned.
Re: Teacher Flogs David Babadipo, Lagos Pupil, To Death by SharingIsLife(m): 12:02pm On Jan 27
illicit:

Suspension

Counselling

Rehabilitation

Mentoring

Remember, they don't belong to the school, they belong to their parents
As schools main job is to teach you subjects not morals per se

Let parents take care of morals at home
As per the bolded, you're absolutely wrong. How can you teach the subjects if there is no way to get the students to submit to moral rules.

For instance, if you want to teach students in a classroom and some group of boys are making a hell of noise not allowing you to teach. You ask them to stop the noise, they refuse. You ask them to leave the classroom, they refuse. You ask them to go home on suspension, they refuse. What are you going to do in how to teach them the subject?

Only ignorant people don't know that education is beyond intellectual development and includes moral, physical development and more and all this is a part of the roles of a school.

1 Like

Re: Teacher Flogs David Babadipo, Lagos Pupil, To Death by uuzba(m): 12:02pm On Jan 27
illicit:
Corporal punishment is not necessary in schools

School is meant to teach subjects, let parents take care of morals at home
And any time the child's morals offends the teachers or any other person in the school, that child should be sent home
out of the school premises immediately.
No time for nonsense.

2 Likes

Re: Teacher Flogs David Babadipo, Lagos Pupil, To Death by Emeka511(m): 12:02pm On Jan 27
Back then in sec school Mr Gindonu uses his cane to hit our head so hard for us to touch our toes before finally lashes out bumbum or back and student echoing coaks coaks... His lashes was very painful with so much coco on our head.

Assuming it's now I for don use blow skata that man mouth swrs ..
Re: Teacher Flogs David Babadipo, Lagos Pupil, To Death by nedekid: 12:03pm On Jan 27
ImoleNaija:
The claim might not be true.
Exactly
Re: Teacher Flogs David Babadipo, Lagos Pupil, To Death by sketching: 12:05pm On Jan 27
Some teacher are too brutal (expressing their frustration on their students) and many students are starving.
Re: Teacher Flogs David Babadipo, Lagos Pupil, To Death by StraightGaay: 12:06pm On Jan 27
Bigseven:
you see that’s why there can never be peace without justice. What’s the law saying about murder ? Let’s not go there self. How do you justify his act with petty ? You flog someone till he dies and you work free ?

Sha! Since you na gay you won’t understand some things.
What has gay got to do with this?
Re: Teacher Flogs David Babadipo, Lagos Pupil, To Death by Adakintroy: 12:09pm On Jan 27
That child may be sick or other cause I Dont think it's possible to flog a child to death. Cane are specially designed to inflict bodily harm alone..not break bone or harm vital organs. It's not possible. Flesh wound don't kill. Unless infections which may take days and are rare.

.but that aside we must understand that pain is functional and useful If you don't inflict pain in the right dose, society may take it up someday..and that may include incarceration or outright killing. Plus many of this children get talk to. Some are very malicious on purpose. Never hear pikin say " no worry na only talk daddy go talk" . In other words daddy is all words and treat no action.
Re: Teacher Flogs David Babadipo, Lagos Pupil, To Death by Bigseven(m): 12:12pm On Jan 27
StraightGaay:
What has gay got to do with this?
a lot man
You no longer think rational na only anus full your brain.
Sorry man I over step
My bad !
Re: Teacher Flogs David Babadipo, Lagos Pupil, To Death by Elemosho478: 12:17pm On Jan 27
Crafteck1:

Wont work.. Even abroad wey dem they do am, see the result.

What is the result ?

In what area are we better than them?
Re: Teacher Flogs David Babadipo, Lagos Pupil, To Death by FireUpNow(m): 12:18pm On Jan 27
Teacher don use vexation kpai small boy. This is pure madness and wickedness.
Re: Teacher Flogs David Babadipo, Lagos Pupil, To Death by illicit(m): 12:21pm On Jan 27
SharingIsLife:

As per the bolded, you're absolutely wrong. How can you teach the subjects if there is no way to get the students to submit to moral rules.

For instance, if you want to teach students in a classroom and some group of boys are making a hell of noise not allowing you to teach. You ask them to stop the noise, they refuse. You ask them to leave the classroom, they refuse. You ask them to go home on suspension, they refuse. What are you going to do in how to teach them the subject?

Only ignorant people don't know that education is beyond intellectual development and includes moral, physical development and more and all this is a part of the roles of a school.

The priority of a school is to teach books not morals
Re: Teacher Flogs David Babadipo, Lagos Pupil, To Death by Bigchristo: 12:21pm On Jan 27
NaijaCoverBlog:

Source: https://punchng.com/outrage-as-teacher-allegedly-flogs-lagos-pupil-to-death/
I have remove my kids from school because of this nonsense act, my daughter was crying I actually don’t understand why she was crying that she isn’t going to school anymore, until a girl in the school came to report that their teacher usually flog them, some people can’t be trusted with kids
Re: Teacher Flogs David Babadipo, Lagos Pupil, To Death by imagrg(m): 12:23pm On Jan 27
Village people doing what they know best to do. grin
Re: Teacher Flogs David Babadipo, Lagos Pupil, To Death by StraightGaay: 12:27pm On Jan 27
Bigseven:
a lot man
You no longer think rational na only anus full your brain.
Sorry man I over step
My bad !
You don't know me let along what I think.
Re: Teacher Flogs David Babadipo, Lagos Pupil, To Death by cocolacec(m): 12:32pm On Jan 27
Adeebiwa09:

Agreed, I have but one question. How do you correct unruly students? I have a long comment to give on the matter as well as my experiences with students. Meanwhile let it be on record that I do not agree to corporal punishment leading to injuries or hurt. So please let me hear your suggestions and any other persons
Unruly students ahould be sent back home.If they resist call the police to bundke them out of the school premises.
Re: Teacher Flogs David Babadipo, Lagos Pupil, To Death by godofuck231: 12:38pm On Jan 27
Em gets to go, Bang bang , he gone go, bang bang
Re: Teacher Flogs David Babadipo, Lagos Pupil, To Death by Inobeyourmate: 12:43pm On Jan 27
illicit:

you have no point with this trash you wrote, so as a teacher, you have to wait till students start addressing you with your surname? Some of yoj just reason anyhow
Re: Teacher Flogs David Babadipo, Lagos Pupil, To Death by illicit(m): 12:46pm On Jan 27
Inobeyourmate:
you have no point with this trash you wrote, so as a teacher, you have to wait till students start addressing you with your surname? Some of yoj just reason anyhow

So in ur stupid opinion

It's schools that teaches children how to walk and talk and table manners

What schools do is refining

So when a child calls you by name, u carry a big stick and break their head

Ofonu
Re: Teacher Flogs David Babadipo, Lagos Pupil, To Death by Inobeyourmate: 12:49pm On Jan 27
illicit:

So in ur stupid opinion

It's schools that teaches children how to walk and talk and table manners

What schools do is refining

So when a child calls you by name, u carry a big stick and break their head

Ofonu
nah arindin you be, nah why you Dey reason like that, anyways, I can’t blame you, nah one of those alaileko omo you go also be while you were in school, if not, you won’t be spewing out rubbish here, apoda
Re: Teacher Flogs David Babadipo, Lagos Pupil, To Death by Bigseven(m): 12:49pm On Jan 27
StraightGaay:
You don't know me let along what I think.
my bad 🙏
Enjoy brother
Re: Teacher Flogs David Babadipo, Lagos Pupil, To Death by illicit(m): 12:58pm On Jan 27
Inobeyourmate:
nah arindin you be, nah why you Dey reason like that, anyways, I can’t blame you, nah one of those alaileko omo you go also be while you were in school, if not, you won’t be spewing out rubbish here, apoda

E be like say dem don flog u for brain

Amukun meko

🥵
Re: Teacher Flogs David Babadipo, Lagos Pupil, To Death by Codeye(m): 12:59pm On Jan 27
Mfs
Re: Teacher Flogs David Babadipo, Lagos Pupil, To Death by Dennisochampa: 1:00pm On Jan 27
I'm sure it's in frustration that the teacher did that nonsense...
Anyways he should pay for his crimes....
We all are frustrated one way or another but venting it out on others is what should never be permitted in our society....
Nigeria must change....
We can't allow disorderly people to reign supreme
Re: Teacher Flogs David Babadipo, Lagos Pupil, To Death by ebenholer2(m): 1:11pm On Jan 27
illicit:

Corporal purnishment will no more be needed in school until the parents take up the duties of morally bringing up their children without disregards.
The moral decadence of nowadays children is becoming alarming just because we mostly parents have irresponsible parents with zero knowledge of parenting.
🧐☹️

2 Likes

Re: Teacher Flogs David Babadipo, Lagos Pupil, To Death by ObalendeCMS: 1:14pm On Jan 27
This is the reason why I don't like to teach in a school. Parents leave their job as moral instructor for the teacher, who's job is to teach subjects.

I can't stomach a child that lack manners & training.
Re: Teacher Flogs David Babadipo, Lagos Pupil, To Death by drezzyx(m): 1:17pm On Jan 27
Even when we were students we were flogged like a thief and very brutally way back for not buying text book even when our parents don't have money at those particular time or pay lessons fees.
Up till tomorrow I have not forgiven those teachers ,I still want to take revenge.
Re: Teacher Flogs David Babadipo, Lagos Pupil, To Death by StraightGaay: 1:18pm On Jan 27
Bigseven:
my bad 🙏
Enjoy brother
Good
Re: Teacher Flogs David Babadipo, Lagos Pupil, To Death by maasoap(m): 1:21pm On Jan 27
I'm sure that advocates of corporal punishment are reading this news. Beating kids and pupils like an animal doesn't straighten anyone

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Top 10 Most Competitive Courses In Nigeria Universities / Two TASUED Students Who Took Sniper Die / Yabatech Director Omoighe Dies Of COVID-19; Hostels Shut Down

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.