Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,405 members, 7,815,882 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:15 PM

Teacher Flogs David Babadipo, Lagos Pupil, To Death - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Teacher Flogs David Babadipo, Lagos Pupil, To Death (27760 Views)

Unic Vilos Teacher Flogs 2-Year-Old Pupil Who Could Not Recite English Alphabet / Kenyan Teacher Flogs 11-year-old Pupil So Badly He Could Barely Walk (photos) / Teacher Flogs Student, 12 Strokes, For Not Completing Her Homework (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Teacher Flogs David Babadipo, Lagos Pupil, To Death by illicit(m): 7:18pm On Jan 27
bukatyne:

And how is there learning without discipline?

That someone abused it doesn't mean it is bad.

Flogging is not the only way to discipline

Infact it's the worst way because it's simply violence

It teaches the child that violence solve problems

You will like a teacher to beat an erring student but u frown at a husband beating a erring wife

What's the difference?
Re: Teacher Flogs David Babadipo, Lagos Pupil, To Death by caesymore(m): 7:23pm On Jan 27
Fuckingmallam45:
How can a secondary school student be called "pupil"? All these illiterate bloggers. Actually, the school denied it, who are we going to believe now🤷🤷. There should be thorough investigation, to avoid the story thst touch.

Na this comment I dey scroll for since, for me to scroll this long before I got it should mean that English is dead and buried in this country or the contest made obscure their blunder.
Re: Teacher Flogs David Babadipo, Lagos Pupil, To Death by StraightGaay: 7:39pm On Jan 27
Bigseven:
I’m God’s son and strongly disagree with your type because it was not so in the beginning. He created them male and female not male male.
I am looking for a partner, I know you are a hypocrite, join me
Re: Teacher Flogs David Babadipo, Lagos Pupil, To Death by tete7000(m): 8:20pm On Jan 27
illicit:

Suspension

Counselling

Rehabilitation

Mentoring

Remember, they don't belong to the school, they belong to their parents
As schools main job is to teach you subjects not morals per se

Let parents take care of morals at home

You guys can contradict yourself, moral should be taken care of by parents, yet you want to suspend, counsel, rehabilitate, and mentor, to what end? If I may ask, why don't you leave those to parents too? Teachers should just come in write on the board and leave. If while he is doing that, a student throw something at him, insult him, bully his mate or walk out at him, he should just overlook and let the parents take care of their children, he shouldn't enforce discipline in anyway since doing that will amount to him doing the parent’s job which is to instil moral.
Re: Teacher Flogs David Babadipo, Lagos Pupil, To Death by Commandoabdul(m): 8:30pm On Jan 27
illicit:
Corporal punishment is not necessary in schools

School is meant to teach subjects, let parents take care of morals at home

Teachers are also not left out in instilling moralism.
Re: Teacher Flogs David Babadipo, Lagos Pupil, To Death by illicit(m): 8:31pm On Jan 27
Commandoabdul:
Teachers are also not left out in instilling moralism.

Yeah sure
Re: Teacher Flogs David Babadipo, Lagos Pupil, To Death by Bigseven(m): 8:31pm On Jan 27
grin grin
StraightGaay:
I am looking for a partner, I know you are a hypocrite, join me
grin grin God should take my life any day I try to join you anus people.
Jesus loves you brother.
I’ll not condemn you but your creator will, if there was plan for you pepu he wouldn’t have created male and female. But you people decided to be like sodom. Kai jama’a! Toh may Jesus touch your heart tonight. 🙏
Re: Teacher Flogs David Babadipo, Lagos Pupil, To Death by Bimpe29: 8:54pm On Jan 27
That was really saddening
Re: Teacher Flogs David Babadipo, Lagos Pupil, To Death by NaBanga: 9:12pm On Jan 27
Now I understand why Mercy Johnson and her husband went to the school to control the principal. Nigerians are very primitive in some ways. You have to show force, lest your child die by another person's hands.
Re: Teacher Flogs David Babadipo, Lagos Pupil, To Death by StraightGaay: 11:01pm On Jan 27
Bigseven:
grin grin grin grin God should take my life any day I try to join you anus people.
Jesus loves you brother.
I’ll not condemn you but your creator will, if there was plan for you pepu he wouldn’t have created male and female. But you people decided to be like sodom. Kai jama’a! Toh may Jesus touch your heart tonight. 🙏
I will touch your ass
Re: Teacher Flogs David Babadipo, Lagos Pupil, To Death by Fenomenal124(m): 3:39am On Jan 28
[quote author=Adeebiwa09 post=128148217]

Agreed, I have but one question. How do you correct unruly students? I have a long comment to give on the matter as well as my experiences with students. Meanwhile let it be on record that I do not agree to corporal punishment leading to injuries or hurt. So please let me hear your suggestions and any other persons

The only way to totally avoid this is by introducing the detention system in Nigeria. Flogging a fellow human being is a crime against humanity to begin with. Na only naija Dem dey flog student like say Dem get beef with the pikin. That teacher now fit dey transfer aggression now u will not know. So the best way is to scrap it out of the system.
Re: Teacher Flogs David Babadipo, Lagos Pupil, To Death by Ayosuccess12: 7:26am On Jan 28
Sympathetic quite amiss
Re: Teacher Flogs David Babadipo, Lagos Pupil, To Death by akeju900: 7:47am On Jan 28
Why do things like this still happen?Why do things like this still happen?...
Re: Teacher Flogs David Babadipo, Lagos Pupil, To Death by Bigseven(m): 10:58am On Jan 28
grin grin
StraightGaay:
I will touch your ass
😂😂 cheesy grin grin werey I cover my ass with the blood of Jesus. You anus licker I reject you in Jesus name. Amen 🙏
Re: Teacher Flogs David Babadipo, Lagos Pupil, To Death by StraightGaay: 12:36pm On Jan 28
Bigseven:
grin grin😂😂 cheesy grin grin werey I cover my ass with the blood of Jesus. You anus licker I reject you in Jesus name. Amen 🙏

You want it so badly, just dm me
Re: Teacher Flogs David Babadipo, Lagos Pupil, To Death by Bigseven(m): 1:05pm On Jan 28
StraightGaay:
You want it so badly, just dm me
if I see you, to chuk you knife for eye go hungry me. Any day in my life I see your kind “anus lickers” around me, body go suppluse for street. Take note
Re: Teacher Flogs David Babadipo, Lagos Pupil, To Death by StraightGaay: 1:42pm On Jan 28
Bigseven:
if I see you, to chuk you knife for eye go hungry me. Any day in my life I see your kind “anus lickers” around me, body go suppluse for street. Take note
Not quite
Re: Teacher Flogs David Babadipo, Lagos Pupil, To Death by Adeebiwa09(m): 5:31am On Jan 31
waldigit:

To be fair to teachers most of them don't intend to hurt student but out of every 12 there's a judas. So government is right by taking position against corporal purnishment because the repercussions of Judas among teachers is always fatal and lead to irreparable loss. So what the teachers should do is limiting themselves to how they dispense such purnishment. As a teacher I could limit myself to just 2 or 3 stroke on the hand or leg. Any offence they requires more than that should be referred to another form of purnishment like cleaning the toilet, cutting grass or inviting the parents. This last one is usually used in developed country.

Yes very excellent response. One other matter is there I understand it may not be believed but I've had experience. There was a lady that I gave a few strokes over 30 minutes later she fainted. One was a slap on the back (I rarely beat girls and when I do I prefer their back it's least dramatic and less sexually related eg harassment beating on their buttock) only for me to see her the next day had a dislocate shoulder.

The challenge is that many of these children especially in private schools for the elite, currently teach in one of the best and have home lessons with some from another of the best, one currently one previous (she's through with uni now), I can tell you for free they are unruly and rude. One that I thought from when he was in primary 4, now in SS 3 wanted to beat me the other day literally. Later he spoke about how they treat teachers and hurt them intentionally especially during sport. If they don't like you no matter how good you are or intend to help them you are gone. The problem is that these are the kind of people we would have from schools, their vices are going to be more. Parents dont have time to train them, teachers hands are tied how do we raise good children? In many places your two strokes sef is forbidden.
Re: Teacher Flogs David Babadipo, Lagos Pupil, To Death by Adeebiwa09(m): 5:33am On Jan 31
victory36:
what happened to expelling or suspending such students 🙄
Hmmm very good points, but you no get the power in many circles. Their parents are the high and mighty, when the governors child attends your school, you know the calibre of people that have kids there judges and captains of industries, judges etc, how you wan take expel am
Re: Teacher Flogs David Babadipo, Lagos Pupil, To Death by Adeebiwa09(m): 5:33am On Jan 31
cocolacec:

Unruly students ahould be sent back home.If they resist call the police to bundke them out of the school premises.
Hmmm very good points, but you no get the power in many circles. Their parents are the high and mighty, when the governors child attends your school, you know the calibre of people that have kids there judges and captains of industries, judges etc
Re: Teacher Flogs David Babadipo, Lagos Pupil, To Death by Adeebiwa09(m): 5:34am On Jan 31
illicit:

Suspension

Counselling

Rehabilitation

Mentoring

Remember, they don't belong to the school, they belong to their parents
As schools main job is to teach you subjects not morals per se

Let parents take care of morals at home

Yeah you have very good points, not every is going to work sha but it's very helpful

1 Like

Re: Teacher Flogs David Babadipo, Lagos Pupil, To Death by waldigit: 7:17am On Jan 31
Adeebiwa09:

Yes very excellent response. One other matter is there I understand it may not be believed but I've had experience. There was a lady that I gave a few strokes over 30 minutes later she fainted. One was a slap on the back (I rarely beat girls and when I do I prefer their back it's least dramatic and less sexually related eg harassment beating on their buttock) only for me to see her the next day had a dislocate shoulder.

The challenge is that many of these children especially in private schools for the elite, currently teach in one of the best and have home lessons with some from another of the best, one currently one previous (she's through with uni now), I can tell you for free they are unruly and rude. One that I thought from when he was in primary 4, now in SS 3 wanted to beat me the other day literally. Later he spoke about how they treat teachers and hurt them intentionally especially during sport. If they don't like you no matter how good you are or intend to help them you are gone. The problem is that these are the kind of people we would have from schools, their vices are going to be more. Parents dont have time to train them, teachers hands are tied how do we raise good children? In many places your two strokes sef is forbidden.

Putting a limit helps in prevention of abuse from bad eggs among teachers. With or without beating we shall still have both good and bad children. In developed world where they don't beat does it mean all their children are wayward. Their education and moral standard is still far better than ours in some aspects of life. This should be enough confirmation to us that correction doesn't necessarily has to be corporal form to produce results.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Two TASUED Students Who Took Sniper Die / Top 10 Most Competitive Courses In Nigeria Universities / Yabatech Director Omoighe Dies Of COVID-19; Hostels Shut Down

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.