Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,204 members, 7,815,192 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:50 AM

Teacher Flogs David Babadipo, Lagos Pupil, To Death - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Teacher Flogs David Babadipo, Lagos Pupil, To Death (27754 Views)

Unic Vilos Teacher Flogs 2-Year-Old Pupil Who Could Not Recite English Alphabet / Kenyan Teacher Flogs 11-year-old Pupil So Badly He Could Barely Walk (photos) / Teacher Flogs Student, 12 Strokes, For Not Completing Her Homework (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Teacher Flogs David Babadipo, Lagos Pupil, To Death by NaijaCoverBlog(m): 10:52am On Jan 27
Pandemonium erupted at Araromi Ilogbo Secondary School in Oko Afo, Lagos, as pupils of the school protested the demise of one of their colleagues who was allegedly flogged to death by a teacher.

The incident was said to have occurred on Thursday when the deceased, identified as David Babadipo, was allegedly flogged by the teacher whose name was given as Oluwale.

It was gathered that the 16-year-old who had been ill for some days was rushed to a hospital after he was flogged where he was confirmed dead.

In a video seen by our correspondent on Friday, many pupils of the school could be seen running helter-skelter within the school compound and outside its premises.

A voice in the background could be heard narrating that the deceased pupil wanted to go out to purchase something when he was allegedly flogged by a teacher leading to his demise.

Commenting on the video, an social media user, Mama Sassy D, wrote, “This is my vicinity. They have started rioting already. The said teacher might not survive this period.”

However, a Facebook user, Esther Wusu, refuted the claim that the pupil was flogged to death, adding the name of the teacher given was that of the school’s vice principal.

“First and foremost, Mr Oluwale is a Vice Principal and he didn’t beat him for not paying attention in class because he doesn’t teach, he didn’t even beat him at all.

“That child has (sic) been sick since Tuesday and the parent didn’t take him to the hospital. It got worse yesterday afternoon after the break and they called his parent to come to pick him up,” she wrote.

Meanwhile, another Facebook user, Bangose Jide, in a post wrote, “Teacher beat (sic) David Babadipo, 16-year-old to death at Araromi-Ilogbo Senior Secondary School, Oko-Afo.

“The teacher is named Mr Olawale, (a) vice principal. The case has been reported to the Morogbo Police Station at Badagry Expressway, Lagos State. David Babadipo was a native of Ipoti Ekiti State.”

The state Police Public Relations Officer, Benjamin Hundeyin, had yet to confirm whether the case was reported at the station as a text message sent to enquire from him had not been responded to as of the time of filing this report.

Efforts to also get the school to comment on the matter were futile as calls made to the contact phone number failed to go through and a text sent to it by our correspondent was not replied to.

Source: https://punchng.com/outrage-as-teacher-allegedly-flogs-lagos-pupil-to-death/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Teacher Flogs David Babadipo, Lagos Pupil, To Death by NaijaCoverBlog(m): 10:52am On Jan 27
What Is This Life Turning Into, BIKO NNU ooo

4 Likes

Re: Teacher Flogs David Babadipo, Lagos Pupil, To Death by EreluRoz: 10:56am On Jan 27
Very sad

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Teacher Flogs David Babadipo, Lagos Pupil, To Death by illicit(m): 10:59am On Jan 27
Corporal punishment is not necessary in schools

School is meant to teach subjects, let parents take care of morals at home

55 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Teacher Flogs David Babadipo, Lagos Pupil, To Death by talented321: 11:09am On Jan 27
What i don't like is this maltreating and embarrassing of student/pupil like thief all in the name of learning, there are better ways to caution a child than this cane beating and whatso ever.
Parents send son to school, teacher and school return him as a dead man..

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Teacher Flogs David Babadipo, Lagos Pupil, To Death by ImoleNaija: 11:11am On Jan 27
The claim might not be true.

11 Likes

Re: Teacher Flogs David Babadipo, Lagos Pupil, To Death by Bigseven(m): 11:11am On Jan 27
WTF
This man should be killed by use him to feed lions
Shikenan

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Teacher Flogs David Babadipo, Lagos Pupil, To Death by Macdeey: 11:12am On Jan 27
cool

1 Like

Re: Teacher Flogs David Babadipo, Lagos Pupil, To Death by oluseyiforjesus(m): 11:12am On Jan 27
Wen dey pray for you dat "o ni Ri alakoba" please say a Big Amen

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Teacher Flogs David Babadipo, Lagos Pupil, To Death by NaijaCuzin: 11:12am On Jan 27
It's high time the government ban flogging in schools

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Teacher Flogs David Babadipo, Lagos Pupil, To Death by Hajokexyz: 11:13am On Jan 27
There are Better ways of punishment asides flogging.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Teacher Flogs David Babadipo, Lagos Pupil, To Death by itumafriday(m): 11:13am On Jan 27
Terrible things happening everywhere it's a pity
Re: Teacher Flogs David Babadipo, Lagos Pupil, To Death by Adeebiwa09(m): 11:14am On Jan 27
illicit:
Corporal punishment is not necessary in schools

Agreed, I have but one question. How do you correct unruly students? I have a long comment to give on the matter as well as my experiences with students. Meanwhile let it be on record that I do not agree to corporal punishment leading to injuries or hurt. So please let me hear your suggestions and any other persons

29 Likes

Re: Teacher Flogs David Babadipo, Lagos Pupil, To Death by oluwaseyi0: 11:14am On Jan 27
Hmmn
Re: Teacher Flogs David Babadipo, Lagos Pupil, To Death by money121(m): 11:14am On Jan 27
Chaii
Re: Teacher Flogs David Babadipo, Lagos Pupil, To Death by Emyogalanya: 11:14am On Jan 27
So sad
Re: Teacher Flogs David Babadipo, Lagos Pupil, To Death by jaxxy(m): 11:14am On Jan 27
barbaric practices like that's the only way to punish or correct a child.
Re: Teacher Flogs David Babadipo, Lagos Pupil, To Death by okomile(f): 11:15am On Jan 27
Denial left right centre

Who will say d truth
Re: Teacher Flogs David Babadipo, Lagos Pupil, To Death by KingDash09(m): 11:15am On Jan 27
Make them flog the man too
But with iron.. just kill person pikin for nothing
Them go tell me weather Naso oyinbo people dey do

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Teacher Flogs David Babadipo, Lagos Pupil, To Death by Fuckingmallam45(m): 11:16am On Jan 27
How can a secondary school student be called "pupil"? All these illiterate bloggers. Actually, the school denied it, who are we going to believe now🤷🤷. There should be thorough investigation, to avoid the story thst touch.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Teacher Flogs David Babadipo, Lagos Pupil, To Death by G00dharddick: 11:16am On Jan 27
Flogging in school should be banned ASAP!
Re: Teacher Flogs David Babadipo, Lagos Pupil, To Death by jmoore(m): 11:16am On Jan 27
FAKE NEWS
Re: Teacher Flogs David Babadipo, Lagos Pupil, To Death by Dididrumz(m): 11:17am On Jan 27
Why do things like this still happen?
Re: Teacher Flogs David Babadipo, Lagos Pupil, To Death by illicit(m): 11:18am On Jan 27
Adeebiwa09:

Agreed, I have but one question. How do you correct unruly students? I have a long comment to give on the matter as well as my experiences with students. Meanwhile let it be on record that I do not agree to corporal punishment leading to injuries or hurt. So please let me hear your suggestions and any other persons

Suspension

Counselling

Rehabilitation

Mentoring

Remember, they don't belong to the school, they belong to their parents
As schools main job is to teach you subjects not morals per se

Let parents take care of morals at home

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Teacher Flogs David Babadipo, Lagos Pupil, To Death by free2ryhme: 11:18am On Jan 27
Re: Teacher Flogs David Babadipo, Lagos Pupil, To Death by foleskay(m): 11:18am On Jan 27
undecided
Re: Teacher Flogs David Babadipo, Lagos Pupil, To Death by Tjra: 11:19am On Jan 27
free2ryhme:

E don buy market
The market plenty no be small. Hin own don be
Re: Teacher Flogs David Babadipo, Lagos Pupil, To Death by foleskay(m): 11:20am On Jan 27
undecided
Sultechng:
Too bad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

ASUU Strike - Students’ Peaceful Protest Turns Bloody In Delta (photos) / Two TASUED Students Who Took Sniper Die / Yabatech Director Omoighe Dies Of COVID-19; Hostels Shut Down

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.