Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,984 members, 7,814,352 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:31 AM

Is 1 Million Naira Enough For Wedding In This Time And Age ? - Events (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Is 1 Million Naira Enough For Wedding In This Time And Age ? (16998 Views)

Biker Arrives His Wedding In Style (Photo, Video) / Is 1.5million Naira Enough To Do A Low Budget Traditional And Church Wedding? / Female 'Best Man' Steals The Show At Her Brother's Wedding In Akwa Ibom. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is 1 Million Naira Enough For Wedding In This Time And Age ? by FireUpNow(m): 2:36pm On Jan 29
beekind:
Like I said, can a couple plan a wedding within a budget of 1 million naira ?
This will include, bride prices, clothes, feeding of guests e.t.c.

Yes na! Na full community you to fees abi wetin? This era na to do according to your power. Who drink touch him mouth make e go, who food touch mouth e good for am. Remember that you are not a billionaires's son

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is 1 Million Naira Enough For Wedding In This Time And Age ? by Sylva2147: 2:40pm On Jan 29
It baffles me how Nigerians spend millions for their wedding but after the wedding they will start looking for a hundred thousand to start up a business.

You owe no one explanation on why you choose to do a low budget wedding because none of those whom you impressed with your wedding will come to your rescue when you are looking for support.

Cut your court according the material available.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is 1 Million Naira Enough For Wedding In This Time And Age ? by Streetmovement(m): 2:45pm On Jan 29
Wotoporiously cool speaking

Depends on who and who is involved.

Some people want it high key while some want it low key irrespective of status, so do wetin you know say go favour you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is 1 Million Naira Enough For Wedding In This Time And Age ? by nkemjacob2(m): 2:46pm On Jan 29
Yes depending on your planning.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is 1 Million Naira Enough For Wedding In This Time And Age ? by maasoap(m): 2:51pm On Jan 29
Greystone:
In this wicked economy, N1m will only be enough if you want to wear simple shirt and trouser/ simple dress as wedding gown, have no wedding reception, cut small cake, and only give out homemade Zobo drink and biscuits/ puff-puff to the guests

The prices of all these things you listed, as high as prices of commodities are these days are not above 100k. But here, we're talking about 1m naira
Re: Is 1 Million Naira Enough For Wedding In This Time And Age ? by maasoap(m): 2:54pm On Jan 29
LordIsaac:
If it’s strictly wedding devoid of ego, less than 50k will run it comfortably (I assumed you’ve bought the bride already from her family).

It depends on the regions/tribes. Because Yorubas and Northerners don't sell their daughters, na free gifts grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is 1 Million Naira Enough For Wedding In This Time And Age ? by SpaceAngel: 3:02pm On Jan 29
Cut your coat according to your cloth. Remember wedding is just one day and marriage is supposed to last for ever. It's better you have a nice marriage and a manageable wedding, than a flamboyant wedding and a perilous marriage.

If one million is what you can afford budget based on that, don't go and borrow to do wedding too. There's a whole lot to do with money after wedding. That's when you'll know that love only doesn't sustain marriage.
A word is enough for the wise

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is 1 Million Naira Enough For Wedding In This Time And Age ? by Lex4us: 3:12pm On Jan 29
add it another one million

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is 1 Million Naira Enough For Wedding In This Time And Age ? by LordIsaac(m): 3:15pm On Jan 29
maasoap:

It depends on the regions/tribes. Because Yorubas and Northerners don't sell their daughters, na free gifts grin grin grin
That’s true tho.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is 1 Million Naira Enough For Wedding In This Time And Age ? by Johnbmc(m): 3:16pm On Jan 29
you did not include the Photography part of the event..

Anyway, i am a professional photographer base in Lagos: WhatsApp number: 07038403157. IG: @destination.ng
Re: Is 1 Million Naira Enough For Wedding In This Time And Age ? by Reptyle(m): 3:33pm On Jan 29
beekind:

1 million naira is more than enough for a wedding. But a lot depends on the kind of wedding and your understanding of what a wedding really is.

To start with, you do not need to invite the whole of your kith and kin for the program. During my wedding, I looked around the hall at the multitude of people and found I did not know more that 15 people in the crowd that well. Truth is that they had no business attending my wedding. You also do not need to have a public wedding or a reception afterwards.

Plan for ONE wedding. There is no need to do both Traditional and English. They are both valid before the law and before God so pick 1. If you want to go English, you can arrange with your pastor to have the wedding in his office with only your parents and witnesses present. If you want to go traditional, you can have it in a living room with only members of the immediate family present. If you must have refreshments after either of the event, and that is a big IF, plan for a crowd of no more than 100, preferably less, and have takeaway packs and drinks. At 4 or 5 thousand per pack, you should be able to keep your budget down. Use your own clothes for the wedding. But if you must wear something extra special, consider renting rather than making them.

Unfortunately, there are some cultures that have turned marriage to a business endeavor so get familiar with the culture of the woman you want to marry and plan accordingly. No gree for anybody cheesy

Good luck!

1 Like

Re: Is 1 Million Naira Enough For Wedding In This Time And Age ? by AkhereOkaka(m): 3:33pm On Jan 29
dawnomike:
If you and your wife to be choose to be conservative. Yes, it is!

It won't be, things are very expensive. Got wedded last year. Items on the marriage list( I mean for the bride's family) gulped almost 600k including 20k for bride price, which I was given back by my wife Dad to take care of her daughter.
Mind you I'm from Edo state.

To be candid with you it won't be enough.

We rise by lifting others
Re: Is 1 Million Naira Enough For Wedding In This Time And Age ? by Penboy: 3:35pm On Jan 29
princemillla:

Am an event planner.

With current situation of economy, yes you can plan wedding with 1m naira but with guest of 20 to 50 only. .except the bride price which should never comes into ur budget.

Please how should someone budget for a good wedding in place like state state?
With like 300 guests.
Re: Is 1 Million Naira Enough For Wedding In This Time And Age ? by CondemnBattery(f): 3:43pm On Jan 29
You must be a thief.
Instead of you to just tell him to cut his coat according to his clothe. You can as well donate for them....
EreluRoz:
It's not enough

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is 1 Million Naira Enough For Wedding In This Time And Age ? by usagee36: 3:50pm On Jan 29
What is the profit of spending money on marriage? Go to court with both families and eat at home with few invited friends.

1 Like

Re: Is 1 Million Naira Enough For Wedding In This Time And Age ? by ericmor: 3:55pm On Jan 29
LordIsaac:
If it’s strictly wedding devoid of ego, less than 50k will run it comfortably (I assumed you’ve bought the bride already from her family).

So dem dey buy bride now? Wife wa I use money buy, how e no go expire
Re: Is 1 Million Naira Enough For Wedding In This Time And Age ? by Abagworo(m): 4:07pm On Jan 29
1 million Naira is more than enough. I spent about 5 million during mine 12 years ago which is valued at about 25 million today but that was a stupid waste that I regretted. The best weddings are the simple ones with low spending and zero debt.

1 Like

Re: Is 1 Million Naira Enough For Wedding In This Time And Age ? by Babaibeji2020(m): 4:15pm On Jan 29
Greystone:
In this wicked economy, N1m will only be enough if you want to wear simple shirt and trouser/ simple dress as wedding gown, have no wedding reception, cut small cake, and only give out homemade Zobo drink and biscuits/ puff-puff to the guests
If the wife to be accepts those things mentioned, then do it.
Marriage ends after the wedding brouhaha.......I shocked my in-laws, shocked my family, infact I shocked every God darm person during my wedding. I've been enjoying marital bliss for the past 6 years because I never listened to anybody......!

1 Like

Re: Is 1 Million Naira Enough For Wedding In This Time And Age ? by franklingud(m): 4:20pm On Jan 29
I had my wedding with my wife this 2nd January, we did it in her village to cut cost. Yet I spent more than N3m doing everything.
Wine carrying, church wedding rites, traditional wedding the same day, reception.
Things are getting more expensive daily.

So tbh with you N1m can never be enough my brother. Only the grace of God will do it for you as He did for me. 🙏🏽
Re: Is 1 Million Naira Enough For Wedding In This Time And Age ? by lesson44: 4:24pm On Jan 29
Yes, perform the bride family rites, I hope the girl no be Ibo. do marriage registry with you and wife and 2 witnesses. After signing your marriage certificate, take Uber to the nearest eatery for entertainment.
Re: Is 1 Million Naira Enough For Wedding In This Time And Age ? by callmevirus(m): 4:39pm On Jan 29
hakeemhakeem:
To some 10 millions is not enough so don't do more than your pocket

You get brain
Re: Is 1 Million Naira Enough For Wedding In This Time And Age ? by ednut1(m): 4:54pm On Jan 29
Do court wedding, give the family what ever you have from the balance. Move on with your life
Re: Is 1 Million Naira Enough For Wedding In This Time And Age ? by ttobizz(m): 5:00pm On Jan 29
Depends on who and where you're marrying from
Re: Is 1 Million Naira Enough For Wedding In This Time And Age ? by Trustworthiness: 5:09pm On Jan 29
thesicilian:
The marriage is more important than the wedding, so irrespective of how much you end up spending for the celebrations, make sure you have enough to take care of the home after.

Thanks for this rare advice.

Majority of people overlooked that life with your partner after the wedding day is far more important than the expenses of the wedding day itself. We spend too much for a day event, forgetting that a lot will be required after the wedding day.

I remember vividly that I spend less than 150k as at 2008 when others had been spending millions for wedding day. Out of the 150k, I do not spend personally more than 70k which I hand over to my in-law with a plan of expenditure. My wife made sure it was spent as I told her to do so. Because, I had made it clear nothing else is going to be spent by me.

1 Like

Re: Is 1 Million Naira Enough For Wedding In This Time And Age ? by Neddyogu(m): 5:18pm On Jan 29
Even if u budget 10 million, it would still not be enough, so spend within ur means. Man, know thine self.
Re: Is 1 Million Naira Enough For Wedding In This Time And Age ? by porthouse7(f): 5:25pm On Jan 29
beekind:
all you need is 50k , honey, sugarcane, palm oil and kolanut nothing more
Re: Is 1 Million Naira Enough For Wedding In This Time And Age ? by agentarcher(m): 5:25pm On Jan 29
It's more than enough, marriage starts after wedding. Do not let anyone pressure you into spending unnecessary money just to show off for one day to people that will mock and laugh at you when issues start to come up in your marriage. Normally na people suppose do for you for your wedding, because they are coming to witness and celebrate your union. It is instead a Friday and Saturday event where people go to show off at the expense of the groom's pocket. Do according to your power. The remaining money put it in savings for your unborn children. Plan with your future wife to be.
Re: Is 1 Million Naira Enough For Wedding In This Time And Age ? by CharlesofJesus: 5:27pm On Jan 29
1. Venue:

Venue Rental: 150,000 Naira
Look for affordable event halls or community centers that can accommodate your guest count.
Catering:
2. Catering (Food and Drinks): 400,000 Naira

Negotiate a catering package that includes a simple but delicious menu for your guests.
Decor:

3. Decoration: 100,000 Naira

Decorate the venue with simple and elegant decor. Consider seasonal flowers and affordable fabrics.
Attire:
4. Bride and Groom Attire: 150,000 Naira

Explore options for budget-friendly wedding attire.
Photography/Videography:

5. Photography and Videography: 80,000 Naira

Hire a local photographer and videographer for coverage during the ceremony and reception.
Entertainment:
6. Music/Entertainment: 50,000 Naira

Consider hiring a DJ or a local band for music during the reception.
Stationery:
7. Invitations and Stationery: 20,000 Naira

Choose affordable invitation cards and digital alternatives to save costs.
Cake:
8. Wedding Cake: 30,000 Naira

Order a simple but elegant wedding cake.
Miscellaneous:
9. Wedding Rings: 20,000 Naira

Consider more affordable ring options.
Transportation: 0 Naira (if the ceremony and reception are in the same venue)
If the venues are different, allocate a small budget for transportation.
Contingency:
11. Contingency Fund: 0 Naira (Allocate 20,000 Naira for unexpected expenses)

Total Budget: 1,000,000 Naira

Tips:

Negotiate with vendors for the best rates.
Consider DIY options for some aspects of the wedding.
Prioritize aspects of the wedding that are most important to you.
Keep the guest list manageable to stay within budget.
Remember that this is a basic budget plan, and costs may vary. Be flexible, prioritize what matters most to you, and enjoy your special day!

2 Likes

Re: Is 1 Million Naira Enough For Wedding In This Time And Age ? by Gidigrav(m): 5:55pm On Jan 29
I wouldn't even spend up to that i don't need church wedding cos we use to copying i go to the court pay bride price instead i use that money to open shop for my wife or fly us abroad to stay i don't have any one am oppression any amount I spent doesn't make marriage strong no fall under pressure
Re: Is 1 Million Naira Enough For Wedding In This Time And Age ? by Basseybruce: 6:15pm On Jan 29
Depends, it can be enough, it all boils down to your personality. Don't overdo stuff... Just do the basics MODERATELY... You will be fine. Even below that, you can still be fine.
Re: Is 1 Million Naira Enough For Wedding In This Time And Age ? by 7upnigeria: 6:18pm On Jan 29
beekind:

Use your sense. It's usually extravagant marriages that dont last long. Your in-laws eyes are already on money, wisen up.
Re: Is 1 Million Naira Enough For Wedding In This Time And Age ? by bjdon: 6:19pm On Jan 29
beekind:
You people really need to ask proper questions if you want correct answers

Where is the wedding being held? A wedding in Ilorin or Asaba, will be cheaper than a wedding in Abuja or Lagos
Where is the reception planned?
Roughly how many guests
Is it Traditional and Church, Traditional and Registry, Church only, Registry only, Islamic Wedding...?

If you supply all these details, then you will get more accurate answers

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lady Recounts Her Near-death Experience At A Newly-opened Waterpark In Lagos VID / Pictures From The Lagos Countdown Concert 2012 / Summer Bbq Was A Success!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.