Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,266 members, 7,815,438 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:26 PM

Is 1 Million Naira Enough For Wedding In This Time And Age ? - Events (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Is 1 Million Naira Enough For Wedding In This Time And Age ? (17006 Views)

Biker Arrives His Wedding In Style (Photo, Video) / Is 1.5million Naira Enough To Do A Low Budget Traditional And Church Wedding? / Female 'Best Man' Steals The Show At Her Brother's Wedding In Akwa Ibom. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is 1 Million Naira Enough For Wedding In This Time And Age ? by Mom007(f): 6:47pm On Jan 29
Yes. Use it wisely. First get a court registration. Few witnesses and light refreshments for them after. Then do traditional wedding, pay her bride price. I hope you are not marrying from a really expensive place and not travelling. Meet your inlaws and find out exactly what the financial obligation is and set that aside so that you dont spend it. Do your reception in an open field or in her fathers compound with rented chairs and canopy. Cook 1 bag of rice as jollof and make semolina and egusi and efo riro as your swallow option. Use fried fish if thats what you can afford. Use family and friends for the cooking, dont hire any yeye catherer, most are thieves anyway... and buy bottle minerals and pure water. D.j is a must as music is very important. No church wedding, just thanks giving and prayers after the traditional marriage at your local church.
Most of the people screaming no you can't, do not have 50k in their account yet cannot encourage another person who has managed to save up 1 whole million in this economy... terrible!

1 Like

Re: Is 1 Million Naira Enough For Wedding In This Time And Age ? by princemillla(m): 7:02pm On Jan 29
Penboy:

Please how should someone budget for a good wedding in place like state state?
With like 300 guests.

Your question is not clear sir
Re: Is 1 Million Naira Enough For Wedding In This Time And Age ? by stampo: 7:07pm On Jan 29
Yes it's possible..

But it's just inside your house u will do the wedding with only your family members..

U go even get change from the 1m..
Re: Is 1 Million Naira Enough For Wedding In This Time And Age ? by nedekid: 7:14pm On Jan 29
Nothing is impossible.
Cut yah coat to your size.
Re: Is 1 Million Naira Enough For Wedding In This Time And Age ? by gratefulheart(m): 7:24pm On Jan 29
You guys should save the money and use it for something better except you know you can get it back from your guests. If not just do family and close friends wedding maximum of 20...10/10 guests from each family.

You have a lot ahead of you and the number 1 challenge in marriage is MONEY.

beekind:
Like I said, can a couple plan a wedding within a budget of 1 million naira ?
This will include, bride prices, clothes, feeding of guests e.t.c.
Re: Is 1 Million Naira Enough For Wedding In This Time And Age ? by ijaola(m): 7:27pm On Jan 29
No do pass your self o. If you have the people who want to spend the money for you, let them go ahead. If not, talk to your spouse about what you have, agree and plan accordingly. Never borrow for your wedding.

beekind:
Re: Is 1 Million Naira Enough For Wedding In This Time And Age ? by ariesbull: 7:27pm On Jan 29
beekind:
with 100k you can even do wedding

Stop impressing people
Re: Is 1 Million Naira Enough For Wedding In This Time And Age ? by Johel(m): 7:43pm On Jan 29
beekind:

8 to 10M minimum
Re: Is 1 Million Naira Enough For Wedding In This Time And Age ? by EEIA: 7:53pm On Jan 29
Johel:

8 to 10M minimum
I cannot be a party to anything extravagant.

na chapel wedding gum me with at most 30 guest.

anybody who wants otherwise can do so with the persons own money as for me I won’t mind either.
Re: Is 1 Million Naira Enough For Wedding In This Time And Age ? by Melagros(m): 10:41pm On Jan 29
Kingosytex:

Even 100m isn't enough too. Everything depends on the individuals involved. Some marry with less than 200k, the most important thing is the marriage not wedding.
All in all, cut your coat according to your cloth.
Exactly my brother
Re: Is 1 Million Naira Enough For Wedding In This Time And Age ? by Penboy: 10:49pm On Jan 29
princemillla:

Your question is not clear sir

How much sorry
Re: Is 1 Million Naira Enough For Wedding In This Time And Age ? by jomarick(m): 11:29pm On Jan 29
At this hard time don't spent that amount on a ceremony, it's just a ceremony. Do small tradition wedding, negotiate pride price, go to court and go home and enjoy your marriage. Do not spend your life savings on a ceremony.
Re: Is 1 Million Naira Enough For Wedding In This Time And Age ? by Love800(m): 3:37am On Jan 30
Do people still call caterer?

I thought people from the family will do the cooking?
Nazgul:

All these aren't necessary.

Just pay someone to cook the food and package in take away plastics, then put in a plastic bag. The bag would contain malt, bottle water, small chops, a smaller Plastic plat of salad and moi moi.

1m can cook you over 50 plates of this kind of food, and you'll still have some reasonable amount of money left. If you negotiate well with a good caterer. You can even tell her to make rice and swallow so that guests can choose their preference.

The plastic bags containing the food would shared right there in the church after the white wedding. Everyone would just collect their bags, take pictures with the couple and go home. You've avoided paying for hall, MC, decorations, DJ...etc.
Re: Is 1 Million Naira Enough For Wedding In This Time And Age ? by Frankoso(m): 3:43am On Jan 30
Why will you waste such amount of money?
Re: Is 1 Million Naira Enough For Wedding In This Time And Age ? by Love800(m): 3:45am On Jan 30
Do people still call cateres to cook?
I thought family members will do the cooking?
spartachico:
No cow
No hall/ event center renting
No event planner
No catering service
finally
No live band/ infact no DJ
then you are good to go with your N1M
Dated 01/2024 and beyond
Re: Is 1 Million Naira Enough For Wedding In This Time And Age ? by Love800(m): 4:01am On Jan 30
Why did u say he should not call a caterer?
Who then will do the cooking? U cant just call a random family or friend who has zero passion for cooking to prepare meal for u.
Mom007:
Yes. Use it wisely. First get a court registration. Few witnesses and light refreshments for them after. Then do traditional wedding, pay her bride price. I hope you are not marrying from a really expensive place and not travelling. Meet your inlaws and find out exactly what the financial obligation is and set that aside so that you dont spend it. Do your reception in an open field or in her fathers compound with rented chairs and canopy. Cook 1 bag of rice as jollof and make semolina and egusi and efo riro as your swallow option. Use fried fish if thats what you can afford. Use family and friends for the cooking, dont hire any yeye catherer, most are thieves anyway... and buy bottle minerals and pure water. D.j is a must as music is very important. No church wedding, just thanks giving and prayers after the traditional marriage at your local church.
Most of the people screaming no you can't, do not have 50k in their account yet cannot encourage another person who has managed to save up 1 whole million in this economy... terrible!
Re: Is 1 Million Naira Enough For Wedding In This Time And Age ? by Profitboss(m): 4:02am On Jan 30
motta:
photographer, decoration, canopy , Mc , make up and cake 1m don go.

Photographer - Make una use phone with good Camera abeg!
Decoration - Look around ur in-law family, friends and ur family to do something, YouTube can be a guide!
Canopy - Look for free space in ur area, or ur In-law living room or at most rent like 5 canopies for ur wife primary school...!
MC - there is always an MC around every gathering... manage am.
Cake - Make ur wife/friends mix flour by una sef, Na the dressing needs to be done well, YouTube can help too!

With all these above, I believe, the 1m go still remain 924k....

oga motta, oya bring on another roster!

No Gree For Any Unnecessary Spending for just Wedding!!
Re: Is 1 Million Naira Enough For Wedding In This Time And Age ? by Love800(m): 4:15am On Jan 30
I thought one will need to call decorators who are into the business to decorate the occassion?
What then is their work?
Profitboss:

Photographer - Make una use phone with good Camera abeg!
Decoration - Look around ur in-law family, friends and ur family to do something, YouTube can be a guide!
Canopy - Look for free space in ur area, or ur In-law living room or at most rent like 5 canopies for ur wife primary school...!
MC - there is always an MC around every gathering... manage am.
Cake - Make ur wife/friends mix flour by una sef, Na the dressing needs to be done well, YouTube can help too!

With all these above, I believe, the 1m go still remain 924k....

oga motta, oya bring on another roster!

No Gree For Any Unnecessary Spending for just Wedding!!
Re: Is 1 Million Naira Enough For Wedding In This Time And Age ? by Nazgul: 6:25am On Jan 30
Love800:
Do people still call caterer?

I thought people from the family will do the cooking?
If you give the contract to a family member, you'd wish you hadn't. Meat would finish before they even start sharing the food.

Most people prefer to hire outsiders cos they'll be answerable to them if anything goes wrong.

1 Like

Re: Is 1 Million Naira Enough For Wedding In This Time And Age ? by Gpopsicle(m): 6:54am On Jan 30
beekind:

Do not impress people with your wedding ceremony that will only last a day. Make sure you have more than enough to care of the family after the ceremony.

1 million naira wont be enough with the current inflation in the country. You may not necessarily need a reception. Just the traditional marriage and prayers from a servant of God is enough.
Re: Is 1 Million Naira Enough For Wedding In This Time And Age ? by princemillla(m): 7:37am On Jan 30
Penboy:

How much sorry

If you are willing to really know, come whatsapp or you call me
Re: Is 1 Million Naira Enough For Wedding In This Time And Age ? by motta(m): 8:26am On Jan 30
Love800:
I thought one will need to call decorators who are into the business to decorate the occassion?
What then is their work?
easier said than done
Re: Is 1 Million Naira Enough For Wedding In This Time And Age ? by Chaolin: 9:54am On Jan 30
It depends on the size of wedding you want, cut your coat according to your size

It will be enough
Re: Is 1 Million Naira Enough For Wedding In This Time And Age ? by Midekin(m): 10:38am On Jan 30
Work with ur budget.

Re: Is 1 Million Naira Enough For Wedding In This Time And Age ? by spartachico(m): 10:46am On Jan 30
Yes they still do
Love800:
Do people still call cateres to cook?
I thought family members will do the cooking?
Re: Is 1 Million Naira Enough For Wedding In This Time And Age ? by Mom007(f): 11:27am On Jan 30
Love800:
Why did u say he should not call a caterer?
Who then will do the cooking? U cant just call a random family or friend who has zero passion for cooking to prepare meal for u.
Yes you can and they will be glad to help! Ask around and inform them ahead. Aunties, cousins, there are always plenty of hands when preparing for a party. Use them. Just assign someone to supervise. My Aunt cooked my wedding food. She used to fry akara and stuff like that back then. She rounded up some of her church women and their kids and at the end of the day, I gave them 20k to share. That was something that catherer was charging me 100k for cooking alone and that was 11yrs ago. Imagine what they will charge now...
Re: Is 1 Million Naira Enough For Wedding In This Time And Age ? by Johel(m): 2:15pm On Jan 30
EEIA:

I cannot be a party to anything extravagant.

na chapel wedding gum me with at most 30 guest.

anybody who wants otherwise can do so with the persons own money as for me I won’t mind either.

You'll still spend more than 1M though.... at least 2.8M minimum
Re: Is 1 Million Naira Enough For Wedding In This Time And Age ? by Love800(m): 2:54pm On Jan 30
Okay.
Nice.

But my point is, u said it was ur aunt frying akara dat prepared ur wedding food. She has already gotten the zeal and passion for cooking, dat was why it was possible. She is into food things(akara), dat was why she was able to organize it.
Assuming it was just a random person who does not do cooking as a career, do you think it will be possible?
Mom007:

Yes you can and they will be glad to help! Ask around and inform them ahead. Aunties, cousins, there are always plenty of hands when preparing for a party. Use them. Just assign someone to supervise. My Aunt cooked my wedding food. She used to fry akara and stuff like that back then. She rounded up some of her church women and their kids and at the end of the day, I gave them 20k to share. That was something that catherer was charging me 100k for cooking alone and that was 11yrs ago. Imagine what they will charge now...
Re: Is 1 Million Naira Enough For Wedding In This Time And Age ? by Love800(m): 2:59pm On Jan 30
Okay.

But not as before. Abi?
I think caterers are loosing customers as families now are subsiding cost by doing the cooking by themselves these days in events.
spartachico:
Yes they still do
Re: Is 1 Million Naira Enough For Wedding In This Time And Age ? by Love800(m): 3:01pm On Jan 30
Okay.
But giving it to family will save cost na.
Nazgul:

If you give the contract to a family member, you'd wish you hadn't. Meat would finish before they even start sharing the food.

Most people prefer to hire outsiders cos they'll be answerable to them if anything goes wrong.
Re: Is 1 Million Naira Enough For Wedding In This Time And Age ? by Penboy: 3:26pm On Jan 30
princemillla:

If you are willing to really know, come whatsapp or you call me

Your number please

1 Like

Re: Is 1 Million Naira Enough For Wedding In This Time And Age ? by Nazgul: 3:30pm On Jan 30
Love800:
Okay.
But giving it to family will save cost na.
You're not getting it...I'd rather pay a professional caterer than have a family member cook for me.

How much does a caterer want to charge you, at most 5-7k per plate.

Your family member would charge you double the cost of the food so as to make profit, then keep half of it for themselves. Would you call that saving cost?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lady Recounts Her Near-death Experience At A Newly-opened Waterpark In Lagos VID / Pictures From The Lagos Countdown Concert 2012 / Summer Bbq Was A Success!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.