Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,328 members, 7,815,655 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:59 PM

Lady Recounts Her Near-death Experience At A Newly-opened Waterpark In Lagos VID - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Lady Recounts Her Near-death Experience At A Newly-opened Waterpark In Lagos VID (17023 Views)

My Ugly Experience At A Friend's Party / My Experience At A Wedding Ceremony / My Experience At A Church Member Mom's Burial Ceremony (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lady Recounts Her Near-death Experience At A Newly-opened Waterpark In Lagos VID by thisweekng: 7:59am On Dec 18, 2023
In a chilling account, a woman shared her harrowing near-death experience at the newly-opened Giwa Gardens Water Park & Resort in Lagos, shedding light on alarming safety concerns.

The incident unfolded during a family outing at Giwa Gardens, as the lady detailed, “This morning I went to Giwa Gardens Water Park & Resort with my family to have fun, and it did not end well.” What was supposed to be a day of enjoyment turned into a nightmare due to perceived safety lapses.

Describing the perilous conditions, she expressed concern about the inadequacy of pool depths for the water park’s long slides. Her daughter’s head collided with the pool tiles after a slide, prompting a warning that went unheeded. She recounted, “My daughter hit her head when she went on it and came back to tell me I shouldn’t go.”

Despite the cautionary tale from her daughter, the woman decided to experience the slide herself. Unfortunately, her encounter with the waterpark’s slide resulted in a direct impact of her forehead on the pool tiles, causing significant injury. She compared this incident to her previous visits to water parks worldwide, noting the absence of rubber padding in Giwa Gardens’ pools.

The first aid response to the injuries further added to the distress. “The staff did not even see it as a big deal!! It took them almost 15 minutes before I saw one who took me casually to the nurse. The first aid service is wack!!! No good plaster is available!” she lamented, highlighting the inadequate medical assistance provided.

In an effort to prevent further incidents, the lady promptly informed the park’s management about the dangers posed by the slides. However, her plea for action seemed to fall on deaf ears. “I informed the management immediately that the slides should be closed, up until I left it wasn’t closed!!!” she exclaimed.

The urgency of the matter led her to call upon the relevant authorities, tagging the Lagos State Government in her social media posts. In a plea directed at both the government and potential visitors, she cautioned, “@lagosstategovt Please go to @giwagardens and do the necessary quality control check before they kill people. Go to @giwagardens at your own risk.”

This alarming incident serves as a wake-up call for both regulatory bodies and the public, emphasizing the need for stringent safety measures and quality checks at recreational facilities.

This morning I went to @giwagardens @keji_giwa with my family to have fun and it did not end well
The pools are too shallow for the long slides,my daughter hit her head when she went on it and came back to tell me I shouldn’t go…I thought she was exaggerating,I went on the slide and hit my forehead head on the tiles in the pool ,I have been to at least 5 water parks in different countries,there is always a rubber laid in all the pools,my head hit the tiles directly and my lips caught into two.
The first accident I had was at the river,I tumbled in the tube and the back of my head hit the tiles,I left immediately with my daughter not knowing a bigger one was coming…
The staff did not even see it as a big deal!!
It took them almost 15mins before I saw one who took me casually to the nurse.
The first aid service is wack!!!
No good plaster available!
Am not here looking for attention,I am just trying to save another victim from this disaster.
@lagosstategovt
@lagosstategovt
@lagosstategovt
Please go to @giwagardens and do the necessary quality control check before they k## people.
Go to @giwagardens at your own risk
I informed the management immediately that the slides should be closed,up until I left it wasn’t closed!!!

https://thisweekng.com/lady-recounts-her-near-death-experience-at-a-newly-opened-waterpark-in-lagos-video/

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lady Recounts Her Near-death Experience At A Newly-opened Waterpark In Lagos VID by atiku4President(m): 8:16am On Dec 18, 2023
Very important message here, but I know this won't get to the front page since it's not about IPOB or nudity

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lady Recounts Her Near-death Experience At A Newly-opened Waterpark In Lagos VID by SharingIsLife(m): 8:17am On Dec 18, 2023
She compared this incident to her previous visits to water parks worldwide, noting the absence of rubber padding in Giwa Gardens’ pools.

The first aid response to the injuries further added to the distress. “The staff did not even see it as a big deal!! It took them almost 15 minutes before I saw one who took me casually to the nurse. The first aid service is wack!!! No good plaster is available!” she lamented, highlighting the inadequate medical assistance provided.

Here in Africa, nay Nigeria, we often imitate white people without thinking. Just like I visited a beautiful stadium complex built by a state government and people were urinating openly at the back because there was no provision of toilet.

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lady Recounts Her Near-death Experience At A Newly-opened Waterpark In Lagos VID by fidelmarshal199: 8:19am On Dec 18, 2023
They even used a cellotape as a plaster. Nigeria My country

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lady Recounts Her Near-death Experience At A Newly-opened Waterpark In Lagos VID by eepeepook: 10:35am On Dec 18, 2023
I can not swim. Nothing concern me with any body of water.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Recounts Her Near-death Experience At A Newly-opened Waterpark In Lagos VID by bigdammyj: 1:18pm On Dec 18, 2023
Noted.
Re: Lady Recounts Her Near-death Experience At A Newly-opened Waterpark In Lagos VID by Woodshot: 1:18pm On Dec 18, 2023
grin
Re: Lady Recounts Her Near-death Experience At A Newly-opened Waterpark In Lagos VID by Manny21: 1:19pm On Dec 18, 2023
You should have listen to your daughter. Singing "parents listen to your children, we are leaders of tomorrow."

49 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lady Recounts Her Near-death Experience At A Newly-opened Waterpark In Lagos VID by haybhi1(m): 1:22pm On Dec 18, 2023
This is good. What I expect from educated Nigerians and non-educated alike. Call people and corporations out when due.
It's stupid trying to condone their nonsense.
That's why we suffer as a people. If they get reported, they'll act in suit and we'll be getting quality services.

Kudos to this woman. I trust Lagos quality control body to do justice too.
All these market that sell fake stuffs and the people dealing in it, let people report them and government punish them.

31 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Lady Recounts Her Near-death Experience At A Newly-opened Waterpark In Lagos VID by DDIA: 1:24pm On Dec 18, 2023
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Lady Recounts Her Near-death Experience At A Newly-opened Waterpark In Lagos VID by 0taPiaPia(m): 1:24pm On Dec 18, 2023
There should be standards and regulations as regards the establishment of such facility.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Recounts Her Near-death Experience At A Newly-opened Waterpark In Lagos VID by Reelmii: 1:25pm On Dec 18, 2023
Hmm
Re: Lady Recounts Her Near-death Experience At A Newly-opened Waterpark In Lagos VID by gasparpisciotta: 1:27pm On Dec 18, 2023
Hope Lagos will respond fast enough before we hear stories that touch the heart

1 Like

Re: Lady Recounts Her Near-death Experience At A Newly-opened Waterpark In Lagos VID by huptin(m): 1:28pm On Dec 18, 2023
When we copy things in Nigeria, we neglect safety protocols...as If the almighty God exists only to protect Nigerians.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Recounts Her Near-death Experience At A Newly-opened Waterpark In Lagos VID by Talk2sukky(m): 1:28pm On Dec 18, 2023
Your daughter warned you. Despite the warning you still went ahead with the slide

3 Likes

Re: Lady Recounts Her Near-death Experience At A Newly-opened Waterpark In Lagos VID by muyico(m): 1:32pm On Dec 18, 2023
😂 see mouth? o swing daran

1 Like

Re: Lady Recounts Her Near-death Experience At A Newly-opened Waterpark In Lagos VID by CrossRhodes: 1:33pm On Dec 18, 2023
SharingIsLife:

Here in Africa, nay Nigeria, we often imitate white people without thinking. Just like I visited a beautiful stadium complex built by a state government and people were urinating openly at the back because there was no provision of toilet.
Even those toilets when made available will be a gory mess after a short while

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lady Recounts Her Near-death Experience At A Newly-opened Waterpark In Lagos VID by 77up(m): 1:33pm On Dec 18, 2023
Ego won't let you listen to your kid, serves you right tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lady Recounts Her Near-death Experience At A Newly-opened Waterpark In Lagos VID by GboyegaD(m): 1:33pm On Dec 18, 2023
Hopefully, the park management will be swift to take necessary actions.

1 Like

Re: Lady Recounts Her Near-death Experience At A Newly-opened Waterpark In Lagos VID by GanagiBitrus: 1:34pm On Dec 18, 2023
But OP, this is not a Near Death Experience...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Recounts Her Near-death Experience At A Newly-opened Waterpark In Lagos VID by Beverlyjean(f): 1:35pm On Dec 18, 2023
Hmmm. ... and was making arrangements to go there with my family on Sunday

2 Likes

Re: Lady Recounts Her Near-death Experience At A Newly-opened Waterpark In Lagos VID by muyico(m): 1:35pm On Dec 18, 2023
Talk2sukky:
Your daughter warned you. Despite the warning you still went ahead with the slide
nowadays women were hardly control, dey will first do wot in dey re mind first,i wonder how her hubby handle her
Re: Lady Recounts Her Near-death Experience At A Newly-opened Waterpark In Lagos VID by Holluwhakemmy(f): 1:36pm On Dec 18, 2023
Disobedient mummy despite your child warning you still went there thank God it is not a serious accident
Re: Lady Recounts Her Near-death Experience At A Newly-opened Waterpark In Lagos VID by Bubu4Sea: 1:37pm On Dec 18, 2023
Maybe ein wan mine person skull as the owner belongs to the skull mining tribe
Re: Lady Recounts Her Near-death Experience At A Newly-opened Waterpark In Lagos VID by DKM123: 1:37pm On Dec 18, 2023
God bless this woman. If Nigerians had this mindset to quickly call out nonsense, we wouldn't be where we are today.

5 Likes

Re: Lady Recounts Her Near-death Experience At A Newly-opened Waterpark In Lagos VID by Triangles1(m): 1:40pm On Dec 18, 2023
When it's not your time to die, to get rich, to marry, to conceive, there's nothing anybody can do.

Not yet time, thank God for your life.

2 Likes

Re: Lady Recounts Her Near-death Experience At A Newly-opened Waterpark In Lagos VID by DarkJeddi(m): 1:48pm On Dec 18, 2023
eepeepook:
I can not swim. Nothing concern me with any body of water.
So they should all die, because you cannot swim and nothing concerns you with any body of water?
Hope all your loved ones ,relatives and friends have the same sentiments?

2 Likes

Re: Lady Recounts Her Near-death Experience At A Newly-opened Waterpark In Lagos VID by nedu666: 1:49pm On Dec 18, 2023
How much is plaster that someone is using cellotape

3 Likes

Re: Lady Recounts Her Near-death Experience At A Newly-opened Waterpark In Lagos VID by Cantonese: 1:49pm On Dec 18, 2023
Terrible

1 Like

Re: Lady Recounts Her Near-death Experience At A Newly-opened Waterpark In Lagos VID by UptownVibes(m): 1:52pm On Dec 18, 2023
She wanted to learn by experience.. God used your daughter to warn you of the danger ahead,but you decided to go and see for yourself. You're lucky you're alive to tell the story.
Re: Lady Recounts Her Near-death Experience At A Newly-opened Waterpark In Lagos VID by Rebuker(m): 1:54pm On Dec 18, 2023
Hmmm. This life no balance sha. She sustained injury because she went to have fun meanwhile, another woman is seen sleeping on a moving truck because she is trying to find something to eat:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39vqe2KRIKo
Re: Lady Recounts Her Near-death Experience At A Newly-opened Waterpark In Lagos VID by ollybasa: 1:55pm On Dec 18, 2023
please govt should take action b4 death is recorded. this is festive seasons.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pictures From The Lagos Countdown Concert 2012 / Summer Bbq Was A Success! / 40 Persons To Wed At Salvation Ministries, Port Harcourt, Same Day (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.