Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,368 members, 7,815,786 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:22 PM

AFCON: ‘The Lion Of Africa’ – CAF Gives Osimhen New Name - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / AFCON: ‘The Lion Of Africa’ – CAF Gives Osimhen New Name (45966 Views)

AFCON: The final was our worst game, the home support penalised us - Peseiro / If You Have Never Been To Lagos , You Have Never Been To Africa- CAF President / NFF Approves New Name For The Nigerian League (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: AFCON: ‘The Lion Of Africa’ – CAF Gives Osimhen New Name by ekhai(m): 2:37pm On Jan 28
infotrust:

https://dailypost.ng/2024/01/28/afcon-no-gree-for-anybody-caf-gives-osimhen-new-name/

EDO NO DEY CARRY LAST. THEREFORE, NIGERIA WILL BE TOP. OSIMHEN WILL BRING THE AFCON TO AUCHI PUBLIC FIELD FOR CELEBRATION.
Re: AFCON: ‘The Lion Of Africa’ – CAF Gives Osimhen New Name by Morphinne: 2:37pm On Jan 28
MisterBanny:
Una don start.
But when the British hail their own players now, u call it overhype.
I wish him well and pray he continues to achieve greater things. Nigerians are delighted.

No sir, your comparison is very wrong. This is the body responsible for Africas football hailing him and not the Nigeria’s part of the body. Who even told you he doesn’t deserve the hype?
The analogy that sits well is when the European football federation is seen hyping one European player who has had an outstanding tournament or season.
The Englishmen’s hyping of mediocre players is different from this, they hype players who are english and even when such players don’t really deserve the hypes undecided Be happy my friend, no be every matter suppose dey make una bone face
Re: AFCON: ‘The Lion Of Africa’ – CAF Gives Osimhen New Name by Princezibk: 3:03pm On Jan 28
sukkot:
I like the guy too but I am not impressed. He is lacking something. He does not have that die hard tenacity that Ronaldo de lima of Brazil had . Once that guy touches the ball and looks at the net ? His trajectory is to get past anything in sight. You can jam his leg with trailer or SUV or 2 by 4 he will shake it off and continue running and dribbling. He will only stop to feel the pain after the ball is at the back of the net. This Osimhen he falls down easily and is easily dispossessed
Your head dey pain you no be small …

You hate soteee,,, people dey run from you 🙆🏽‍♀️🙆🏽‍♀️
Re: AFCON: ‘The Lion Of Africa’ – CAF Gives Osimhen New Name by Lanretoye(m): 3:07pm On Jan 28
buygala:
Big name wey dey kill small dog grin..

It's actually a worrisome thing that Osimhen is the best footballer Africa has to offer this period...

can you imagine...condenmed people,nothing ever good in their life.people of bad energy and stupid vibes.oloriburuku person
The whole of italy and africa are doffing hat for somebody and mad man has a seperate opinon.person wey never do well for anything in life o.the small prosper wey u supose prosper,na badbelle u take am dey do.shior
Great players in africa like eto,drogba,cisse and gyan all giving kudos to him,mad man say thats what aftica has to offer.God punish you there.
Re: AFCON: ‘The Lion Of Africa’ – CAF Gives Osimhen New Name by Kobicove(m): 3:09pm On Jan 28
NFBI:
so no more sacking of peseiro 😁

It has been suspended for the time being grin
Re: AFCON: ‘The Lion Of Africa’ – CAF Gives Osimhen New Name by Bimpe29: 3:10pm On Jan 28
Lion of Africa indeed.
Re: AFCON: ‘The Lion Of Africa’ – CAF Gives Osimhen New Name by THEGALADIMA(m): 3:24pm On Jan 28
You are really foolish.
You know nothing.
Just shut ur stupid mouth.... Big fool

buygala:
Big name wey dey kill small dog grin..

It's actually a worrisome thing that Osimhen is the best footballer Africa has to offer this period...

Re: AFCON: ‘The Lion Of Africa’ – CAF Gives Osimhen New Name by iFESTAC680(m): 3:33pm On Jan 28
Mfonessien01:
The guy na really football hustler.
Well deserved titleet

Person way sell pure water for express?
Him fit run pass motor sef
Re: AFCON: ‘The Lion Of Africa’ – CAF Gives Osimhen New Name by sukkot: 3:34pm On Jan 28
Princezibk:
Your head dey pain you no be small …

You hate soteee,,, people dey run from you 🙆🏽‍♀️🙆🏽‍♀️
😄

1 Like

Re: AFCON: ‘The Lion Of Africa’ – CAF Gives Osimhen New Name by ghettokid1(m): 3:42pm On Jan 28
fergie001:

So where tha hell, did you go to?
Try assessing through mail, no way.
I just took my time off Nairaland, but am partially back now
Re: AFCON: ‘The Lion Of Africa’ – CAF Gives Osimhen New Name by seunayantokun(m): 4:49pm On Jan 28
I like the way he broke through. He really fought through. Na im be real no gree for anybody. E no gree for Cameroon. Commendable effort.
Re: AFCON: ‘The Lion Of Africa’ – CAF Gives Osimhen New Name by fergie001: 4:57pm On Jan 28
ghettokid1:
I just took my time off Nairaland, but am partially back now
E don tey oooo!
Re: AFCON: ‘The Lion Of Africa’ – CAF Gives Osimhen New Name by sajiwere(m): 5:34pm On Jan 28
I'm just sorry for Angola if Onana crews can witnessed this

quote author=infotrust post=128163648]

https://dailypost.ng/2024/01/28/afcon-no-gree-for-anybody-caf-gives-osimhen-new-name/

[/quote]
Re: AFCON: ‘The Lion Of Africa’ – CAF Gives Osimhen New Name by bionixs: 5:36pm On Jan 28
Austindark:
Osimhen was really impressive yesterday.
His movements on and off the ball was topnotch.
He deserves any positive nickname he gets.

On another news, there was a country in west Africa. They have already prepared memes to mock us, hoping that we will lose to Cameroon.

But in 2024, "we noh dey gree for anybody"
GHANA !!!!! Star wey don die
Re: AFCON: ‘The Lion Of Africa’ – CAF Gives Osimhen New Name by nkemjacob2(m): 5:44pm On Jan 28
Na big name they kill small dog
Re: AFCON: ‘The Lion Of Africa’ – CAF Gives Osimhen New Name by Wanni25(f): 6:51pm On Jan 28
Kakadancefreak:
He deserves the name biko!
The guy tries!

He goes all out for the team.

He's good.
He has won man of the match many times.

1 Like

Re: AFCON: ‘The Lion Of Africa’ – CAF Gives Osimhen New Name by Idarachris84: 7:13pm On Jan 28
Wanni25:

He's good.
He has won man of the match many times.

Well done to him!
Re: AFCON: ‘The Lion Of Africa’ – CAF Gives Osimhen New Name by AkinPhysicist: 7:24pm On Jan 28
Allow the boys to focus on their next game.

Na so una hype them for last AFCON, until Tunisia bundle them out.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: AFCON: ‘The Lion Of Africa’ – CAF Gives Osimhen New Name by Manager001: 7:44pm On Jan 28
Well deserved.
Agba baller
Re: AFCON: ‘The Lion Of Africa’ – CAF Gives Osimhen New Name by MisterBanny(m): 9:13pm On Jan 28
Bluntemperor:

Good comments from you!
We must continue to motivate them by our Support - Physically done by Govnr Ambode,J J Okocha,Chief Odegbami,etc and Financial Support - as NBILLIONS of Money owed the Super Eagles was recently paid by President Tinubu - all goes a long way to give them the impetus to WIN this Nation's Cup ( Africa World Cup) !
God is on our Side- I wish them well!

Thanks for your patriotism sir. Let's continue to wish them well and hope they win the AFCON
Re: AFCON: ‘The Lion Of Africa’ – CAF Gives Osimhen New Name by MisterBanny(m): 9:15pm On Jan 28
Morphinne:

No sir, your comparison is very wrong. This is the body responsible for Africas football hailing him and not the Nigeria’s part of the body. Who even told you he doesn’t deserve the hype?
The analogy that sits well is when the European football federation is seen hyping one European player who has had an outstanding tournament or season.
The Englishmen’s hyping of mediocre players is different from this, they hype players who are english and even when such players don’t really deserve the hypes undecided Be happy my friend, no be every matter suppose dey make una bone face

Are u sure u know how to comprehend little stuffs? I tell u say I dey bone face? Abi u nor Sabi read wetin I write there?
Re: AFCON: ‘The Lion Of Africa’ – CAF Gives Osimhen New Name by skywalker240(m): 9:17pm On Jan 28
Keep your stupid title to yourselves

Who no know CAF?

Deep down, they want Nigeria out of the tournament
Re: AFCON: ‘The Lion Of Africa’ – CAF Gives Osimhen New Name by skywalker240(m): 9:21pm On Jan 28
Morphinne:

Oga, me and you know the truth of the matter is that

CAF wants them out of the tournament, hence trying to put pressure on the kid
Re: AFCON: ‘The Lion Of Africa’ – CAF Gives Osimhen New Name by Morphinne: 11:01pm On Jan 28
MisterBanny:

Are u sure u know how to comprehend little stuffs? I tell u say I dey bone face? Abi u nor Sabi read wetin I write there?
No sir, you’re the one having difficulty expressing yourself because what you wrote there was very unnecessary and irrelevant. I know English Language is not our mother tongue but please, read what you wrote again (the first paragraph) and correct it because it seems that’s not what you were trying to convey grin
Re: AFCON: ‘The Lion Of Africa’ – CAF Gives Osimhen New Name by Morphinne: 11:09pm On Jan 28
skywalker240:

Oga, me and you know the truth of the matter is that

CAF wants them out of the tournament, hence trying to put pressure on the kid
Chairman, I’m not even concerned about their agenda (If there’s any) but particularly concerned about what the commenter wrote “ Una don start.
But when the British hail their own players now, u call it overhype

That expression made it look like the boy was being overhyped just like the British media are fond of doing and that we would have called it overhyping if those Britons were the ones hyping their players forgetting that British media are not the same as UEFA. In this case, CAF should be compared to UEFA as UEFA are the federation in charge of European football as CAF is to Africa. His point might be deemed correct if the hyping was coming from the Nigerian media.
Re: AFCON: ‘The Lion Of Africa’ – CAF Gives Osimhen New Name by ghettokid1(m): 1:45pm On Jan 29
fergie001:

E don tey oooo!
no be small tin boss

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

BBC Pundits Question Tobi Amusan's 100m Hurdles World Record / Kelechi Iheanacho Shows Dance Moves In Dressing Room After FA CUP Win (Photos) / UEFA Announces 2017-2018 Champions League Awards Shortlist [Full List]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.