Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,243 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:39 AM

Styrofoam: Abia Government Bans "Take-away" Foils - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Styrofoam: Abia Government Bans "Take-away" Foils (23172 Views)

Abia Government Uncovers ‘japa’ Doctors Still Collecting Salaries / COVID-19: Abia Government Seals Church, Market In Aba / Lockdown: Abia Government Gives 7-Day Extension (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Styrofoam: Abia Government Bans "Take-away" Foils by skuribeebo: 10:57am On Jan 28
Some state do not even know the reason why Lagos ban it. Once they hear Lagos did stin , they will just jump onto it. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Styrofoam: Abia Government Bans "Take-away" Foils by maktop(m): 10:57am On Jan 28
Lagos setting good examples and others copy.
Re: Styrofoam: Abia Government Bans "Take-away" Foils by lunacol(m): 10:58am On Jan 28
What of plastic minerals?Will they ban them too.The government should give a timeline in order not to shut down people's businesses.

1 Like

Re: Styrofoam: Abia Government Bans "Take-away" Foils by lunacol(m): 11:02am On Jan 28
Nwodosis:
What's the plan of the government to reabsorb workers in that industrial section?
It should have been given a timeline for manufacturers to switch over to paper-based biodegradable foils,then it will be a win-win for the government, manufacturers,workers in the industry and distributors.
Re: Styrofoam: Abia Government Bans "Take-away" Foils by Egoveen: 11:11am On Jan 28
donaldking10:
big big talk.
they should come to my house & enforce it na.
You dey produce am undecided undecided undecided
Re: Styrofoam: Abia Government Bans "Take-away" Foils by sylve11: 11:16am On Jan 28
jmoore:
E go hard oh!

When was it banned?

You ban something same day you are implementing the ban.

Do you know traders have such goods worth hundreds of millions of naira in their possesion? They should burn their goods abi?

The best solution is to work with the manufacturing companies so they can switch to producing paper takeaway packs.
The enduser is not your problem.

No, they should eat it. undecided cool
Re: Styrofoam: Abia Government Bans "Take-away" Foils by Femmyfamous4u(m): 11:18am On Jan 28
This man is copying Lagos in everything
Re: Styrofoam: Abia Government Bans "Take-away" Foils by sylve11: 11:19am On Jan 28
Angelfrost:
Good one.

You people should serve food with plates or use Leaves.

Abi na. cool
Re: Styrofoam: Abia Government Bans "Take-away" Foils by Stevenbright(m): 11:26am On Jan 28
Josnac:
Anyone who is observant enough would see first hand the havoc these styrofoam packs cause to our drainages...but they don't just develop legs and walk to these drains, they're used and disposed by people. And until we develop a comprehensive waste management approach to deal with stuff like these, you can ban styrofoam today and something else will just take its place tomorrow.

Plastics are recyclable but styrofoams are not!

The styrofoam take away packs will be replaced with plastic ones. I guess people generally goes for styrofoam packs before now because they are cheaper.

Same issues are also posed by plastics used to package soft drinks, are we going to ban those too??
Re: Styrofoam: Abia Government Bans "Take-away" Foils by Sicilyjoe: 11:29am On Jan 28
Me self i prefer take away in nylon than foil, is easy to carry
Re: Styrofoam: Abia Government Bans "Take-away" Foils by Originalsly: 11:33am On Jan 28
How can one in charge of an agency be soooo dumb? .... and the governor allow him to expose his foolishness to the world? Many cities ... including ...NYC ...have banned the use of styrofoam and all have done two basic things 1. inform the public why it will be banned and 2. set a date when the ban will go into effect. The effective date was more than 6 months after the announcement. This allowed enough time for restaurants etc to get rid of their stock and for manufacturers and distributors to do same and find an alternative that will comply with the regulations. They did before the ban became effective .... same with plastic bags. Now let's chew on the nonsense this one said.

First off ... how daft can you be to refer to styrofoam as foil? ... it's like one referring to wood as metal. Those who don't know better will do same since he as head of the agency must know ... and if he says styrofoam is foil... then it must be foil. 15 year later man japa ... wants styrofoam ... goes the store and asks for foil .. is given foil ... and be saying that's not what he asked for.
Then the daft head says the ban is immediate ..... until they study the dangers of Styrofoam. What? ... banning it but don't know why? What studies? ... by whom? When studies and the dangers have already been done?
This makes my belief even stronger that the only way this country can be put back on track is by a military coup lead by a Jerry Rawlings.... a coup where all these corrupt leaders are rounded up ... their assets confiscated and them executed.

1 Like

Re: Styrofoam: Abia Government Bans "Take-away" Foils by caleboxylic: 11:35am On Jan 28
mrrandomguy:
Good development. In fact a ban on "nylon bags" should follow ASAP.

What irritates me is the ignorance of so called educated Nigerians and some Nairalanders who happens to be among the dumbest set of people on the planet.

Styrofoam and plastic/nylon bags have nothing to do with global warming.
I see people mixing up soil and water pollution with the scam called "global warming". They are not the same.

Global warming is an illusion created and promoted by a group of billionaires to gain more power and control over society.

What we should be concerned about as environmentalists is land, soil, air and water pollution, not "Global warming" which does not exist.

Say what you know. Who told you that global warming doesn't exist? What happens to the more gases we release to atmosphere through our activities? Global warming exist
Re: Styrofoam: Abia Government Bans "Take-away" Foils by lomprico(m): 11:37am On Jan 28
Strengthen and stifffen your sanitation and laws instead. As humans we will always generate waste.
Re: Styrofoam: Abia Government Bans "Take-away" Foils by ncoolsome(m): 11:40am On Jan 28
Josnac:
Anyone who is observant enough would see first hand the havoc these styrofoam packs cause to our drainages...but they don't just develop legs and walk to these drains, they're used and disposed by people. And until we develop a comprehensive waste management approach to deal with stuff like these, you can ban styrofoam today and something else will just take its place tomorrow.

Same issues are also posed by plastics used to package soft drinks, are we going to ban those too??

So pure water and bottle water shld also be banned abi aren't they 5 and 6.
Re: Styrofoam: Abia Government Bans "Take-away" Foils by happney65: 11:42am On Jan 28
Awon oni climate change Isonu undecided
Re: Styrofoam: Abia Government Bans "Take-away" Foils by Warrior99: 11:42am On Jan 28
Jonathan:
Yorubas always leading cool cool cool
cool
Re: Styrofoam: Abia Government Bans "Take-away" Foils by Dpharisee: 11:46am On Jan 28
Jonathan:
Yorubas always leading cool cool cool
Igbos copy good things from every tribe grin
Re: Styrofoam: Abia Government Bans "Take-away" Foils by Sleekfingers: 11:47am On Jan 28
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

What's Styrofoam foil?
Re: Styrofoam: Abia Government Bans "Take-away" Foils by slimthugchimee2(m): 11:53am On Jan 28
donaldking10:
big big talk.
they should come to my house & enforce it na.

They dont need to, they will just go after companies that make it and deliver it
Re: Styrofoam: Abia Government Bans "Take-away" Foils by Kingsnairaland(m): 11:56am On Jan 28
mrrandomguy:
Good development. In fact a ban on "nylon bags" should follow ASAP.

What irritates me is the ignorance of so called educated Nigerians and some Nairalanders who happens to be among the dumbest set of people on the planet.

Styrofoam and plastic/nylon bags have nothing to do with global warming.
I see people mixing up soil and water pollution with the scam called "global warming". They are not the same.

Global warming is an illusion created and promoted by a group of billionaires to gain more power and control over society.

What we should be concerned about as environmentalists is land, soil, air and water pollution, not "Global warming" which does not exist.

Exactly

1 Like

Re: Styrofoam: Abia Government Bans "Take-away" Foils by Originalsly: 12:01pm On Jan 28
caleboxylic:

Say what you know. Who told you that global warming doesn't exist? What happens to the more gases we release to atmosphere through our activities? Global warming exist

Say what you know ... and can defend ... and not be an echo. Tennessee and Mississippi are warm States ... you can go tell them about global warming now when they are experiencing cold like they never did before.

Re: Styrofoam: Abia Government Bans "Take-away" Foils by wellmax(m): 12:07pm On Jan 28
Time for wise businessmen to invest in biogradable food packs.

In the western world, the use of paper food packs is widely in use.
Re: Styrofoam: Abia Government Bans "Take-away" Foils by WantsandMore: 12:09pm On Jan 28
designking:
Companies producing this Styrofoam takeaway packs are about to go bankrupt

Nigerians spends N120billion on takeaway packs per annum and this huge industry is about to die off except they innovate to something new.
they can easily transform into a more environmentally recycled ♻️ material for their products
Re: Styrofoam: Abia Government Bans "Take-away" Foils by EEIA: 12:13pm On Jan 28
solmusdesigns:
cool

Cop24

Reality of global warming hitting very fast

What is Toke Makinwa Implementing, atleast she attended

Toke Makinwa aka Chad Bosswick 🤣
Re: Styrofoam: Abia Government Bans "Take-away" Foils by EEIA: 12:14pm On Jan 28
jmoore:
E go hard oh!

When was it banned?

You ban something same day you are implementing the ban.

Do you know traders have such goods worth hundreds of millions of naira in their possesion? They should burn their goods abi?

The best solution is to work with the manufacturing companies so they can switch to producing paper takeaway packs.
The enduser is not your problem.
Nice…

Paper is the best alternative, it’s organic and degradable.
Re: Styrofoam: Abia Government Bans "Take-away" Foils by EEIA: 12:18pm On Jan 28
designking:

Nigerians spends N120billion on takeaway packs per annum and this huge industry is about to die off except they innovate to something new.
they can always switch…
Re: Styrofoam: Abia Government Bans "Take-away" Foils by EEIA: 12:19pm On Jan 28
Josnac:

paper bags is the answer.

1 Like

Re: Styrofoam: Abia Government Bans "Take-away" Foils by chloride6: 12:23pm On Jan 28
Lmao
Re: Styrofoam: Abia Government Bans "Take-away" Foils by Clinghton: 12:27pm On Jan 28
Banning a product because people who use it litter it after use is wrong because the can always use the next product in such manner.

Instilling the spirit of hygiene is key, severely punishing offenders serves as a deterrent to others.

3 Likes

Re: Styrofoam: Abia Government Bans "Take-away" Foils by Ebubu2: 12:28pm On Jan 28
designking:

They better innovate.

Let them check what is used to package take away goods in America and Europe and emulate that.
Re: Styrofoam: Abia Government Bans "Take-away" Foils by Blazebond(m): 12:29pm On Jan 28
MUMU country,as one ban the rest go follow.mwke una know say those industries when dey produce this products go inevitably shut down o,more job losses looming and the economy is going to keep on crashing.this country nor sabi find ways to make sure say waste are properly disposed or repurposed as smart countries are doing.the more employment goes up,the more crimes go up.
Re: Styrofoam: Abia Government Bans "Take-away" Foils by Ebubu2: 12:30pm On Jan 28
FalseProphet1:
I see the prices of nylon bags skyrocketing, I see weddings and parties putting Rice inside nylon bags for people as take away, I see guests saying that they prefer nylon bags to Styrofoam because once you tie nylon bag the food would not pour.

I see a thread about Styrofoam and nylon bags which do you prefer hitting the front page, I see Nigerians learning how to eat with their bare hands from nylon bags.

This I have seen.
I’ve missed u

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Itunu Babalola: FG, Family Reject Autopsy, Demand Justice / Doctor Refused To Pay For My Husband's Physiotherapy Services, Fights Him. / FG Makes COVID-19 Vaccination Compulsory For Civil Servants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.