Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:54 AM

Ireland Study Visa thread,General Life Experience of Nigerians Living in Ireland - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ireland Study Visa thread,General Life Experience of Nigerians Living in Ireland (5934 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ireland Study Visa thread,General Life Experience of Nigerians Living in Ireland by pansophist(m): 10:47am On Feb 23
lastkingsman:

It's wealthy on paper because of US cooperate tax rate. Your top companies like Amazon use Ireland to a tax avoidance mechanism.

They will tell IRS that their intellectual property resides with their parent company in Dublin and they need to repatriate huge amount of money to Ireland. For example if they make $50b, around $48bn is pushed to Ireland and US govt only tax the remaining $2bn. That $48bn is captured as GDP for Ireland.

Diving Ireland GDP with its population to get GDP per Capita is erroneous as its belongs to the like of Jeff Bezos and co grin

Yes, I know this trick. That's why PPP (Purchasing power parity) is a better way to measure an economy, as it takes into consideration the macro economic factors.

In this regards, China is the wealthiest nation on earth. It's PPP per capita is larger than the rest of the world.

So if anyone ever wonder why the US, supposedly the wealthiest nation earth is in debt, and the new York metro looks like something from Ajengule, that's the answer.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ireland Study Visa thread,General Life Experience of Nigerians Living in Ireland by joejacobs10(m): 10:55am On Feb 23
JMG12:
Yes, it is possible to use student loan or a sponsor

okay. thanks
Re: Ireland Study Visa thread,General Life Experience of Nigerians Living in Ireland by Gerrard59(m): 6:22pm On Feb 23
pansophist:

Yes, I know this trick. That's why PPP (Purchasing power parity) is a better way to measure an economy, as it takes into consideration the macro economic factors.

In this regards, China is the wealthiest nation on earth. It's PPP per capita is larger than the rest of the world.

So if anyone ever wonder why the US, supposedly the wealthiest nation earth is in debt, and the new York metro looks like something from Ajengule, that's the answer.

I have never liked GDP per capita. It is an unbalanced way to measure a country's wealth. PPP and HDI are better metrics to assess how wealthy a country is and the standard of living. Equatorial Guinea and Gabon have high GDP per capita, but are notoriously poor. Botswana and Namibia also have relatively high GDP per capita, but have chronically high unemployment.

So yes, China is wealthy and considering the population has been managed over the last 25 years with massive investments in education, infrastructure and continuous training, the wealth would penetrate through the society. Countries like Switzerland, Singapore and Luxembourg have managed to use their wealth judiciously.
Re: Ireland Study Visa thread,General Life Experience of Nigerians Living in Ireland by pansophist(m): 9:58pm On Feb 23
Gerrard59:

I have never liked GDP per capita. It is an unbalanced way to measure a country's wealth. PPP and HDI are better metrics to assess how wealthy a country is and the standard of living. Equatorial Guinea and Gabon have high GDP per capita, but are notoriously poor. Botswana and Namibia also have relatively high GDP per capita, but have chronically high unemployment.

So yes, China is wealthy and considering the population has been managed over the last 25 years with massive investments in education, infrastructure and continuous training, the wealth would penetrate through the society. Countries like Switzerland, Singapore and Luxembourg have managed to use their wealth judiciously.

GDP is what the west uses to over-inflate their economy.

I have been planning to write it here on Nairaland, I will do it when the opportunity calls for it.

Using logic and statistical calculations, the US is not the largest economy in the world, even by GDP. It has over-inflated its GDP to corroborate its desperation to be the world's hegemon and superpower.

I doubt if the US economy is over 15T USD. Because no way you can explain to me that the US economy is bigger than China, but China and Chinese people are cruising already in the 22nd century.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ireland Study Visa thread,General Life Experience of Nigerians Living in Ireland by Republic001: 10:51pm On Feb 23
Hello house during submission of documents at the VFS center...pls are we to submit only the original document or photocopy...I wud soon be booking my appointment so I want to get all documents ready!
Re: Ireland Study Visa thread,General Life Experience of Nigerians Living in Ireland by chukgol: 12:58pm On Feb 25
Good morning afternoon Elders in the house, please I am currently in the UK, just finished my masters in data science last year. I want to relocate to Ireland probably for a second master with my dependant (wife). Please how do I about it, do Ireland allows for dependant to join up main student?
Re: Ireland Study Visa thread,General Life Experience of Nigerians Living in Ireland by veramani31: 11:28pm On Feb 25
chukgol:
Good morning afternoon Elders in the house, please I am currently in the UK, just finished my masters in data science last year. I want to relocate to Ireland probably for a second master with my dependant (wife). Please how do I about it, do Ireland allows for dependant to join up main student?

Ireland doesn’t allow dependants on masters unless it’s a PhD program

1 Like

Re: Ireland Study Visa thread,General Life Experience of Nigerians Living in Ireland by enemerci: 11:49pm On Feb 29
Please what is the average time frame it takes Ireland university to offer admission. Thank you
Re: Ireland Study Visa thread,General Life Experience of Nigerians Living in Ireland by Segunagagu(m): 10:27am On Mar 03
SeunOSEWApenis:
Please how can I apply for an Msc program in Ireland, is there a general application portal or I have to apply directly to the university?

Mainly with Their agent across Africa or U can try directly online too.
Re: Ireland Study Visa thread,General Life Experience of Nigerians Living in Ireland by Segunagagu(m): 10:30am On Mar 03
Republic001:
Hello house during submission of documents at the VFS center...pls are we to submit only the original document or photocopy...I wud soon be booking my appointment so I want to get all documents ready!
I Think it's both as far as I can remember
Re: Ireland Study Visa thread,General Life Experience of Nigerians Living in Ireland by Segunagagu(m): 10:32am On Mar 03
chukgol:
Just apply for schools in Ireland. And no, Ireland don't do all those dependants stuffs for students. Only for work permits.

Why not Also try apply for Jobs in Ireland and see if you get a job. While U are Also doing the school parole. Your field is critical skills

3 Likes

Re: Ireland Study Visa thread,General Life Experience of Nigerians Living in Ireland by Segunagagu(m): 10:33am On Mar 03
enemerci:
Please what is the average time frame it takes Ireland university to offer admission. Thank you

In very few weeks. Sometimes days sef.
Re: Ireland Study Visa thread,General Life Experience of Nigerians Living in Ireland by chukgol: 11:26am On Mar 03
Segunagagu:

Just apply for schools in Ireland. And no, Ireland don't do all those dependants stuffs for students. Only for work permits.

Why not Also try apply for Jobs in Ireland and see if you get a job. While U are Also doing the school parole. Your field is critical skills

Thanks boss
Re: Ireland Study Visa thread,General Life Experience of Nigerians Living in Ireland by enemerci: 9:44pm On Mar 05
Please is compulsory to declare visa refusal from Ireland, when applying for study visa. If I dont declare it could there consequences
Re: Ireland Study Visa thread,General Life Experience of Nigerians Living in Ireland by Republic001: 12:38pm On Mar 11
I need plug on accomodation in Dublin...I don't mind area outside Dublin..pls how can one sort accomodation from outside Ireland cos I don't want to do through accommodation issues
Re: Ireland Study Visa thread,General Life Experience of Nigerians Living in Ireland by Cindy101: 7:28pm On Mar 12
Hello everyone ,I need the gurus in the house to please assist me in making sense of this refusal letter I received today ,I plan on appealing. I will appreciate if someone can send in the appeal letter format or just share their own experience on how they sorted out their own appeal situation.

Thank you

Re: Ireland Study Visa thread,General Life Experience of Nigerians Living in Ireland by JMG12: 3:41pm On Mar 13
The reason for the refusal was clearly stated, I think you should share the documents submitted, or give details on the documents submitted.
Cindy101:
Hello everyone ,I need the gurus in the house to please assist me in making sense of this refusal letter I received today ,I plan on appealing. I will appreciate if someone can send in the appeal letter format or just share their own experience on how they sorted out their own appeal situation.

Thank you
Re: Ireland Study Visa thread,General Life Experience of Nigerians Living in Ireland by Equity15(m): 7:06am On Mar 16
Please is English test a must for MTU? Any idea if I can get a waiver for MSc? I'll be writing them an email on Monday to confirm.

I'll also like to know if they accept tuition payments in installments or if it must be paid once in full
Re: Ireland Study Visa thread,General Life Experience of Nigerians Living in Ireland by Andreconium: 11:10am On Mar 18
Hello all.

It is advisable to do a Higher Diploma in Ireland, as my grades aren't good (2:2)

However, I am going to do a Higher Diploma in Software engineering, and my Bachelor's was in Fine Arts
Re: Ireland Study Visa thread,General Life Experience of Nigerians Living in Ireland by victorVIC1(m): 4:47pm On Mar 21
Segunagagu:

Please just to understand clearly their process for work permit. Is it compulsory that one gets a job before applying or you can apply for their work permit without a job? Please note I'm also in the UK
Re: Ireland Study Visa thread,General Life Experience of Nigerians Living in Ireland by JMG12: 12:16pm On Mar 22
You can go for a higher diploma, but you need to explain why the change is a career if you don't have professional experience in the field applying for, during the visa application.
Andreconium:
Hello all.

It is advisable to do a Higher Diploma in Ireland, as my grades aren't good (2:2)

However, I am going to do a Higher Diploma in Software engineering, and my Bachelor's was in Fine Arts
Re: Ireland Study Visa thread,General Life Experience of Nigerians Living in Ireland by Vikkystar(f): 5:21pm On Mar 22
Hello house, I want to apply to University College Cork Ireland for an MSc in Clinical Measurement Physiology, it's a 2-year program with a tuition of £11,140 and an Application fee of £50, I would be specializing in cardiac physiology. This course is under the shortage occupational skill and I already have a BSc in Physiology with a 2:2 and a little experience from a hospital in this field during my internship and Nysc. I also have a diploma certificate in Caregiving from Alison with a 2-year experience in Caregiving from a children's care home here in Nigeria.
Will I be able to get a part-time job to work that would be enough to pay my tuition fee for the 2nd year?
I need honest reviews pls because I know I can get a good-paying job in the hospital after my MSc. but before then I want to know if I will be able to survive on my own.
Honest reviews pls as am approaching the deadline for application submission.
Re: Ireland Study Visa thread,General Life Experience of Nigerians Living in Ireland by Segunagagu(m): 12:48pm On Mar 24
Hey. In regards to the above. For me. I will advice if U can pay your school fees in full before U start your program. Also, have you confirmed from the school if they can allow you pay part of your tuition fees and pay the rest when you start your program?
Vikkystar:
Hello house, I want to apply to University College Cork Ireland for an MSc in Clinical Measurement Physiology, it's a 2-year program with a tuition of £11,140 and an Application fee of £50, I would be specializing in cardiac physiology. This course is under the shortage occupational skill and I already have a BSc in Physiology with a 2:2 and a little experience from a hospital in this field during my internship and Nysc. I also have a diploma certificate in Caregiving from Alison with a 2-year experience in Caregiving from a children's care home here in Nigeria.
Will I be able to get a part-time job to work that would be enough to pay my tuition fee for the 2nd year?
I need honest reviews pls because I know I can get a good-paying job in the hospital after my MSc. but before then I want to know if I will be able to survive on my own.
Honest reviews pls as am approaching the deadline for application submission.
Re: Ireland Study Visa thread,General Life Experience of Nigerians Living in Ireland by Segunagagu(m): 1:49pm On Mar 24
victorVIC1:

Please just to understand clearly their process for work permit. Is it compulsory that one gets a job before applying or you can apply for their work permit without a job? Please note I'm also in the UK

Hey bro, you have to get a job before applying.
Re: Ireland Study Visa thread,General Life Experience of Nigerians Living in Ireland by victorVIC1(m): 1:58pm On Mar 24
Segunagagu:

Hey bro, you have to get a job before applying.

So I heard. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Ireland Study Visa thread,General Life Experience of Nigerians Living in Ireland by Tagximum(m): 10:45pm On Mar 26
Hello everyone,

I would love the gurus here to advise me on what is the best route here in getting Proof of Funds and also paying school fees.
I'm a Software Engineer who wants to go and study for my MSc in Ireland. So all my salary since I've been working has always been paid in USDT. So I tend to keep that as savings to help avoid the inflation with NGN/USD issue.

Now that I want to use the saved funds for paying school fees and also show them as Proof of funds, I went to create a DOM account a few weeks ago and started depositing USD into the DOM account.

But now they will be seeing some amount in thousands of USD as lump deposit within six months account statement.
And this is my money. But how best can I present this to the embassy and visa personnel that these funds are not borrowed?

Should I continue with depositing my dollars into the DOM account?
Can I pay my school fee with a USD DOM master card from Nigeria?
Hope this won't affect my visa application.

Looking forward to your responses, thanks.
Re: Ireland Study Visa thread,General Life Experience of Nigerians Living in Ireland by Floyd45(m): 9:34am On Mar 28
Tagximum:
Hello everyone,

I would love the gurus here to advise me on what is the best route here in getting Proof of Funds and also paying school fees.
I'm a Software Engineer who wants to go and study for my MSc in Ireland. So all my salary since I've been working has always been paid in USDT. So I tend to keep that as savings to help avoid the inflation with NGN/USD issue.

Now that I want to use the saved funds for paying school fees and also show them as Proof of funds, I went to create a DOM account a few weeks ago and started depositing USD into the DOM account.

But now they will be seeing some amount in thousands of USD as lump deposit within six months account statement.
And this is my money. But how best can I present this to the embassy and visa personnel that these funds are not borrowed?

Should I continue with depositing my dollars into the DOM account?
Can I pay my school fee with a USD DOM master card from Nigeria?
Hope this won't affect my visa application.

Looking forward to your responses, thanks.

You need to just explain and attach necessary evidence if available for any lump sum going into your account. Once you have this clearly explained it shouldn't affect your visa application
Re: Ireland Study Visa thread,General Life Experience of Nigerians Living in Ireland by Soraco57(m): 1:06pm On Mar 28
Good afternoon, please I want to make an inquiry here, will be happy if someone can help me throw more light , please , I have applied for Irish Visa before in dec 2023 and I was granted though is a tourist visa but I could not go to Ireland due to flu and fever and the application takes 2 weeks as I have visited UK like 12 times last year when I applied for the Irish visa .

So comes 2024, I applied for the tourist visa again to spend my Easter break 2024 in Ireland as I explain in my new application reason why I do not use the first Irish visa granted as a result of fever and flu.

I have submitted since February 2024, and is now passed a month now and I have not heard from the embassy as my travel dates is less than 72 hours and until now I have not receive any decision as I have valid 2 years UK visa and I have visited Britain 2 times between January and February, 2024.

Imagine the travel dates pass, can still they issue the visa from experience, though am still expecting pick up message from them today or tomorrow if God wishes, please I need advice ,

Thanks
Re: Ireland Study Visa thread,General Life Experience of Nigerians Living in Ireland by Segunagagu(m): 11:03pm On Mar 31
Hey. Don't really know much about visiting visas, but I believe they have your application and maybe they have some backlog. You can keep chasing them like every two days
Soraco57:
Good afternoon, please I want to make an inquiry here, will be happy if someone can help me throw more light , please , I have applied for Irish Visa before in dec 2023 and I was granted though is a tourist visa but I could not go to Ireland due to flu and fever and the application takes 2 weeks as I have visited UK like 12 times last year when I applied for the Irish visa .

So comes 2024, I applied for the tourist visa again to spend my Easter break 2024 in Ireland as I explain in my new application reason why I do not use the first Irish visa granted as a result of fever and flu.

I have submitted since February 2024, and is now passed a month now and I have not heard from the embassy as my travel dates is less than 72 hours and until now I have not receive any decision as I have valid 2 years UK visa and I have visited Britain 2 times between January and February, 2024.

Imagine the travel dates pass, can still they issue the visa from experience, though am still expecting pick up message from them today or tomorrow if God wishes, please I need advice ,

Thanks
Re: Ireland Study Visa thread,General Life Experience of Nigerians Living in Ireland by Dainjiroux: 3:19pm On Apr 01
Good day,

Please can I get a good job in Ireland as an animal scientist?

Thank you.
Re: Ireland Study Visa thread,General Life Experience of Nigerians Living in Ireland by deyeancah(m): 12:44am On Apr 03
Please house, what do you use as proof of english while apply for visa? Thanks.
Re: Ireland Study Visa thread,General Life Experience of Nigerians Living in Ireland by Republic001: 8:22pm On Apr 06
DUOLINGO IS the most easy among all of it.
deyeancah:
Please house, what do you use as proof of english while apply for visa? Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria Through The Eyes Of An IJGB / Nigerian Reunion In Atlanta June 30- July 4 / *~Temmytanny Voted Travel Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.