Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,180 members, 7,811,449 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:51 AM

Lagos Tenant Hospitalised As Landlady Breaks Into Apartment - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Lagos Tenant Hospitalised As Landlady Breaks Into Apartment (18134 Views)

Landlady Breaks Into Tenant's Door To Force Eviction (pics, Video) / 31-Year-Old Landlady: 'I Built This House With My Money, Not With My Body' / What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Tenant Hospitalised As Landlady Breaks Into Apartment by Morbeta11(m): 6:50am On Jan 29

Olanike, the wife of a car dealer, Ayodeji Soetan, has been hospitalised after their landlady, Juliet Akano, allegedly vandalised and broke into his apartment at Tijani Bello in the Ojodu area of Lagos State.

PUNCH Metro learnt that the incident happened at about 11 am on Wednesday, January 24.

Speaking with our correspondent on Sunday, Soetan said Akano stormed the premises of the two-storey building in the company of some suspected thugs.

According to him, one of them brought out a sledgehammer and started to demolish his door and windows before eventually breaking into his apartment.

He, however, lamented that the sudden demolition affected his wife who was later rushed to the hospital due to shock resulting in high blood pressure.

While narrating the incident, he said, “I had left home in the morning when my wife called to tell me that the landlady came with some people to vandalise my flat which is on the ground floor of the building. And by the time I got home, they had vandalised my door, including my bedroom and kitchen windows. My wife lost her pregnancy two months ago and she has been recovering from the loss, but the shock of the demolition was too much for her. She developed high blood pressure and now in the hospital.”

Soetan alleged that one of the men assaulted his neighbour who attempted to restrict them from going ahead with the demolition.

He said, “In the process of trying to stop them, one of the thugs she brought assaulted my neighbour. All these were happening in the presence of our landlady while she said nothing. After doing that, they went ahead and dug a hole around the building. I have no issue with her order than the house rent I want to pay her. I have offered to pay the rent which will be due by May this year, but she has refused to collect it. She did not even give me an audience at all.”

Soetan said no prior notice was made by the landlady before the demolition.

He also added the suspected thugs who carried out the exercise were not officials of the state government as claimed by Akano.

He said, “Before this incident, she had brought some people to mark the house, claiming they were Lagos State Government officials. She said the people who vandalised our property were government officials too. But when I made my findings, I found out that they were not from the state government. How would the Lagos State Government officials come to demolish people’s property in that manner?”

When contacted, Akano picked her call but later dropped it when our correspondent introduced himself. A text message sent to her had yet to be replied to as of the time this report was filed.

https://punchng.com/lagos-tenant-hospitalised-as-landlady-breaks-into-apartment/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Tenant Hospitalised As Landlady Breaks Into Apartment by Mokason288(m): 6:56am On Jan 29
we all agree…. Say we no go greeeeee for any body

This ode go Dey greeeee for him landlady
Re: Lagos Tenant Hospitalised As Landlady Breaks Into Apartment by triple996(m): 7:01am On Jan 29
Landlord vs tenant wahala grin
But some tenants are very stubborn wooo
How I go dey follow person way use him money build house dey fight

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Tenant Hospitalised As Landlady Breaks Into Apartment by Oblongata: 7:02am On Jan 29
Ogbeni for your landlady to do such means she is tired of you. Why not just jejely pack out?

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos Tenant Hospitalised As Landlady Breaks Into Apartment by duduade: 7:04am On Jan 29
No picture of the landlady face

Most of these house owners who rent houses always act like it's the best favor they are doing you especially when both parties are not in good terms

Wo English too much

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Tenant Hospitalised As Landlady Breaks Into Apartment by jeff1993: 7:07am On Jan 29
Agbero landlady!!!

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Tenant Hospitalised As Landlady Breaks Into Apartment by Marvieduke(f): 7:08am On Jan 29
Land lady don buy market.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Tenant Hospitalised As Landlady Breaks Into Apartment by money121(m): 7:09am On Jan 29
But why?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Tenant Hospitalised As Landlady Breaks Into Apartment by GloriousGbola: 7:09am On Jan 29
pulling this in lagos?and it is in the news? the woman has bought market

she has come to ythe attention of those in authority

9 Likes

Re: Lagos Tenant Hospitalised As Landlady Breaks Into Apartment by proff010: 7:11am On Jan 29
Charge her to court.
The apartment will be yours for at least 5 years.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Tenant Hospitalised As Landlady Breaks Into Apartment by Poisonousman: 7:14am On Jan 29
They landlady is evil.. she should pick her calls and explain what happened...

1 Like

Re: Lagos Tenant Hospitalised As Landlady Breaks Into Apartment by onojaford(m): 7:14am On Jan 29
I'm convinced that very few Nigerians are capable of being tactful. We have it in us to be very inconsiderate of others; yet before shit hits the fan, these types of people affect to be the most pious and God-loving. Omashe o!

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Tenant Hospitalised As Landlady Breaks Into Apartment by isycollins(m): 7:17am On Jan 29
If that is how it happened, Ladyland is supposed to give three or six months' notice depending on how the tenant pay his rent

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Tenant Hospitalised As Landlady Breaks Into Apartment by composure: 7:19am On Jan 29
Any Tennant wey say I no like to rent the compound wey landlord dey live Abeg suspect that kind Tennant.

6 Likes

Re: Lagos Tenant Hospitalised As Landlady Breaks Into Apartment by Googledotcom: 7:19am On Jan 29
Some landladies are witches in disguise.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Tenant Hospitalised As Landlady Breaks Into Apartment by TOPCRUISE(m): 7:22am On Jan 29
For him to have offered to pay the rent which will be due by May and she has refused to collect it. That could mean she must have given him quit notice earlier or is a troublesome kind of person which he has not mentioned.

Only a landlady from hell will just bring thugs to harrass her tenants unnecessary.

10 Likes

Re: Lagos Tenant Hospitalised As Landlady Breaks Into Apartment by niggaman(m): 7:22am On Jan 29
Oblongata:
Ogbeni for your landlady to do such means she is tired of you. Why not just jejely pack out?
Oga read what is up there well, he said he is due for another rent payment by May this year meaning he is not owing her and his rentaancy has not expired. So why cant she do the right thing by issuing him and quit notice against this running rent and wait for the right time with assistance from relevant bodies to quit the tenent.
Though we also need to hear from the landlady too to know what prompted that line of action.

9 Likes

Re: Lagos Tenant Hospitalised As Landlady Breaks Into Apartment by Villagesquare: 7:25am On Jan 29
Nawaoh
Re: Lagos Tenant Hospitalised As Landlady Breaks Into Apartment by twilliamx(m): 7:28am On Jan 29
Morbeta11:

https://punchng.com/lagos-tenant-hospitalised-as-landlady-breaks-into-apartment/
This landlady don enter wahala. She no know say for Lagos. Tenant is king. Them go stay her house free for years

1 Like

Re: Lagos Tenant Hospitalised As Landlady Breaks Into Apartment by twilliamx(m): 7:29am On Jan 29
Oblongata:
There are right channels to go about things. This is not a right channel

1 Like

Re: Lagos Tenant Hospitalised As Landlady Breaks Into Apartment by Inspirer1: 7:29am On Jan 29
Hmmm, definitely it must have been traumatic for his wife.

But he didn't tell us all that happened before she came with thugs. It's just too abnormal for the landlady to do so without a prior misunderstanding between both of you, and she did so during the day for all to see exactly what happened.

Is it that she has given you 6 months quit notice from May last year and expected you to have left her house cos you said she refused to collect money from you.
It's common for tenants to say I have money to pay after they must have been issued quit notice.

6 Likes

Re: Lagos Tenant Hospitalised As Landlady Breaks Into Apartment by WeddingParol: 7:31am On Jan 29
grin grin
Re: Lagos Tenant Hospitalised As Landlady Breaks Into Apartment by blackgold2018(m): 7:32am On Jan 29
Oblongata:
thank you. And you will see people without experience supporting the Tenant.

From the tenants tune, you will find out hes a serial trouble maker.

1) by finding out the initial threat by the landlady using lagos state housing authorities as bluff
2) by intending to include the rent he owe to a new rent. See the indirect way he even explained that one.

9 Likes

Re: Lagos Tenant Hospitalised As Landlady Breaks Into Apartment by Creamypie(m): 7:32am On Jan 29
Oblongata:
Oga read again. Na may his rent expires. He's not owing her
Re: Lagos Tenant Hospitalised As Landlady Breaks Into Apartment by truthhurts2: 7:33am On Jan 29
niggaman:

Oga read what is up there well, he said he is due for another rent payment by May this year meaning he is not owing her and his rentaancy has not expired. So why cant she do the right thing by issuing him and quit notice against this running rent and wait for the right time with assistance from relevant bodies to quit the tenent.
I felt like responding to his comment, but I noticed he doesn't worth the stress...
Re: Lagos Tenant Hospitalised As Landlady Breaks Into Apartment by laivwire(m): 7:34am On Jan 29
niggaman:

He's lying or not speaking the complete truth.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Tenant Hospitalised As Landlady Breaks Into Apartment by blackgold2018(m): 7:36am On Jan 29
Creamypie:
Oga read again. Na may his rent expires. He's not owing her
you should read again.

And notice how he coined the word. Hes planning to add his previous rent arrears to the new one.

The tenant is a serial manipulative trouble maker.

Read well again. I'm speaking from experience. I have experienced both sides.
I'm presently both a Tenant and a landlord.

12 Likes

Re: Lagos Tenant Hospitalised As Landlady Breaks Into Apartment by blackgold2018(m): 7:38am On Jan 29
laivwire:

He's lying or not speaking the complete truth.
thank you bro.. its only chicken brains will believe that. Hes obviously trying to add his previous rent arrears to his new rent on may

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How I Was Defrauded Renting An Apartment In Lagos, My Experience / Why Do Most Nigerians Abroad Remain Tenants When They Are Back Home? / Hot Offer! Beachfield Estate Epe Now Selling N850k Per Plot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.