Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,850 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:16 AM

CBN Releases $500m To Clear Verified FOREX Backlog - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN Releases $500m To Clear Verified FOREX Backlog (14727 Views)

CBN May Not Clear FOREX Backlog — Report / CBN Begins To Clear FOREX Backlog / CBN Releases Cash, Orders Banks To Operate On Saturdays And Sundays (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Releases $500m To Clear Verified FOREX Backlog by aribisala0(m): 7:30pm On Jan 29
Paraman:
Is Nigeria not owing a backlog of $7b? Do the CBN no longer belong to the Nigerian state?
I already dealt with that in what you quoted. Read it slowly and comprehend
Nigeria is not owing
Like I said if you don't understand invest some time to learn and stop unnecessary stronghead or argument.
You come across as dishonest you said something and then you are denying it and when provided evidence you start arguing
It is not a debt.
Foreign investors are holding Naira and they want to change it through the CBN that is the backlog. How does that amount to NIGERIA IS OWING
Is Nigeria the CBN? Did Nigeria borrow money that is now a backlog
Be humble when you don't know
Stop arguing blindly
I
Re: CBN Releases $500m To Clear Verified FOREX Backlog by Paraman: 7:35pm On Jan 29
aribisala0:
I
Is Nigeria the CBN?
I
What type of a foolish comment is this

Is the CBN your private bank or it belong to the Nigerian Government?
Re: CBN Releases $500m To Clear Verified FOREX Backlog by D4gmail1: 7:41pm On Jan 29
Paraman:
Why did you think Nigeria is not able to pay the backlog under Emefiele? It seems you have not been following the news.

Tell me more.
Re: CBN Releases $500m To Clear Verified FOREX Backlog by Paraman: 7:42pm On Jan 29
aribisala0:

Like I said if you don't understand invest some time to learn and stop unnecessary stronghead or argument.
You come across as dishonest you said something and then you are denying it and when provided evidence you start arguing
It is not a debt.

I
If foreign investors dollars are hooked in Nigeria, is that not Nigeria owing the foreign investors?
Re: CBN Releases $500m To Clear Verified FOREX Backlog by Paraman: 7:43pm On Jan 29
D4gmail1:

Tell me more.
I asked you a question, give me a reply so we can continue the discussion.
Re: CBN Releases $500m To Clear Verified FOREX Backlog by aribisala0(m): 7:45pm On Jan 29
Paraman:
What type of a foolish comment is this

Is the CBN your private bank or it belong to the Nigerian Government?

So why did you start off lying
denying what You said it You believe this?

You are ignorant
Instead of taking time to understand how Central Banks work you are doing strong head.
You don't know. You don't know that you don't know and you believe you know everything when you are clueless

This issue is above your brain power be quiet
Re: CBN Releases $500m To Clear Verified FOREX Backlog by UNDFTD: 7:47pm On Jan 29
For those of you who believed your government when it lied to you that there's NO more oil subsidy, here is the $$ subsidy for your petroleum marketers. A subsidy by any other name is still a subsidy and the end game is still the same. Is this NOT the same government that promised you a student loan program that most of you believed and hoped would help you finish your college education? Where is the program today? Nigerians have been so oppressed and taken advantage of to the extent that when the government makes any promises that even you and the government know will never be fulfilled, you tend to believe it. There's a saying, "Fool me once shame on you but fool me twice shame on me." Your government has fooled you so many times, hence it has come to believe that you're too STUPID and FOOLISH to know any better. Otherwise, how can it be lying to you time after time and you keep falling for the same bullsh*t? No be juju be dat?

1 Like

Re: CBN Releases $500m To Clear Verified FOREX Backlog by aribisala0(m): 7:48pm On Jan 29
Paraman:
If foreign investors dollars are hooked in Nigeria, is that not Nigeria owing the foreign investors?
No it is not

Guy you lack humility to admit that you don't know
Like many Nigerians you would rather. Die than admit you don't know
Disgraceful
Re: CBN Releases $500m To Clear Verified FOREX Backlog by UnknownT: 7:49pm On Jan 29
Paraman:
Nigeria is owing $7b. $2.5b has been paid this month. Between $500m-$1b was paid in october or november. At this pace, the backlog will be cleared before the end of March.
so how did the payment affect the Naira in its fight against the Dollars?
Re: CBN Releases $500m To Clear Verified FOREX Backlog by D4gmail1: 7:53pm On Jan 29
Paraman:
I asked you a question, give me a reply so we can continue the discussion.

I don't know, so you tell me.
Re: CBN Releases $500m To Clear Verified FOREX Backlog by Paraman: 7:54pm On Jan 29
aribisala0:

So why did you start off lying
denying what You said it You believe this?

You are ignorant
Instead of taking time to understand how Central Banks work you are doing strong head.
You don't know. You don't know that you don't know and you believe you know everything when you are clueless

This issue is above your brain power be quiet

I hate foolish people like you

If not for nairaland, I 4 no dey reply your foolish comment.

This is my comment below

Paraman:
Nigeria is owing $7b. $2.5b has been paid this month. Between $500m-$1b was paid in october or november. At this pace, the backlog will be cleared before the end of March.

Is no fault of mine you don't have a common sense that will let you know am talking about the backlogs.

I'm talking about the $7 billion Nigeria is trying to clear, but you're foolishly telling me about Nigeria $114 billion debt even after I made myself very clear in my comment.
Re: CBN Releases $500m To Clear Verified FOREX Backlog by Paraman: 7:56pm On Jan 29
aribisala0:

No it is not

So why's Tinubu and the CBN running around, searching for dollars they will use to clear the backlogs?

You're one of the most foolish person in Nairaland politics section abeg grin
Re: CBN Releases $500m To Clear Verified FOREX Backlog by ozo13(m): 7:57pm On Jan 29
SoNature:
Get ready to see the USD crash in the coming days! If we can flood the market with enough USD, it can even crash to #700 for one USD in the parallel market!

Unfortunately, we just don't have smart people in government to maximise our earning potential. Better still, those who claim they are here to lead are only here to steal.
Your concluding statement is eye catching and simply the truth.u see this our country.it is call a country in which plenty citizens are against the country by buying and hoarding dollar and the ripple effect is more dollar and naira disparity.
Re: CBN Releases $500m To Clear Verified FOREX Backlog by aribisala0(m): 8:00pm On Jan 29
Paraman:
I hate foolish people like you

If not for nairaland, I 4 no dey reply your foolish comment.

This is my comment below

Is no fault of mine you don't have a common sense that will let you know am talking about the backlogs.

I'm talking about the $7 billion Nigeria is trying to clear, but you're foolishly telling me about Nigeria $114 billion debt even after I made myself very clear in my comment.
You are full of impotent hatred
It has no effect on me.
Your hatred will grow in Your spirit and never leave you
You shall receive dividends of hatred for ever,

Backlog is not a debt
Nigeria is not owing the backlog
Trying to compensate for your ignorance with abusive language is juvenile
You are a silly little boy
Re: CBN Releases $500m To Clear Verified FOREX Backlog by Paraman: 8:11pm On Jan 29
aribisala0:

You are full of impotent hatred
It has no effect on me.
Your hatred will grow in Your spirit and never leave you
You shall receive dividends of hatred for ever,
How won't I hate an 1diot like you who is putting words in my mouth?

UnknownT who I quoted below was talking about the backlog

UnknownT:
You are owing Billions of Dollars in backlog, you released 500m and you think that will increase the value of the Naira? How many % appreciation did the Naira do against the Dollars when Afrexim bank loan was secured?

This is my response to his post below

Paraman:

Then you pop out of nowhere

See the shit you wrote below

aribisala0:

You are mistaken
Nigerian debt and CBN backlog are very different things
Totally unrelated
Try to understand what the issues are . If you don't then do not comment
CBN backlog is not repeat NOT debt . The CBN is NOT the government.
The backlog is the obligation of the CBN to accept Naira from Foreign investors at an agreed exchange rate. They have brought the Naira and the FUN is not producing dollars and that is why the Naira is crashing because there are sellers offering a different rate
This thread is about the backlog the government has not been able to clear since last year or so. Go and give your useless explanation to your family and friends... I'm not interested in learning your bullshit
Re: CBN Releases $500m To Clear Verified FOREX Backlog by Tareq1105: 8:12pm On Jan 29
Error401:
Now dollar will drop again. Since there are no foreign investments, It will still rise in 2 months. Its the best time to buy Dollars.

Keep on buying Dollars and very soon you would realize that you're on the debit side of the balance sheet.
Re: CBN Releases $500m To Clear Verified FOREX Backlog by gigfx: 8:15pm On Jan 29
With this new release, Naira fit come back to #1200/#1300 and from there north side will continue.

For those thinking about Dangote and PH refinery to improve naira status, please continue to dream on and lost in lala land.

E lo fokan bale, a ma gbe wale.

Re: CBN Releases $500m To Clear Verified FOREX Backlog by t2luv1: 8:22pm On Jan 29
Its Acting Director, Corporate Communications Department, Mrs Hakama Sidi-Ali, disclosed this in a statement on Monday in Abuja.

Right there !!!! You lost me. Please don't ask me exactly where?
Re: CBN Releases $500m To Clear Verified FOREX Backlog by gigfx: 8:35pm On Jan 29
ozo13:
Your concluding statement is eye catching and simply the truth.u see this our country.it is call a country in which plenty citizens are against the country by buying and hoarding dollar and the ripple effect is more dollar and naira disparity.

I think u are missing the point, u think $500, $1000 that guys are hoarding or using to trade on binance are the cause of naira downfall, u forget we are ordinary citizens.

The real dollars are in the hands of the politicians, it is what they always use to buy vote during their primaries.

E lo fokan bale, a ma gbe wale.
Re: CBN Releases $500m To Clear Verified FOREX Backlog by charlsecy(m): 8:48pm On Jan 29
Curious345:
no it's not pms
Almost 40% of forex is spent on oil imports.
Re: CBN Releases $500m To Clear Verified FOREX Backlog by BigDawsNet: 8:56pm On Jan 29
kelvyn7:

It's not really about whether I want it to go down or not bro. It's about the country, our exports needs to increase...else it will take a miracle to make it come down 🤷🏾

Like I said... our major importation is Oil... we need lots of dollars to make that happen

With our new refinery we can save lots of dollars and even earn more from pms export to other countries...

If we really want to export more items or recourses other than oil... then it may fall lower to the level of $1 to #100... normally that should be our goals... but it's not a day job as we don't even hav necessary infrastructure to do dat
Re: CBN Releases $500m To Clear Verified FOREX Backlog by commoditiesnig: 8:58pm On Jan 29
Re: CBN Releases $500m To Clear Verified FOREX Backlog by commoditiesnig: 9:00pm On Jan 29
BigDawsNet:
Don't Buy Dollar to keep!!!!!

As soon as the both refineries begin the process of PMS Distribution and Exports... the dollar will come down and stabilise...

No talk say I no tell una oh...

Predictions says it could stay around 800 to 850 in both markets...

Talk to your account officer or finicial advisor before u invest
Very true!

1 Like

Re: CBN Releases $500m To Clear Verified FOREX Backlog by gigfx: 9:05pm On Jan 29
BigDawsNet:

Like I said... our major importation is Oil... we need lots of dollars to make that happen

With our new refinery we can save lots of dollars and even earn more from pms export to other countries...

If we really want to export more items or recourses other than oil... then it may fall lower to the level of $1 to #100... normally that should be our goals... but it's not a day job as we don't even hav necessary infrastructure to do dat

Your analysis dey good for paper ooo, but hope u know that Nigeria is part of OPEC and being a member means u cannot supply more than allocated slot u are given to supply. This supplies also include Dangote or PH refinery when they start operating.
Re: CBN Releases $500m To Clear Verified FOREX Backlog by kelvyn7: 9:07pm On Jan 29
BigDawsNet:

I get you
Re: CBN Releases $500m To Clear Verified FOREX Backlog by UnknownT: 9:11pm On Jan 29
aribisala0:

The backlog is not static it is a daily thing . The bitter truth is the backlog is growing.
There is no need to give Tinubu credit for anything though I also will not support blaming him in the short term
There is no quick fix .
The solution is either to import less of export more . None of those things can happen overnight or painlessly.
Dangote refinery should provide some relief but I don't see how Tinubu can take credit for that
Which relief will Dangote Refinery provide? You did not see the news this evening that Dangote Refinery will import Crude Oil from the US? Na Naira he wan use import am? He will still source FOREX from the limited Forex for the importation.
Re: CBN Releases $500m To Clear Verified FOREX Backlog by aribisala0(m): 9:16pm On Jan 29
UnknownT:

Which relief will Dangote Refinery provide? You did not see the news this evening that Dangote Refinery will import Crude Oil from the US? Na Naira he wan use import am? He will still source FOREX from the limited Forex for the importation.
Are you looking for a confrontation or a conversation?
Re: CBN Releases $500m To Clear Verified FOREX Backlog by UnknownT: 9:19pm On Jan 29
aribisala0:

Are you looking for a confrontation or a conversation?
lol. When did questions become confrontation?
Re: CBN Releases $500m To Clear Verified FOREX Backlog by aribisala0(m): 9:21pm On Jan 29
UnknownT:
lol. When did questions become confrontation?
What is your question?
Re: CBN Releases $500m To Clear Verified FOREX Backlog by lastkingsman: 9:22pm On Jan 29
BigDawsNet:

Which new refinery ?
Re: CBN Releases $500m To Clear Verified FOREX Backlog by PHAYOL81: 9:40pm On Jan 29
Noted
Re: CBN Releases $500m To Clear Verified FOREX Backlog by freemanq(m): 9:45pm On Jan 29
Plz house what is the implications of this to our economy?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigeria Suffering From Stagflation And Inflation: CBN / Ariaria Market Traders Protest Construction Of Illegal Structures (photos) / MasterCard Fingerprint Credit Card With In-Built Fingerprint Sensor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.