Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,977 members, 7,828,456 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:56 AM

CBN Releases $500m To Clear Verified FOREX Backlog - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN Releases $500m To Clear Verified FOREX Backlog (14770 Views)

CBN May Not Clear FOREX Backlog — Report / CBN Begins To Clear FOREX Backlog / CBN Releases Cash, Orders Banks To Operate On Saturdays And Sundays (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Releases $500m To Clear Verified FOREX Backlog by Versal: 10:50pm On Jan 29
$500m? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Daylight cashout cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: CBN Releases $500m To Clear Verified FOREX Backlog by onadana: 11:19pm On Jan 29
aribisala0:

Simple answer for those with brains

The oil prices were high for most of Jonathan's government. The only productivity as far as dollar was concerned was crude oil.
Oil prices crashed on the eve of Jonathan's departure and he has no answer. He left a crashing economy so do not deceive anybody
Jonathan inherited significant savings from Obasanjo so if you must give credit give it ton. Obasanjo.. Obasanjo cleared foreign debt before he left office

Before Jonathan left office OkonjoIweala was borrowing to pay salary.

Now what did Buhari leave? Unprecedented DEBT
newly 100% of revenue is used to SERVICE debt
Not only that Buhari has borrowed money against OIL still in the ground that has not been sold

So please do not credit Jonathan for anything

The only person who deserves credit for economic progress is Obasanjo.
He inherited huge debt and oil price was $18 when he came to office. Get he cleared the debt ,left significant Foreign Reserves and Excess Crude Savings

You still have not said anything....go back to your post and my response.
Re: CBN Releases $500m To Clear Verified FOREX Backlog by aribisala0(m): 11:23pm On Jan 29
onadana:

You still have not said anything....go back to your post and my response.
Do you imagine I have time to engage all the Nairaland miscreants in back and forth
Re: CBN Releases $500m To Clear Verified FOREX Backlog by lukui: 2:13am On Jan 30
Many don't work again

All they do is buy dollars and keep it!

Well it's not their fault it's because of the kind of govt that we have.

#itiswell!
Re: CBN Releases $500m To Clear Verified FOREX Backlog by onadana: 9:16am On Jan 30
aribisala0:

Do you imagine I have time to engage all the Nairaland miscreants in back and forth

Wise up to constructive criticism or keep your opinion to yourself.

1 Like

Re: CBN Releases $500m To Clear Verified FOREX Backlog by ozo13(m): 3:44pm On Jan 30
gigfx:

I think u are missing the point, u think $500, $1000 that guys are hoarding or using to trade on binance are the cause of naira downfall, u forget we are ordinary citizens.

The real dollars are in the hands of the politicians, it is what they always use to buy vote during their primaries.

E lo fokan bale, a ma gbe wale.
yeah I do understand.the dollars hoarding by both the political class and other citizens are the major cause.Even the little amount the citizens hide is still significant sir.Diaspora remittance in excess of 20billion dollars is another big area.all the dollars people are sending home , where e dey hide abeg.it still boils down to the fact we are a Nation in which citizens and the political class set deadly traps for ourselves against the wellbeing of the country
Re: CBN Releases $500m To Clear Verified FOREX Backlog by HeWrites(m): 6:50pm On Jan 30
Mynd44:
To those telling people to dump the Naira and those listening to them, pray you don't end up buying dollar at an amount you won't want to sell it

Lol.... What's the rate now?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

TETFUND Unveils BIMS For Tertiary Students / Shell To Divest Onshore Oil Stakes In Nigeria, Open Talks With FG / Credit Card In Nigeria: Advantages And Disadvantages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.