Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,483 members, 7,812,496 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:18 PM

Tinubu’s Monetary Policy Devalued Naira By 98 Per Cent: Pwc - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu’s Monetary Policy Devalued Naira By 98 Per Cent: Pwc (781 Views)

12 Members Of The CBN’s Monetary Policy Committee (Full List) / Malami: I Can't Advice On Monetary Policy / I Will Use A Contractionary Monetary Policy To Fight Inflation - Peter Obi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu’s Monetary Policy Devalued Naira By 98 Per Cent: Pwc by ogododo: 6:38pm On Jan 29
President Bola Tinubu’s economic policy scrapping fuel subsidy and collapsing multiple foreign exchange windows into the single Importer and Exporter, or I&E window, drastically depreciated the naira’s value by 98 per cent, a report by the Price Water Coopers (PwC) stated.

Here Are The Benefits Of Smart Beds. See Their Price Range.
Smart Beds In Mexico | Search Ads | Sponsored

Lagos: You Might Be Surprised By The Price Of Sofas In Mexico
Sofas In Mexico | Search Ads | Sponsored

The top global business advisory audit firm said in its report titled ‘Nigeria’s Economic Outlook: Seven Trends That Will Shape Nigerian Economy in 2024’ released last Wednesday that Mr Tinubu implemented policies that had the domino effect of devaluing the naira by nearly 100 per cent but appealed to foreign investors as the move was projected to improve the economy in 2024.

“Removal of fuel subsidy (which cost $10 billion in 2022), and the collapse of multiple FX windows into a single I&E window, which caused naira to depreciate by 98 per cent between May and December 2023, among other monetary policy efforts, were key programmes executed to spur growth and regain investors’ confidence,” it said.

Mr Tinubu, in his inaugural speech on May 29, 2023, announced there were no provisions covering fuel subsidy in the 2023 budget and further adopted the free float, collapsing various forex windows into the I&E to allow the market forces to dictate the price of forex.

Although eliminating subsidies without an immediate corresponding palliative plan threw citizens into untold hardship and raised prices of products and services by 100 per cent, PwC maintains the decision was necessary to appeal to investors and curb oil bunkering.

“The planned fiscal and monetary policy reforms in 2024 are expected to stimulate economic growth, reduce inflation and address the FX challenges in 2024 to drive investment,” the PwC report predicted.

https://gazettengr.com/tinubus-monetary-policy-devalued-naira-by-98-per-cent-pwc/
Re: Tinubu’s Monetary Policy Devalued Naira By 98 Per Cent: Pwc by Tntsi: 6:43pm On Jan 29
What do you expect from a "first class accountant" who does not know the value and importance of statistics in governance?

These are the consequences of grab it and run with it.
The mandate is cursed.
The land is desecrated.
The Economy is grounded

7 Likes

Re: Tinubu’s Monetary Policy Devalued Naira By 98 Per Cent: Pwc by JasonScoolari: 6:43pm On Jan 29
Tinubu will handle the economy, while Shettima will handle security.

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu’s Monetary Policy Devalued Naira By 98 Per Cent: Pwc by alsudan: 6:44pm On Jan 29
Tinubu with a less than double digit IQ is overseeing the destiny of over 230 million Nigerians.

The suffering has just started, the dunce is only clever when it involves anything drugs.

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu’s Monetary Policy Devalued Naira By 98 Per Cent: Pwc by Bobloco: 6:44pm On Jan 29
Tinubu, with his patch patch CV, CBN governor, has only succeeded in wrecking the economy.

With this, he has officially become the worst president to have ever governed this country.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu’s Monetary Policy Devalued Naira By 98 Per Cent: Pwc by gaby(m): 6:54pm On Jan 29
Lol

Balablu try oh.

98/100.

First-class material, 98 yards pere.

grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu’s Monetary Policy Devalued Naira By 98 Per Cent: Pwc by Paraman: 7:00pm On Jan 29
NNPCL will remit at least $10 billion that would have been spent on importing petrol, diesel, jet fuel etc
Re: Tinubu’s Monetary Policy Devalued Naira By 98 Per Cent: Pwc by JasonScoolari: 7:00pm On Jan 29
Paraman:
Some obi supporters are already wailing base on the headline alone.

The naira will strengthen against the dollar and inflation will start falling soon before the third quarter of this year
Anyone who demands accountability and good governance is either Obidient or IPOB to you.

Shame grin

6 Likes

Re: Tinubu’s Monetary Policy Devalued Naira By 98 Per Cent: Pwc by Paraman: 7:03pm On Jan 29
ogododo:

“The planned fiscal and monetary policy reforms in 2024 are expected to stimulate economic growth, reduce inflation and address the FX challenges in 2024 to drive investment,” the PwC report predicted.

https://gazettengr.com/tinubus-monetary-policy-devalued-naira-by-98-per-cent-pwc/
Some obi supporters are already wailing base on the headline alone.

The naira will strengthen against the dollar and inflation will start falling soon before the third quarter of this year
Re: Tinubu’s Monetary Policy Devalued Naira By 98 Per Cent: Pwc by Opintiwa: 7:04pm On Jan 29
Paraman:
Some obi supporters are already wailing base on the headline

Still licking the ass of the cocaine dispenser?

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu’s Monetary Policy Devalued Naira By 98 Per Cent: Pwc by Paraman: 7:21pm On Jan 29
JasonScoolari:
Anyone who demands accountability and good governance is either Obidient or IPOB to you.

Shame grin
Who among you wailers on this thread write any meaningful comment? Even the PWC predict the fiscal and monetary policy reforms in 2024 are expected to stimulate economic growth, reduce inflation and address the FX challenges in 2024 to drive investment,”. But you clowns are busy writing shitty comments.

There's no difference between an obidient and ipob members.
Re: Tinubu’s Monetary Policy Devalued Naira By 98 Per Cent: Pwc by JasonScoolari: 7:24pm On Jan 29
Paraman:
Who among you wailers on this thread write any meaningful comment? Even the PWC predict the fiscal and monetary policy reforms in 2024 are expected to stimulate economic growth, reduce inflation and address the FX challenges in 2024 to drive investment,”. But you clowns are busy writing shitty comments.

There's no difference between an obidient and ipob members.
If that will make you stop crying, it's okay by me. grin

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu’s Monetary Policy Devalued Naira By 98 Per Cent: Pwc by Paraman: 7:25pm On Jan 29
JasonScoolari:
If that will make you stop crying, it's okay by me. grin
I'm not crying bro, I can't cry because of your shallow comment. If you notice sef, I didn't quote your comment cause of how dumb it is.
Re: Tinubu’s Monetary Policy Devalued Naira By 98 Per Cent: Pwc by JasonScoolari: 7:28pm On Jan 29
Paraman:
I'm not crying bro, I can't cry because of your shallow comment. If you notice sef, I didn't quote your comment cause of how dumb it is.
But you actually crying as you type this.

Ebèzina, Ooh grin

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu’s Monetary Policy Devalued Naira By 98 Per Cent: Pwc by Paraman: 7:30pm On Jan 29
JasonScoolari:
But you actually crying as you type this.

Ebèzina, Ooh grin
k
Re: Tinubu’s Monetary Policy Devalued Naira By 98 Per Cent: Pwc by mrvitalis(m): 7:43pm On Jan 29
Paraman:
NNPCL will remit at least $10 billion that would have been spent on importing petrol, diesel, jet fuel etc
And you would still buy fuel 650 ?
Re: Tinubu’s Monetary Policy Devalued Naira By 98 Per Cent: Pwc by Paraman: 7:44pm On Jan 29
mrvitalis:

And you would still buy fuel 650 ?
I don't mind so far we are not importing the petrol
Re: Tinubu’s Monetary Policy Devalued Naira By 98 Per Cent: Pwc by mrvitalis(m): 7:46pm On Jan 29
Paraman:
I don't mind so far we are not importing the petrol
If NNPC stop buying and selling petrol at a lost

Petrol price would be ( Diesel price -#70)

That's over 1200
Re: Tinubu’s Monetary Policy Devalued Naira By 98 Per Cent: Pwc by Tochi3(m): 8:04pm On Jan 29
Lagoon developer fumbling & failing upandan with his Audio first class in Accountancy..

Thief'nubu is a Fan of dundee United failure incorporated..

Clueless cocain sniffer
Re: Tinubu’s Monetary Policy Devalued Naira By 98 Per Cent: Pwc by Gadafii: 8:14pm On Jan 29
He think say Nigeria na Lagos, shiit heavy am for nyash 😂😂

When we clamored to have him present his ideas and plans to Nigerians in an open debate, agbado people called us names, first class accountant indeed 🤧🤧

No singke policy if his has brought any respite, instead from worse to “God Abeg😭🙏”

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu’s Monetary Policy Devalued Naira By 98 Per Cent: Pwc by Jlow2: 8:17pm On Jan 29
Pls tell us any positive impact of tinubus administration on lives of nigerians

1 Like

Re: Tinubu’s Monetary Policy Devalued Naira By 98 Per Cent: Pwc by RepoMan007: 8:30pm On Jan 29
The call it sophistry.
Re: Tinubu’s Monetary Policy Devalued Naira By 98 Per Cent: Pwc by ogododo: 8:40pm On Jan 29
Nlfpmod.
Re: Tinubu’s Monetary Policy Devalued Naira By 98 Per Cent: Pwc by DMerciful(m): 8:52pm On Jan 29
Tinubu is a monumental failure
Re: Tinubu’s Monetary Policy Devalued Naira By 98 Per Cent: Pwc by ogododo: 9:49pm On Jan 29
DMerciful:
Tinubu is a monumental failure
No be lie.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu’s Monetary Policy Devalued Naira By 98 Per Cent: Pwc by SeeWahala: 11:44pm On Jan 29
RepoMan007:
The call it sophistry.

Sophisticated sophistry indeed cool
Re: Tinubu’s Monetary Policy Devalued Naira By 98 Per Cent: Pwc by Yankee101: 1:36am On Jan 30
I hope salaries will be increased by 100%
Tinubu has failed on arrival
They steal unfollowed and you salaries are still in naira with no increase, fight for your rights
Re: Tinubu’s Monetary Policy Devalued Naira By 98 Per Cent: Pwc by ogododo: 8:02am On Jan 30
Na 120%.
Re: Tinubu’s Monetary Policy Devalued Naira By 98 Per Cent: Pwc by WeddingParol: 8:09am On Jan 30
When IMF and World Bank gives you a measure, trust me, the measure is to make life a living hell for the people.

As dull as Buhari was, he did not fall for it.

Tinubu was just too desperate to yield to the bidding of the west.

(1) (Reply)

A UK based Nigerian Artist Whose Niche Caters To White Racists / Senate Receives Report On N400m Contract Scandal / $43million Allocation To Sport Commission. No Account?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.