Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,375 members, 7,836,529 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:23 AM

Suspected Killers Of Jam Master Jay Go On Trial In New York - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Suspected Killers Of Jam Master Jay Go On Trial In New York (10127 Views)

Khafi Kareem Pleads For Help In Finding Killers Of Her Brother, Alexander / Lizzy Anjorin Accuses Ex Boyfriend Of Sending Killers After Her (Photos) / Wizkid: "Olamide - Wo, Na My Jam Be Dat" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Suspected Killers Of Jam Master Jay Go On Trial In New York by PriNceNova(m): 6:46am On Jan 30
JealousCobra:

Western.
true

1 Like

Re: Suspected Killers Of Jam Master Jay Go On Trial In New York by blowjohn(m): 6:50am On Jan 30
Supreme team. Crazy dudes. 50 cent, Suge Knight, Nas, terror sqaad, Wutang clan, mobb deep, death row, bad boy records, etc

Not to be messed with back then, especially Suge Knight.

Nas rapped on 'memory lane'

My intellect prevails from a hangin' cross with nails
I reinforce the frail with lyrics that's real
Word to Christ, a disciple of streets, trifle on beats
I decipher prophecies through a mic and say "Peace"
I hung around the older crews while they sling smack to dingbats
They spoke of Fat Cat, that nigga's name made bell rings, black
Some fiends scream about Supreme Team, a Jamaica Queens thing
Uptown was Alpo, son, heard he was kingpin
Yo, Bleep, rap is real, watch the herbs stand still
Never talkin' to snakes, 'cause the words of man kill
True in the game, as long as blood is blue in my veins
I pour my Heineken brew to my deceased crew on memory lane. ..

Nas also rapped on '10 points'

Take it from a street dude, you don't need to be a street dude
Get a lawyer, read your contract, and eat food
Become a Bird, a Flack, a Lionel
When you catch flack, that mean they got they eye on you
Produce great results, they start to lie on you
Is it love for a Queens dude in Supreme shoes
Or did the street code expire with these dudes?
Especially now, I don't expect you to bow, but stand
Creating jobs, named my venture from after the land
I came from, that's unheard of
A hood that's known for murder now doing mergers
The streets is a lie, don't believe these dudes, jail or death is all you get
They tell you never move, but when they get money, they split.

Then Nas rapped on 'death row east':

Before Machiavelli the Don left
Booked a flight, flying out West
We was trying to squash the whole shit in Vegas
No media to eat it up and leak it in the papers
Eric B, Big D, and Preme was affiliated
Peace to Edi, Napoleon and all the innovators
We had respect before we was ever some entertainers
See Suge, he was a dangerous threat
Mob almost turned half of New York red
Brothers I grew up with threw up their sets
Some even had them Death Row chains hang off they necks
There's a rumor that spread I'd like to address
Pac was never set up by Stretch (let it rest)
I stepped to him at Bryant Park so we could speak direct
He didn't disrespect, we planned to reconnect
I flew to Vegas to shoot the Street Dreams video and link with Tupac
Tried to squash the East Coast West Coast beef
We didn't talk
But he was still alive in the hospital
And it rained that day in Vegas (yo, chill out, chill out, yo)
Rest In Power (hold on)
This is my n- Nas and we both got one thing in common
We both, we both represent Queens to the fullest, aight?
This brother was good enough to stop his show
And I want everybody in here
Everybody stand up on their feet first and foremost, please
At 7:03 PM New York time, 4:03 PM Las Vegas time
Tupac Shakur passed away y'all
Give me a moment of silence. ...

Nas a real one.
Stopped his show to let everyone give their last respects to Pac
Re: Suspected Killers Of Jam Master Jay Go On Trial In New York by maasoap(m): 7:03am On Jan 30
bluefilm:
Jam Master Jay died because of 50 Cent

Coming up, 50 Cent dissed some drug lords and exposed their dealings in some of his songs.

This angered the drug lords and they put out an order that no music label should sign 50 Cent.

Jam Master Jay said fuck_ that and went ahead to give 50 Cent a chance

He was shot dead in his studio

You meant that the government/prosecutors who waited for 20 years before making arrests made mistake? You knew better than them? Do you even know how much resources might have been committed into this investigation?
There might have various theories, the trial of these murderers is the fact.
Re: Suspected Killers Of Jam Master Jay Go On Trial In New York by tishbite43: 7:11am On Jan 30
I think this is the plausible story
I don't see why he would have been killed because of 50 who had signed to Columbia Records under Nas.
Re: Suspected Killers Of Jam Master Jay Go On Trial In New York by KillahPriest: 7:14am On Jan 30
[quote author=naptu2 post=128193219][/quote]50 Cent - how to rob
Re: Suspected Killers Of Jam Master Jay Go On Trial In New York by Bobloco: 7:20am On Jan 30
oyeb15:
Small quarrel that can be settled in family meeting in 9ja, one idiot will just carry pistol and shoot everybody in US.

Honestly, any small fvck you, fvck you, somebody don pull trigger

4 Likes

Re: Suspected Killers Of Jam Master Jay Go On Trial In New York by Thazard(m): 7:50am On Jan 30
I think i watched a movie about this called 'get down'
Re: Suspected Killers Of Jam Master Jay Go On Trial In New York by autodoctor: 8:08am On Jan 30
They left the real rap music thing and started promoting violence. These are the offshoots. I hope they pay heavily dearly for this.
Re: Suspected Killers Of Jam Master Jay Go On Trial In New York by Kionrae: 8:31am On Jan 30
PriNceNova:
I like European justice system... After so long
USA IS NOT EUROPEAN ,but i get your point tho
Re: Suspected Killers Of Jam Master Jay Go On Trial In New York by JagabanB: 8:36am On Jan 30
Brendaniel:
Now this is what I keep telling those who try to compare crimes in USA and Nigeria, this is one of the major difference, the system there constantly seeks to find justice for the victim(s) because the government puts in conscious efforts to do that, can you say the same about Nigeria?

I have seen cases that happened in the 1960's being solved in the 2020's in America, the government puts in conscious effort to deliver justice no matter how long it takes even if the whole people involved are all dead.

If Nigeria brings up a case after that long, u will come back to iñsuIt Nigerîà, we know people Iike u, whatever the west does is right.
Re: Suspected Killers Of Jam Master Jay Go On Trial In New York by MayowaTallguy: 8:39am On Jan 30
This story is not storying o
After the incident and 50 went back in the studio and dish Many Men
Here is what he said related to the Shooting

In the Bible, it says what goes around, comes around
Hommo shot me, three weeks later he got shot down
Now it's clear that I'm here for a real reason
'Cause he got hit like I got hit, but he ain't fuckin' breathin'

Now do the maths guys,the mob boss get arrested by the fbi not even 3 weeks more like 3 months not even related to 50s.
Make una no Scatter my head biko.
Re: Suspected Killers Of Jam Master Jay Go On Trial In New York by JagabanB: 8:40am On Jan 30
fearlessfang:
A working system will make sure criminals do not go without justice.

In Nigeria, the system does not care. Your life is worth nothing.

I will advice you that if you have any means possible, leave that hell hole called Nigeria
The post is about one thing, ur comment is about another thing.
Will u say the same thing if it takes almost two decades to bring people to justice for mûrdèr in Nigerîà?
Re: Suspected Killers Of Jam Master Jay Go On Trial In New York by naptu2: 8:57am On Jan 30
MayowaTallguy:
This story is not storying o
After the incident and 50 went back in the studio and dish Many Men
Here is what he said related to the Shooting

In the Bible, it says what goes around, comes around
Hommo shot me, three weeks later he got shot down
Now it's clear that I'm here for a real reason
'Cause he got hit like I got hit, but he ain't fuckin' breathin'

Now do the maths guys,the mob boss get arrested by the fbi not even 3 weeks more like 3 months not even related to 50s.
Make una no Scatter my head biko.

Hahahahahaha

Don't tell me that you think that Kenneth "Supreme" McGriff would personally go and shoot 50 Cent? 🤣

Do you know what "put a hit on him" means.

Go and find out about someone called Daryl "Hommo" Baum and his relationship with Kenneth McGriff.

Go and find out about the feud between 50 Cent vs The Supreme Team and the Gottis.

Find out when Darryl Baum died.
Re: Suspected Killers Of Jam Master Jay Go On Trial In New York by MayowaTallguy: 9:00am On Jan 30
naptu2:

Hahahahahaha

Don't tell me that you think that Kenneth "Supreme" McGriff would personally go and shoot 50 Cent? 🤣

Do you know what "put a hit on him" means.

Go and find out about someone called Daryl "Hommo" Baum and his relationship with Kenneth McGriff.

Go and find out about the feud between 50 Cent vs The Supreme Team and the Gottis.

Find out when Darryl Baum died.
Ok "put a hit on him means there's a price on his head I guess, so every hit man will be out for him"
Ok ok ok
So the nigha who shot him really died after 3 weeks
This niggas are really putting every thing they been thru I'm their lyrics
Now I see why gunna snitch and thug might be looking at life behind bars
Re: Suspected Killers Of Jam Master Jay Go On Trial In New York by 3seriez(m): 9:05am On Jan 30
naptu2:
There were many theories about who killed Jam Master Jay.

1) 50 Cent had released a song about Kenneth "Supreme" McGriff, leader of the Supreme Team gang and McGriff was not happy about it. He ordered a hit on 50 Cent (50 was shot 9 times) and placed a ban on 50 Cent's music. Radio stations would not play 50 Cent's songs and studios would not record his music.

However, Jam Master Jay was one of 50's mentors and his radio station played 50's music. Some believe that Jam Master Jay was killed because of this.

2) Jam Master Jay had campaigned gainst drug use in the 1980s and 1990s. However, he became broke and owed the government (IRS) a lot of money in back taxes. Some say that he turned to drugs to earn money to pay the IRS and that he was killed because of a drug deal that went wrong. They say that he was owing his dealer.

3) Some say that his godson and childhood friend killed him because they were cut out of a drug deal.

So you're an old Hip hop head. Nice. Different theories to JMJ's death but everyone agrees it was defo drug related.
But that How to Rob song triggered alot of industry cats back then, was an attention grabbing song then. 50 was trying to get noticed by the industry, but rapping about McGriff definitely got him into alot of trouble.
That New York rap scene has always been hot and filled with one drama after another. The scene also took away Freaky tah of Lost Boyz & Big L.
Those were the days, now the majority just rap rubbish.
Re: Suspected Killers Of Jam Master Jay Go On Trial In New York by YorubaKing: 9:32am On Jan 30
PriNceNova:
I like European justice system... After so long

European bawo? angry
Re: Suspected Killers Of Jam Master Jay Go On Trial In New York by Streetmovement(m): 10:09am On Jan 30
3seriez:

So you're an old Hip hop head. Nice. Different theories to JMJ's death but everyone agrees it was defo drug related.
But that How to Rob song triggered alot of industry cats back then, was an attention grabbing song then. 50 was trying to get noticed by the industry, but rapping about McGriff definitely got him into alot of trouble.
That New York rap scene has always been hot and filled with one drama after another. The scene also took away Freaky tah of Lost Boyz & Big L.
Those were the days, now the majority just rap rubbish.

Wotoporiously cool speaking

Nobody wants to talk about real stuffs no more cuz real stuff can get you killed, everybody trying to be careful now that's why most times we think this new generation of rappers are rubbish, believe me they're not and their real life is also as dirty as the ones before them.
Re: Suspected Killers Of Jam Master Jay Go On Trial In New York by owolabi5: 10:12am On Jan 30
angry
Re: Suspected Killers Of Jam Master Jay Go On Trial In New York by Streetmovement(m): 10:12am On Jan 30

I love 50 cent, he's one of the releast in the game, fearless and very determined, not many in the industry can throw hands with 50 when it comes to this street shit but I guess most of this rappers prefer guns to throwing hands.
Re: Suspected Killers Of Jam Master Jay Go On Trial In New York by Brendaniel: 10:35am On Jan 30
JagabanB:

If Nigeria brings up a case after that long, u will come back to iñsuIt Nigerîà, we know people Iike u, whatever the west does is right.

Have they brought up any case yet?

Let them being it first before you judge...
Re: Suspected Killers Of Jam Master Jay Go On Trial In New York by 3seriez(m): 3:02pm On Jan 30
Streetmovement:

Nobody wants to talk about real stuffs no more cuz real stuff can get you killed, everybody trying to be careful now that's why most times we think this new generation of rappers are rubbish, believe me they're not and their real life is also as dirty as the ones before them.

I get but some of these new cats are keeping the flag flying lyrically. Even though they're in the minority. Cats like J.Cole, baby keem, Kendrick Lamar, schoolboy Q, Moneybag yo etc.

1 Like

Re: Suspected Killers Of Jam Master Jay Go On Trial In New York by JagabanB: 3:17pm On Jan 30
Brendaniel:

Have they brought up any case yet?

Let them being it first before you judge...
U should have cited examples of such cases that were abandoned before u critîcize.
Re: Suspected Killers Of Jam Master Jay Go On Trial In New York by Streetmovement(m): 5:03pm On Jan 30
3seriez:

I get but some of these new cats are keeping the flag flying lyrically. Even though they're in the minority. Cats like J.Cole, baby keem, Kendrick Lamar, schoolboy Q, Moneybag yo etc.

Yeah true that
Re: Suspected Killers Of Jam Master Jay Go On Trial In New York by SaLongs1(m): 5:09pm On Jan 30
GloriousGbola:

Two years ago a friend of mine
Asked me to say some Mc rhyme
So I said the rhyme I'm about to say
The rhyme was - - - - - and it went thus way
Down...withda k..I..n..G..s!!!
Re: Suspected Killers Of Jam Master Jay Go On Trial In New York by Brendaniel: 5:52pm On Jan 30
JagabanB:

U should have cited examples of such cases that were abandoned before u critîcize.

All the people that have been killed in Plateau, Benue and Kaduna alone, have they given them justice?
Re: Suspected Killers Of Jam Master Jay Go On Trial In New York by naptu2: 6:32pm On Jan 30
naptu2:
This is my second favourite Run DMC song. They are one of the few groups that transitted from Old School Hip Hop to the Golden Age of Hip Hop.

Whose house?
Run's House.
(Say, say what? )

They are basically saying that they own the stage.

Run DMC - Run's House (1988).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xMJZHrG_94

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Suspected Killers Of Jam Master Jay Go On Trial In New York by naptu2: 6:35pm On Jan 30
naptu2:
A DJ remixed this song in 1997 and that version also got to the top of the charts. This is the original version.

Run DMC - It's Like That (1983).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hN1SKVx31s

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Suspected Killers Of Jam Master Jay Go On Trial In New York by JagabanB: 12:03am On Jan 31
Brendaniel:

All the people that have been killed in Plateau, Benue and Kaduna alone, have they given them justice?
All the people kiIIèd in gûñ vióIèñce, have America given them justice?
Re: Suspected Killers Of Jam Master Jay Go On Trial In New York by Brendaniel: 12:45am On Jan 31
JagabanB:

All the people kiIIèd in gûñ vióIèñce, have America given them justice?

The system is working to give them justice, that is why you are even commenting on this thread in the first place, can you say the same about Nigeria on a case or cases that happened when this same incident happened in the USA that our Nigeria police is still working on if the perpetrators are yet to be caught?
Re: Suspected Killers Of Jam Master Jay Go On Trial In New York by JagabanB: 6:12pm On Jan 31
Brendaniel:

The system is working to give them justice, that is why you are even commenting on this thread in the first place, can you say the same about Nigeria on a case or cases that happened when this same incident happened in the USA that our Nigeria police is still working on if the perpetrators are yet to be caught?
Lol.
The number of people mûrdèrèd in coId bIood this year aIone in US haven't seen anything Iike justice, stop the deIusions
Re: Suspected Killers Of Jam Master Jay Go On Trial In New York by Brendaniel: 11:01pm On Jan 31
JagabanB:

Lol.
The number of people mûrdèrèd in coId bIood this year aIone in US haven't seen anything Iike justice, stop the deIusions

Show me the stats as evidence and I will show you the Nigerian own as evidence from various massacres and genocides that nobody has been arrested or prosecuted....
Re: Suspected Killers Of Jam Master Jay Go On Trial In New York by JagabanB: 11:33pm On Jan 31
Brendaniel:

Show me the stats as evidence and I will show you the Nigerian own as evidence from various massacres and genocides that nobody has been arrested or prosecuted....
U have a TV, if u don't, u have a PC or phone.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

SHOCKING!! Top Nollywood Lesbian Of All Time / Black Edomites And Jews Are Responsiblle For Most Wickedness In The World / Ogenna Walter Calls For Political Inclusion Of Women,youths At Int'l Women Power

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.