Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,896 members, 7,810,443 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:08 AM

Japanese Scientists Record Plants "Talking" To Each Other - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Japanese Scientists Record Plants "Talking" To Each Other (34603 Views)

Manager Of Japanese Baseball Team Enters Stadium On A Flying Motorbike / Latest Clay Pot 'Water Dispenser' That Got People Talking - Photos / Spacex CEO Elon Musk To Send Japanese Billionaire To The Moon On It’s New Rocket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Japanese Scientists Record Plants "Talking" To Each Other by dayleke: 7:44am On Jan 31
seanwilliam:
Nothing new, happens in Ibadan everyday

Omoh, you blew me away with this one o. grin
Re: Japanese Scientists Record Plants "Talking" To Each Other by Yankiss(m): 7:45am On Jan 31
Toluabigr8:
Wetin vegetarian go come dey eat like this grin
I wonder. Why can't scientists create food that is neither vegetarian nor animal-based?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Japanese Scientists Record Plants "Talking" To Each Other by HBB1(m): 7:46am On Jan 31
Toluabigr8:

🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: Japanese Scientists Record Plants "Talking" To Each Other by AuthorMan: 7:47am On Jan 31
Toluabigr8:

We dat eat animals that communicate with themselves wetin do us. Goats talk to themselves na.

Some dey even eat baboon and gorrila the closest animals to humans.
Nothing do dem.

grin
Re: Japanese Scientists Record Plants "Talking" To Each Other by Edusouls(m): 7:48am On Jan 31
smudge2079:
This na rubbish abeg. As dem dey talk to demselves now, weytin we wan use am do? these people have a way of wasting funds.
don’t mind them bro, too much money Dey their hands I don’t see any importance of this to humanity
Re: Japanese Scientists Record Plants "Talking" To Each Other by FFIA: 7:48am On Jan 31
Toluabigr8:
grin
Re: Japanese Scientists Record Plants "Talking" To Each Other by MemoriesAndMe: 7:49am On Jan 31
Lol. What could plants be discussing about? Politics? Current affairs? Football? Sex? Clubbing? In what language?

According to the video, one plant warns the others that caterpillars are feeding on its leaves, for what to happen exactly? For the other plants to suddenly grow feet and run away from that vicinity?

Weird scientists everywhere.
Re: Japanese Scientists Record Plants "Talking" To Each Other by Englishisamust: 7:49am On Jan 31
davidtemi:
Wat were they saying pls?

Dem dey discuss about price of fuel in nigeria undecided undecided
Re: Japanese Scientists Record Plants "Talking" To Each Other by Edusouls(m): 7:50am On Jan 31
They should use all these funds they are wasting in irrelevant research to help the multitude of humans suffering from devastating wars, hunger, poverty, famine, conflicts , diseases , improve standards of living
Re: Japanese Scientists Record Plants "Talking" To Each Other by BafanaBafana: 7:52am On Jan 31
nairalanda1:

NIgerian scientists also know how to do research.

The problem is, the universites are so badly funded because we don't earn enough money to fund our universties to do world leading research.

Japan has a higher GDP because it actively exports manufactured goods and services, it has a high tax uptake and it also has a diversifed economy. And students pay high fees to study in their unviersties. Result, they have the cash to pay for world leading univesties.

Nigeria, we have a ministry of education that is poorly funded, we rely on oil that at best can sustain a nation below 10 million, not the 200 million we have, less than 30% of taxable Nigerians pay taxes to the state and federal government, and our university fees are so low that it is a joke

But hey, it is best to blame Nigerian researchers for not being able to do research because they want to chase skirt. Well, even in big countries there are many lecturers chasing skirt...and still doing research because they have the money to do so.

That is why our lecturers fight with government via ASUU...because they want more money to be able to do research (and yes, they want more money for their salaries, because it is their right to demand better pay...just like you ).

But people like you come here to write jokes, and don't consider why.
You are not aware that they give grants to Nigerians for research and they use the money to build houses and buy cars?
I'm not joking please.

1 Like

Re: Japanese Scientists Record Plants "Talking" To Each Other by tophempire: 7:54am On Jan 31
axglide:
Glory to Jesus Christ The Son of God. Accept Jesus Christ today as your Lord and Savior.

Colossians 1:16-17 KJV - “ For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him. And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist.

ANOTHER EFULEFU... WHEN WAS JESUS BORN??
DEM DE TALK SCIENCE YOU DE MISYARN RELIGION

2 Likes

Re: Japanese Scientists Record Plants "Talking" To Each Other by AuthorMan: 7:55am On Jan 31
Jokerman:
Everyday science keeps exposing Atheists as fools

Exactly what I thought the moment I saw the thread.
Atheism is actually another word for foolishness.

They are a group of stubborn insincere guys who have chosen a way of life and have decided to stick by it even when proofs that nulify their beliefs stare them in the face.

Why must someone want to see or hear God before he believes the spiritual exists. When lesser spiritual happenings surround them daily?

Gross foolishness is what it is called.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Japanese Scientists Record Plants "Talking" To Each Other by Jeje247: 7:58am On Jan 31
Re: Japanese Scientists Record Plants "Talking" To Each Other by epainos: 7:59am On Jan 31
The study of plant is the new "thing" now. Botanical science is a serious business presently. Trust me....anyone doing it will be a problem solver very soon.
Re: Japanese Scientists Record Plants "Talking" To Each Other by Pimine: 8:00am On Jan 31
Toluabigr8:
Vegetarians are confused people. "Don't eat and kill animals yen yen yen" meanwhile farmers kill a ton of animals and insects in order to protect their stupid vegetables 🙄. But let's all pretend we don't know all of that!

1 Like

Re: Japanese Scientists Record Plants "Talking" To Each Other by adontcare(f): 8:03am On Jan 31
BafanaBafana:
Imagine a plant crying out to the next one that he is being eaten by a caterpillar, the one receiving the message is gripping by fear he tries some defence mechanism which doesn't work out, the caterpillar comes over and still deals with him. Both plants then cry together.

Nigerian scientists only know how to follow small university girls and fight FG in the name of ASUU
lol 😂
Re: Japanese Scientists Record Plants "Talking" To Each Other by Chukwuka319(m): 8:04am On Jan 31
Sometimes I wonder what the purpose of studying Biological sciences in Nigeria is,if the ones we have are just redundant and lifeless.
Biologists in sane climes are making advancements in studying of Nature's mysteries and discovering more about God's Creation,but ours are just good for nothing.
Re: Japanese Scientists Record Plants "Talking" To Each Other by immortalcrown(m): 8:08am On Jan 31
So, what did the plants say to each other?
Re: Japanese Scientists Record Plants "Talking" To Each Other by HRMK: 8:09am On Jan 31
in which language?
Re: Japanese Scientists Record Plants "Talking" To Each Other by article1: 8:10am On Jan 31
Really, in what language do they speak, Japanese or Swahili?
Re: Japanese Scientists Record Plants "Talking" To Each Other by Nahunger(m): 8:11am On Jan 31
davidtemi:
Wat were they saying pls?

I put hear make I know watin the plants dey talk, be like the plants are hungry.
Re: Japanese Scientists Record Plants "Talking" To Each Other by jeff1607(m): 8:13am On Jan 31
The plants should talk to the weeds to let them be
Re: Japanese Scientists Record Plants "Talking" To Each Other by davidtemi(m): 8:14am On Jan 31
Nahunger:

I put hear make I know watin the plants dey talk, be like the plants are hungry.
Ahha tinubu no give them corn chop??
Why nah

Plants too dey feel the heat grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Japanese Scientists Record Plants "Talking" To Each Other by davidtemi(m): 8:17am On Jan 31
Englishisamust:

Dem dey discuss about price of fuel in nigeria undecided undecided
Damn it !
Na only tinubu go fit understand those plants language be dat nah but I doubt if he send anybody talkless of plant grin grin
Re: Japanese Scientists Record Plants "Talking" To Each Other by Princewill1(m): 8:17am On Jan 31
This does not come as a surprise to me. I have long held this belief.

If the man-made Artificial Intelligence we are creating today are becoming sentinent (that is self aware). How much more for a plant with life in it.

I also believe that there is life in every matter. This maybe proven by scientists in the future.
Re: Japanese Scientists Record Plants "Talking" To Each Other by nairalanda1(m): 8:17am On Jan 31
BafanaBafana:

You are not aware that they give grants to Nigerians for research and they use the money to build houses and buy cars?
I'm not joking please.

The fact is, the grants don't solve the bigger problems affecting education in Nigeria, and many lecturers also do use their grant monies for research by the way. The fact that some misuse the money does not mean all of them do.

And you are joking. You are blaming the misdeeds of a few lecturers for the rot in the entire system fostered by poor funding and poor access to appropriate facilites.

Better tell your government to lead us well.
Re: Japanese Scientists Record Plants "Talking" To Each Other by Agboriotejoye(m): 8:20am On Jan 31
Wahala for vegetarians
Las las na only water dem go dey drink grin cheesy
Re: Japanese Scientists Record Plants "Talking" To Each Other by pikechukwu6(m): 8:25am On Jan 31
Wow... this is true. I heard it saying "born to suffer" shocked
Re: Japanese Scientists Record Plants "Talking" To Each Other by CaptainFM1: 8:27am On Jan 31
I can bet whatever Language they are speaking will definitely not be Africans. Soon, they will start their own slave trade and colonisation and every plants in Africa will be their subjects.

They will so impoverish their slaves to the extent that many plants from Africa will start to Japa on their own to meet them.

Africa is always late to the party when it comes to selling lies, deceits & dummies to the world.

Our scientist should also bamboozle the world with something whether it's real or not. Leave them confuse and continue to ponder on it till Jesus comes. T.B Joshua perhaps understand this western world better. Sell to them what they sell to you. It's all part of the trick of modern civilization.
Re: Japanese Scientists Record Plants "Talking" To Each Other by Coolgent(m): 8:29am On Jan 31
Don't waste your data o.

Nigerian Professors how far?
Re: Japanese Scientists Record Plants "Talking" To Each Other by Emyogalanya: 8:30am On Jan 31
BafanaBafana:
Imagine a plant crying out to the next one that he is being eaten by a caterpillar, the one receiving the message is gripping by fear he tries some defence mechanism which doesn't work out, the caterpillar comes over and still deals with him. Both plants then cry together.

Nigerian scientists only know how to follow small university girls and fight FG in the name of ASUU
Ah then they should form Vigilantee groups maybe the can defend themselves against the marauding Catapillar invaders. If their government fails to protect them

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kangaroo Rescued From Freezing Lake in Australia (Pix, Video) / Ladies Rescue Turtle At A Private Beach In Lagos, Sent It Back To The Sea / New Specie Of Pit Viper, Devil-Eyed Frog & Others Found In Bolivian Andes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.