Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,156 members, 7,818,501 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:25 PM

Can ₦2M Finish The Construction Of A 2-Bedroom Flat? - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Can ₦2M Finish The Construction Of A 2-Bedroom Flat? (23025 Views)

Can 2M Be Enough For A Bachelor To Rent A House And Live Comfortably In Lagos? / The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process / The Construction Of The Abeokuta City Centre Begins (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can ₦2M Finish The Construction Of A 2-Bedroom Flat? by dapotemi: 3:42pm On Jan 30
Charisdesigns:
The Answer you seek lies in two places
1) the floor plan
2)the nature of your land (sloppy or flat)

However for a basic 2bedrooms bungalow to finish, keep atleast 4m.

Attach is a 2 bedrooms designed by us with flat roof and construction cost is way above the 2m threshold

Pics 1 design
Pics 2 build

It will also interest you to see how the nature of you land affects construction cost. check out our live construction thread of bungalow flats on a very sloppy land.

https://www.nairaland.com/7538221/construction-process-bungalow-apartments

This is simple and nice
Re: Can ₦2M Finish The Construction Of A 2-Bedroom Flat? by WarriAproko: 3:43pm On Jan 30
Residential building for tenants and plaza which is more profitable
Re: Can ₦2M Finish The Construction Of A 2-Bedroom Flat? by unscripted(m): 3:43pm On Jan 30
ceejayluv:
Just pump the 2 Milla and see where it'll reach.
brother 2milla no be pump ooo, use right verb abeg ..

1 Like

Re: Can ₦2M Finish The Construction Of A 2-Bedroom Flat? by stigman(m): 3:44pm On Jan 30
Obito555:
No

No matter the location the least u can get is foundation and blocksetting to lintel level.

U need more funds for roofing talk less of plastering, window and finishes

What are you saying, he can
6" block @360 x 1500 = 540,000
Cement @5500 x 50= 275,000
Sand = 20 tons = 140,000
Plaster sand 10 tons = 70
Labour for block #80 x 1500 blocks = 120,000
Digging and blinding of foundation = highest 50,000 ( which is high o)
Plastering of wall = 4000 per partition x the number of partitions

You still have change for roofing

I used 1200 for the two rooms in the picture
It's 16 ft x 16 ft

6 Likes

Re: Can ₦2M Finish The Construction Of A 2-Bedroom Flat? by money121(m): 3:44pm On Jan 30
NO
Re: Can ₦2M Finish The Construction Of A 2-Bedroom Flat? by Bacteria8: 3:45pm On Jan 30
Strokes:
If it's just to put up blocks no problem. But to finish a house, you need far more than that

I'm on a 2 bedroom flat up and down and as at yesterday, I had spent 19m and I haven't finished it yet. Still have almost 5m estimate to finish up.

To sink a borehole alone, to get windows, doors, roof, electrical, etc

Wait, you have spent 19m on a two bedroom flat so far ?? undecided
And still 5m to go ??

What's going on ?? Are you building on water ??

2 Likes

Re: Can ₦2M Finish The Construction Of A 2-Bedroom Flat? by stigman(m): 3:46pm On Jan 30
Roseodd:
Please can 2million naira finish 2 bedroom flat upto roofing level.
I will need urgent reply please.

Check my reply down the comments
Re: Can ₦2M Finish The Construction Of A 2-Bedroom Flat? by VEE2010(m): 3:46pm On Jan 30
https://realtypro.ng/.../details/prime-shelter-65b8aab5c671e

Discover instant and clever ways of listing your property ads at www.realtypro.ng
We have you covered for all your listings at completely zero cost.

Remember, at www.realtypro.ng
Your Perfect Home, Assured!

Re: Can ₦2M Finish The Construction Of A 2-Bedroom Flat? by stigman(m): 3:49pm On Jan 30
Bacteria8:

Wait, you have spent 19m on a two bedroom flat so far ?? undecided
And still 5m to go ??

What's going on ?? Are you building on water ??

That guy doesn't know what he is saying

3 Likes

Re: Can ₦2M Finish The Construction Of A 2-Bedroom Flat? by MrJames007: 3:51pm On Jan 30
ceejayluv:
Just pump the 2 Milla and see where it'll reach.
Exactly!

OP, just start with the 2m and see how far it can go. Don't let anyone dissuade you. Even people who haven't bought a bag of cement before will advice you.

3 Likes

Re: Can ₦2M Finish The Construction Of A 2-Bedroom Flat? by Madeade: 3:55pm On Jan 30
No!

When you consider roofing, plastering (inside and outside), tiling, wiring, windows etc.....
Re: Can ₦2M Finish The Construction Of A 2-Bedroom Flat? by Wizpa(m): 3:56pm On Jan 30
Mud house, of course
Re: Can ₦2M Finish The Construction Of A 2-Bedroom Flat? by adecz: 4:00pm On Jan 30
With your limited funds, What you
should first do is to build your solid
foundation and then use the balance
to buy your roofing materials, including
zinc, nails etc and store because these
things will soon go up in price due to our
failing naira.

When you get later get more funds, then
take the foundation to roofing level and
roof since you already have them on ground.

Small by small you go finish am. The important
thing is to start..

Best regards👍👍👍

4 Likes

Re: Can ₦2M Finish The Construction Of A 2-Bedroom Flat? by Tmex(m): 4:00pm On Jan 30
Roseodd:

If the land is dry with good topography, you are guaranteed of getting it to roofing level( not with roof ) .
Re: Can ₦2M Finish The Construction Of A 2-Bedroom Flat? by adecz: 4:03pm On Jan 30
stigman:

What are you saying, he can
6" block @360 x 1500 = 540,000
Cement @5500 x 50= 275,000
Sand = 20 tons = 140,000
Plaster sand 10 tons = 70
Labour for block #80 x 1500 blocks = 120,000
Digging and blinding of foundation = highest 50,000 ( which is high o)
Plastering of wall = 4000 per partition x the number of partitions

You still have change for roofing

I used 1200 for the two rooms in the picture
It's 16 ft x 16 ft

Be aware thatTwo rooms are different
from 2 bedroom flat.

A regular two bedroom flat is made up
of 2 rooms, one sitting room, a toilet
and kitchen and you need at least 2000
blocks.

1 Like

Re: Can ₦2M Finish The Construction Of A 2-Bedroom Flat? by OZIOGU1: 4:06pm On Jan 30
Roseodd:

This my 3bedroom at this level i have spend 5m, with the intention of moving in in April. from my calculations, i need another 4-5m to finish it,

Take note
I do supervision myself
I buy materials myself
The amount stated above exclude cost of land

My brother, when you start building then you will understand why house rent has gone up

4 Likes

Re: Can ₦2M Finish The Construction Of A 2-Bedroom Flat? by MT: 4:09pm On Jan 30
Is it better to get moulder to mould block or to buy already moulded blocks ? .

Anh pros and cons?
Re: Can ₦2M Finish The Construction Of A 2-Bedroom Flat? by oliverwrites: 4:09pm On Jan 30
Strokes:
If it's just to put up blocks no problem. But to finish a house, you need far more than that

I'm on a 2 bedroom flat up and down and as at yesterday, I had spent 19m and I haven't finished it yet. Still have almost 5m estimate to finish up.

I have been quoted 13m, 18m, and 20m for a four 4 bedroom flat bungalow to finishing.

Are you handling your project by yourself?
Re: Can ₦2M Finish The Construction Of A 2-Bedroom Flat? by oliverwrites: 4:11pm On Jan 30
foliman:
Not at all!

You'll need average of 2,500 blocks. Then to set 2,500 blocks, you'll need need 50 bags of cement.

Bricklayer would charge average of ₦110 per block.

Roofing would cost like 1m

Electrical at around 500k

Mechanical at around 500k

Sand never dey

Granite

Laterite for filling,

Lintel

Cement is ₦6,400 in Lagos as of today 30th of January 2023
Do you think 18m will complete a 4 bedroom flat to finishing? Building to rent out not to live in it.
Re: Can ₦2M Finish The Construction Of A 2-Bedroom Flat? by nagalee(m): 4:14pm On Jan 30
Charisdesigns:
1) the floor plan

Attach is a 2 bedrooms designed by us with flat roof and construction cost is way above the 2m threshold

Pics 1 design
Pics 2 build

It will also interest you to see how the nature of you land affects construction cost. check out our live construction thread of bungalow flats on a very sloppy land.

What about the cost of land. Will 4m be enough for everything.
Re: Can ₦2M Finish The Construction Of A 2-Bedroom Flat? by Facidio: 4:15pm On Jan 30
If u already have 2m, u need additional 10m. Even if u are building it in the remotest of remotest places, 5m won't be enough
Re: Can ₦2M Finish The Construction Of A 2-Bedroom Flat? by MZEE01: 4:15pm On Jan 30
3 bedrooms, e suite.

This is what N2m+70k gave me.

I am still going back to drawing board.

Re: Can ₦2M Finish The Construction Of A 2-Bedroom Flat? by stigman(m): 4:15pm On Jan 30
adecz:

Be aware thatTwo rooms are different
from 2 bedroom flat.

A regular two bedroom flat is made up
of 2 rooms, one sitting room, a toilet
and kitchen and you need at least 2000
blocks.

That house you are looking at contains two toilets and one kitchen and the size of each room is 16ft x 16 ft, now tell me is your room 16 by 16, it's not your field so stop arguing

4 Likes

Re: Can ₦2M Finish The Construction Of A 2-Bedroom Flat? by maasoap(m): 4:18pm On Jan 30
Roseodd:

grin grin grin
Re: Can ₦2M Finish The Construction Of A 2-Bedroom Flat? by stigman(m): 4:19pm On Jan 30
Strokes:

Dey lie small small ok

3 Likes

Re: Can ₦2M Finish The Construction Of A 2-Bedroom Flat? by koning: 4:21pm On Jan 30
FFIA:

Only 100 bags of cement na like 400k

If 100 bags of cement can finish the job, then it's possible. Highest add another N500k.

N2m can do the job. But you do all purchases and supervise the job yourself. It has to be hands on. All those saying it cannot are contractors looking to grab a chunk of the money.

2 Likes

Re: Can ₦2M Finish The Construction Of A 2-Bedroom Flat? by abbeynism(m): 4:24pm On Jan 30
Roseodd:

It would take it to the roofing level as requested.

I estimated the building to take 2500 blocks.
Blocks: 2500 x 500 = 1,250,000
Cement: 35bags x 5600 = 196,000
Labour: N8000/100 blocks = N200,000
Sand: 40 tonnes = 210,000
TOTAL: N1,816,000

I don't think you will need more than 10 length of 12mm iron rod which sells for N5650 per iron presently.
Total for iron: 56,500
Binding wire 5kg: N6000
Rings: you should not need more than 7 dozens
I think I bought 2k per dozens: 14,000
Welder should not charge more than 20k-30k

For lintel woodworks, you can look for carpenter that has his planks. I got a carpenter to do 22 short pillars for 25k with his planks.

This is based on my personal experience and recent in IBADAN.

Laterite prices varies and you might get some from soak-away excavation.
Re: Can ₦2M Finish The Construction Of A 2-Bedroom Flat? by Chicagograduate(m): 4:25pm On Jan 30
Roseodd:
With direct labour,it might be possible if you supervise the work and you tell the labourer to mould 40 blocks instead of 30 with a bag of cement.and do so for other stages.
Re: Can ₦2M Finish The Construction Of A 2-Bedroom Flat? by harjay1986: 4:29pm On Jan 30
Roseodd:

For where in this obodo Nigeria
Re: Can ₦2M Finish The Construction Of A 2-Bedroom Flat? by Toktee(m): 4:32pm On Jan 30
Charisdesigns:
1) the floor plan

Pics 1 design
Pics 2 build

This is on what land size sir?
Re: Can ₦2M Finish The Construction Of A 2-Bedroom Flat? by TrainPark: 4:36pm On Jan 30
Roseodd:

Your answer is generally NO.
One way to know that is by doing your own QS work:

1. Draw a floor plan
2. Calculate the estimate of the number of blocks you need.

3. The number of cement bags required.
4. Sand, wood, roofing materials etc
5. Labour and water, etc

6. The cost estimates of all the materials you need

The good thing is that you can do all this free of charge using Google and YouTube. But 2M will not do much even though it all depends on the size of the building.
Re: Can ₦2M Finish The Construction Of A 2-Bedroom Flat? by Error401: 4:40pm On Jan 30
highly impossible
Roseodd:

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Do People Behave Very Wicked Like This / The LED Evolution: Revolutionizing Lighting / An Estate For Sale In Port-harcourt, Rivers State, C Of O Available

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.