Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,901 members, 7,814,049 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:49 AM

Can ₦2M Finish The Construction Of A 2-Bedroom Flat? - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Can ₦2M Finish The Construction Of A 2-Bedroom Flat? (22958 Views)

Can 2M Be Enough For A Bachelor To Rent A House And Live Comfortably In Lagos? / The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process / The Construction Of The Abeokuta City Centre Begins (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can ₦2M Finish The Construction Of A 2-Bedroom Flat? by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 4:43pm On Jan 30
Roseodd:
Please can 2million naira finish 2 bedroom flat upto roofing level.
I will need urgent reply please.
Roofing only will take the #2m, as in to Roof, Pop. #2m is gone
Re: Can ₦2M Finish The Construction Of A 2-Bedroom Flat? by Alfred74: 4:43pm On Jan 30
Roseodd:

Preference.

Re: Can ₦2M Finish The Construction Of A 2-Bedroom Flat? by Error401: 4:53pm On Jan 30
You mean 4M can complete this?

Charisdesigns:
The Answer you seek lies in two places
1) the floor plan
2)the nature of your land (sloppy or flat)

However for a basic 2bedrooms bungalow to finish, keep atleast 4m.

Attach is a 2 bedrooms designed by us with flat roof and construction cost is way above the 2m threshold

Pics 1 design
Pics 2 build

It will also interest you to see how the nature of you land affects construction cost. check out our live construction thread of bungalow flats on a very sloppy land.

https://www.nairaland.com/7538221/construction-process-bungalow-apartments

Re: Can ₦2M Finish The Construction Of A 2-Bedroom Flat? by tnerro1(m): 5:05pm On Jan 30
If it is the size of a car, then yes😁😁😁😁
Re: Can ₦2M Finish The Construction Of A 2-Bedroom Flat? by charleskl(m): 5:08pm On Jan 30
Wetin electrician wan do ontop 2bedrm with 500k
roofing 1miilion ke
Mechanical 500k?

Lolz cheesy
foliman:
Not at all!

You'll need average of 2,500 blocks. Then to set 2,500 blocks, you'll need need 50 bags of cement.

Bricklayer would charge average of ₦110 per block.

Roofing would cost like 1m

Electrical at around 500k

Mechanical at around 500k

Sand never dey

Granite

Laterite for filling,

Lintel

Cement is ₦6,400 in Lagos as of today 30th of January 2023

1 Like

Re: Can ₦2M Finish The Construction Of A 2-Bedroom Flat? by Hezzyluv: 5:12pm On Jan 30
bestmutiu2019:
Sure,depends on location and plan sha,
For this ma location e go do am

Regardless of the location, it's totally impossible. Only the roofing and ceiling might burnt 1.5m from that 2m
Re: Can ₦2M Finish The Construction Of A 2-Bedroom Flat? by TemmyT002(m): 5:21pm On Jan 30
It is possible in Ekiti sha, don't know of other places.
Re: Can ₦2M Finish The Construction Of A 2-Bedroom Flat? by izubext007: 5:27pm On Jan 30
Big NO
Re: Can ₦2M Finish The Construction Of A 2-Bedroom Flat? by agbolahan1991(m): 5:30pm On Jan 30
Yes
But it may not be up to your desired standards and it will also require a lot of your time and energy
Blocks will be 6inches
The floor plans will be without a dining and just one toilet. The roofing will be a flat roof with 1.2 meter height to cover the flat roof
Also the nature of the land must be put into consideration. It as to be a rocky, gravel like nature of land so as to avoid a deep footing foundation; with a two couch foundation and a 6inches block, 1mm window frame, or sliding window, ply wood ceiling , and 1 inches thickness of plastering
I am the Director of MURF/DISTINCT CONSULTANTS(Architecture, Construction and Engineering )
Below are some of our design and construction works

1 Like

Re: Can ₦2M Finish The Construction Of A 2-Bedroom Flat? by Roseodd: 5:33pm On Jan 30
ceasare:
What's d location? Do u have a plan for it?

Benin city
Re: Can ₦2M Finish The Construction Of A 2-Bedroom Flat? by Roseodd: 5:35pm On Jan 30
Obito555:
No

No matter the location the least u can get is foundation and blocksetting to lintel level.

U need more funds for roofing talk less of plastering, window and finishes

I am not talking about roofing,I mean to build it to roofing level,I will do the roofing and plaster and others later
Re: Can ₦2M Finish The Construction Of A 2-Bedroom Flat? by Roseodd: 5:36pm On Jan 30
ceejayluv:
Just pump the 2 Milla and see where it'll reach.

Alright thanks!
Re: Can ₦2M Finish The Construction Of A 2-Bedroom Flat? by Error401: 5:36pm On Jan 30
Can i get a thread of this 2 bed bungalow? This is not on your profile

Charisdesigns:
1) the floor plan

Attach is a 2 bedrooms designed by us with flat roof and construction cost is way above the 2m threshold

Pics 1 design
Pics 2 build

It will also interest you to see how the nature of you land affects construction cost. check out our live construction thread of bungalow flats on a very sloppy land.

Re: Can ₦2M Finish The Construction Of A 2-Bedroom Flat? by Roseodd: 5:37pm On Jan 30
Charisdesigns:
1) the floor plan

Pics 1 design
Pics 2 build

Are you an engineer sir
Re: Can ₦2M Finish The Construction Of A 2-Bedroom Flat? by segunjack: 5:39pm On Jan 30
imposicant
Re: Can ₦2M Finish The Construction Of A 2-Bedroom Flat? by barinedan(m): 5:43pm On Jan 30
If he has a parcel of land already, it would be possible, but the building should not be a complicated design
Re: Can ₦2M Finish The Construction Of A 2-Bedroom Flat? by bet9ja(m): 5:43pm On Jan 30
bet9ja:
I am currently constructing a 3 bedroom duplex, The master bedroom at the top is yet to be erected and the project has consumed 114 bags of cement already @rate of N5500 per bag with logistics = 632500. 9inc Blocks (Made with stone dust) at 435 X 1800 = 783000, Sharp sand and filling sand and granite has consumed like 800k + ... Workmanship and Omonile is not included ooo.... Half tons of iron --- 205000, another 17 pieces @ 5600 per 1.

I cannot even calculate again.

2million cannot complete it. But it will surely have huge impact.
Re: Can ₦2M Finish The Construction Of A 2-Bedroom Flat? by Roseodd: 5:46pm On Jan 30
Tmex:

If the land is dry with good topography, you are guaranteed of getting it to roofing level( not with roof ) .

I will keep making inquiries
Re: Can ₦2M Finish The Construction Of A 2-Bedroom Flat? by Roseodd: 5:49pm On Jan 30
MZEE01:
3 bedrooms, e suite.

This is what N2m+70k gave me.

I am still going back to drawing board.

Wow this the level I am talking about.
My place is Benin.
I just want to build it to this level first
Re: Can ₦2M Finish The Construction Of A 2-Bedroom Flat? by Roseodd: 5:54pm On Jan 30
koning:

If 100 bags of cement can finish the job, then it's possible. Highest add another N500k.

N2m can do the job. But you do all purchases and supervise the job yourself. It has to be hands on. All those saying it cannot are contractors looking to grab a chunk of the money.

Thanks!
Re: Can ₦2M Finish The Construction Of A 2-Bedroom Flat? by Roseodd: 6:00pm On Jan 30
koning:

If 100 bags of cement can finish the job, then it's possible. Highest add another N500k.

N2m can do the job. But you do all purchases and supervise the job yourself. It has to be hands on. All those saying it cannot are contractors looking to grab a chunk of the money.
Re: Can ₦2M Finish The Construction Of A 2-Bedroom Flat? by arcnomec(m): 6:06pm On Jan 30
agbolahan1991:
Yes
But it may not be up to your desired standards and it will also require a lot of your time and energy
Blocks will be 6inches
The floor plans will be without a dining and just one toilet. The roofing will be a flat roof with 1.2 meter height to cover the flat roof
Also the nature of the land must be put into consideration. It as to be a rocky, gravel like nature of land so as to avoid a deep footing foundation; with a two couch foundation and a 6inches block, 1mm window frame, or sliding window, ply wood ceiling , and 1 inches thickness of plastering
I am the Director of MURF/DISTINCT CONSULTANTS(Architecture, Construction and Engineering )
Below are some of our design and construction works

So in this modern era you are advising someone to do 2 courses foundation,1mm thickness of window frame,ply wood ceiling and 1" plastering thickness..

Haba,I expect better from you.Tell the Op the truth,for a comfortable 2bedroom design,that amount can only take him to a certain level..

Don't build any house that won't have aesthetic and economic value ,in case you want to sale it in future
Re: Can ₦2M Finish The Construction Of A 2-Bedroom Flat? by Dancebreaker: 6:06pm On Jan 30
stigman:

What are you saying, he can
6" block @360 x 1500 = 540,000
Cement @5500 x 50= 275,000
Sand = 20 tons = 140,000
Plaster sand 10 tons = 70
Labour for block #80 x 1500 blocks = 120,000
Digging and blinding of foundation = highest 50,000 ( which is high o)
Plastering of wall = 4000 per partition x the number of partitions

You still have change for roofing

I used 1200 for the two rooms in the picture
It's 16 ft x 16 ft

Stigman, this house you built here, when and in which town/state?

Total estimated cost to finish and pack in?

Can you share the plan? Are you a building contractor/builder?

Thanks.
Re: Can ₦2M Finish The Construction Of A 2-Bedroom Flat? by olusamuel01: 6:29pm On Jan 30
Roseodd:

To build or rent?
Re: Can ₦2M Finish The Construction Of A 2-Bedroom Flat? by femi4: 6:48pm On Jan 30
Roseodd:
Not possible
Re: Can ₦2M Finish The Construction Of A 2-Bedroom Flat? by Skyehigher1: 7:00pm On Jan 30
I will build your for almost 5.5 million
Re: Can ₦2M Finish The Construction Of A 2-Bedroom Flat? by Cantonese: 7:01pm On Jan 30
foliman:
Not at all!

You'll need average of 2,500 blocks. Then to set 2,500 blocks, you'll need need 50 bags of cement.

Bricklayer would charge average of ₦110 per block.

Roofing would cost like 1m

Electrical at around 500k

Mechanical at around 500k

Sand never dey

Granite

Laterite for filling,

Lintel

Cement is ₦6,400 in Lagos as of today 30th of January 2023

As of today, cement is @7,000.
16mm rods, standard, @11,000; substandard @10,000.
12mm increased too.

With Tinubu and APC, Nigerians made a great blunder.
Re: Can ₦2M Finish The Construction Of A 2-Bedroom Flat? by dgitrader(m): 7:20pm On Jan 30
WarriAproko:
Residential building for tenants and plaza which is more profitable

If only the land is at by a main road, business area or very busy intersection, go for the plaza, it's way cheaper , far more profitable and easier mentained than residential. The difference is like day and night! Truth is an average residential house won't give you return on investment even after 15years, it's just a store of wealth. Better is shops and land banking

1 Like

Re: Can ₦2M Finish The Construction Of A 2-Bedroom Flat? by stigman(m): 7:27pm On Jan 30
Dancebreaker:

Stigman, this house you built here, when and in which town/state?

Total estimated cost to finish and pack in?

Can you share the plan? Are you a building contractor/builder?

Thanks.

Built = October 2023
Town = island- Lagos

Materials

6" block @360 x 1500 = 540,000
Cement @5500 x 50= 275,000
Sand = 20 tons = 140,000
Plaster sand 10 tons = 70k
Labour for block #80 x 1500 blocks = 120,000
Digging and blinding of foundation = highest 50,000 ( which is high o)
Plastering of wall = 4000 per partition x the number of partitions

You still have change for roofing

I used 1200 for the two rooms in the picture
It's 16 ft x 16 ft per room with two toilets and one kitchen
Normal room is 12 x 12 or 10x 11 or 10 x 10 depends on what you want

With 2m you can

Yes am a contractor
Re: Can ₦2M Finish The Construction Of A 2-Bedroom Flat? by Caramia2020(m): 7:27pm On Jan 30
Lol, smile, filling will gulf almost 700k, roofing 1m, coping 400k, you will need about 2,500 blocks, about 3 tipper of granite (1 for foundation castin, another one for linter casting, while the other one for German floor, the remaining ones available from the 3 Auchi load of granite will go for coping n casting of the soak away) 300k for one here in Warri, that amount won't even complete self contained.
Re: Can ₦2M Finish The Construction Of A 2-Bedroom Flat? by okoroemeka(m): 7:29pm On Jan 30
Roseodd:
it is possible if the builder can put on his thinking cap and think out of the box,in 2001 I stayed in a hotel in ibadan with different separated detached bungalow suites built entirely with mud bricks,infact I watched them building another one and it is fascinating,they used moulds to mould the red mud in block shapes,after it drys,they cover with grass and fire it,then it will be chocked with cement,after that plastered,I think such approach can reduce a building cost by 40-50%
Re: Can ₦2M Finish The Construction Of A 2-Bedroom Flat? by jojoki: 7:31pm On Jan 30
#2M in Tinubu Government

Consider using the following...

1) Locally made red laterite bricks and same as mortar.

2) Wooden windows and doors

3) Internal plastering only

4) Low budget roofing

5) External nogging and ceiling only

6) sandcrete flooring only

7) consider using pit

cool low budget wiring

Note: This will give him a temporary accommodation till a more promising government wins in 2027.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

7 Things To Consider Before Renting An Apartment / Alternative Building Technology And Its Application To Nigerian Architecture / Any Architects In The House?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.