Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,087 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:17 AM

LASG To Remove Residential Buildings Converted To Worship Centres & Clubs - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / LASG To Remove Residential Buildings Converted To Worship Centres & Clubs (14833 Views)

President Buhari Set To Approve Reopening Of Worship Centres / COVID-19: Abia Relaxes Lockdown, Work Resumes, Worship Centres, Markets To Open / We’ll Legalise Unlicensed Worship Centres’ Marriage Certificates — FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: LASG To Remove Residential Buildings Converted To Worship Centres & Clubs by 7lives: 8:38am On Jan 31
Originality007:
I once live in a house in bariga, The next house to my house Thier is a church inside the residential house. Thier is a room and parlour inside this house , which dey use for the church, every Friday night, night vigil, u will not sleep, On Sunday Morning, na noise everyday.

wanted to report to government den, later I decided to live the area.

This is what I hate most in life, noise.
I hate noise with passion, thank God for this new development, at least people can have a good sleep.
Imagine trying to sleep and someone next door is beating drums, banging bells, and screaming out whatever on microphones and loud speakers.
I was a victim of this as a child, thank God I now live in a serene environment.
Only those that have not experience this kinds of horror will speak against this development.
Re: LASG To Remove Residential Buildings Converted To Worship Centres & Clubs by 7lives: 8:44am On Jan 31
APCNig:

This one mental evaluation. His father runs a fake Church in his apartment, so he is pained that his mean of livelihood is about to be shut down

CHAI.
Re: LASG To Remove Residential Buildings Converted To Worship Centres & Clubs by AyeMoJuba: 9:14am On Jan 31
obi58:

Like I always say.. one size cap doesn't fit all. Soundproofing worship centres to curb noise pollution is not a bad idea but forcing them to relocate outside residential areas is taking it too far.

How many of those ramshackle structures can afford a soundproof technology?
They are long due to be taken out of residential areas.
Good riddance to bad rubbish joo
Re: LASG To Remove Residential Buildings Converted To Worship Centres & Clubs by samnaija: 9:15am On Jan 31
The question I want to ask, how will a landlord evict the tenant within the period. Without resulting to violence. Lagos state knows it is not easy to evict a tenant.
Re: LASG To Remove Residential Buildings Converted To Worship Centres & Clubs by AyeMoJuba: 9:17am On Jan 31
7lives:

This is what I hate most in life, noise.
I hate noise with passion, thank God for this new development, at least people can have a good sleep.
Imagine trying to sleep and someone next door is beating drums, banging bells, and screaming out whatever on microphones and loud speakers.
I was a victim of this as a child, thank God I now live in a serene environment.
Only those that have not experience this kinds of horror will speak against this development.

Late night Generator usage is the next in line to be outlawed.
Some people are so insensitive that they put on their Generators till 3am robing you of a good night rest.

1 Like

Re: LASG To Remove Residential Buildings Converted To Worship Centres & Clubs by Validated: 9:35am On Jan 31
Some houses like Tinubu's mother's house has a small mosque or speaker blaring position. I hope they will relocate to the main mosque at Iju road to stop disturbing people on Emmanuel Olrunfemi and Colege Road.

1 Like

Re: LASG To Remove Residential Buildings Converted To Worship Centres & Clubs by joba4luv: 9:53am On Jan 31
naptu2:
Tunde Ajayi is the general manager of the Lagos State Environmental Protection Agency (LASEPA).

Tunde Ajayi @thetundeajayi

https://twitter.com/thetundeajayi/status/1752456245376700866

I love this all those Jesus Christ Enterprises will not allow other people to sleep due to their fake business centre called churches/mosques and clubs
Re: LASG To Remove Residential Buildings Converted To Worship Centres & Clubs by Advancedman(m): 10:00am On Jan 31
naptu2:
Tunde Ajayi is the general manager of the Lagos State Environmental Protection Agency (LASEPA).

Tunde Ajayi @thetundeajayi

https://twitter.com/thetundeajayi/status/1752456245376700866

Yes and Amen.
Re: LASG To Remove Residential Buildings Converted To Worship Centres & Clubs by obi58: 10:05am On Jan 31
AyeMoJuba:

How many of those ramshackle structures can afford a soundproof technology?
They are long due to be taken out of residential areas.
Good riddance to bad rubbish joo

If the building is ramshackle then it should not be used in the first place but if not then it should be soundproofed.
Re: LASG To Remove Residential Buildings Converted To Worship Centres & Clubs by obi58: 10:08am On Jan 31
7lives:

Are those places originally build and registered as churches?.
If not, this new law is a welcome development.

Is your neighborhood barbing saloon or supermarket originally built and registered as same? Let's stop acting as if Lagos is built only for the elites.

1 Like

Re: LASG To Remove Residential Buildings Converted To Worship Centres & Clubs by obi58: 10:09am On Jan 31
porthouse7:
buy beer and sub to ur decoder, enough of this disturbance

As a lady where will they chyk you or take you out to if you don't go out to hang out? Don't be hypocritical please.
Re: LASG To Remove Residential Buildings Converted To Worship Centres & Clubs by obi58: 10:10am On Jan 31
APCNig:

This one mental evaluation. His father runs a fake Church in his apartment, so he is pained that his mean of livelihood is about to be shut down

Answer the questions raised and stop exposing the kind of parental upbringing you had or lack thereof
Re: LASG To Remove Residential Buildings Converted To Worship Centres & Clubs by obi58: 10:13am On Jan 31
Christlike01:

So, what's stopping you from relocating to Abia state ? If only those people who have poured their entire villages into Lagos State will start relocating back to wherever jungles they came from,the pressure on the existing public infrastructures will reduce and Lagos State government will be able to work more on improving the quality of social services in the state !

Mtchew,they keep arriving in droves from their godforsaken erosion ravaged land of criminals thereby putting massive pressure on the state public infrastructures but these same villagers from hell won't stop blaming and criticizing the Lagos State government for every step taking to right all the wrongs !

It's not a must to live in Lagos,those who are not comfortable with what the state govt is doing to sanitize the state and make it a descent environment for sane people to live in can go back to wherever jungle they came from !

The same tired shameless argument... I'm sure you're not a Lagosian because no sane Lagosian will not want better infrastructure and social amenities than the hot mess Lagos currently is. The people of Lagos deserve better than a government who is more interested in destroying people's livelihoods and devising new means of taxing people's meager earnings instead of actually SERVING THE PEOPLE.
Re: LASG To Remove Residential Buildings Converted To Worship Centres & Clubs by obi58: 10:16am On Jan 31
Procashtips:

Maybe because they were not supposed to be there in the first place?

Maybe maybe not but honestly the government actually has more pressing issues to address in Lagos than demolishing people's buildings and businesses. For a center of excellence, the state of Lagos roads, schools, health centers, markets and motor parks are all in a sorry state. Lastma is a joke and Agberos reign as kings.
Re: LASG To Remove Residential Buildings Converted To Worship Centres & Clubs by obi58: 10:18am On Jan 31
delpee:

The sound proofing rule and specified noise levels has always been there. People don't comply. Some have been closed severally, yet the situation remains the same once reopened. It's a terrible experience having a sleepless night after the day's gruelling stress.

Now I thank you for your kind response. Serial defaulters should be sanctioned thoroughly ranging from fines to jail time. The message MUST be passed across! Do your business or worship center but don't infringe on others rights!
Re: LASG To Remove Residential Buildings Converted To Worship Centres & Clubs by obi58: 10:28am On Jan 31
naptu2:
grin

obi58 has written so much crap on this thread in an effort to be negative. There are building regulations in Lagos and you know when you get a piece of land whether it is residential or commercial. It is illegal to convert a residential piece of land to a commercial business. The people that did the conversion know this. The government must enforce the law and no whataboutism can change that.

The government is not arbitrarily removing buildings because it feels like. Those businesses are illegally situated

@naptu2

You can call what I write crap but that's your opinion. I'm also entitled to mine. If you feel government should not focus on its primary responsibility of providing social amenities and getting public infrastructure working as it should as a matter of urgency and priority then you are obviously the one full of crap. There are a thousand and one things LASG should be doing to make the lives of 21 million Lagosians easier and not the other way around. This is 2024 and there is no pipeborne water in Lagos state! Private individuals have to dig their boreholes and wells still!

As to the businesses illegally situated, you may or may not agree with me but there are several approaches that can be explored not just the absolute extreme of shutting down or closing same. Right now the country is in severe economic crisis and government should be doing everything to support people's businesses and get them to comply. For those doing legitimate business but without requisite approvals, government can impose fines whilst working with them to get the necessary permits and help mitigate their environmental impact whilst keeping their doors open. This would not only increase government taxable entities but ensure reduced unemployment and less crime. Win-win if you ask me!

1 Like

Re: LASG To Remove Residential Buildings Converted To Worship Centres & Clubs by obi58: 10:32am On Jan 31
delpee:

The sound proofing rule and specified noise levels has always been there. People don't comply. Some have been closed severally, yet the situation remains the same once reopened. It's a terrible experience having a sleepless night after the day's gruelling stress.

This is where enforcement and active engagement of stakeholders by government comes in! Instead of destroying the worship center, if a mosque or church is a serial offender, nothing stops government from sending the imam or pastor to jail for 1-3 months if letters and fines have failed. These things can work! Just don't throw the baby away with the bath water!!
Re: LASG To Remove Residential Buildings Converted To Worship Centres & Clubs by naptu2: 10:34am On Jan 31
More utter tosh from Obi58. He is so desperate to write something negative that he is rambling all over the place.

His only hope is to ttry and derail the thread because he cannot win on this issue, so he'll talk about something else.

Town planning

I was taught this topic in my primary school social studies class, so I assumed that everybody will understand it, but sadly it seems that’s not the case, so I’ll have to explain it.

Every sensible jurisdiction has got a town planning authority and you cannot build, renovate, convert or alter a property in any way without planning permission.

The reason for planning permissions are numerous, but in summary, it’s all about how what you want to do will affect your neighbours, the environment and the image of the city or town. The ways include:

1)Traffic: Imagine that you live in a quiet residential neighbourhood with narrow streets and someone suddenly builds a megachurch, stadium, theatre or some other kind of large facility without providing appropriate parking facilities. Firstly, the road was not designed to handle that kind of traffic and secondly, he has not provided adequate parking facilities for the large number of people that will visit his establishment.
That means that home owners might have great difficulty going into and out of their houses. That’s why it’s necessary for the planning authorities to know the impact of your establishment of traffic before you are given planning permission.

2) Noise: The planning authorities must evaluate whether your establishment will make a lot of noise and disturb neighbours and they must know how you intend to mitigate the effect of that noise before they grant planning permission. In some places some establishments are not permitted to stay open after 10pm, some establishments are required to soundproof their halls and or equipment, etc. All these must be done before planning permission is granted.

3) In fact, in some jurisdictions you are not permitted to build above a certain height and you cannot even cut the trees on your property. All these are done to preserve the aesthetics of the place.

4) In some jurisdiction these regulations are used to plan how the government and other authorities provide services to the populace. For example, in times of electricity shortage the electricity company can manage the load by providing electricity to commercial and industrial districts in the mornings and afternoons and to residential districts in the evenings and nights.

In Lagos State, the Lagos State Urban And Regional Planning And Development , Law regulates property development in the state.

Section 99 of the Lagos State Urban and Regional Planning and Development Law Cap. U2, Laws of Lagos State of Nigeria 2015, authorises the commissioner for town planning and urban development to make regulations for property developments in the state.

Under the regulations you cannot just wake up and decide to convert a residential property into a commercial property or a church without planning permission. It is illegal.
https://epp.lagosstate.gov.ng/regulations/REVISED_LASPPPA_REGULATION_2019_1.pdf

It is the same in all sensible jurisdictions around the world. I remember when Arsenal wanted to build the Emirates Stadium and they had to wait for planning permission from Islington Council.

Educate yourself.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planning_permission

1 Like 1 Share

Re: LASG To Remove Residential Buildings Converted To Worship Centres & Clubs by obi58: 10:34am On Jan 31
AyeMoJuba:

Late night Generator usage is the next in line to be outlawed.
Some people are so insensitive that they put on their Generators till 3am robing you of a good night rest.

Again putting the cart ahead of the horse. If there is adequate electricity would anyone be putting on gen at that time? What is your government doing about it?
Re: LASG To Remove Residential Buildings Converted To Worship Centres & Clubs by naptu2: 10:38am On Jan 31
What those people did is illegal and the government is right to correct it. That is unarguable.

Obi58 can only do what about every other wrong in the world, but he cannot change the fact that it is illegal to convert residential buildings without planning permission and the government is right to correct the wrong that was done. This is a fact, not an opinion.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: LASG To Remove Residential Buildings Converted To Worship Centres & Clubs by naptu2: 10:53am On Jan 31
I can't find my old posts (I think I posted it around 10 years ago), but I'll do my best to recreate it from memory.
Re: LASG To Remove Residential Buildings Converted To Worship Centres & Clubs by obi58: 11:10am On Jan 31
naptu2:
More utter tosh from Obi58. He is so desperate to write something negative that he is rambling all over the place.

His only hope is to ttry and derail the thread because he cannot win on this issue, so he'll talk about something else.

Town planning

I was taught this topic in my primary school social studies class, so I assumed that everybody will understand it, but sadly it seems that’s not the case, so I’ll have to explain it.

Every sensible jurisdiction has got a town planning authority and you cannot build, renovate, convert or alter a property in any way without planning permission.

The reason for planning permissions are numerous, but in summary, it’s all about how what you want to do will affect your neighbours, the environment and the image of the city or town. The ways include:

1)Traffic: Imagine that you live in a quiet residential neighbourhood with narrow streets and someone suddenly builds a megachurch, stadium, theatre or some other kind of large facility without providing appropriate parking facilities. Firstly, the road was not designed to handle that kind of traffic and secondly, he has not provided adequate parking facilities for the large number of people that will visit his establishment.
That means that home owners might have great difficulty going into and out of their houses. That’s why it’s necessary for the planning authorities to know the impact of your establishment of traffic before you are given planning permission.

2) Noise: The planning authorities must evaluate whether your establishment will make a lot of noise and disturb neighbours and they must know how you intend to mitigate the effect of that noise before they grant planning permission. In some places some establishments are not permitted to stay open after 10pm, some establishments are required to soundproof their halls and or equipment, etc. All these must be done before planning permission is granted.

3) In fact, in some jurisdictions you are not permitted to build above a certain height and you cannot even cut the trees on your property. All these are done to preserve the aesthetics of the place.

4) In some jurisdiction these regulations are used to plan how the government and other authorities provide services to the populace. For example, in times of electricity shortage the electricity company can manage the load by providing electricity to commercial and industrial districts in the mornings and afternoons and to residential districts in the evenings and nights.

In Lagos State, the Lagos State Urban And Regional Planning And Development , Law regulates property development in the state.

Section 99 of the Lagos State Urban and Regional Planning and Development Law Cap. U2, Laws of Lagos State of Nigeria 2015, authorises the commissioner for town planning and urban development to make regulations for property developments in the state.

Under the regulations you cannot just wake up and decide to convert a residential property into a commercial property or a church without planning permission. It is illegal.
https://epp.lagosstate.gov.ng/regulations/REVISED_LASPPPA_REGULATION_2019_1.pdf

It is the same in all sensible jurisdictions around the world. I remember when Arsenal wanted to build the Emirates Stadium and they had to wait for planning permission from Islington Council.

Educate yourself.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planning_permission

Uncle ....

This is not a discussion about town planning.

This is a discussion about priorities.

If you ask a Lagosian to choose between having good access roads and schools as compared to whether the shop in front of his house is legal or not there would be only one winner.

Enough already with all this hypocritical playing to the gallery naptu2. Charity begins at home. If you don't know what to do, go to Abia state and educate yourself on what a responsible and resojnsive government should be like instead of getting stuck in frivolous bureaucracy and redtapism which is not serving the people.

Utter tosh you said? Education without functionality is utter tosh and that's what you are currently exhibiting sir unfortunately.

This is an unalienable fact. The economy is currently in tatters. We have finally reached an all time low of $1 to N1520! Let that sink in! This is certainly not the time to be playing politics with people's livelihoods.
Re: LASG To Remove Residential Buildings Converted To Worship Centres & Clubs by obi58: 11:12am On Jan 31
naptu2:
What those people did is illegal and the government is right to correct it. That is unarguable.

Obi58 can only do what about every other wrong in the world, but he cannot change the fact that it is illegal to convert residential buildings without planning permission and the government is right to correct the wrong that was done. This is a fact, not an opinion.

The government has every right to correct it without doubt. I have not disputed that. The key question is HOW this is done to ensure the most minimal disruption of people's livelihoods and ensuring a win win situation. This is where I fault the implementation.
Re: LASG To Remove Residential Buildings Converted To Worship Centres & Clubs by naptu2: 11:26am On Jan 31
Lagos was properly zoned when I was a kid.

Ikoyi, Victoria Island, Ikeja GRA and parts of Apapa were the main upper class residential areas.

Yaba, Surulere, etc were the main middle class residential areas.

Maroko, Ajegunle, etc were the main lower class residential areas.

The industrial areas were at Apapa, Ikeja and Ilupeju.

The main commercial district was on Lagos Island, in the Broad Street/Marina area.

Broad Street, which was a one-way street, was wider than Bourdillon Road, which was a two-way street. This was because Broad Street handled more traffic because it was in the central business district, while there was nothing like traffic jam on Bourdillon Road.

In fact there was nothing like traffic jam in the whole of eastern Ikoyi. It was a quiet leafy neighbourhood. You said goodbye to the sun as soon as you crossed Falomo. There were large trees that acted as canopies over the whole area.

Roads in the industrial areas were built thicker than roads in other areas because the government knew that the industrial areas had to handle large trailer trucks that could easily damage thin roads.

The destruction of Lagos began in the mid-1980s.

The military governments allowed anybody to build anything anywhere. The area boy phenomenon appeared on Lagos Island and many large companies fled to Victoria Island.

Parts of Victoria Island that were meant to be residential areas were suddenly attacked by tall buildings. Imagine building a large skyscraper on a narrow road that was designed to be a residential area. That was the cause of the terrible traffic jam on V/I.

I was very angry when the Tinubu and Fashola governments began widening the roads to accomodate those skyscrapers. I had been dreaming of using a bulldozer to demolish them.

Look at what's happening in Shomolu. People have gone to build warehouses in an area that is supposed to be a residential area. You see long trailer trucks trying to navigate narrow roads and delaying everybody behind them. Boys on the trucls have to use sticks to move electric wires aside.

Those heavy trailers have destroyed the roads in Shomolu and the government has to keep repairing them non-stop.

I remember when residents of Satellite Town complained to the Lagos State Government.

Satellite Town was built in the 1970s to be a quiet residential area, but people have now gone to build tank farms all over the place. The tankers have destroyed all the roads in the area and residents can hardly drive through because there are tankers parked everywhere. They are even putting the residents at risk from fire and explosions

1 Like

Re: LASG To Remove Residential Buildings Converted To Worship Centres & Clubs by naptu2: 11:31am On Jan 31
Obi58 is still trying to derail the thread.

This thread is about town planning. I created the thread and I know what it is about. I will not allow you to derail it.

Converting property from one use to another without planning permission is a town planning issue.

naptu2:

Ikoyi, Victoria Island, Ikeja GRA and parts of Apapa were the main upper class residential areas.

The main commercial district was on Lagos Island, in the Broad Street/Marina area.

Broad Street, which was a one-way street, was wider than Bourdillon Road, which was a two-way street. This was because Broad Street handled more traffic because it was in the central business district, while there was nothing like traffic jam on Bourdillon Road.

In fact there was nothing like traffic jam in the whole of eastern Ikoyi. It was a quiet leafy neighbourhood. You said goodbye to the sun as soon as you crossed Falomo. There were large trees that acted as canopies over the whole area.

Roads in the industrial areas were built thicker than roads in other areas because the government knew that the industrial areas had to handle large trailer trucks that could easily damage thin roads.

The military governments allowed anybody to build anything anywhere. The area boy phenomenon appeared on Lagos Island and many large companies fled to Victoria Island.

Parts of Victoria Island that were meant to be residential areas were suddenly attacked by tall buildings. Imagine building a large skyscraper on a narrow road that was designed to be a residential area. That was the cause of the terrible traffic jam on V/I.

I was very angry when the Tinubu and Fashola governments began widening the roads to accomodate those skyscrapers. I had been dreaming of using a bulldozer to demolish them.

Look at what's happening in Shomolu. People have gone to build warehouses in an area that is supposed to be a residential area. You see long trailer trucks trying to navigate narrow roads and delaying everybody behind them. Boys on the trucls have to use sticks to move electric wires aside.

Those heavy trailers have destroyed the roads in Shomolu and the government has to keep repairing them non-stop.

I remember when residents of Satellite Town complained to the Lagos State Government.

Satellite Town was built in the 1970s to be a quiet residential area, but people have now gone to build tank farms all over the place. The tankers have destroyed all the roads in the area and residents can hardly drive through because there are tankers parked everywhere. They are even putting the residents at risk from fire and explosions
Re: LASG To Remove Residential Buildings Converted To Worship Centres & Clubs by Christlike01: 11:32am On Jan 31
obi58:

The same tired shameless argument... I'm sure you're not a Lagosian because no sane Lagosian will not want better infrastructure and social amenities than the hot mess Lagos currently is. The people of Lagos deserve better than a government who is more interested in destroying people's livelihoods and devising new means of taxing people's meager earnings instead of actually SERVING THE PEOPLE.

Lol ! Lagos is a "hot mess" yet you guys keep running away from your own ancestral land, always arriving in droves overnight in Ekene Dili Chukwu and Young Shall Grow buses in that same "hot mess" Lagos,right ?! Quit whatever hard substance you're smoking already;it's messing up your mental health ,kiddo !

You guys obsession with Lagos and Yoruba land is quite disgusting! You think the people of Lagos State "deserve better government" but your own people can't even live in your own region/states ?! If governance is better in your ancestral region,why are your people moving out in droves from it ?! You're sure I'm not a Lagosian because it has always been you guys's dream to take over my land and make it yours right from the days of a certain Mr Nnamdi Azikiwe but you've always been failing and will continue to fail ! How is it Yoruba problem that you guys are not proud of your own identity and heritage hence you keep running away from it !

My point earlier is very clear; go back to your village if you can't cope with our laws in Lagos. We won't lower our standards or bend our laws just because some villagers from gods-know-where feel uncomfortable with it ! Only if you'll invest just a little of the energy and time you use in monitoring Lagos State government and Yoruba people around in your own state government and Ndigbo, perhaps the daily influx of Ekene Dili Chukwu and Young Shall Grow buses into Lagos and other parts of Yoruba land will reduce drastically !

Now,crawl back into whatever hole you came out from and remain dumber than you're already there, slowpoke!

1 Like

Re: LASG To Remove Residential Buildings Converted To Worship Centres & Clubs by naptu2: 11:36am On Jan 31
People deliberately do illegal things with the idea that the worst that the government can do is come to an agreement with them.

These people need to be punished so that they won't do the same thing next time.

There is no way anyone can convince me that people did not know that you need planning permission before converting those properties.
Re: LASG To Remove Residential Buildings Converted To Worship Centres & Clubs by obi58: 11:40am On Jan 31
Christlike01:

Lol ! Lagos is a "hot mess" yet you guys keep running away from your own ancestral land, always arriving in droves overnight in Ekene Dili Chukwu and Young Shall Grow buses in that same "hot mess" Lagos,right ?! Quit whatever hard substance you're smoking already;it's messing up your mental health ,kiddo !

You guys obsession with Lagos and Yoruba land is quite disgusting! You think the people of Lagos State "deserve better government" but your own people can't even live in your own region/states ?! If governance is better in your ancestral region,why are your people moving out in droves from it ?! You're sure I'm not a Lagosian because it has always been you guys's dream to take over my land and make it yours right from the days of a certain Mr Nnamdi Azikiwe but you've always been failing and will continue to fail ! How is it Yoruba problem that you guys are not proud of your own identity and heritage hence you keep running away from it !

My point earlier is very clear; go back to your village if you can't cope with our laws in Lagos. We won't lower our standards or bend our laws just because some villagers from gods-know-where feel uncomfortable with it ! Only if you'll invest just a little of the energy and time you use in monitoring Lagos government and Yoruba people around in your own state government and Ndigbo, perhaps the the influx of Ekene Dili Chukwu and Young Shall Grow buses into Lagos and other parts of Yoruba land will reduce !

Now,crawl back into whatever hole you came out from and remain dumber than you're already there, slowpoke!

Yenyen cry more..... It doesn't take away the fact that the people of Lagos deserve better and should hold their government accountable.

It also does not detract from the fact that you are most definitely not from Lagos and don't wish the people of Lagos well
Re: LASG To Remove Residential Buildings Converted To Worship Centres & Clubs by obi58: 11:42am On Jan 31
naptu2:
People deliberately do illegal things with the idea that the worst that the government can do is come to an agreement with them.

These people need to be punished so that they won't do the same thing next time.

There is no way anyone can convince me that people did not know that you need planning permission before converting those properties.

I wholeheartedly agree with you on this sir. Again my issue is not with sanctions but the type of sanctions imposed. In everything the greater good of all should be considered. If a retired doctor converts his 3 bedroom apartment to a hospital serving the community and is yet to get the approval to use his residential property for commercial purpose, would you advocate for same to be demolished knowing it has been saving lives and providing health care for community residents?
Re: LASG To Remove Residential Buildings Converted To Worship Centres & Clubs by naptu2: 11:46am On Jan 31
It's even right there on the Wikipedia article about town planning!

Read the screenshot below.

Re: LASG To Remove Residential Buildings Converted To Worship Centres & Clubs by naptu2: 11:48am On Jan 31
This is a no-brainer. It is something I've known since I was in primary school and it is something everybody knows, including the people that converted the premises

You cannot just convert a place without planning permission!

It's just that many Nigerians think they can do whatever they want and look for sympathy later.
Re: LASG To Remove Residential Buildings Converted To Worship Centres & Clubs by obi58: 11:50am On Jan 31
naptu2:

Your stories are quite amusing actually but there is some truth to what you are saying although views can be a little extreme. Imagine dreaming of demolishing skyscrapers grin grin grin

Some of you would really do and undo if you were in power grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Seun Approve This. Nairalanders Support This. Let Us Speak Out. / Gov Ajimobi, Alaafin Of Oyo And Olubadan Spotted Together At An Event / Buhari Hosts H.E Marcel De Souza, President Of ECOWAS Commission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.