Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,590 members, 7,823,566 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:45 AM

Obaseki Moves To Mend Fences With Wike Ahead Of Edo Guber Primary - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obaseki Moves To Mend Fences With Wike Ahead Of Edo Guber Primary (23364 Views)

Diri: Don't Provoke Us To Abandone Creek - MEND Warns Sahara Reporters, Adeyanju / 2019 Poll: Atiku Meets Wike Ahead Of Campaign Kick Off / I Have Forgiven You, But You Have To Mend Your International Image~Obj To Atiku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obaseki Moves To Mend Fences With Wike Ahead Of Edo Guber Primary by vanitybutiwanti: 12:29pm On Jan 31
fergie001:

You seem to be mixing 2020 & 2022/2023.

See, this is not the first time Wike is calling Obaseki a betrayal, and I believe GO answered him once and left it at that, however, I am telling you Court cases that are in the open, taken to Court by Wike's people led by Dan Orbih and Ogbeide-Ihama (who was running for Edo South Senate) in 2022.

For 2020
Which structure did Obaseki hold in 2020 when he won?
His people in APC led by Anselm Ojezua had nothing because Orbih people insisted they will get Deputy-Governor.

GO refused.

Wike then used Ogbeide-Ihama (then Reps member representing Oredo) to file a case at the Rivers High Court to stop the primaries because Obaseki refused to drop Shaibu. The Court granted it ex-parte before it was struck out after some horse-trading.

You have to understand that Ogbeide-Ihama was Wike's choice to fly the party ticket in 2020 but for feelers that Obaseki was coming over. Ihama had purchased forms already and had to step down on Wike's prompting.

In 2022:
It happened thus:
- Two lists in the Ward Congresses
-NWC dilly-dallied until both factions held Primaries, then picks that of Obaseki
-Orbih group goes to Court, the rest is history.

For 2024, the issue is simple:

1. The argument is that the legacy people led by Orbih is insisting that it will remain in Edo South simply because they believe that Central doesn't have the numbers to win. No names yet but Ogbeide-Ihama seems to be the front-runner.

Again, Orbih controls the traditional members of the PDP.

2. For the legacy people, it's the right time to deal with Obaseki.

I'm not mixing them up, I rightly posited that wike had a role to play in obasekis second term victory, he prevailed on ihama to step down for obaseki, some of the conditions was for obaseki to appoint 4 commisioners from the legacy group but he renaged on that agreement, ihama was also expected to vie for senate and obaseki opposed it. Ayu had no role to play in prevailing on ihama to step down.

Legacy group doesn't care about edo South or Edo North, they are bent on taking their pound of flesh from obaseki because he treated them with disdain after he won the election.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Moves To Mend Fences With Wike Ahead Of Edo Guber Primary by fergie001: 12:33pm On Jan 31
vanitybutiwanti:
I'm not mixing them up, I rightly posited that wike had a role to play in obasekis second term victory,
This was not ever in doubt, even Oba will attest to it.

He prevailed on ihama to step down for obaseki, some of the conditions was for obaseki to appoint 4 commisioners from the legacy group but he renaged on that agreement, ihama was also expected to vie for senate and obaseki opposed it. Ayu had no role to play in prevailing on ihama to step down.
I never mentioned Ayu throughout the long epistle.

Ayu was not even PDP Chairman in 2020.

Legacy group doesn't care about edo South or Edo North, they are bent on taking their pound of flesh from obaseki because he treated them with disdain after he won the election.
But they are not going Central..... They have made that clear.
Re: Obaseki Moves To Mend Fences With Wike Ahead Of Edo Guber Primary by seanfer(m): 12:34pm On Jan 31
fergie001:

He is telling a lie. Of course, politicians lie... He pleaded yet they pursued it to the Supreme Court or you didn't know the Apex Court ruled on it less than 2 months before the election?

The Federal High Court, under Justice Inyang Ekwo, upheld Orbih's list, that is why Obaseki did not attend the Presidential Primaries and his people also did not attend, it was Orbih's people that voted.

Obaseki's people appealed and the Appeal Court declined Jurisdiction and held that the Party was Supreme but did not make any consequential order.

Orbih's people now approached the Supreme Court for interpretation, the Apex Court affirmed Obaseki 's list and held that the NWC's decision is FINAL. So how did he appeal to them, after the Supreme Court judgement?

You got it wrong... Wike was talking about Obaseki's second term election.
Re: Obaseki Moves To Mend Fences With Wike Ahead Of Edo Guber Primary by Slurity(m): 12:44pm On Jan 31
OBASEKI should ordinarily means BETRAYER in English. The man has no single record of trust, honesty and loyalty. IT HAS ALWAYS BEEN ABOUT HIMSELF ALONE. ONLY A FOOL WILL RELY ON SUCH A MAN.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Moves To Mend Fences With Wike Ahead Of Edo Guber Primary by GeneralOjukwu: 12:46pm On Jan 31
Edo is an interesting political turf now.

An unknown can get power.

Obaseki, Number 1 ... has fought everybody. Barely has any allies since many know his power is almost over. Might be dangerous to have his backing.

Shuaibu, Number 2 ... fought everyone on behalf of Obaseki, now his boss has turned against him.

The political pendulum can swing in any direction.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Moves To Mend Fences With Wike Ahead Of Edo Guber Primary by babyfaceafrica: 12:48pm On Jan 31
GeneralOjukwu:
Edo is an interesting political turf now.

An unknown can get power.

Obaseki, Number 1 ... has fought everybody. Barely has any allies since many know his power is almost over. Might be dangerous to have his backing.

Shuaibu, Number 2 ... fought everyone on behalf of Obaseki, now his boss has turned against him.

The political pendulum can swing in any direction.

Shuaibu will learn the hard way.. He has no allies!!

2 Likes

Re: Obaseki Moves To Mend Fences With Wike Ahead Of Edo Guber Primary by solmusdesigns: 12:48pm On Jan 31
He will use and dump Wike again
Re: Obaseki Moves To Mend Fences With Wike Ahead Of Edo Guber Primary by gigabyte13: 12:49pm On Jan 31
πŸ˜…πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚
πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ˜…
No be how far
Na how well
OGA NA MASTER......
Obaseki na knows who call the shot in PDP.
You go get the Funbara treatment this time around....
There will always be a day for betrayals.
He don see wertin DINO eyes see ahead. He don use Dino calculate.
Re: Obaseki Moves To Mend Fences With Wike Ahead Of Edo Guber Primary by AngelicBeing: 12:49pm On Jan 31
cheesy
Re: Obaseki Moves To Mend Fences With Wike Ahead Of Edo Guber Primary by Indispensable85(m): 12:50pm On Jan 31
fergie001:
You think they will listen to him?
Orbih has rebuffed any meeting with GO and said all should go to the field, hence his meeting their 'oga'.

GO offered Deputy or SSG, and they said NO.

Ogbeide-Ihama is from Edo South, infact from the same LGA as Obaseki as well and was one of those who fell at the Primaries thanks to Obaseki & Ayu.

The plan is to do giveaway like Samuel Anyanwu.

Your last sentence actually cracked me up. Hahahaha 🀣🀣🀣🀣

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Moves To Mend Fences With Wike Ahead Of Edo Guber Primary by fergie001: 12:51pm On Jan 31
seanfer:
You got it wrong... Wike was talking about Obaseki's second term election.
I am also talking about Obaseki's second term election, you can Google it. The cases are in the open, garfield1 could help me here because we argued it many times on this platform... I even have hard copies of the appeal Court Judgement delivered in Benin.

Modified:
I posted it here on NL:
https://www.nairaland.com/7359275/edo-pdp-supreme-court-affirms#117134104
Re: Obaseki Moves To Mend Fences With Wike Ahead Of Edo Guber Primary by GeneralOjukwu: 12:53pm On Jan 31
babyfaceafrica:

Shuaibu will learn the hard way.. He has no allies!!

His own is the worst.

I recall Oshiomole gleefully advising him not to bother defecting to APC. That he should "respect his boss"

After all he did for Obaseki... Obaseki just seems a terrible person.

Fought Oshiomole who appointed him and helped him rise, fought Wike et al who rescued him "APC oppression" and now fighting Shuaibu.

As someone remarked... he's a User.

At this pace, Obaseki might not be able to impose a successor... might not be able to go to the Senate... might be aggressively probed when he leaves the seat.

There must be something very unlikeable about the man. Apart for his propensity to betray.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Moves To Mend Fences With Wike Ahead Of Edo Guber Primary by fergie001: 12:54pm On Jan 31
Indispensable85:
Your last sentence actually cracked me up. Hahahaha 🀣🀣🀣🀣
Na the way nah grin

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Moves To Mend Fences With Wike Ahead Of Edo Guber Primary by Theoarhics: 1:00pm On Jan 31
Ogbede will not win gov of Edo cos it's the turn of central not the same south that Obaseki is from

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Moves To Mend Fences With Wike Ahead Of Edo Guber Primary by bjdon: 1:08pm On Jan 31
Obaseki has won every battle he's waged. The man is a tested fighter. I have no doubt he'll win this battle

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Moves To Mend Fences With Wike Ahead Of Edo Guber Primary by NOETHNICITY(m): 1:09pm On Jan 31
Obaseki should never be forgiven
Re: Obaseki Moves To Mend Fences With Wike Ahead Of Edo Guber Primary by papiwyte(m): 1:12pm On Jan 31
Peter obi will soon come to o beg grin grin grin

Make I no talk before Obi supporters to attack

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Moves To Mend Fences With Wike Ahead Of Edo Guber Primary by Indispensable85(m): 1:13pm On Jan 31
fergie001:

Na the way nah grin

My sympathy goes to Asue Ighodalo,a very cerebral and competent man. He'll obviously suffer for the many wrongs of Obaseki. There are too many people just waiting to deal with Obaseki and anyone he's supporting. I don't know how he managed to get himself into so much fights, especially with almost all his benefactors. Even the palace of the Oba wasn't left out too. Asue Ighodalo has been trying so hard to deny Obaseki but it's not just working at all. I don't envy him at all.

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Moves To Mend Fences With Wike Ahead Of Edo Guber Primary by gratefulheart(m): 1:14pm On Jan 31
Re: Obaseki Moves To Mend Fences With Wike Ahead Of Edo Guber Primary by Jeje247: 1:27pm On Jan 31
All I'm seeing here is disgraceful god-fatherism and bitter politics. A free and fair election is only but a mirage
Re: Obaseki Moves To Mend Fences With Wike Ahead Of Edo Guber Primary by Starhearts: 1:33pm On Jan 31
Onaseki go see pepper 🌢

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Moves To Mend Fences With Wike Ahead Of Edo Guber Primary by LandMann: 1:38pm On Jan 31
emkz:

Asue Ighodalo can negotiate more sensibly than Obaseki. He needs to meet them and keep meeting them.

For one thing, we agree that Edo South is the biggest and most populated senatorial district in Edo State. We have no doubt that there are competent men to lead our state there, and Ogbeide-Ihama is obviously competent. But let the Esans have it, and the best candidate across board is Asue Ighodalo.

This man distinguished himself in his law practice and as a corporate guru. We can attest and feel his impact within Edo State and on a national scale. We are glad that people like him are coming out to run Edo State. I'd have wished he is made economic adviser to the president so he can serve on a larger scale.

We must pay attention to leadership recruitment and Edo State is a litmus test here.

Whatever negotiations need to be done to give Asue the PDP ticket must be done, and timely too.

See as your capping rubbish as if you have been paid by the yeye Obaseki or Asue to brainwash people online.

Who and who knows Asue in Edo state before Obaseki went to uproot him from wherever he uprooted him from?

What and what project has Asue Ighodalo carried out in Edo state to merit the shinning armour you're now wearing him to deceive people?

You want Esan people to vote for someone from Esan who can't speak Esan?

Please don't be a cursed political tool.

Go find better work.

2 Likes

Re: Obaseki Moves To Mend Fences With Wike Ahead Of Edo Guber Primary by ezenna191(m): 1:39pm On Jan 31
Oshomole and Philip helped him to become governor, he fell out with Oshomole. Wike and Philip helped him secure his second term victory in the face of risks and challenges. Now another election and he's trying to court another mugu that he will betray after the election. No bi juju be that? Delegates should collect his/government money and betray him

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Moves To Mend Fences With Wike Ahead Of Edo Guber Primary by zudozz: 1:39pm On Jan 31
emkz:

https://www.thecable.ng/exclusive-obaseki-moves-to-mend-fences-with-wike-ahead-of-edo-guber-primary/amp

Usilez, sensilez, spinelez, occulttic, Gud 4 notyn Nigerian politciians.

I wish I dont hear anything abt them.
Re: Obaseki Moves To Mend Fences With Wike Ahead Of Edo Guber Primary by Christistruth00: 1:40pm On Jan 31
Slurity:
OBASEKI should ordinarily means BETRAYER in English. The man has no single record of trust, honesty and loyalty. IT HAS ALWAYS BEEN ABOUT HIMSELF ALONE. ONLY A FOOL WILL RELY ON SUCH A MAN.

Selfishness is not capable of mending fences
because selfishness will always break the mended fence
Re: Obaseki Moves To Mend Fences With Wike Ahead Of Edo Guber Primary by Dbarrzx: 1:49pm On Jan 31
fergie001:

He is telling a lie. Of course, politicians lie... He pleaded yet they pursued it to the Supreme Court or you didn't know the Apex Court ruled on it less than 2 months before the election?

The Federal High Court, under Justice Inyang Ekwo, upheld Orbih's list, that is why Obaseki did not attend the Presidential Primaries and his people also did not attend, it was Orbih's people that voted. U are talking about presidential elections and not state election

Obaseki's people appealed and the Appeal Court declined Jurisdiction and held that the Party was Supreme but did not make any consequential order.

Orbih's people now approached the Supreme Court for interpretation, the Apex Court affirmed Obaseki 's list and held that the NWC's decision is FINAL. So how did he appeal to them, after the Supreme Court judgement?
Re: Obaseki Moves To Mend Fences With Wike Ahead Of Edo Guber Primary by emkz: 1:54pm On Jan 31
LandMann:

See as your capping rubbish as if you have been paid by the yeye Obaseki or Asue to brainwash people online.

Who and who knows Asue in Edo state before Obaseki went to uproot him from wherever he uprooted him from?

What and what project has Asue Ighodalo carried out in Edo state to merit the shinning armour you're now wearing him to deceive people?

You want Esan people to vote for someone from Esan who can't speak Esan?

Please don't be a cursed political tool.

Go find better work.

I suppose you do not know of Nigerian Economic Summit Group that facilitated financing for the 2nd Niger bridge.

I suppose you also do not know of the Alaghodaro Economic Summit organized in Edo State by Asue.

I suppose you have never heard of how Obaseki has been able to plug wastages to the point that international partners have worked with Edo in various sectors.

I suppose you have never heard of Okomu Oil.

I think you may not know that Sterling Bank assisted some of our rural women with small loans and agricultural schemes for self-sustainability. Do you know who the Chairman of Sterling Bank was?

Do you also know who the Chairman of Nigerian Breweries was until recently?

Are you aware of one of the biggest corporate law firms in Nigeria called Banwo and Ighodalo that has been operational since the 90s?

Many of us knew the man and we are proud of his exploits outside Edo State.

I want him to replicate those exploits in Edo State. I am not asking you to vote for him because he is Esan. I am asking you to vote for him because he is one of our best products in Edo State. His perceived inability to converse in Esan does not invalidate his Edoness.

And no, I do have a job and I am too big to be paid to launder any politician's image.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Moves To Mend Fences With Wike Ahead Of Edo Guber Primary by Oscarchims: 2:08pm On Jan 31
Professor Anogbum onouha is the REC of Edo INEC... Wike nominee at INEC, Law Prof at RSU and a staunch supporter to wike and also an ikwerre brother from the same constituency... Who says karma is not real😁😁😁😁😁😁

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Shehu Sani: I Know Who Can End Boko Haram Menace / Oshiomhole In Action At APC Rally In Benin / Osinbajo Arrives Rivers State, Received By Governor Wike (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.