Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,787 members, 7,810,051 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:33 PM

Shehu Sani: I Know Who Can End Boko Haram Menace - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shehu Sani: I Know Who Can End Boko Haram Menace (23351 Views)

''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' / Workable Suggestions To GEJ On How To End The Boko Haram Menace. / GEJ Vows To End Boko Haram Menace During A Visit To Germany (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shehu Sani: I Know Who Can End Boko Haram Menace by Nobody: 3:45am On Jul 07, 2012
I Know Who Can End Boko Haram Menace, Says Sani

Alleges Saboteurs Within Jonathan Administration

IF claims by the leader of the Northern Civil Society Coalition, Mallam Shehu Sani are anything to go by, it may take only a phone call from the Presidency to put an end to the Boko Haram menace ravaging the North.

According to Sani, if President Jonathan calls him today, he would give him the name and contact of one person whose intervention will lead to a successful dialogue with the militant sect.

Sani who spoke in an interview with The Guardian during the week, insisted that indeed, the person in question is somebody also known to the president.

“… I have repeatedly said that if President Jonathan can make a phone call to me today and ask me of one person who can solve the problem, I will give him the name of the person. And apart from the person, I don’t see the possibility of any other person whom the group can trust,” the activist declared.

Sani also indicted some elements in the Jonathan government over the failure of past attempts at dialogue, saying these persons may have been sabotaging such efforts either in the mistaking belief that force can solve the problem or because they are deriving some pecuniary gains from the situation.

“Boko Haram has agreed to a term of ceasefire, has agreed to dialogue, but has consistently been undermined by elements within the government who either choose to do so on the grounds that they believe the use of force can end the group or are sabotaging dialogue because they believe they are profiting from the system as it is.

“Before now, I used to think that Boko Haram was completely opposed to peace or ceasefire, but in the few occasions that I have been involved in seeking a way out of this problem, I have seen that much of the sabotage came from the side of the government,” he said

Confirming reports that he facilitated former President Obasanjo’s meeting with the family of a member of the Boko Haram sect sometime ago, Sani insisted that if the Federal Government showed sincere, dialogue could sooner than later end the activities of the militant sect.

http://www.guardiannewsngr.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=91576:-i-know-who-can-end-boko-haram-menace-says-sani&catid=1:national&Itemid=559

1 Like

Re: Shehu Sani: I Know Who Can End Boko Haram Menace by jmaine: 4:11am On Jul 07, 2012
Hmmm ! Dude is so confident . . . .

1 Like

Re: Shehu Sani: I Know Who Can End Boko Haram Menace by Mandelaguy(m): 5:41am On Jul 07, 2012
They know themselves,the truth is coming out!

3 Likes

Re: Shehu Sani: I Know Who Can End Boko Haram Menace by freegaza(m): 5:46am On Jul 07, 2012
The man is Dr. Datti Ahmad...He has worked with the ex boko haram leader Muhd Yusuf and even the current leader Abubakar shekau has confirmed they have started b4 sabotage by one Hassan Tukur(an adviser to gej)
Re: Shehu Sani: I Know Who Can End Boko Haram Menace by Mandelaguy(m): 6:22am On Jul 07, 2012
freegaza: The man is Dr. Datti Ahmad...He has worked with the ex boko haram leader Muhd Yusuf and even the current leader Abubakar shekau has confirmed they have started b4 sabotage by one Hassan Tukur(an adviser to gej)
you even know the man? There is more to this northern wahala.

1 Like

Re: Shehu Sani: I Know Who Can End Boko Haram Menace by Kobojunkie: 7:03am On Jul 07, 2012
freegaza: The man is Dr. Datti Ahmad...He has worked with the ex boko haram leader Muhd Yusuf and even the current leader Abubakar shekau has confirmed they have started b4 sabotage by one Hassan Tukur(an adviser to gej)

You mean it is not old man Buhari? I remember last year, we pay millions of dollars to another COMMITTEE that came back at the end of the day claiming Buhari was the Boko Haram problem. We even only recently lost a National Security Adviser who also claimed it had to be Buhari?
Re: Shehu Sani: I Know Who Can End Boko Haram Menace by mkmyers45(m): 8:04am On Jul 07, 2012
Hmmm? How did you know for sure?

1 Like

Re: Shehu Sani: I Know Who Can End Boko Haram Menace by mkmyers45(m): 8:05am On Jul 07, 2012
Kobojunkie:

You mean it is not old man Buhari? I remember last year, we pay millions of dollars to another COMMITTEE that came back at the end of the day claiming Buhari was the Boko Haram problem. We even only recently lost a National Security Adviser who also claimed it had to be Buhari?
the meat is in the chewing and not the cooking..He may be free afterall..its just a maybe or it just might be a thicker plot..you never know
Re: Shehu Sani: I Know Who Can End Boko Haram Menace by Murphy7h4: 8:35am On Jul 07, 2012
I very much agree with your point of view
Re: Shehu Sani: I Know Who Can End Boko Haram Menace by peckhamboi: 8:39am On Jul 07, 2012
freegaza: The man is Dr. Datti Ahmad...

Gbam !!!!!! definitely the person is Datti Ahmad or Nafiu Baba-Ahmed
Re: Shehu Sani: I Know Who Can End Boko Haram Menace by Bukkyade: 10:20am On Jul 07, 2012
Attention seekers are at it again.
Re: Shehu Sani: I Know Who Can End Boko Haram Menace by Bukkyade: 10:22am On Jul 07, 2012
Why should he be waiting for a phone call, is he not a Nigerian like us? Let him go ahead to declear this name or does he want an appointment or some reward before he can do that?

13 Likes

Re: Shehu Sani: I Know Who Can End Boko Haram Menace by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jul 07, 2012
There will be no dialogue with terrorists, so JTF should step up the action and the SSS should arrest the phucker who made this statement and track his phone book, he knows enough.

8 Likes

Re: Shehu Sani: I Know Who Can End Boko Haram Menace by Beaf: 1:54pm On Jul 07, 2012
jmaine:

Hmmm ! Dude is so confident . . . .

He sounds like he is the MD of boko haram. Make we de look.
Re: Shehu Sani: I Know Who Can End Boko Haram Menace by Kobojunkie: 2:14pm On Jul 07, 2012
mkmyers45: the meat is in the chewing and not the cooking..He may be free afterall..its just a maybe or it just might be a thicker plot..you never know

Huh??

A National committee was set up and paid millions of dollars to investigate these things already. What meat are you still chewing or cooking? You mean after spending millions of dollars on the process, and producing no evidence but more inane reasons for why to blame it on an old man who is past his relevance in the Nation and the region, there is still lots of cooking going on? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Shehu Sani: I Know Who Can End Boko Haram Menace by Kobojunkie: 2:18pm On Jul 07, 2012
Billyonaire: There will be no dialogue with terrorists, so JTF should step up the action and the SSS should arrest the phucker who made this statement and track his phone book, he knows enough.

Really? Cause the world, and Boko haram is aware that Nigerian not only dialogues, but also pays generous ransoms to terrorists.

Ex-militants currently collect their ransom from the nation's coffers -- recently our government budgeted more to their welfare than Nigeria's Healthcare as a whole. So hope you are not referring to the Nigerian Situation?

4 Likes

Re: Shehu Sani: I Know Who Can End Boko Haram Menace by naptu2: 2:41pm On Jul 07, 2012
Shehu Sanni is a Northern human rights activist who was deeply involved in the June 12 struggle (my memory is fading, but I believe he was arrested and tortured by the Abacha regime).

Name:Mr. Shehu SANI

Position:Executive Director and President,
Civil Rights Congress, Kaduna

Previous Positions:Deputy National Chairman, Campaign for Democracy

Education:Kaduna Polytechnic

Languages:English, Hausa

Mailing Address:Civil Rights Congress
No. 5 Katsina Road
opposite Pilgrims Welfare Board
Kaduna, Kaduna State
Nigeria
Phone: 234-62-249-415
Fax: 234-62-249-415
crcu@inet-global.com.ng

Personal Data:Born October 29, 1967 in Kaduna

http://www.shehusani..co.uk/

In recent times, his colleague in the human rights community, especially in the south, have challenged him to do something about the security situation in the north. He facilitated the meeting between Olusegun Obasanjo and Babakura, but went into hiding when Babakura was assassinated.

4 Likes

Re: Shehu Sani: I Know Who Can End Boko Haram Menace by mkmyers45(m): 2:55pm On Jul 07, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Huh??

A National committee was set up and paid millions of dollars to investigate these things already. What meat are you still chewing or cooking? You mean after spending millions of dollars on the process, and producing no evidence but more inane reasons for why to blame it on an old man who is past his relevance in the Nation and the region, there is still lots of cooking going on? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
then why has not been nabbed? Or they need 120days?
Re: Shehu Sani: I Know Who Can End Boko Haram Menace by Nobody: 3:00pm On Jul 07, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Really? Cause the world, and Boko haram is aware that Nigerian not only dialogues, but also pays generous ransoms to terrorists.

Ex-militants currently collect their ransom from the nation's coffers -- recently our government budgeted more to their welfare than Nigeria's Healthcare as a whole. So hope you are not referring to the Nigerian Situation?
Why do you chose the name kobojunkie, I think you should be Nairajunkie should i say, nairalandjunkie.
Re: Shehu Sani: I Know Who Can End Boko Haram Menace by Kobojunkie: 3:05pm On Jul 07, 2012
Billyonaire: Why do you chose the name kobojunkie, I think you should be Nairajunkie should i say, nairalandjunkie.

If you did not know this, the Kobo is the monetary unit in Nigeria, so the Naira or Nairaland is not needed as the message is clear.

That aside, please get back to the issue at hand . . . .

1 Like

Re: Shehu Sani: I Know Who Can End Boko Haram Menace by Kobojunkie: 3:10pm On Jul 07, 2012
mkmyers45: then why has not been nabbed? Or they need 120days?

Well, apparently the assertions the committee came up with where not back with real evidenced we could arrest the old man with. We spent millions of dollars to have busy bodies(committee members in this case) come up with different ways of accusing an old man of all the problems of Nigerian without spending any of that time critically analyzing the details of their claims to ensure there were facts to back em up.

When the results were announced, it was almost like listening to a bunch of arrogant drunk men, and women spew beer-parlor gossip with not much as an ounce of evidence to support any of their claims. I was really rooting for em as I was ready to call for the old man's head if their even an ounce of evidence linking him to the loss of lives. But millions of dollars later, nothing was president but ramblings and stupid nonsense compiled into a worthless report that we paid millions of dollars for.

1 Like

Re: Shehu Sani: I Know Who Can End Boko Haram Menace by Beaf: 3:41pm On Jul 07, 2012
Kobojunkie is seeking notice as usual.
Please lets not derail this topic with crap.

1 Like

Re: Shehu Sani: I Know Who Can End Boko Haram Menace by nduchucks: 3:58pm On Jul 07, 2012
If this story is true, one would hope that the President's security operatives would have obtained this name from Sani by now.

I really do not believe that our President wants to resolve this BH issue. All hands are not on deck and that condition seems OK by the President.

Here are the parties who are not on the table, former Presidents, NASS, other key people like Sani, our foreign friends ( USA, Israeli, and yes, the Saudis). SMH

2 Likes

Re: Shehu Sani: I Know Who Can End Boko Haram Menace by Nobody: 4:17pm On Jul 07, 2012
no negotiation to faceless terrorists without a cause.
for those of you comparing BH with ND militants,the difference btw them is as clear as night and day!
1)what exactly is this 'mysterious' grieviance they have against the nigerian state?
2)Why is their anger primarily directed at christian worship centers and relaxation spots?
3)Who are the top leaders of BH?
4)Why are they against all efforts by the govt to establish communication with them?
5)Why can't they set up camp far from civilians/residential areas?

If some of you don't get it by now that the president is not interested in negotiating with BH then I 'encourage' you to continue clamouring for that and BH should increase their attacks, not at innocent civillians, but military bases and government houses. They and their entire household and gwenerations unborn are already caused due to the level of innocent blood on their hands! angry

6 Likes

Re: Shehu Sani: I Know Who Can End Boko Haram Menace by oiseworld: 4:50pm On Jul 07, 2012
putting a call through to the man who can end the boko whahala is not a problem to the president, if that would end it, then he would do it.
But what are the terms of negotiation? Thats where the problem is. Their demands have to be sensible and democratic, so would ours.

But is that possible from a terrorist group? Thats the question mallam wetin be him name again sef ? Shehu sani.

1 Like

Re: Shehu Sani: I Know Who Can End Boko Haram Menace by oiseworld: 4:57pm On Jul 07, 2012
double post
Re: Shehu Sani: I Know Who Can End Boko Haram Menace by Kobojunkie: 5:17pm On Jul 07, 2012
oiseworld: putting a call through to the man who can end the boko whahala is not a problem to the president, if that would end it, then he would do it.
But what are the terms of negotiation? Thats where the problem is. Their demands have to be sensible and democratic, so would ours.

But is that possible from a terrorist group? Thats the question mallam wetin be him name again sef ? Shehu sani.

Let us stop playing DAFT for a second . .. the group DOES NOT want to NEGOTIATE . . . has made this clear since 2009, even before Jonathan decided to take this one. Let us stop playing daft as if what the group is saying does not make sense. They do not have plans to negotiate any deals with the government and have more than made this clear in the last 3 years at least.

There demands have been made known and are not supposed to be sensible. Demanding they be, is asking that AlQaeda make sensible demands of the western world. That ain't never going to happen and the group has no intentions of doing such. So rather than continuing to pretend it is ALL STILL NEW. We need to make up our minds on whether we want to live NORMAL with the terrorists or flush them out completely.

From What JOnathan Goodluck said on June 24th, on National TV, it seems that he is not ready or willing to do whatever it takes to halt all this. If you do not know what he said, please visit the thread on the Presidential Chat videos.

1 Like

Re: Shehu Sani: I Know Who Can End Boko Haram Menace by skinnyolawale(m): 5:45pm On Jul 07, 2012
bayooooooo: IF claims by the leader of the Northern Civil Society Coalition, Mallam Shehu Sani are anything to go by, it may take only a phone call from the Presidency to put an end to the Boko Haram menace ravaging the North.

According to Sani, if President Jonathan calls him today, he would give him the name and contact of one person whose intervention will lead to a successful dialogue with the militant sect.

Sani who spoke in an interview with The Guardian during the week, insisted that indeed, the person in question is somebody also known to the president.

“… I have repeatedly said that if President Jonathan can make a phone call to me today and ask me of one person who can solve the problem, I will give him the name of the person. And apart from the person, I don’t see the possibility of any other person whom the group can trust,” the activist declared.

Sani also indicted some elements in the Jonathan government over the failure of past attempts at dialogue, saying these persons may have been sabotaging such efforts either in the mistaking belief that force can solve the problem or because they are deriving some pecuniary gains from the situation.

“Boko Haram has agreed to a term of ceasefire, has agreed to dialogue, but has consistently been undermined by elements within the government who either choose to do so on the grounds that they believe the use of force can end the group or are sabotaging dialogue because they believe they are profiting from the system as it is.

“Before now, I used to think that Boko Haram was completely opposed to peace or ceasefire, but in the few occasions that I have been involved in seeking a way out of this problem, I have seen that much of the sabotage came from the side of the government,” he said

Confirming reports that he facilitated former President Obasanjo’s meeting with the family of a member of the Boko Haram sect sometime ago, Sani insisted that if the Federal Government showed sincere, dialogue could sooner than later end the activities of the militant sect.

IS only GOD can conquer this devilish human being BOKO HARAM
Re: Shehu Sani: I Know Who Can End Boko Haram Menace by Nobody: 5:57pm On Jul 07, 2012
Billyonaire: There will be no dialogue with terrorists, so JTF should step up the action and the SSS should arrest the phucker who made this statement and track his phone book, he knows enough.

I watched his interview on an AIT political propgramme over a week ago and I even opened a thread regarding his claims.

He's been saying over and over again that the FG knows the 1 person that can negotiate an end of bokoharam insurgencies and he also claimed there is a document submitted to the govt on the way forward but saboteurs in the FG are against it.
Re: Shehu Sani: I Know Who Can End Boko Haram Menace by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jul 07, 2012
oiseworld: putting a call through to the man who can end the boko whahala is not a problem to the president, if that would end it, then he would do it.

Seems they want a deal bigger than ND amnesty programme.

But do they deserve any amnesty after killing so many people for no justifiable reason?
And how are we sure its not some politicians that are trying to make easy cash as usual.

1 Like

Re: Shehu Sani: I Know Who Can End Boko Haram Menace by FindOut(m): 6:52pm On Jul 07, 2012
Timehin:

I watched his interview on an AIT political propgramme over a week ago and I even opened a thread regarding his claims.

He's been saying over and over again that the FG knows the 1 person that can negotiate an end of bokoharam insurgencies and he also claimed there is a document submitted to the govt on the way forward but saboteurs in the FG are against it.

Hmmmm....but really, lets look at it. If there was no bokoharam, there would have been no reasonable justification for a 1TRILLION naira defence budget. 1 TRILLION naira which we havnt seen its impact halfway into the year. Funny. I would love to see the breakdown of how the money was spent by the end of the year.

May God help us to help ourselves & our leaders put a STOP to this BH menace

2 Likes

Re: Shehu Sani: I Know Who Can End Boko Haram Menace by Afam4eva(m): 7:08pm On Jul 07, 2012
Is Datti Ahmed not the man that was supposed to be the mediator in the proposed talks with boko haram?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Prof. Pat Utomi Endorses Buhari For Presidency / Probe PWC For Deceiving Nigerians, Hon. Adeola Tells Buhari / Tolu Ogunlesi Compares 10,000 Trader Money To Obasanjo's Keke NAPEP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.