Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,704 members, 7,813,333 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:57 AM

AFCON: Nwabali Thanks Nigerians For Concerns During Injury Scare - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / AFCON: Nwabali Thanks Nigerians For Concerns During Injury Scare (20319 Views)

Biography Of Stanley Nwabali: Net Worth, Career, Marital Status / South Africans Attack Chippa United Boss After Declaring Support For Nwabali / Sadio Mane Undergoing Further Tests After Injury Scare, Might Miss The World Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: AFCON: Nwabali Thanks Nigerians For Concerns During Injury Scare by omenka1: 2:01pm On Jan 31
Hope say u stand gidigba now oooo
See as nyash strong for d second pic grin cheesy cheesy
Re: AFCON: Nwabali Thanks Nigerians For Concerns During Injury Scare by otipoju(m): 2:02pm On Jan 31
Jangbajantis:
So much hype for a goalkeeper that hasn't really been tested.

He is good. He is not new to the game. He played Nigerian league before moving to South African league which along with Israeli Leauge was the zenith for many Nigerian goalkeepers.

Don't forget, until Mendy broke the glass ceiling recently, it was a hidden secret that elite European clubs do not sign African goalkeepers.

His confidence and huge size is a morale booster for the whole team...and he is not quiet either. He constantly tells the defence what he wants. Half of the art of goalkeeping is being vocal and taking charge of your box 18.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: AFCON: Nwabali Thanks Nigerians For Concerns During Injury Scare by AMAUCHESKY(m): 2:03pm On Jan 31
I Nealy fainted

bad addiction is a distraction to your direction in life.. let me help you out via my signature

1 Like

Re: AFCON: Nwabali Thanks Nigerians For Concerns During Injury Scare by Icarus99(f): 2:05pm On Jan 31
rotadeco27:
The guy use style comot goal post at the sight of Abubakar. If u know ,u know!
you no go Make heaven I swear grin grin
Re: AFCON: Nwabali Thanks Nigerians For Concerns During Injury Scare by ManOfSon: 2:06pm On Jan 31
I don't know what you mean by "tested". One thing you must understand is that good goalkeeping is much more than stopping shots. These days it includes being tidy in possession, an ability with the feet, efficient distribution of the ball, having good command of the goal area, being able to stop shots, and above all else inspiring confidence in the defenders around you. Which one hasn't Bobo been tested on? Did you see the save with his body against Cameroon? I think his biggest quality is the calmness he's brought to the Nigerian defense compared to the helter skelter days of Francis Uzoho.

Jangbajantis:

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: AFCON: Nwabali Thanks Nigerians For Concerns During Injury Scare by shox(m): 2:08pm On Jan 31
YinkaOlusesi16:
The Guy is 10x better than Uzoho, hope he's going to play on Friday oooo cus I don stake on Super eagle 🦅 with over 4.5
linus

1 Like 1 Share

Re: AFCON: Nwabali Thanks Nigerians For Concerns During Injury Scare by ckc(m): 2:09pm On Jan 31
So which team did Enyeama play many years before retiring? How can you say it's onana that broke tbe ceiling?
otipoju:

He is good. He is not new to the game. He played Nigerian league before moving to South African league which along with Israeli Leauge was the zenith for many Nigerian goalkeepers.

Don't forget, until Mendy broke the glass ceiling recently, it was a hidden secret that elite European clubs do not sign African goalkeepers.

His confidence and size is a morale booster for the whole team.

1 Like

Re: AFCON: Nwabali Thanks Nigerians For Concerns During Injury Scare by extol1(m): 2:12pm On Jan 31
ManOfSon:
I don't know what you mean by "tested". One thing you must understand is that good goalkeeping is much more than stopping shots. These days it includes being tidy in possession, an ability with the feet, efficient distribution of the ball, having good command of the goal area, being able to stop shots, and above all else inspiring confidence in the defenders around you. Which one hasn't Bobo been tested in? Did you see the save with his body against Cameroon? I think his biggest quality is the calmness he's brought to the Nigerian defense compared to the helter skelter days of Francis Uzoho.

If Uzoho is wise and humble enough, he should learn from Nwabali
Re: AFCON: Nwabali Thanks Nigerians For Concerns During Injury Scare by godwon01(m): 2:18pm On Jan 31
Jangbajantis:
It means you didn't watch all the matches. At least the confidence is there and panic attacks is reduced.

2 Likes

Re: AFCON: Nwabali Thanks Nigerians For Concerns During Injury Scare by spencekat(m): 2:22pm On Jan 31
Jangbajantis:
Just that he has huge confidence.
Re: AFCON: Nwabali Thanks Nigerians For Concerns During Injury Scare by ogawisdom(m): 2:22pm On Jan 31
Uzoho scared us grin grin

An idiot that can concede a goal from a shot directed at him from 45 yards angry angry

Well come back our dependable No 1

1 Like

Re: AFCON: Nwabali Thanks Nigerians For Concerns During Injury Scare by JoshTim: 2:24pm On Jan 31
Jangbajantis:

I tell you.
Re: AFCON: Nwabali Thanks Nigerians For Concerns During Injury Scare by Passionate1(m): 2:24pm On Jan 31
Jangbajantis:
I understand but he's better than uzoho. .
Re: AFCON: Nwabali Thanks Nigerians For Concerns During Injury Scare by Passionate1(m): 2:28pm On Jan 31
Uzoho juju or prayer no go work. .
Re: AFCON: Nwabali Thanks Nigerians For Concerns During Injury Scare by Maxtipulation(m): 2:28pm On Jan 31
If you are a striker and you see this giant for goal post you no go fear?

1 Like

Re: AFCON: Nwabali Thanks Nigerians For Concerns During Injury Scare by Bridget95(f): 2:30pm On Jan 31
Jangbajantis:
Check out his exploits at his club side
Re: AFCON: Nwabali Thanks Nigerians For Concerns During Injury Scare by Realdeals(m): 2:35pm On Jan 31
He don chop two on his debut against Guinea in a friendly match.
Jangbajantis:
Re: AFCON: Nwabali Thanks Nigerians For Concerns During Injury Scare by damkin24(m): 2:37pm On Jan 31
Jangbajantis:
Are you having headache with the hype? Just curious how the hype is affecting your well-being.
Re: AFCON: Nwabali Thanks Nigerians For Concerns During Injury Scare by malvisguy212: 2:43pm On Jan 31
Jangbajantis:
so far, he is the best. concede only 1 goal. he has been tested. I have seen professional goalkeeper training. and honestly it's one of the most difficult position in the field.
Re: AFCON: Nwabali Thanks Nigerians For Concerns During Injury Scare by kestolove95(m): 2:43pm On Jan 31
This guy is using his opportunity we'll unlike that eediot basket
Re: AFCON: Nwabali Thanks Nigerians For Concerns During Injury Scare by ekhai(m): 2:53pm On Jan 31
jeff1993:
Thank God he is okay

I no wan see that Uzoho for Goal post ooooo
IF YOU HAVE GOOD DEFENSE WITH A TACTICAL COACH, YOU DON'T NEED TO BE WORRY TOO MUCH ABOUT WHOEVER STAND BETWEEN THE POST.
Re: AFCON: Nwabali Thanks Nigerians For Concerns During Injury Scare by Newton1045: 2:53pm On Jan 31
rotadeco27:

Hahahaha
Abubakar wey no see ball touch

3 Likes

Re: AFCON: Nwabali Thanks Nigerians For Concerns During Injury Scare by Kinzo0917(m): 2:57pm On Jan 31
Watianoengineer:
I hope he's back and fit. We don't need that basket Uzoho mounting our goal post anymore

I hope when he will commit any blunder, you guys will stand by him and not crucify him

As far as my world is concern, he has not been tested yet. Until then, he is not better than uzoho yet
Re: AFCON: Nwabali Thanks Nigerians For Concerns During Injury Scare by Myself2(m): 2:58pm On Jan 31
Ahh thank God he is fit again, now Uzoho can remain on the bench where he belongs

1 Like

Re: AFCON: Nwabali Thanks Nigerians For Concerns During Injury Scare by Jeje247: 2:58pm On Jan 31
The fear of uzoho is the beginning of wisdom
Re: AFCON: Nwabali Thanks Nigerians For Concerns During Injury Scare by Kinzo0917(m): 3:01pm On Jan 31
Jangbajantis:

I pray 🙏 those praising him now will stand by him when he commits blunder

We nigerians have short memories. Once he makes one mistake now, you will see insults. Some will threaten to kill him . same thing they did to maduka okoye

As far as I am concerned, he has not been tested yet. I can't rate him above uzoho yet
Re: AFCON: Nwabali Thanks Nigerians For Concerns During Injury Scare by Kinzo0917(m): 3:05pm On Jan 31
rotadeco27:

You are in d spirit my guy

Oil dey ur head

You get sense

At d sight of Abubakar, d guy feign injury. The fear of vincent A , is the beginning of wisdom
Re: AFCON: Nwabali Thanks Nigerians For Concerns During Injury Scare by Bahamas95(m): 3:07pm On Jan 31
Jangbajantis:
I know the defenders are shielding him but you can see he got confidence unlike Uzoho that's always shaking like a little girl suffering from fever...... Uzoho can't even play goal kick, Omeruo wanted to assist him when he came on against Cameroon but he refused and still played rubbish. The ball didn't even cross the line.

A goalkeeper like Uzoho will always put his team under pressure.

2 Likes

Re: AFCON: Nwabali Thanks Nigerians For Concerns During Injury Scare by ZaddyJ: 3:08pm On Jan 31
happney65:
Has he been cleared for our next match?
Yes
Check Is last comment.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Enugu Rangers Fan Thread - The Flying Antelopes / Nairaland Rules, The Sports Section & European Football Club Threads: A Must-Read / Klopp Beats Lampard To Win Back-to-back EPL Manager Of The Month For Sep

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.