Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,170 members, 7,815,081 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:58 AM

The Galloping Naira V Dollar. My Opinion! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Galloping Naira V Dollar. My Opinion! (1965 Views)

Breaking News: Tinubu In Unstable State Shouting My Dollar, My Dollar. / Naira V. Dollars: Today's Rate / Naira V Dollar: How True Is This Statement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Galloping Naira V Dollar. My Opinion! by gaby(m): 4:49pm On Jan 31
Those who follow me and read some of my comments with an open mind will agree that I have been harping on about how "if we continue to allow our parochial tribal and religious biases to dictate our choices and sentiments, Nigerians will soon be needing a wheelbarrow load of the pieces of toilet papers called the naira to purchase a single loaf of bread" that is, when and where the bread is readily available. What we are witnessing right now is just the starting point, I am not a pessimist or a doom prophet but a realist who takes pleasure in weighing issues from onset, ongoing, and able to conclude what the results could/would be without any form of bias.

If only Nigerians truly understood what is going on and how the country is being murdered from every angle, no one Nigerian would continue to buy into the nonsense propaganda and diversionary tales of "we are an import-dependent country, hence, the continuous erosion of our foreign exchange earnings". Did Nigeria suddenly become an import-dependent country in the last decade? A question to ponder upon.

I'm going to try and explain to the best of my knowledge and understanding of what is going on and how the corrupt politicians, the rogue Nigerian businessmen, and Dollar billionaires have completely wrecked the country and how there is currently no one alive in Nigeria that can remedy the situation. Whoever tries to or attempts to mess with the status quo, will be frustrated to surrender, sabotaged from all angles, and even assassinated.

If there was one man who would have tried to do anything to frustrate the wanton looting of the Nation's commonwealth, I would say it was "Buhari", but he too got in and soon realized that the situation was unmanageable and unsalvageable. The enormity of the rot from even within his inner circles was glaring and overwhelming.

The rot in the system is so deep that should one as the President decide to focus his attention on the economy the saboteurs will shift their focus to insecurity and vice versa.

Buhari had his many flaws while in power but he almost remedied some of those flaws at the twilight of his administration when he came up with the now infamous "Currency change" policy. This was one masterstroke of a policy that probably would have nipped in the bud the madness that is currently on full display today. But what did we get? The thieves who were the major targets of those policies rallied the poor citizens as usual who didn't have the Billions that were the targets in their accounts and could have persevered through the discomfort of that stage for us all to come out better and made them believe that the policy was against them, their choice of President, and were all seething to take up arms in protest.

That particular policy was targeted mainly at the ruling class who had Nairas in bullion vans stashed up in varying locations within the country and away from circulation. The policy would have frustrated them and possibly forced them into routing those funds back into the banking system and then making it easy to identify who owns what and how he/she came about such funds.

After all the hues and cries, what we are facing right now is a direct consequence of that policy getting knocked down. The politicians and rogue businessmen including your President are all dumping the worthless Naira they looted to infinity and using it to mop up whatever Dollar is available and at whatever rate.

You can imagine if just Sadiya Farouk, the former Minister of Disaster dumped just her loot in the forex market for a mop-up, and then we have all the governors, senators, etc who have looted the country dry. And now they want you to believe it's due to importation.

As far back as 2022/2023, I commented here that when Buhari leaves Nigerians will ask for his return in an ironic manner due to how bad the next administration would be and it didn't matter if it was Atiku, Obi, Tinubu, or Sowore, that's how bad the situation is and unfortunately enough, it will only get worse except a miracle happens. The world has witnessed this with the Zimbabwes and Somalias of this world.

It is very bleak my people, very very bleak. All we need to do is to find a way to take back our country from these demons, disintegrate, or just find a way to start from the basics.

There's no country anymore. Ask the CBN to tell you how much Naira we have in circulation today, no body sabi.

It has gotten to a stage where even the ones in government right now have realized that there is nothing salvageable about this fake marriage and they are actively on course to loot and shore up their own regional reserve from the commonwealth ahead of whatever might come and to be well prepared and at par with the other region just in case. I only hope for the East to be given their time too to take their share before the coming divorce.

NLFPmod

Seun

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Galloping Naira V Dollar. My Opinion! by lazkizz(m): 4:58pm On Jan 31
Facts bro

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Galloping Naira V Dollar. My Opinion! by kestolove95(m): 5:01pm On Jan 31
Tinubu is more concern about moving cbn to Lagos than the naira fall.....somebody that came with yoruba agenda has nothing to offer...

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Galloping Naira V Dollar. My Opinion! by tensazangetsu20(m): 5:03pm On Jan 31
I stopped reading when I saw buhari will remedy the situation. Next. I am very sure you also voted for the idiotic baboon in 2015.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Galloping Naira V Dollar. My Opinion! by gaby(m): 5:09pm On Jan 31
tensazangetsu20:
I stopped reading when I saw buhari will remedy the situation. Next. I am very sure you also voted for the idiotic baboon in 2015.

You still can't smell the coffee. In your books it is still who I voted or did not vote in 2015.

The one that brought Buhari for you in 2015 is there now by himself. You go use your tongue and nose take lick and smell your anus, keep watch.

Senseless things.

Always emotional where common sense should be needed.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Galloping Naira V Dollar. My Opinion! by tensazangetsu20(m): 5:10pm On Jan 31
gaby:

You still can't smell the coffee. In your books it is still who I voted or did not vote in 2015.

The one that brought Buhari for you in 2015 is there now by himself. You go use your tongue and nose take lick and smell your anus, keep watch.

Senseless things.

Story like I give a Bleep anyway. The suffering is yet to begin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: The Galloping Naira V Dollar. My Opinion! by EreluRoz: 5:16pm On Jan 31
I love this and it's just the truth in it's pure form. I wish this can make front page

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Galloping Naira V Dollar. My Opinion! by Ikinternational: 5:20pm On Jan 31
2010 Toyota Camry will soon cost 15 million naira

Nigerians never see anything. Abeg continue doing my oga PO

7 Likes

Re: The Galloping Naira V Dollar. My Opinion! by Seunpapa65: 5:20pm On Jan 31
1$ will become 1#
He did it in Lagos
Lagos blueprint πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
The have changed moniker to be begging anyhow suffering no get tribe Sha
Even the 30k salary for defending him online no sure again we you talk the will call you enemies of Nigeria
As me make I start now dey arrange my voters card I never vote APC we go spoil this country finish Sha

Am yet to hear from those agbado followers especially that is always hard to qoute

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Galloping Naira V Dollar. My Opinion! by courage89(m): 5:27pm On Jan 31
Interesting
Re: The Galloping Naira V Dollar. My Opinion! by tommy589(m): 5:28pm On Jan 31
This democracy you are practicing is too expensive.

How are we going to get dividends of democracy,when you consider the duplication of work and the multitudes of political appointees that are settled with same job specifications. Consider the waste from LG to Federal

What is their value or productivity to the economy than to drain it.

1 Like

Re: The Galloping Naira V Dollar. My Opinion! by DMerciful(m): 6:00pm On Jan 31
Your analysis of the situation made a lot of sense
gaby:
Those who follow me and read some of my comments with an open mind will agree that I have been harping on about how "if we continue to allow our parochial tribal and religious biases to dictate our choices and sentiments, Nigerians will soon be needing a wheelbarrow load of the pieces of toilet papers called the naira to purchase a single loaf of bread" that is, when and where the bread is readily available. What we are witnessing right now is just the starting point, I am not a pessimist or a doom prophet but a realist who takes pleasure in weighing issues from onset, ongoing, and able to conclude what the results could/would be without any form of bias.

If only Nigerians truly understood what is going on and how the country is being murdered from every angle, no one Nigerian would continue to buy into the nonsense propaganda and diversionary tales of "we are an import-dependent country, hence, the continuous erosion of our foreign exchange earnings". Did Nigeria suddenly become an import-dependent country in the last decade? A question to ponder upon.

I'm going to try and explain to the best of my knowledge and understanding of what is going on and how the corrupt politicians, the rogue Nigerian businessmen, and Dollar billionaires have completely wrecked the country and how there is currently no one alive in Nigeria that can remedy the situation. Whoever tries to or attempts to mess with the status quo, will be frustrated to surrender, sabotaged from all angles, and even assassinated.

If there was one man who would have tried to do anything to frustrate the wanton looting of the Nation's commonwealth, I would say it was "Buhari", but he too got in and soon realized that the situation was unmanageable and unsalvageable. The enormity of the rot from even within his inner circles was glaring and overwhelming.

The rot in the system is so deep that should one as the President decide to focus his attention on the economy the saboteurs will shift their focus to insecurity and vice versa.

Buhari had his many flaws while in power but he almost remedied some of those flaws at the twilight of his administration when he came up with the now infamous "Currency change" policy. This was one masterstroke of a policy that probably would have nipped in the bud the madness that is currently on full display today. But what did we get? The thieves who were the major targets of those policies rallied the poor citizens as usual who didn't have the Billions that were the targets in their accounts and could have persevered through the discomfort of that stage for us all to come out better and made them believe that the policy was against them, their choice of President, and were all seething to take up arms in protest.

That particular policy was targeted mainly at the ruling class who had Nairas in bullion vans stashed up in varying locations within the country and away from circulation. The policy would have frustrated them and possibly forced them into routing those funds back into the banking system and then making it easy to identify who owns what and how he/she came about such funds.

After all the hues and cries, what we are facing right now is a direct consequence of that policy getting knocked down. The politicians and rogue businessmen including your President are all dumping the worthless Naira they looted to infinity and using it to mop up whatever Dollar is available and at whatever rate.

You can imagine if just Sadiya Farouk, the former Minister of Disaster dumped just her loot in the forex market for a mop-up, and then we have all the governors, senators, etc who have looted the country dry. And now they want you to believe it's due to importation.

As far back as 2022/2023, I commented here that when Buhari leaves Nigerians will ask for his return in an ironic manner due to how bad the next administration would be and it didn't matter if it was Atiku, Obi, Tinubu, or Sowore, that's how bad the situation is and unfortunately enough, it will only get worse except a miracle happens. The world has witnessed this with the Zimbabwes and Somalias of this world.

It is very bleak my people, very very bleak. All we need to do is to find a way to take back our country from these demons, disintegrate, or just find a way to start from the basics.

There's no country anymore. Ask the CBN to tell you how much Naira we have in circulation today, no body sabi.

It has gotten to a stage where even the ones in government right now have realized that there is nothing salvageable about this fake marriage and they are actively on course to loot and shore up their own regional reserve from the commonwealth ahead of whatever might come and to be well prepared and at par with the other region just in case. I only hope for the East to be given their time too to take their share before the coming divorce.

NLFPmod

Seun

1 Like

Re: The Galloping Naira V Dollar. My Opinion! by gaby(m): 6:02pm On Jan 31
DMerciful:
Your analysis of the situation made a lot of sense

Thanks, man.

1 Like

Re: The Galloping Naira V Dollar. My Opinion! by being(m): 6:43pm On Jan 31
@gaby: a major problem of this country is corruption but d current fx rate issue is basically a $ demand-supply issue! Supply is quite low, so price must increase to an equilibrium point where demand will now be reduced to the supply value..
Of course corruption is part of the reasons we have a low $supply ($ loans embezzled being paid back now, govt allowed oil bunkering etc)
And pls buhari was very far from a solution !! Buhari literally presided over a 50% reduction in crude production(the major cause of $ supply reduction)--he did nothing to stop it.
He presided and actually encouraged(by doing nothing)his kinsmen to unleash insecurity all over the country which caused lower farm outputs and higher agric import demand. Insecurity also led to lower $ FDI.
PLS don't assault our sensibilities again by saying buhari tried for a solution... a lot of these problems are from his admin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Galloping Naira V Dollar. My Opinion! by nairalanda1(m): 6:49pm On Jan 31
Well, while i agree with the poster about the buhari naira policy( and the crtics of the policy were not all bad billionaires, some politicans like el rufai made the valid point that the policy affected business and livelihoods in many rural areas that have been heavily underbanked...Yobe for example has eleven lgas without a bank)...the dollar problem is due to the fact that we don't earn enough in dollars and we are too import dependent
Re: The Galloping Naira V Dollar. My Opinion! by AngelicBeing: 6:57pm On Jan 31
gaby:

NLFPmod

Seun

l agree with your assessment above wink

Re: The Galloping Naira V Dollar. My Opinion! by lastkingsman: 7:16pm On Jan 31
gaby:

Senseless things.

Is not Buhari that printed 21 trn naira via ways and means without accountability and borrowed almost 20bn USD spent on consumption?

What the heck are you talking about?

2 Likes

Re: The Galloping Naira V Dollar. My Opinion! by gaby(m): 7:19pm On Jan 31
lastkingsman:

Is not Buhari that printed 21 trn naira via ways and means without accountability and borrowed almost 20bn USD spent on consumption?

What the heck are you talking about?

You will soon understand what I'm talking about. Do you by any chance understand how much of the naira is looted off circulation and stored up in empty houses, underground bunkers, and bullion vans?

2 Likes

Re: The Galloping Naira V Dollar. My Opinion! by gaby(m): 7:19pm On Jan 31
AngelicBeing:
l agree with your assessment above wink

Thank you, paddy.

1 Like

Re: The Galloping Naira V Dollar. My Opinion! by lastkingsman: 7:35pm On Jan 31
gaby:

You will soon understand what I'm talking about. Do you by any chance understand how much of the naira is looted off circulation and stored up in empty houses, underground bunkers, and bullion vans?

You are answering my question with questions. Buhari is the definition of corruption. Nobody prints 23trns naira via ways and means without accountability. The ways and means act states that you can only print 5% of the years previous revenue which was around 1trn naira but he did 23trn naira.

So that money of course won't be stored in empty houses and bunkers in naira. It will be used to buy dollars at all cost driving up the price!

4 Likes

Re: The Galloping Naira V Dollar. My Opinion! by GenderMix: 7:36pm On Jan 31
Absolutely on the spot. The situation is really terrible for those with foresight. There is no hope

However I fear how the masses will react when there is no straw to clutch on anymore. May God see Nigerians through the revolution

1 Like

Re: The Galloping Naira V Dollar. My Opinion! by Sapiosexuality(m): 7:49pm On Jan 31
tensazangetsu20:
Same here. I forced myself to continue reading beyond that but it was impossible.
Re: The Galloping Naira V Dollar. My Opinion! by gaby(m): 8:02pm On Jan 31
lastkingsman:

You are answering my question with questions. Buhari is the definition of corruption. Nobody prints 23trns naira via ways and means without accountability. The ways and means act states that you can only print 5% of the years previous revenue which was around 1trn naira but he did 23trn naira.

So that money of course won't be stored in empty houses and bunkers in naira. It will be used to buy dollars at all cost driving up the price!

I'm not expecting you to understand it, dude.

During Buhari's administration, you said it was excessive printing of the Naira. Please, pray, tell, what was it during GEJ and previous administration up to the current.

Until you lots learn to extricate emotions from discussing issues of national importance na this continuous rigmarole and swimming in the falsehoods and propaganda they keep feeding you with.

1 Like

Re: The Galloping Naira V Dollar. My Opinion! by spy24(m): 8:50pm On Jan 31
The only sense you made was admitting that the naira redesign policy was good...

Buhari started the policy when it was too late..

2 Likes

Re: The Galloping Naira V Dollar. My Opinion! by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 8:53pm On Jan 31
But Gaby why will you praise Buhari?

Do you realise that the price of agricultural products is also multiplying?... I mean products we do produce in Nigeria. How many criminal herdsmen were prosecuted?

The same man rehabilitated bokoharam terrorists, sent them abroad to acquire skills while victims of bokoharam terrorism are living in IDP camp.

3 Likes

Re: The Galloping Naira V Dollar. My Opinion! by gaby(m): 8:59pm On Jan 31
OkpaNsukkaisBae:
But Gaby why will you praise Buhari?

Do you realise that the price of agricultural products is also multiplying?... I mean products we do produce in Nigeria. How many criminal herdsmen were prosecuted?

The same man rehabilitated bokoharam terrorists, sent them abroad to acquire skills while victims of bokoharam terrorism are living in IDP camp.

Buhari failed on so many fronts as I already posited in my submission above. It is still very debatable because I keep telling people "Even if Muhammad or Jesus is brought in to oversee the Nigeria that we have today as it is currently set up, it will be a very huge struggle to succeed".

Saboteurs and evil people abound all around the polity.

What I hailed Buhari about was that currency redesign stroke he tried to initiate. Even if it failed to correct most of the ills bedeviling the rotten economy, the rogues who looted the naira away from circulation and hid them in houses would have felt the heat to an extent.

1 Like

Re: The Galloping Naira V Dollar. My Opinion! by Anunakeeh: 2:01am On Feb 01
gaby:

NLFPmod

Seun

I am still searching for words.

1 Like

Re: The Galloping Naira V Dollar. My Opinion! by kanupapilo: 2:05am On Feb 01
Nigeria is heading for bankruptcy and the corrupt politicians and military generals are mopping all the dollars, pounds and euros to flee when the ship sinks.

4 Likes

Re: The Galloping Naira V Dollar. My Opinion! by Gerrard59(m): 2:15am On Feb 01
gaby:

The one that brought Buhari for you in 2015 is there now by himself. You go use your tongue and nose take lick and smell your anus, keep watch.Senseless things.Always emotional where common sense should be needed.

But he is right. Why is it hard for you people to understand that Buhari worsened things? Why is it hard for you people to accept that your Lord and Saviour ruined things in 2015? Buhari, the incompetent feudalist whose cattle-rearing career was at odds with elementary biology and economics, should not have been elected in 2015. That is where the problem comes from. I am very sceptical of folks who try to absolve Buhari's part in the economic ruin of Nigeria. This is someone whose antecedents date to 1984, when he plunged the country into hardship and recession. Then, in 2015, he repeated the same thing. This is someone who wept on camera and vowed never to run again in 2011. This is someone who was begged by foreign countries to call his murderous and irate supporters to order after they went slaughtering youth corp members. Buhari responded THREE DAYS AFTER the election!

Buhari ruined the country! Accept it!!! Yes, Tinubu paired with him. to gang up against good policies by GEJ and deserves every problem he currently faces. But to lie (because it is a big fat lie!) that Buhari would have handled the economy better is mendacious and disgusting!

Your darling incompetent cattle rearer ruined the hEkOnOmY

I only hope for the East to be given their time too to take their share before the coming divorce.

tensazangetsu20:

He is Igbo, which makes it even worse. I am willing to bet he is one of those folks who screamed that an Islamist would phight kwarruption! grin

1 Like

Re: The Galloping Naira V Dollar. My Opinion! by Gerrard59(m): 2:20am On Feb 01
being:
@gaby: a major problem of this country is corruption but d current fx rate issue is basically a $ demand-supply issue! Supply is quite low, so price must increase to an equilibrium point where demand will now be reduced to the supply value..
Of course corruption is part of the reasons we have a low $supply ($ loans embezzled being paid back now, govt allowed oil bunkering etc)
And pls buhari was very far from a solution !! Buhari literally presided over a 50% reduction in crude production(the major cause of $ supply reduction)--he did nothing to stop it.
He presided and actually encouraged(by doing nothing)his kinsmen to unleash insecurity all over the country which caused lower farm outputs and higher agric import demand. Insecurity also led to lower $ FDI.
PLS don't assault our sensibilities again by saying buhari tried for a solution... a lot of these problems are from his admin

It is clear that OP campaigned and voted for Buhari. As an Igbo man who went on illegal migration during the '90s that makes it even worse. After attempting to cross the Mediterranean Sea in the '90s, he campaigned and voted for Buhari in 2015!

Spits!

ZUBY77, Accept it as a man in his 40s abi 50s, your buddy Buhari ruined the heconomi

2 Likes

Re: The Galloping Naira V Dollar. My Opinion! by gaby(m): 2:48am On Feb 01
Gerrard59:

But he is right. Why is it hard for you people to understand that Buhari worsened things? Why is it hard for you people to accept that your Lord and Saviour ruined things in 2015? Buhari, the incompetent feudalist whose cattle-rearing career was at odds with elementary biology and economics, should not have been elected in 2015. That is where the problem comes from. I am very sceptical of folks who try to absolve Buhari's part in the economic ruin of Nigeria. This is someone whose antecedents date to 1984, when he plunged the country into hardship and recession. Then, in 2015, he repeated the same thing. This is someone who wept on camera and vowed never to run again in 2011. This is someone who was begged by foreign countries to call his murderous and irate supporters to order after they went slaughtering youth corp members. Buhari responded THREE DAYS AFTER the election!

Buhari ruined the country! Accept it!!! Yes, Tinubu paired with him. to gang up against good policies by GEJ and deserves every problem he currently faces. But to lie (because it is a big fat lie!) that Buhari would have handled the economy better is mendacious and disgusting!

Your darling incompetent cattle rearer ruined the hEkOnOmY

He is Igbo, which makes it even worse. I am willing to bet he is one of those folks who screamed that an Islamist would phight kwarruption! grin

It's so easy to point out when inexperienced kids drop comments.

I am already an Igbo and a Buharist because my assertion doesn't conform with your held beliefs and understanding of the true situation of the contraption designated as Nigeria.

Until a good number of the citizenry particularly the likes of you who are myopic in your reasoning and believe the way this country is currently set up gives any hope of a salvation by any one man, you will continue to wallow in your utopian dreams.

Okay, Buhari murdered the country and Nigeria was Eldorado until Buhari happened, I agree with you.

Now listen to me, before Buhari came on board, I was on here campaigning and warning every youth who cared to listen "to add the 8 years Buhari would do to their ages and do the maths. It is BAT time now, kindly add another 8 years to your current age and keep going. And in case it'd make any sense to you, the next one coming after BAT will make you call BAT "Albert Einstein" because every former has always been seen to perform better than every incumbent. Is this what you call a country?

A country with zero foundations? What do you intend to build upon?

I shake my head for the likes of you, my brother.

1 Like

Re: The Galloping Naira V Dollar. My Opinion! by Throwback: 2:49am On Feb 01
kestolove95:
Tinubu is more concern about moving cbn to Lagos than the naira fall.....somebody that came with yoruba agenda has nothing to offer...

This illiterate does not even understand the reason why certain departments of the CBN are being moved for the overall efficiency of CBN for the benefit of the country.

But like a drunk illiterate vomiting rubbish at a beer parlour, he claims CBN itself is being moved to Lagos because of a Yoruba agenda.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Reno Omokri Declares Support For Atiku 2027 Presidency / Eya, Egyptian Women Circumcision / Who Now Killed Bola Ige? Ghost?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 133
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.