Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,745 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:27 PM

The Galloping Naira V Dollar. My Opinion! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Galloping Naira V Dollar. My Opinion! (1977 Views)

Breaking News: Tinubu In Unstable State Shouting My Dollar, My Dollar. / Naira V. Dollars: Today's Rate / Naira V Dollar: How True Is This Statement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Galloping Naira V Dollar. My Opinion! by Gerrard59(m): 4:20am On Feb 01
gaby:

It's so easy to point out when inexperienced kids drop comments.

I am already an Igbo and a Buharist because my assertion doesn't conform with your held beliefs and understanding of the true situation of the contraption designated as Nigeria.

Now listen to me, before Buhari came on board, I was on here campaigning and warning every youth who cared to listen "to add the 8 years Buhari would do to their ages and do the maths. It is BAT time now, kindly add another 8 years to your current age and keep going. And in case it'd make any sense to you, the next one coming after BAT will make you call BAT "Albert Einstein" because every former has always been seen to perform better than every incumbent. Is this what you call a country?

A country with zero foundations? What do you intend to build upon?

I shake my head for the likes of you, my brother.

You said Buhari would have handled the hekonomi better. That is where the problem comes from - Buhari is an incompetent feudalist who failed in his outdated cattle rearing business. Buhari's cattle rearing business defied basic biology and economics principles. The same man you said would've handled the heconomi better.

Why should we take your words seriously when you say an incompetent cattle rearer would have handled the Nigerian hecoonmi better?! WHY?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Galloping Naira V Dollar. My Opinion! by Bebigiby1: 5:45am On Feb 01
Yes The future is bleak…. We ran a system of government that brought out the worst among us…. We ran a system of government showed how divided we are and this was used against us by our greedy leaders…. the way forward for Nigerians now is to APC government by pushing for dissolution of the government then reset, restructure and decentralize power….
Re: The Galloping Naira V Dollar. My Opinion! by Gerrard59(m): 6:44am On Feb 01
Gerrard59:

It is clear that OP campaigned and voted for Buhari. As an Igbo man who went on illegal migration during the '90s that makes it even worse. After attempting to cross the Mediterranean Sea in the '90s, he campaigned and voted for Buhari in 2015!

Spits!

ZUBY77, Accept it as a man in his 40s abi 50s, your buddy Buhari ruined the heconomi

I had to re-read this and it is doing me somehow in my head.

APC, the juju you people used in 2015 was powerful! Well done to those behind its concoction. Dem try well well!

1 Like

Re: The Galloping Naira V Dollar. My Opinion! by SuperOnyi: 2:01pm On Feb 01
shocked

Sir, if we were having this conversation one-on-one, I would have said 'thank you' ten times in just a minute and 38 seconds. I'm happy a lot of people are beginning to see what I saw years ago even as a teenager — I have always maintained that Nigeria is irredeemable.

I mean, look at everything going on, isn't it clear that these so-called elites know something you don't?

Tell me why someone who believes in his country will keep looting and looting with no remorse even when they know the country is sinking?

Imagine yourself embezzling all the money in your brother's company even when it's obvious your evil activities are slowly running the company down; would anyone think you believe in the future of that company?

Why is it so hard for people to understand?

Almost all of them have dual citizenship, and their kids live in Western countries; how on Earth do you think they actually give a f*ck about this country? Why do they have more investments abroad than in Nigeria? Has anyone invested the money they stole from Nigeria here?

The earlier, this illegal and abominable Union is disintegrated, the better for us — until then, I'm looking forward to making more money so one day, I will be the Moses taking my people to the promised land.

3 Likes

Re: The Galloping Naira V Dollar. My Opinion! by system21: 3:45pm On Feb 01
Op i concur with some of your points except where you said that buhari would have handled the economy very well through his ill-fated naira redesign
Re: The Galloping Naira V Dollar. My Opinion! by blacknp(m): 3:48pm On Feb 01
kestolove95:
Tinubu is more concern about moving cbn to Lagos than the naira fall.....somebody that came with yoruba agenda has nothing to offer...
Clueless Thing, at least try & have small respect for what you have left of what you call a brain.

Oblivious Things like you cannot but suffer for your ignorance in society.
Re: The Galloping Naira V Dollar. My Opinion! by skj1377(m): 3:56pm On Feb 01
What is your solution??
Re: The Galloping Naira V Dollar. My Opinion! by gaby(m): 5:32pm On Feb 02
Gerrard59:

I had to re-read this and it is doing me somehow in my head.

APC, the juju you people used in 2015 was powerful! Well done to those behind its concoction. Dem try well well!

That you had to come back to re-read and believe your fallacies actually cements the fact that your case is a hopeless one.

You believe I am Zuby, I am Igbo, I am APC, and I voted and campaigned for Buhari in 2015.

The ones ruling and ruining your lives today were exactly where you are today with the same reasoning and mentality that they took along with them to the various positions they occupy today.

Tell me, where should I draw the hope from in a pool replete with irredeemable like you?

It is a hopeless case, indeed.
Re: The Galloping Naira V Dollar. My Opinion! by sukkot: 8:33am On Feb 20
gaby:
Those who follow me and read some of my comments with an open mind will agree that I have been harping on about how "if we continue to allow our parochial tribal and religious biases to dictate our choices and sentiments, Nigerians will soon be needing a wheelbarrow load of the pieces of toilet papers called the naira to purchase a single loaf of bread" that is, when and where the bread is readily available. What we are witnessing right now is just the starting point, I am not a pessimist or a doom prophet but a realist who takes pleasure in weighing issues from onset, ongoing, and able to conclude what the results could/would be without any form of bias.

If only Nigerians truly understood what is going on and how the country is being murdered from every angle, no one Nigerian would continue to buy into the nonsense propaganda and diversionary tales of "we are an import-dependent country, hence, the continuous erosion of our foreign exchange earnings". Did Nigeria suddenly become an import-dependent country in the last decade? A question to ponder upon.

I'm going to try and explain to the best of my knowledge and understanding of what is going on and how the corrupt politicians, the rogue Nigerian businessmen, and Dollar billionaires have completely wrecked the country and how there is currently no one alive in Nigeria that can remedy the situation. Whoever tries to or attempts to mess with the status quo, will be frustrated to surrender, sabotaged from all angles, and even assassinated.

If there was one man who would have tried to do anything to frustrate the wanton looting of the Nation's commonwealth, I would say it was "Buhari", but he too got in and soon realized that the situation was unmanageable and unsalvageable. The enormity of the rot from even within his inner circles was glaring and overwhelming.

The rot in the system is so deep that should one as the President decide to focus his attention on the economy the saboteurs will shift their focus to insecurity and vice versa.

Buhari had his many flaws while in power but he almost remedied some of those flaws at the twilight of his administration when he came up with the now infamous "Currency change" policy. This was one masterstroke of a policy that probably would have nipped in the bud the madness that is currently on full display today. But what did we get? The thieves who were the major targets of those policies rallied the poor citizens as usual who didn't have the Billions that were the targets in their accounts and could have persevered through the discomfort of that stage for us all to come out better and made them believe that the policy was against them, their choice of President, and were all seething to take up arms in protest.

That particular policy was targeted mainly at the ruling class who had Nairas in bullion vans stashed up in varying locations within the country and away from circulation. The policy would have frustrated them and possibly forced them into routing those funds back into the banking system and then making it easy to identify who owns what and how he/she came about such funds.

After all the hues and cries, what we are facing right now is a direct consequence of that policy getting knocked down. The politicians and rogue businessmen including your President are all dumping the worthless Naira they looted to infinity and using it to mop up whatever Dollar is available and at whatever rate.

You can imagine if just Sadiya Farouk, the former Minister of Disaster dumped just her loot in the forex market for a mop-up, and then we have all the governors, senators, etc who have looted the country dry. And now they want you to believe it's due to importation.

As far back as 2022/2023, I commented here that when Buhari leaves Nigerians will ask for his return in an ironic manner due to how bad the next administration would be and it didn't matter if it was Atiku, Obi, Tinubu, or Sowore, that's how bad the situation is and unfortunately enough, it will only get worse except a miracle happens. The world has witnessed this with the Zimbabwes and Somalias of this world.

It is very bleak my people, very very bleak. All we need to do is to find a way to take back our country from these demons, disintegrate, or just find a way to start from the basics.

There's no country anymore. Ask the CBN to tell you how much Naira we have in circulation today, no body sabi.

It has gotten to a stage where even the ones in government right now have realized that there is nothing salvageable about this fake marriage and they are actively on course to loot and shore up their own regional reserve from the commonwealth ahead of whatever might come and to be well prepared and at par with the other region just in case. I only hope for the East to be given their time too to take their share before the coming divorce.

NLFPmod

Seun

you still get Taptap send ?
Re: The Galloping Naira V Dollar. My Opinion! by gaby(m): 1:05pm On Feb 20
sukkot:
you still get Taptap send ?

Yep
Re: The Galloping Naira V Dollar. My Opinion! by sukkot: 1:54pm On Feb 20
gaby:

Yep
can i get it from nigeria ? do i need a uk bank card ?
Re: The Galloping Naira V Dollar. My Opinion! by gaby(m): 1:56pm On Feb 20
sukkot:
can i get it from nigeria ? do i need a uk bank card ?

I'm not 100% sure but would advise you to download it, try registering, and see how it goes.
Re: The Galloping Naira V Dollar. My Opinion! by sukkot: 2:02pm On Feb 20
gaby:

I'm not 100% sure but would advise you to download it, try registering, and see how it goes.
Thank you
Re: The Galloping Naira V Dollar. My Opinion! by MOG6670(m): 8:23pm On Apr 08
2006 till date! Some you supposed to be president or atleast governor of a forum here nairaland Lol
Re: The Galloping Naira V Dollar. My Opinion! by Paraman: 11:00pm On Apr 08
GenderMix:
Absolutely on the spot. The situation is really terrible for those with foresight. There is no hope

However I fear how the masses will react when there is no straw to clutch on anymore. May God see Nigerians through the revolution
I trust you Chibuzor
Re: The Galloping Naira V Dollar. My Opinion! by Iamanoited: 6:17am On Apr 09
FOREX IN NIGERIA IS A BANKERS' MONOPOLY AND IT IS FRAUDULENT. THE GOVERNMENT HAS. NO CONTROL. IT HAS BECOME A MAFIA WORSE THAN COCAINE.. IF TINUBU WILL NOT TAG THE NAIRA NOW, NIGERIA IS IN A HOPELESS DREAM.
BUHARI AND EMEFIELE HAVE RUINED OUR BANKS. EDUN AND CARDOSO ARE SIMPLY CONFUSED.
Re: The Galloping Naira V Dollar. My Opinion! by CaptainGo: 6:20am On Apr 09
lastkingsman:

Is not Buhari that printed 21 trn naira via ways and means without accountability and borrowed almost 20bn USD spent on consumption?

What the heck are you talking about?

Do not mind that clown. Posting rubbish.

He has forgotten so soon how people suffered because of that so-called naira redesign. A politically motivated move that amounted to nothing.

Imagine the poorly redesigned notes and the amount they claimed it cost to do it. A poorly timed and implemented move.

Buhari did nothing for Nigeria. He ruined the country. He left Nigeria much worse than he met it.

(1) (2) (Reply)

#tinubulagosschoolseries is trending / Nigeria Moved Up On Failed States List / The Buy-nigerian-goods Campaign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.