Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,327 members, 7,819,119 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:33 AM

Can The North Stand Alone? - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can The North Stand Alone? (17899 Views)

Why Re The Biafrans Scared To Stand Alone..? / Afenifere Group: Yoruba Will Stand Alone If Military Takes Over / If I Hated The North, I Wouldn’t Have Built Almajiri Schools - Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can The North Stand Alone? by remarkD(m): 8:30am On Nov 10, 2011
Nah wah oh! O nweghi ihe mmadu n’agaghi ahu na nairaland!

This thread has just been 12 pages of emptiness, and I really shook my head when I saw people ‘congratulating’ Desola or whatever her name is – it was kinda funny too; for such people someone is a champion’ and really smart for saying stuff like … (paraphrasing) “You can’t teach me anything cause I’m Yoruba and you’re Ibo” … even if there wass an ethnic group called Ibo, how intelligent are you thinking that your race/ethnic group makes you smarter than another? Chai! Iberibe wu oria.
So when her kinfolk come out to lift her on their shoulders, it looks pitiful lol. Cause absolutely nothing she said made any sense or was logical. They’d cheer on a loudmouth, all fluff and no substance, over someone like Ekt_bear that (tries to) argue with reason.
^^^ I just had to comment on this cause it really doesn’t make Yorubas look good, and feeds the stereotype that they are all words, no action.

btw rofl@bliss4life and her transformer-hugging friend,
Re: Can The North Stand Alone? by remarkD(m): 8:36am On Nov 10, 2011
And I join onlytruth in asking why the Yoruba tribalists leave the thread when their Igbo counterparts show up to take them on? Only to show up when their matches are gone to continue derailing the thread and being a menace to those wanting to have a normal, civilised and logical conversation void of tribalistic jargon.

if you really enjoy spewing trash around, then do it with those that like it too so you guys can knock yourselves out. angry
Re: Can The North Stand Alone? by remarkD(m): 8:43am On Nov 10, 2011
@topic, its also pertinent to ask what factors determines whether a region can stand on its own or not, then we can go from there. If we going by IGR as has been brought up (and answered) its just a matter of raising taxes. Btw you guys should find out how much income tax the Danes are paying shocked
Re: Can The North Stand Alone? by chidexy(m): 8:46am On Nov 10, 2011
No section of the country is going to separate, not even in the next 100 years. Separation isn't easy and where are you going to draw the lines and who would do that.

Besides, every section of the country can stand on their own if push comes to shove. Necessity would ensure that!
Re: Can The North Stand Alone? by LordNaya: 12:15pm On Nov 10, 2011
De north cant stand alone and will fail. Surely Nigerian will disintegrate before 2015 by God's grace unless the injustice, hatred/envy and distrust for Ndi Igbo in Nigeria is removed and an Igbo man becoming the president of Nigeria come 2015 by God's grace. Amen. Else division of Nigeria is inevitable. All thesame Ndi Igbo has risen and now dominate in Nigeria in every area be it political, military, acadamic, economic, religiously etc and we are still growing and advancing because God has blessed Ndi Igbo and no man, people, country or anything can curse. May God continue to bless, favour, protect and lead Ndi Igbo. AMEN.
Re: Can The North Stand Alone? by OLASODE2K: 3:54pm On Nov 10, 2011
this isue of the north standing alone was the main reason behind the 1966 coup that brought gowon to power. immediately, he was sworn in by the coupist he wanted to secceed his region-the northen region then-from the union if not for the british diplomats then who dissaded him from such folly. if the northerners had the intention of secceding in 1966 and ploted a coup iin order to achieve this, they could stand alone now. this is because before u ever decide pulling out, the economic implications of such extreme actions would have been exhaustively thrashed out.
meanwhile, 45yrs later u nairalanders are still doubting if they could survive. truly, oil has turned most nigerians into lazybones however the truth and harsh reality is that kaduna state is the most blessed nigerian state in mineral resources boasting of documented 42 natural resources. we, other nigerians from other regions have land not too conducive for mechanised farming. if these agriculture sector is developed further and embrace full mechanised farming, dont be surprised they could be earning more from this than oil is presently giving them.
although initially, things would be tough for them just like the north sudan which lost 30% of their income to the southern sudan independence but in 25yrs time, they might regret for listening to the british advise in 1966.
Re: Can The North Stand Alone? by OLASODE2K: 4:09pm On Nov 10, 2011
lord naya, the ibos dream of ever becoming president is a very good idea by any means. however, their efforts to achieve this noble aspirations would be torpedoed by their fellow ibos as they have so much perfected the art of killing such plans in infancy. lord naya, i share wholehartedly with u this ambition but my greatest concerns are always fellow ibos who are always too greedy and over arrogant to step down for each other and support each other for the greater good of Ndigbo. all these ur rantings wont amount to anything if ur leaders behave true to type.
the yorubas have a saying which goes thus:
ILE NI A NWO, KI A TO SOMO LORUKO
which means
WE LOOK INTO CURRENT EVENTS IN THE HOUSE B4 WE NAME A CHILD
pls lord naya, look inwards and go and beg ur ndigbos not to be overly ambitious come 2015 or else they might eventually lose their mojo outrightly for ever.
a word is enough for the wise.
Re: Can The North Stand Alone? by Yeske2(m): 7:56pm On Nov 10, 2011
With the natural resources in the north they can but can they survive without the human resources with the rampart illiteracy and al-majiri symdrome
Re: Can The North Stand Alone? by aljharem(m): 8:02pm On Nov 10, 2011
Yeske!:

With the natural resources in the north they can but can they survive without the human resources with the rampart illiteracy and al-majiri symdrome

that is a small issue, Once arewa seperate, education can easly be subsidised

then Importation of workers from other countires can be done as well. No problem
Re: Can The North Stand Alone? by Sike(m): 11:22pm On Nov 10, 2011
Why not??
Re: Can The North Stand Alone? by ektbear: 11:45pm On Nov 10, 2011
alj harem:

that is a small issue, Once arewa seperate, education can easly be subsidised

then Importation of workers from other countires can be done as well. No problem
Why is it not being subsidized now? Easier to do that before the split than after. Gov't budgets would be tighter after a split.
Re: Can The North Stand Alone? by Gbenge77(m): 9:04am On Nov 11, 2011
Its a no-brainer.
Re: Can The North Stand Alone? by delpee(f): 9:16am On Nov 11, 2011
Na wa o! I look forward to the day that we can discuss intelligently without extreme bitterness, hatred and agbero mentality. The question asked by the poster does not require most of the bigoted and tribalistic responses on this thread. Its a shame that people are so focused on tribal superiority that they cant reason objectively. Its so disappointing though its clear most NL tribal warriors know little and are unwilling to learn about our history from an unbiased and broad perspective. Great pity!

@poster
Any part of the country can stand alone if the will is there and they allow good leaders to emerge. The nation is blessed all round and we did well in our various regions before independence and crude oil. Perhaps what we really need is the type of federation we had then which encouraged decent competition among the regions and brought out the best in them.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Fayose Rejects Dickson Committee Report, Vows Never To Work With Modu Sheriff / Cleric Presents Documents To EFCC To Charge Oshiomhole For Looting N42 Billion / Google Remembers Funmilayo Ransome-kuti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.